Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: +more work+ s 8/22

Thanks
    hey there! great studies, last one is my favourite. thanks for the info to your sculpture, i thought it was bigger. must've been really tricky to get all the details in it... i'm SO looking forward to see your master studies, i'm sure you'll be doing great. are you working with photoshop or painter? see you around, cheers,

stine
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I really like the evolution from the first things you posted here
    Nice going, dont stop, your getting there =)
    My Internal Organs ... my "sketchbook"
    To visit my portfolio, http://www.simonrainville.com
    my best friend

Thanks
    That sculpture is looking pretty cool. Too bad it broke apart, but in away, I think it adds to the creepyness of the piece. Keep up the figure studies, they are looking good. One comment on the first one of your last post, the back looks like it has funky bumps all over it instead of reading as muscle.

Thanks
    Amazing monster designs! Mind sharing a bit of the process you used to actually come up with the ideas? Besides being very creative I'm really loving how cleanly they're lined and shaded, very beautiful.

The sculpture turned out great! Is it to scale?
    Chisa's Happy Place (sketchbook) | chisa@deviantart | The ChiGarden | sketchblog

SSG No. 17

Thanks
    Faust: Thanks man, yeah that back does look like a mutant bumpy back.

Stine:not a problem, I should be kissing your feet for the link you gave me I downloaded a lot of really beautiful master works I want to study and learn , thanks you

Rottendegenerate:thanks man

Matt Smith: Thanks for stopping in man, yeah the sculpture turned out better than I thought without the head and arms looks a little more aged I guess, lol, I'm pleased with it, and thats saying a lot. Thanks for the crit man, the first of the two last studies do look like mutant bumps of some sort. Crits are awesome, really helps me realize my flaws when I don't seem them clearly.

Chisa: Thanks, yeah these creaturs just come from my head, they kinda just flow out onto the page as I experiment with loose shapes, sometimes I have an idea of a creature, other times I just let the pencil do the work, What I really need to do is do a crap load of little thumbnails of silloutes creatures, it would be like a pool of thumbs to draw from, I also browse this wonderful community of other badass artist to get ideas from. I'll be glad to share it.

Ok, after looking at the first back study and hearing your wonderful feedback I couldn't go to bed until I re-rendered the first study of the last post. Ok here it is, thanks for your crits everyone, very valuable.

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    This 2 new torso are really cool and more convincent...
    are you mixing normal pen with pastel for the hilights ?
    looks very diferent efect
    keep posting.. cya

Thanks

Master STudy

Ledd: Its just graphite wood pencils with a white Charcoal pencil, thanks man

Well Finally started working seriously wtih the tablet, This is a my master study wip by Alexander John White titled "Repose", and amazing artist of his time, just recently stumbled across his work, its great.

+more work+  s  8/22

Here is my digi wip painting in Photoshop, crits are welcome, plan on being done with this soon.

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    i found out why your user name is darktwin today. i always thought it was cause you like drawing monsters or something, but cool. like the pics in there. and you're making quite a lot of improvement in drawing too. well done on the redo. and the master copy is lookking good. watch the angle/tilt of her head.
    my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    woah, that's a tough painting to copy! but you're doing great! really like what i'm seeing here, especially because you managed to keep the values very clean on her dress. very, very cool! can't wait to see her face finished! see you, cheers,
    stine

Thanks
    Hey, you've been busy. Cool sculpture, skinny old dudes are always fun models.
    Nice anatomy stuff too, the re-drawn back study is much better. I agree with ~Faust~'s comment that some of those earlier ones are kinda blobby, but that already seems to be disappearing. Good Stuff.

With your monsters, I think this one is the most successful. It has a good silhouette, pretty clear values and interesting anatomy. A few things that could help it more: I would lose the hatching in front of the face, since its not helping to pop any details or anything, so it's just hurting the picture. Also, I can see what you where going for by fading the far arm, but the complete lack of detail all the way down doesn't look right, and flattens it out a bit. Also, the tone on the tail feels like an afterthought, so that kind of hurts it. It's ok to minimize the detail in an area like that, I would recommend it even, but it just seems unfinished as it is, as does the leg. One final thing, if he's running, which it looks like he is to me, maybe angle him forward more. Remember, diagonal lines = ACTION.
    Improvements all around here, keep it up, and hope this is helpful.

My Sketchbook

-John

Thanks
    Pennington:haha, yeah I used that name for along time and it just stuck. When Ashrumm and I were younger I was the one who always got in trouble more, so when people ask "who is the evil one?" The finger usually got pointed to me, which was very true, So the Alias Darktwin I became, mmmuuuhahahhaha. Yeah man, thanks for stopping in.

Stine: Hey there master , Yeah I've been working on her for to long so I'm going to through in the towel, its time to move on and do more studies and other things. It came out all right, not happy with the face, but tired of looking at it, your crits are always welcome.

John T:Again with your wonderful crits, Can't express how thankful I am man, Its really awesome to see an artist of your quality stopping in my sb. Your right about the tone on the tail, it was just something I decided to add last minute. The posture I was going for was more of a prawling, Pretty much just walking, but I see your point, the way I postioned the arms could make it seem like he's running. Thanks again man, very much appreciated.

Ok here is a master study that really isn't complete, but I'm done with it, time for me to move on and work on other stuff. Not happy with the face because its definitly off, but what the hell, I'm tired of working on this piece but I'll probably fix it later. This was my first tablet painting in photoshop experience, it was hell and pain getting use to the pen, shortcut keys, trying to match the colors of the palette, etc, but more than anything it was freaking fun. I learned a shit load, but I have a long ways to go. thank you everyone for viewing, there will be more to come soon. Your crits are more than welcomed.

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Wow, beautiful study. was a bit lost in the forshortening, Still very Quality work.
    And Great Torso Study, I had no Idea there were so many details in the back... I need to try a few of those.
    I'm going to go do some fabric/drapery studies now.

~Mr_S_14
    (I updated my sketchbook)
    Last edited by Mr_S_14; June 5th, 2006 at 06:13 PM.
    ~"With a little hope, and alot of try, anything is possible."~
    ~"The harder You work, the better life gets."~
    ~"The pain doesn't last, but the gain will last forever."~
    ~"Fear is my courage." ~Mr_S_14

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 625 Posts
Hey very nice!
great MasterPainting
your anatomy stuff is REALLY awsome now, and I can see your
improveing alot! Its even more cool that you
have start to draw with your wacom!!
Keep it up Darktwin!

Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast