Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: +more work+ s 8/22

Thanks
    really nice and useful anatomy studies, keep on drawing!
    really liked the sof pencil rendering in the other pages, and the monster studies, great stuff

keep on posting!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    arya:Thanks,

stine:Thanks man, you just have to make yourself do them. I'm getting much faster with each page. yeah me as Ashrumm are twin brothers, and yeah we both go to the same school.

Fellah: Thanks man, your skills are amazing, thanks for inspiring me, and thanks for stopping in.

Chisa: Thanks sketch buddy , I wish they were from my imagination. Most of these are from various works from other illustrators and concept artist. to me its gets a little bit old drawing the same anatomy hands over and over again in the same boring poses. They're much more dynamic when I draw from other artist. I'm slowly getting the hang of them.

Ashrumm: yeah yeah, you do your knee studies punk8)

theGnoll: Thanks man,

Thanks for viewing everyone, and now for the update, more hand studies, but I mixed it up a little bit some from life (my own hands) and others from other people sketches.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Here is a portrait of a girl I really I like, I drew it from a photo she emailed me. I spent about and 1 and 30 mins on it. Its been awhile since I've drawn a portrait, but I think it turned out ok. let me know what you think

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 625 Posts
damn nice sketchbook Darktwin, the portraits is also
very nice, your skills with the pencil is just amazing!

Thanks
    Woah your hand-studies are superb man! Remind me of an old masters work. And the poses you throw down in 5 minutes are delicious!

About the portrait, well it's visible that you spend so much time and concentration on it. Your rendering is very profound. Although you decide for one piece of the image some kind of hatching style and for another you use the side of your pencil.
    Since you have a crush on her, it may sound rude what I say but her facial structure is very awkward from that position. Especially the side which is away from the viewer. Especially her (read "her") left eye is in an impossible position. It's hard to tell though how much the proportions are off since I can't see the ref. I made the experience with portraits, that when the structure isn't very tight in the first place, you can apply as much rendering as you want. The portrait won't look better afterwards. I'm sorry.

Thanks
    What's up man. Thought I'd drop in and see what was going on. Nice to see some life studies are happinging here. They say if you can draw hands and faces well, you can draw anything well... keep at it! That's cool that you are using a pen to force more decisiveness into your work, that is a good strategy. Death to hairy lines! A couple of suggestions: think about the structure in your hand and face studies, I feel like a lot of those hand drawings are getting a little vauge in showing the viewer what the underlying structure is. Really try to break it down in your head what the volumes are, and make it clear in your drawings. The veiwer should NEVER have to guess how something works, it's your job to tell them.
    That portrait of the girl your like... Okay, now I don't know what she actually looks like, but a few things just look a little off... the placement of the eyes looks wrong, too high on the face, and the left eye is too high. Think about a grid on the face: the mouth, nose, and eyeline should all be lined up horizontally. If these features are off, even a little bit, people notice something is wrong, even if they can't identify the problem, since we are all naturally hyper critical of faces, particularly human faces. Also, the lips could use a little more volume. It doesn't look like the upper lip is really overlapping the lower lip, so it's flattening out a little bit. One other thing, the glove value and the bg value are competing for the viewers attention. Make the focus one thing or the other, but not both.
    Don't feel like I'm ragging on you too bad, hope this helps

Till next update-John

Thanks
    Huh, see, I need to get pretty girls emailing me reference shots. Then I'll get a gold plated toilet and I'll be set for life. Nice rendering in the portrait, good use of hatching, it's easy to get carried away with that kinda stuff, nice job. The placement of the eyes feels a tad off, check out the ref one more time. Good lookin hand, good lookin hands on this page in general.

Thanks
    Dile:Thanks man, just trying to improve, gotta keep at it to get better.

John T: Thanks for taking the time and giving me some quality c and c, very much appreciated man. Everything you said is right on, I'll watch for these things when doing the next one. I emailed her the image and she said a lot of the same things you did in your critique. about the hands, yeah I really was trying to capture the gesture of the hands in a short amount of time.

Faust: Thanks for stopping in Faust, and thanks for the crits.

Andy P: Haha, yeah she's cool like that I'm going to have her email me more images of her to draw from. It makes me work that much harder to capture some of her essense. Thanks for stopping in man, very much appreciated.

here is a little update, just a rendered version of one of the demons I drew (on the second page). Its ok, somewhat pleased with it. check it out.

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 625 Posts
  • Nice rendering Darktwin, try to do something, that isnt is related to Demons also
    but good work on the last one, although I love your avatar 50% more

Thanks
    Nah, demons are cool man! Keep rocking

Somehow I feel uncomfortable with your rendering, tho. Seems very messy to me, but that's just me.

Thanks
    I love the motion/movement that you express in your peices, some beautiful work.
    ~"With a little hope, and alot of try, anything is possible."~
    ~"The harder You work, the better life gets."~
    ~"The pain doesn't last, but the gain will last forever."~
    ~"Fear is my courage." ~Mr_S_14

Thanks
    Dile: Thanks Dile, well then, this next post is for you

Faust:Thanks, yeah my demon rendering has been a little messy, for the next one I render I'll see if I can keep it a little clearer.

Mr_S_14:thanks man, I'm really trying to capture movement and not just static or stiff gestures, thanks for stopping in man.

Well these next 3 pages are female anatomy and structure studies I did a little yesterday and mostly today. The last 2 pages are quick gestures, I was trying work on form and movement, together and a little seperate I guess. The first 3 pages I worked from my head and also I used a lot of my crappy gestures from life to study from and somehow make improvements on them. The last 2 pages are quick gesture exercises to capture interesting poses and form, all done on tone paper. Thanks for viewing

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Hey ,those invented figures are very nice.I notice that almost all of them are in back view or in profile.I don't know whether it is intentionally but decided to mention it.I think you may try to vary your line weight with which I am struggling at the moment.And keep posting as you do recently

M.

• Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast