Sketchbook: +more work+ s 8/22 - Page 14

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lovely last portrait (a little disturbing, but that just prooves you did it right...). the small gesture studies are great, too. reminds me, i need to do such studies more often... what i love about the "knight" sketch of september 12th is how you create depht by contrast. the arm really "pops" because you made it darker than the legs. really well done. great to see new stuff from you. has school started yet? cheers!

stine

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sup, dude.

Wow, let me just say your profiles are sexy, sexy. The girl with the soft neck from sept. 8, sick. Scanned through your first few pages, and judging from the work you produce now, you have made insane progress. Thumbs up to that, man. Very inspiring. Keep this up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice sketches. I wish I can be as good in grpahite as you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good faces man, cool of you to do gestures too, need to do some of them too.
    more!

tiger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Even with the disfigurement, that last one is beautiful. These drawings are kicking my ass !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That last portrait is really awesome. The gestures are very nice aswell.

Keep rockin'!

http://www.sakuhatakka.com/ - image portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow man! I love your hand studies! Very nice line work!
    I love the last portrait aswell! Awesome man!!

Thanks for sharing!
    Keep it up!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, that disfigured portrait is great. Gestures are looking good. But I have to admit that this image blew my mind. Simply gorgeous. Would love to see more of that style.
    Cheers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woah! that last one is wierd but really cool, great job!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude! You are the quickest improver EVER! Disfigured woman = excellente.
    Greeeeeat stuff!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really nice, make sure you get those ears in. Looking forward to the inks.

"absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i realy like that last one, saved it on my compu!
    well done. the study's are looking good.

i like your shading in that last one!.
    Great job.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very good stuff in this SB! I like your pencil style. I love this portrait
    +more work+  s  8/22
    Very nice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your pencil has a very elegant touch. i think you can go far with it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

torso master studies

the SB lives!!!

Blahm:Thanks man, yeah just gotta keep nocking these out. Your right about the portraits, it seems everytime I look at the ones I do without reference I can definitly see something I can improve on.

stine: I always love it when you stop in my little book, yeah I wanted to mix it up a little, yeah school has started, its been keeping me busy. How is that thesis coming along.

lukavi:Thanks for the encouragement man, everyone needs that every now again. I really enjoy your work, the mood you bring to your paintings, wow, thank you again.

andy5 You can, just keep at it, and it will come to you, I still have a ways to go, thanks for your kind words.

Tigermilk: Thanks man, yeah I need to do more gestures.

lefran: I have to agree with you, thanks for stopping in my books

Meatsworthy: haha, yeah right, your drawing and digi skills are at a level I can only wish to be at. You've really inspired the hell out of me man, keep it up!! and thanks for stoppin in my sb. you keep rocking dude.

Spats: Thanks man

fog: Danke

fedezz: I have the supplies now, just have to get around do doing more with the ink. I'll get there, backed up with some other stuff at the moment, glad you like man.

rblitz7: thank you,

Asoir: haha, thanks man,

Bojee: I'll be sure to finish that ear, thanks for pointing that out. The inks are in progress, thanks for stopping in Bojee.

oma: thank you,

Lohan: Wow dude thanks for the bump, really appreciate it, and thanks for viewing.

thank you everyone for stopping in my book, crits the encouragement, just don't know what I'd do without CA.

ok now I know I haven't posted in a little while, I have been drawing though, I have some characters I'm working on right now for a story I thought off a few days ago. I'm really excited about it and I think the characters are going to be really cool. Lately I've been doing that 50 torso challenge over at cgsociety with Rebecca. Its been a really awesome challenge, don't think I'm going to get to 50 torsos, but I'll shoot for as many as I can get done with all the school projects and other personal development projects I've been working on. as of now I'm 11/50, going to shoot for 30 or somthing like that, if I wasn't already busy I would have enough time. I wish I didn't need sleep

The torso studies are from old master sculptures, drawings and paintings. with these pencil drawings I used a black cool erase and a mechanical pencil.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Last edited by Darktwin; October 2nd, 2006 at 03:36 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
OH DAMN pld: Those updates are mind-blowing! comeing from you its a great improvement! Nice work man!

Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook ! Only used Normal and Overlay as mood on the brush tool No textures, I just drawed no dodge neighter Thanks however!

Keep it up man! you starting getting really badass! Keep up the portraits aswell!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i just realized you updated about the last time i updated, except you've actually done stuff, haha. anyway those torsos are looking mighty fine and so are most of your portrait updates. on some of those portraits the eyes are looking a tad off though, but other times they look completely spot on; so, i know you can do 'em- just remember to take some care in those areas when you're working them. keep on bustin' out the greatwork Darktwin.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, awsome stuff! Nice to see ya posting again too. Your shading is still kick arse I see. One thing that sticks out though, http://onajii.com/d_sketches/torso5.jpg
    I can't tell ya what it is, just seems... off. Maybe too much hip to torso ratio? Twist is too high perhaps...

Sketchbook

Quote Originally Posted by Julianna
    Wow, I might as well have said "I am working on a book urging the beating to death of baby whales using the dead bodies of baby seals."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man wasup?!

muchthanx for stopping by my sb bro - you are waay too kind.

