Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    hey darktwin, answer on msn!! jk dude, great 8 head
    rule, though i dont really like to stay too comited to it.
    Those fat ladies really look ugly, the drawing is cool, but
    those chicks arent what u wanna encounter on the dancefloor Their hands are abit wierd but the
    anatomy looks great, thumbs up dude

-WolfBane

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hey darktwin, very nice gesture studies. and the last few updates show a great progress, especially with the proportions. in your older sketches sometimes the back seemed a little long, but now you've really got a feel for the forms. and the ladies are cool. great use of hatching there! see you around...

Thanks
    some good progress, keep it up

Thanks
    Cool studies, I like postures on these ladies. The hands and feet feel a bit tossed away, but I know these are more gesture oriented. Good work on the 8head, lools like you've got a solid bead on the torso and waist. It all falls in line from there! Keep it up!

Thanks
    Dile:Hey Dile glad I can help man, It definitly took longer than I expected, but it was a very good exercise, hope this helps.

zuez:Thanks for the encouragement, and thanks for viewing.

Wolfbane:thanks man, yeah the hands on the big ladie were definitly rushed, but it was more of a gesture exercise. Glad your apart of the ssg After the semester is up I'm definitly going to dive into the tablet and draw like crazy, can't wait.

Stine: Thanks Stine, master of portraits, I can really learn from the way you draw. I struggle when drawing portraits, I want to draw and outline everything, but it makes the drawing very tight vs being loose and more naturally appealing. I'll definitly be visiting your sb more. cheers

DerMidlet: Thanks for viewing

Any P: Thanks Andy, I'll definitly have more stuff after the semester is over. Will be visiting your sb, great inspiration.

Well guys sorry for posting so late, its the end of the semester so the final projects have been kicking me in the ass. 1 week left, I can't wait, and I'll have much more time to draw.

These are some creature concept sketches for Project Exodus, Dile and Wolfbane are leading. I offered to do a few creature designs, more on the way. These creatures relating to the story of Project Exodus are found around "No mans Land", the area where the crater hit. These creatures have had little contact with humans. These creatures seem to be guards of the materia that hit earth infesting the earth with alien energy. The monstrocies are orginal spawns from the materia astroid. They are intelligent beings with an agenda no one can answer. The only recordings of human contact have come from aerial survellience. Any forward observation ground units sent near the crater, have never returned.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Very nice creature concepts bro i'm very impressed they are clean and rendered very ncely. Keep it up, looks like project exodus has the right man for their creatures.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 625 Posts
Wow, yeah they are Impressive! cool stuff darktwin!
I like the first one cause of the zombie look.
I like the second one cause of the look, and powerfulness, it
seems so evil! haha,. great!
the 3:rd one ose pretty cool also, but It would be more cool with
legs, and some mechanical part there instead, of....nothing

The 4:rd one is the only one I dont really like, ( its cool that way but)
cause of that its so odd compared to the others I hope you get
me. it kinda doesnt fit but REEALLY cool stuff this time Darktwin
and thx to the anatomy, you really got the second one to look
real!!!

Thanks
    awesome concepts dude, really nice Agree with Dile on the last one.
    Doesent really fit with the others, but the rest is brilliant. Thanks for joining
    in btw, really cool to have a skilled person in the project Keep up the
    updates, hoping for more P-X

Thanks
    Mind-blowing pencil-skills! Those are next on my list

Thanks
    Cool new stuff man, love the posture on the second one. That mofo is on the hunt.

Thanks
    Woot, I'm back and Still Alive. I think my internet was having network problems or something. Quality Work Darktwin, I like the loose gesture / feel of the first and last one of this post. keep Creating Darktwin

~Mr_S_14
    Last edited by Mr_S_14; May 24th, 2006 at 04:58 PM.
    ~"With a little hope, and alot of try, anything is possible."~
    ~"The harder You work, the better life gets."~
    ~"The pain doesn't last, but the gain will last forever."~
    ~"Fear is my courage." ~Mr_S_14

Thanks
    ashrumm:thanks bro

Dile:Thanks man,

Wolfbane:Thanks man more to come where

Faust: Thanks man

Andy P:Thanks Andy P, your stuff is the shizznits

Mr_S_14:
    I hope you get that all solved with your internet problems man, thanks I'll keep creating dark.

Ok now that the semester is over and I have a little break, I'm going to be drawing like a mad man. I have a goal to obtain by the end of the summer, and I want to meet it.

here is some stuff I recently did during the last hell week of the semester. Also I have this horrible allergy bug / bronchitus shit, I swear I've drained gallons of mucus out of my lungs. I'm getting better, but I have no sense of smell, it sucks like hell, but it could always be worse.

well here are a few more pieces for PX, More stuff on the way also, thanks for viewing everyone.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Ugh, sorry to hear you're so sick, that stinks.

Stuffs coming along. Like how you are extending the flow through the hands in most of these. With your gestures, maybe try and play with the flow and shapes of your lines a little more, so everything isn't just variations of spherical forms, which tends to segment things. The body is a whole, a harmonoius unit.
    Also, this drawing has some tangent problems in relation to the left arm, be careful in situations like this. Renderings are looking more and more solid, keep it up.

-John

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 625 Posts
  • Wow, I love the face of the second one, reminds me of your
    Gonna do some more work for P-X my self! its good to have you on!
    I Gonna move some stuff to the website, but I defiently need a fastr host
    Keep the good work up Darktwin

Thanks
    John T: I really appreciate your critiques man, they really make me sit back and think about how to approach things differently. I will definitly try to be more gestural in my intial concept stage so my drawing doesn't seem so stiff. Your exactly right about drawing the base spheres, like the torso, pelvis, so so on, because when I get to the arms It takes me a little time to figure out how to place the arms somewhat naturally. Thanks man for viewing, I want to view your sketchbook if you have a link.

Dile:Thanks Dile, more stuff to come soon, your anatomy studies are looking great, I want to see more of those.

Ok here is one of the sculptures I finished during the semester, spent 2 classes working on it, I'm rather happy with the sculpture, the head broke off during the mold breaking process, as did the arms, I actually used plaster to reattach the head, but I broke it off again by accident, I guess it was meant to be. The arms broke off also during the destruction of the mold. The pouring of the plaster, breaking of the mold, and reconstruction of the sculpture was all worth it in the end. In the class we also did portrait sculptures the second one I did turned out awesome. It wasn't fired in time so I'm hoping I'm able to retrieve it this summer. this is a plasture sculpture, the finish is a wood stain, came out really good. Ok enough talk, now to show

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

• Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast