Sketchbook: +more work+ s 8/22 - Page 18

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Blade-14: Thanks for the encouragement

Dile: Thanks bro, just have to keep working hard. The legs do look flat now that you mentioned it.

Kronos: Thanks Kronos , to answer your question, Yes I've been digi painting, learning the tools and different brushes in photoshop. I'll be posting some digi stuff soon. It won't look pretty since I'm learning, but I'm really liking it alot. These were done with mechanical pencil on vellum paper.

Here are some animal drawings for a class I'm taking this semester, some realistic and some more stylized versions. More stuff coming also.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
Very nice animals man! Glad you got that scanner ^^ stuff looks a lot cleaner now!

http://onajii.com/d_sketches/sketch244.jpg
This is my favorite in the bunch! Great work dude !

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Likin the animal designs and all, the horse head cud look a lil bigger, unless or course that was intentional, but apart from that real good creative streak on em. Try and go completely crazy with the designs once in a while and see what u come up with, u might be surprised at how much cooler thay might look!

Why do u stick your nose in other families business'. Come on dude don't u have any HOBBIES?

My sketchbook beckons, ave a look see?
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...09#post1212209

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    goddamn how did I miss this thread. Me=stupid? perhaps. first of all sorry for your loss, my gramps too passed away last summer but being arounf with loved ones helps a lot.the studies are way beyond cool.the linework is loose and confident. More studies please. I am dying for them. And....ahem subscribed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Same here bhanu! How did I miss it. Love the linework, I really gotta work at my lines so finding this SB is a good thing for me too. Cool fishes. Such a big improvement in your sketchbook, keep this up, you're an inspiration!

Woke up this morning, found out my signature was gone..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really love the confidence in your lines that I'm seeing. The animals and fish are looking pretty nice. I like how just a few lines defines so much. Try some 3/4 views of these guys and see how that goes. Generally it makes it a bit harder and might be more of a challenge for ya. The last character design is pretty good too. I'd like to see how you handle more of those. Looking forward to more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lines galore! I'm digging all of the animal sketches, especially the looser ones. Same goes for the figures. Nice. If I could offer one crit about the recent post, watch out about outlining. Some of the animals are flattened out because of the hard outline around it. But keep it up man, cheers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dile: Thanks man, yeah the scanner will really make the process of udating my sketchbook a lot easier.

Blade-14: Danke! Thanks for the feedback, you make some really good points. I will go crazy with my next animal anatomy designs.

Zebs: Thanks for viewing man, yeah the last batch of drawings was for a class that I'm taking, animal anatomy and creature design. My instructor wants simply profile drawings. Doesn't make much since to me. Not really excited about the class or the drawings I posted last. Just want to show everyone what I'm up to. Thanks for the feedback .

bhanu
    : haha, thanks for the kind words bro.

Coen: Thanks for stoppin in my little book, appreciate it bro.

Zord: Thanks for the crit man, you make a solid point. Sometimes I get carried away with my sketches and begin tracing the line over and over again, a bad habbitt that sneaks up on me from time to time. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm aware that I started doing that again. Gotta love the power of an online sketchbook. Appreciate it bro.

Thanks everyone for checking out my book, will definitely be checking out what you guys are up to.

Here I have a little update, some Vilppu studies from Cards I ordered a few days ago. I've really been missing the studies I realized after doing them. Doing them renergize me. Will be doing lots and lots more of these. Look out for some portriats also. Feel free to crit the shite out of me. Again,

Thanks for viewing everyone!

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
  • wow, really nice anatomy studies man

Both thumbs up!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woooo go Vilpu studies! I'm really digging the delicate but deliberate mark making, line economy = nice. M04r?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey there! so sorry about your granddad, hope you and aaron are well.
    admire that you were able to put the stress and energy into drawing - those animal sketches are really a joy to look at - i always love your clean lines.
    they are everywhere, but especially in those life drawings (which are beautiful, btw - and how you arranged everything on the paper...gorgeous!).

the anatomy studies look great, too. reminds me i need to do a lot more of them - right now i'm slightly stressed (2 more weeks to go, 200 pages to write...), so i'm purely "comfort-zoning" whenever i find time... how does this card system by vilppu work? like learning cards? sorry if i sound stupid, just haven't heard of anything llike that. is it good to work with?

always great to see new stuff from you, i'll try and stop by more regularly.
    cheers

stine

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You know what? Some months ago, when I looked at your stuff and your progression I got so angry and frustrated that I got berserk on my scanner and sweared to god never to draw again. Your Anatomy, your sculptures, your scetches, your machines, your doodles, your animals, your monsters, your imagination, your creativity, your dedication is all beyond what a normal human can try to achieve.

But you know what? Fuck that! I'm going to draw every minutes my hands are free, then I'm going to crush you and your fucking talent!

You inspire me! Take care and don't lose it, man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great anatomy studies, keep sharing plz

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    beautiful studes as always my man.

i like the badass fish from the post before too, i'm curious, how big are these drawings? and what vellum paper btw?

keep rocking man

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man, you've really improved a lot.

loving the studies, but I want to see some COLOR!!!!

great work man, keep it up

sketchy poo(sketchbook)
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...87#post2014787

"I do not judge, I only chronicle"... sargent

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome progress!

Great animal studies! And I love the Heavy support unit!

Take care!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

BoneFRAGMENTS

Feeling really good about this thread <> good things are happening here!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry about your loss bro.

I love the animal stuff from that post, I miss the gestural quality in some of the new ones,they're well rendered but try to keep the life in them. The vilpu studies are nice, I especially like the torsos. Great progress in here, keep it coming.

"absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You got some good stuff going here, keep up the hard work.

New Sketchbook

Old Sketchbook

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dile: Thanks Dile, I really enjoy doing anatomy studies, especially when I'm not motivated conceptually, anatomy studies are great because I'm learning by drawing which is very important.

Zord:
    Love Vilpuu, I ordered the lamenated cards from his site their great, I have more to post so watch out .

stine:
    Hey Stine, I really appreciate the support!! I understand that death is apart of life and sometimes life makes us break to celebrate the life of those we love. Thank you very much for your support. Love those portraits by the way.

~Faust~: Hey stranger, its been awhile, good to see you back and stronger than ever!! First, sorry its taken me this long to post, I've been busy with school and out of school projects. I'm sorry that I made you feel that way man, to me its all about growing as an artist in this wonderful community of great artist. For me the process of where I am now to where I'm going is a great challange and I couldn't have done it without a great forum like CA. Lots of different styles and perspectives to pull from and soak up. I to get discouraged by looking at a lot of the pros work here on CA. But I have to dig in and keep the pencil moving. See you in the trenches!

Call0ps: will do, thanks for stopping by.

Kronos: I'm using 14 x 17 vellum paper, but I cut it down to various sizes, the drawings mostly would fit on letter size paper 8.5 x 11 paper.

minjarr:haha, thanks man, but I have a ways to go still. I'm working on the color, but everything is really shitey. Just learning the ropes with photoshop. Color is coming, its coming.

Mentler: Always get a boost whenever you stop in my thread. Thank you very much for stopping in!

Bojee: Thanks for your support, love seeing your sb on page one, knowing your working hard always. Keep feeding us, love what your doing!!

Unbreakable:
    Thank you very much!!!

Thanks everyone for taking a few minutes to say a few words, really appreciate it. Now for the updating.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are some random drawings mixed in with some animal anatomy and creature design concepts for a class I'm taking. I know you guys are getting board of looking at the creatures in just the profile stance, but its what the assignment asks for. when I get time I'll do more stuff also. Please feel free to rip my stuff apart.

Recently I've been busy working on the concepts for a 3d short animation, called hunted. Thats been taking a lot of my time with school and learning digital painting with photoshop. Its definitly a learning experience I'm so use to drawing, sometimes its frustrating, but its all part of the learning process. Below I posted a digi over a drawing I did for class. Don't care for it much, but I thought I should post it. Will post more very soon. Thanks for stopping in guys.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your animal/creature sketches are really something. They show so much skill and imagination. Keep it up!

ps. outstanding progress by the way :]

http://www.sakuhatakka.com/ - image portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man you are great... i like your drawings very much... can't w8 for more.. keep it up...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    beautifull lines man, the creatures are real nice. keep it up

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, you got the animals rolling Thanks for the kind words, I'm returning the favor. How's the education coming along? Are you learning a lot from your teachers? Sometimes I wonder what an art-education might be like...

Whatever, I do see some things I don't like about your recent update (they are no technical issues, your lines are good )

About the portrait: she has no expression I can witness. Not even a "whatever" expression. Her face is just blank. You should concentrate how every little tiny wrinkle in the corner of the eye makes for great emotions. and how the mouth is more than two lips put up against each other. Well, the proportions are propably a style-decision but I must say, I don't like it. It doesn't translate as that, it doesn't look like you'd knew how to do it right.

Animals: They all have very stiff poses. Which is fine considering this is concept art I guess .... Well additionally, I don't like how they are proportioned, either. I think their backs are too big and too much of the masses are concentrated on the backside which makes them seem a tad unbalanced to me. Also, always having straight line-spinalcords doesn't feel right to me also, even if it may be.

Your pencils: I am the last one to critic someone's pencil usage, but in yours, one sees that you abandoned personal feelings for technical accurateness. And with accurateness, I mean you can draw a bunch of perfectly perfect lines, straight besides one another and apply a clean hatching. Unfortunately it seems that you are so in love with hatching around that you forget to apply its sense: To describe form, shadows, planes, VALUES! You should be more aware of mid-range values. Your pencils are all way too soft. Also, when you apply rendering to your outlines, the outlines begin to intoxicate the whole thing. Because the outlines in that case are still darker than the darkest shadows you want to describe with your rendering, which often doesn't work, I think. Also, you don't even seem to think about light that much, since your light-sources come from the same spot all the time and there's no interesting shadowplay I can witness. (Although in your anatomy-studies, you sometimes apply them).
    A good thing would be to use more than one value for shadows. Something like lighter shadows on the outside and darker shadows on some places on the inside. Always looks nicer.

About the photoshop-colouring: when I was beginning to work digital in general, I also tried to color linework. Which was ultimately sucking of course. I don't know about you, but to me, colouring linework is a tremendous task. So I decided that for me, a scetch should merely be a hint on what to paint and not filling in. With a proper understanding of light and colour and a fair bit of practice, it will be alright for both of us, I think, though.

The only thing I could add for myself (I mean you ): Give yourself more chances to make mistakes, buddy! I know it is always harsh when you experiment and your work becomes crappy. But think about it. When you started, 90% of your work probably was crap. And how much did you improve then? I bet a hell of a lot. Now, 90% of your work is going according what you have wished. If that is the case, you should ask yourself if that's how you want it to be. Make mistakes. Let all kinds of strange artifacts flow around in your work and incorporate them as happy mistakes. They will level you up much faster and will make your art much more lively!

Well, that's all for now, sorry for being so critic again, but I know you are one who can take it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
  • Wow, kudos to faust for making such a huge and accurate critique, and for taking his time! I know darron will appreciate it!

Great work Darron, although , yes I agree with faust, but I still see a lot of improvement! haha I have nothing good to say, because faust said it all ^^

Keep the great updates coming! I lovin' it!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn great studies, AND drawings... kickass thread, 5 stars from me buddy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great nose ^^ i love the face on this one. is it from ref? the fold on her arm could be placed better.

did i mention how much i learned from looking at you sculpture? it's so cool. and the animals are amazing
    thanks for the encouragement

my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Darktwin for visiting my sb. Loving your pencils, and the studies, amazing stuff all around. The only crit I noticed is that you start a character, and only sketch part of it and stop. Spend more time in your pieces. Also think maybe add more dynamics to the poses in your characters a few pages back you had a few that an awesome design, but they didn't have a lot of life to them, but then at other times, your poses are great. Not that I have any room to talk, all of my poses are bad for the most part. Its great going through your stuff though, very inspirational. Happy drawing

Sketchbook

Pale Blue Dot

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I suck at using paing ,o_o,

your faces are well rendered and have plenty of mass, but are looking squishy and insubstantial. Try drawing out a face using the skull first, then muscles, then skin. If you do it in steps, structure will take care of itself.

Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.

• Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1