Sketchbook: +more work+ s 8/22 - Page 16

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Took some time to go through all your sketchbook, and youve really improved over time. You conceptualization of masses is becoming finer and finer. You also have great rendering techniques. Only thing i would could suggest is to try to draw the forms more as u seen them modeled in your head and not to rely only on what you see on the model. For example: i love the profile portrait you did of your friend (Dec. 8th) but the dark tone on the bottom of her face takes away from the illusion of form and draws the eye downwards. Maybe you could have subdued it a little?

Your anatomy studies are awesome (both drawn and molded), and i cant wait to see where you'll take them. Post more soon!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i haven't visited in a long time. sorry. many you've made tons of improvement!! the portrait is awesome and the studies are mind boggling.

my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn i've been gone for awhile. but i gotta say- beautiful lines on those drawings from nov. 4th man. that last portrait is looking really top notch too. keep it up Darron.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man you r work is amazing!!! what school do you go to???

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ecroche complete!

Dile: Thanks bro, keep up the great work.

Mentler: Thanks you sir, keep feeding us please.

Mr. Man: Thanks for the feedback, yeah I don't know how many hours I put into this, but it has to be a lot.

Flip M: Thanks for taking the time and viewing my work. Your are very right about the her chin area, it is definitely a bit dark drawing the eye in, unfortunetly I already sprayed it so I'm not able to go in and pull some of that dark out. thanks for the crit.

pennington: thanks for stopping in my book

sith: Thanks bro, you keep doing what your doing

arechiga-tony: Thanks man, I go to the Academy of Art University, San Francisco. I can't give the school credit for my drive though. I look at the school as a tool in helping me progress as an artist. As a student Its really important at any institute of higher learning to do the research in finding the best instructors and classes. To many students put their faith in the curriculm and advisors. I'm paying for my education and I'm going to take what ever phucking class I want to take, despite their rules, etc. Sorry got carried away. its just this class isn't even required for anyone to take at the academy in any of the departments at the academy. Can you believe that shit. This class is one of the best classes at the academy hands down, and its not even required......

I took figure sculpting before Ecroche, shouldn't it be the other way around? No school is perfect, In fact most schools are ran shitty, and be ready to fight the administration for what you want to take if you want a solid education, because at the academy there are a lot of filler classes. ok I said enough, thanks for viewing.

The semester has come to an end, It really hasn't sunk in thats it over. I finished up last night while cleaning up my sculpt. It really doesn't even feel like I'm finished with my Ecroche, but I am. The first 7 images are from last weeks class focused on the leg, and the last 7 images were focused on th arm during the last class. I have to say this was the best class I've ever taken. It was the most informative class I've ever taken. My professors study of anatomy is influenced by Richer and Bridgeman. If you ever have the oppertunity to take an Ecroche class, please do, you won't regret it, well, if its anywhere close to my experience then it will be worth it.

focus on the leg.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

With the arm to complete the study.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Last edited by Darktwin; December 21st, 2006 at 11:38 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AHHH!

i can SEE the learning!!!!!!!! pld: did you say thats with oil based clay? that must be kinda pricey right?

fantastic work man, and those Bridgman studies are looking great! i'm doing the same thing at the mo, although i'm going from front to back

the portrait's really nice too, fantastic contrast, proportion and sense of lighting

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
wow! It turned out awesome man! congratz on that!
You gotta get a hell lot better hang of anatomy by doing this one! Nice
way of learning it

btw, WHY havent you said ONE word about the workshop ??
TELL ME!!!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Boy has this sketchbook earned it's stars. Great bridgman studies.

The sculpture in the last post is amazing.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that's a great sculpture. I've always wanted to do one of those sculptures and all those studies you've been doing, but I've never had the motivation. It was great to meet you in frisco, lookin forward to goin there!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOW > that sculpture.

i hope when i am going to art school i get such lessons to.
    damnz. that's just awesome.
    and all the study's you are doing. fantastic.
    i can't say much more. my jaw smashed on my desk drewling.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Brotherhood of the Bone

The Ecroche is looking kick-ass <> I am going to make a resolution to do one in 07 <> best to you and yours and thanks so much for your support of my humble threads.... For artists... drawing is talking so let your voice be heard.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dig the sculpture. It is big enough to shake hands with.