These studies are awesome man - really awesome. Makes me want to do this one too (did the first can't tell you how much I learned and I only did around 28 or so). Always enjoyed doing the statues/busts more than the paintings. Wonderful work dude, show us more!

ciao bro!

- d.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great studies dude! I'd watch the outlines on the figures as my eyes kinda go there first because they're thicker than the others. Push the darks a bit more (armpits, buttcracks etc) and they'll reall show the mass your hatching is implying. Keep this up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, your anatomy know how is exceptional, and the newest portraits are all killin.
    These torsos are all mechanical pencil? Holy cow, impressive man. Maybe try some quicker ones, in charcoal or somethin, to try and hit the 50 mark?
    Great new stuff duder.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I haven't been around in a long while, and look what's cookin'! Zhao Ming Wu is amazing, and I am a little envious that you got to learn a thing or two from him. Great stuff, unlike anything I've seen of yours. That said, let me perhaps point to a couple things that I think would help.
    You are using value to good effect in your portraits, but often seem to ignore it in your imaginary stuff. Try and think about how and why value makes your from life drawings so impactful, and try and work that into your other drawings. Sometimes a little value can go a long way, so it's not like everything needs to be fully rendered, just think about how you could really make a big difference with just a bit of carefully placed value.
    Another thing is that you need to be careful to remember to put thickness in your eyelids. Every plane change should be represented, and I feel like a lot of the eyelids are paper thin. Really look in a mirror, or freak someone out by staring at their eyes, and you'll see that eyelids are actually pretty thick.

On a random note, check out this sweet site for some fantastic advice on design.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy P
    Man, your anatomy know how is exceptional, and the newest portraits are all killin.
    Agree! That's where you're kicking my ass darktwin . You keep rocking too, every time I see these drawings I head to the sketchbook.

Though this one appears a little awkward compared to the rest.

Looking forward to your story characters.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    alright world, here is a little dump of some randomness, I haven't been lazy drawing, just damn busy with classes and projects, but thats no real excuse for not posting anything. Here we go

Dile.exe:Thanks man, btw, really like the name change, has a nice ring to it. I'm also glad you got the skillful huntsmen.

sith:appreciate you stopping in, and thanks for the crit, love your work man, very inspiring.

Derram: yeah, I probably had the torso twisted a bit much, but I think the original I worked from was pretty exaggerated. thanks for the stopping in Derram.

demented:

MrBobmarley: yeah I did outline them abit, will work on that, yeah the darks could be pushed more to get a little more popping action, I'm done with those though. Thanks for stopping in man.

Andy P:
    Thanks dude, yeah I was on a roll with the portriats, school just started picking up, so I know I'm not going to make it. But the ones I did get done was a great lesson.
    John T:

Meatsworthy: dude, your drawings are badass plus you paint like a pro, I don't, I'm finally using the tablet, just doing some color exercises is all. getting use to it more so, been playing around in sketcher also, thanks for stopping in man, and your right about the one you pointed out, I got carried away doing detail to early and the pose ended up stiff. I should know better, good eye .

thanks for viewing everyone.

the first 3 post are sketches from the sketch crawl event about 3 weeks ago. It was solid event, lots of fun and met some CAers!!
    +more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22
    some blind contours at a bar with Jedmo, good times.
    +more work+  s  8/22
    the next few pages are various studies, good exercises.
    +more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22
    two pen life drawings from a workshop. on this one I screwed up the mouth so I had to do something
    +more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22
    value studies, one from Zhao Ming Wu demo from my class over the summer, and the second one is from a painting "Portrait of General James Oglethorpe by William Aikman. I'm working on the characters I want to do a few more before posting them so you guys and rip them apart .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
  • oh shit, you are sooo improveing by every post! and as I told ya on msn, your stuff is absolutly 5 star stuff! if I didnt already had voted you, I would now however! keep it up! I be in laterz with some better comments on every piece/ crits!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Portrait studies are bling bling, as usual. And those hands and feet are all really solid. Nothin but asspats from me today.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Darktwin Great progression and improvement throughout your SB.

There's something about your pencil work that I really like, can't put my finger
    on exactly what it is, but it works for me

Keep the good work coming.

tekdj

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dile.exe: Thanks man, likewise Dile, your really putting in the work, and its really going to pay off. Keep it up bro.

Andy P: Thanks for stopping in bro, you just keep working your arse off like you've been doing.

tekdj: Danke, thanks for the support man, I'll definitly keep it coming.

Ok here is a little update, yesterday I went to the Oakland museum of California with my class. on the bottom level is the natural sciences area, an array of stuffed animals. Lions, bears, birds, etc, man I had a blast!!!, We were there for about 3 and a half hours, I'm definitly going back and spend an entire day there drawing animals, I had a hell of a time. Just used my trusty .5 mechanical pencil

here are the results of the field trip

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya,

took some time to go through your sketch book, its fun watching your drawings getting better.
    I like the outlines on this one http://onajii.com/d_sketches/torso5.jpg

I just figured out for my self that when I'm doing studies like your mass shoes/ animals and stuff I'm recently trying to play around with composition, tying to make it look intresting even if its just some random doodle.

keep pushin !

• Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2