Make a sketchbook happy, feed it a tip to improve!

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85628

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks everyone for visiting my sb, Below are sketches and drawings I did while home for break. Besides the bridgeman hands everything else was done with mechanical pencil. .05 pencil with F lead. Below are various hand studies and eye studies with some concepts in addition. Learned a lot but have a long ways to go. Thanks for viewing everyone and lets start of the new year strong to make CA even stronger.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Last edited by Darktwin; January 19th, 2007 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
  • http://onajii.com/d_sketches/sketch205.jpg

*falls to floor dead*

omg, once, back then, I really thought I could catch up to your skill level...
    that piece, and your last update, literally killed all my hopes about that, and lol, from being a strong 4 star artist ( which I think is a 5 star artist ) you "kind of" now, uhm deservs 5 stars for sure , or higher...
    Great improvement, one of the most impressive improvement on the board for sure, great ain't even enough, Awesome or amazing that is! Im VERY impressed pld: pld:
    ~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HOLY FREAKIN MONKEY CRAP! those are some super nice updates! i think dile pretty much has it down pat,

i REALLY like this dude
    http://onajii.com/d_sketches/sketch211.jpg

those studies are beautiful too.... really looks like they are helping.... a lot!

sorry for the extreme ass patting, but yeah, you deserve it, keep going!!!!

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
  • Im sick... Im having fever, Im home from school, and nobody is home... The door beel rings, and theres a post-man outside the door that want me to sign this package he is carrying .. Im very suspicious, a little afraid , because I can't think of anything i have ordered the last 20 days , and I know some people been blown on a lot of money.. However.. After all theres an address on the paper, and I thought I should sign it... I sign it quick and goes in again.. What I see when I open it realllly made my day Darron! Im sooo happy right now! You should know that!
    hahah

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks a lot man! I'd never thought a package could make me sooo happy!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff !!! amazing pencils and sculp ^^ u the man! i have seen your stuff until now and what a improvemet! keep it up

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The improvement from page one to eight is wicked sick..
    What have you've been up to? Or more important... what have I've been up to

Amazing works man. A kick to the head for a lazy bum like me. Thanks for sharing man!

.peace

Currently doing my internship at Muskedunder Interactive
    portfolio - cghub - deviantart

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those hand studies are reallly paying off, infact all your studies are - really impressive. Only thing I could mention, with hands especially, is keep an eye on those negative spaces and on the overal shape that the hands make before you go into the detail of the fingers etc. Great work!!

Last edited by Alcian; February 1st, 2007 at 04:15 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dile:No problem man, I'm happy to help a really awesome friend like yourself grow as an artist. It should be about helping each other grow. We learn the most from each other than alone.

Call0ps: Thanks for checking out my sb .

MorteM:
    Wow thanks man, its good to hear that sometimes, thanks for the support man.

Alician:
    Thanks for the feedback and checking it out my sb. .

Well here are some more studies and drawings, Sorry for the late update, I'm going to try to update twice a week with stuff. I'm going to be drawing a lot this year. More than ever in my life to develop my skills. Thanks again everyone for visiting.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Drawings above were done at the beginning of december before the workshop Insomania, I actually took these drawings and others because they were more recent concepts I did before the Insomania. I got a lot of good feedback to progress my skills.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

The studies above were inspired by Lukavi's sketches in his sketchbook. I'm really trying to keep my lines loose and fluid allowing my subconious to create somthing abstract or random I can build on. I think the understanding of staying loose with the pencil, very light, and less sketchy by keeping the pencil on the paper (building my confidence) has really benefitted me. I still have a ways to go, so I'm going to keep on grinding for the next level.

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
  • Well, lukavi and Lukias are both awesome artist, but I guess you reffered to mr.lukias Very nice studies, you just keeping impressing me
    nice females, however the impression i get of the legs are that they are to long, why ? yeah cause you never marked the "crotch" well in these, which makes me think that the legs continue very high up, but in fact, we see a part of the hip, right ?
    Keep it up man and thanks for the comment

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, your studies and concepts are coming along really nice, i really like this one http://onajii.com/d_sketches/sketch219.jpg, how you use the line, very clean, this one is super cool too http://onajii.com/d_sketches/sketch210.jpg.
    Keep up the hard work man, its paying off really fast.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ello darktwin, thought I would drop in here, considering how much Dile talks about you:p
    http://onajii.com/d_sketches/sketch211.jpg
    this one is stunning. It might be the scan, but he seems very awkward, balance wise, but the design is beautiful.

Digging the studies, would like to see some more rendered stuff as well.
    pretty amazing improvement from page one though, inspirational at least!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    how rude, you didn't reply to my comment just kidding man, you must have just missed it

hey man, fantasmic stuff! those pages of heads are really nice. your line confidence is REALLY getting great. Dile has a point about the long legs in the demon ladies, they do appear to be longer than they actually are, but i don't know, if i actually look at them for a while it looks like the structure seems fine i think its just that they are so skinny and the pelvis doesn't jump out at you so it takes a while to register????....

keep working on those hands, they are going really damn well, but there is something about them that still feel a little unconfident. i think some of the gestures are a bit awkward, i can't quite put my finger on it, i think in some of them the bone structure isn't as solid as it could be so they look flimsy??? i'm not sure if thats it or not though perhaps try some chunkier hands at some point too, most f the hands you've done recently have been quite delicate looking.

ah, just gotta say again how much i love those head pages they are very nice.

some of your figures in the last batch don't seem that grounded, the angle of the feet or something....

anyway man, keep up the aww inspiring progress, its SO good to see

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dile: Yeah thanks for pointing that out Dile, so yeah Lukais is the one who I've really been annalyzing, and studying from in the previous arm and face studies.

Diego: Thanks man, well I stay really loose and gestural at first finding shapes before I commit to a line. If I don't like an area I'll quickly erase in the beginning stages while the line is light. The reason also why my line is clean is I've learned to keep the pencil down on the paper more when drawing forcing myself to be more confident. With practicing that I've learned that designs and concepts come more natural.

blanquish: Thanks for stopping in, the balance of the character might be a little borderline off, but its mostly the angle of the picture I took. well I hope the post below will help you out a little.

Kronos:
    Kronos thanks for the feedback man. Everything you said is right on in the areas I could definitely improve on. Hands are a bitch, but I really love the challenge. Just got a Hogarth book, probably will go and do some hands studies out of it. In the light sketches, I really trying to put down structure and form at a more loose approach, as you can see I have alot of work to do still.

Everyone thanks for stopping in, your feedback really means a lot to me, will definitely be returning the favor. Below are some concepts I've develop from a story I came up with.

A near future Swiss Guard Special Ops security unit, created to guard high governmental figures of the EU. I got my inspiration from the historic elements fo the actual swiss guard and how they functioned protecting high officals of foriegn countries; Spain and France, and currently the pope. below are a few concepts, Drones, light armor soldier, heavy armor soldier, tactical drones and a medium armor support vehicle(mech). The Cross is a representation of the Swiss flag, not as in a medic/red cross. They flag and red cross symbol are the same, I jazzed my design up a little bit.

Please feel free to crit, still trying to grow and get better.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Below are the rendered versions of a few drawings below.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Below : Tactical Drone concepts

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

thanks for viewing everyone

Last edited by Darktwin; February 5th, 2007 at 02:45 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

5 Bones

Five stars all the way <> great studies <> thanks for dropping by

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good Stuff bro the last few concepts of yours of the future swiss guard are pretty damn awesome good stuff keep up the good work bro!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your lines are incredible!The creativity,the fluidity,all I can do here is asspat so...*pats ass*...more!

Oh and thanks for stopping by my SB.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very good pencils. What hardness are you using for these? 2b?
    edit1: gz to page 9 btw ;D

• Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2