Sketchbook: +more work+ s 8/22

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

+more work+ s 8/22

Hello everyone and thanks for viewing my sketchbook and first time posting my own thread on ConceptArt.org, please feel free to critique my work, because I know I need it. My drawings are from a new sketchbook and its been awhile, so its about time I stay consistent with drawing to increase my skill level. I'm a history nut so some of I get a lot of my inspiration from historical events such as WWII to the Mongol Steppe of Ghengis Khan, etc Right now everything is pencil (mechanical mostly) and paper but am saving up for the intuos 3. Thanks again for viewing and there will be much much more to come.

NEW STUFF Towards the back of the BOok

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Darktwin; August 23rd, 2009 at 10:43 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey nice work! You're really good - the only crit i have is in the 'hitler youth' and 'Amongst Chaos' the folds in the clothes look a bit random and just dont look quite right. Other then that these pictures are great! Keep drawing and post some more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

yeah, I get carried away

I completely agree with you flippinmental, originally I was trying to make the clothing to big for them thinking the german uniforms weren't really made to fit 13-15 year olds, so I got carried away witht the wrinkles in the clothing and went with it. I'll have more concepts like those in the future and I'll be sure to tone it down abit .

Thanks for the crit, very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

more stuff

here are some more sketches, a few quick hand studies from life and other concepts

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Mongol general
    +more work+  s  8/22

Twin State Alchemist
    +more work+  s  8/22

Last edited by Darktwin; May 23rd, 2005 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man you're drawings are awesome I too agree with excessive rinkles in the kids clothing other than that. Your sketch book right now is pretty good quality keep up the good work!

Nice hand studies way to capture the rinkles and folds of skin in the hands

My only problem with the alchemist painting are the black eyes other than that I enjoy the composition very much

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the Khan. Very nice custome.
    The hand studies are nice, keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

thanks for the crits

ashrumm: thanks for the crits, yeah the eyes are black due to the constant erasing and trying to the pupil right so eventually I got tired and decided to fill them in. Thats the problem I have sometimes when drawing small is getting the eyes the way I want them. some of my friends I've showed them to like the black eyes cause it creates a sort of deviousness within the character
    hehe.

look: Thanks for the crit, and I really enjoy your work, amazing brush work, concepts designs that are really inspiring.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

portrait of my crush, 4/16

ok here is an update, these are some portrait sketches I did not to long ago again with mechanical pencils, just thought i'd add them for all to see. I hope you enjoy and again thanks everyone for viewing and please fill free to crit my work.

noblewomen
    +more work+  s  8/22

princess, (rushed clothing on this one)
    +more work+  s  8/22

Monk
    +more work+  s  8/22

Far East Queen
    +more work+  s  8/22

Last edited by Darktwin; April 16th, 2006 at 04:15 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello! Nice work. I'm really diggin' the shading.

Of course, what the others have already said, I won't repeat. The only other thing is proportion. The hands rock. I really, really, really think you have something going with the Monk, you should play with that one a little bit and see where he takes you! I like the collar on the queen/ the flaps look good. Can't wait to see more!!

Cobi

"If you're nose deep in sh*t, keep your mouth closed."-Henry Fonda

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

quick back and side studies

Ok I'm back with a little update, I have some back studies sketches. I'm just trying to familiarize myself with all the regions of the body instead of drawing from the front. The sketches themselves are from my head and what I couldn't remember I referenced from my anatomy books. The heads in these studies I didn't really focus on as you can see. Please crit away on anything ,always looking to improve. Will have more side studies in the next batch.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah you're getting there keep working, next lets see some more dynamic poses try expressing a little motion. I am currently struggling with this, so lets see if you're up for the challenge. .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 469 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nice studies!

my suggestion would be to take your time and try to think "why" and "how" things look like they do...and how you can put it on paper...

keep on fighting!!

ill drop by again!

cheers !

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

thanks for viewing

look: Yeah I like that drawing also, I was really inspired by it after reading the history book "Ghengis khan and the mongels" something like that, thanks for stopping by

Cobi: thanks, yeah proportion the mountain I'm trying to climb, I'll get there though, thanks I'm glad you like my hands, I'll do some more of them.

Ashrumm:I sure am up for the challenge, I do like yourself am really trying to get the anatomy right, so I can better express dynamic poses realisitcally. I'll be sure to post some more dynamic poses after I complete more back studies and profile studies.

Hurricane: Thanks for the advice, those are really key questions I really need to ask myself. I believe every artist should ask themselves. I'm really studying my anatomy books really trying to understand shape relation and muscle structure and I'll be sure to post some longer studies of the figure, thanks for stopping by.
    Your work is really inspiring.

Thanks everyone for stopping by, more work soon to come.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

profile studies

Ok here is a little update on the human anatomy, I'm really trying to mentally understand the anatomy and I've started with these profile sketches of the male anatomy. I spent a little time studying anatomy profile and begin drawing. as I progressed i used less and less references. (Didn't copy from book) The poses are from my head and I used profile references to help my understanding of the profile view. Just from drawing these sketches I've gained more understanding of the torso and how its relative to other parts of the body. More to come in the mean time, thanks for viewing and please fill free to crit.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

another one

Here is a small update on the human anatomy, roughed it out last night and played with it a little today, no reference but from my other drawings.
    please feel free to crit.

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

nice

Your most recent anatomy sketches are very consistent and pretty accurate, Wow my only suggestion now is to try and do something with a little more value. Keep on pumping them out!

Where the knee meets the quad is a bit puffy. keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The anatomy sketched are great, they have accurate proportions and correct forms. My only complain is the cross hatching. It doesn't have alot of value to it. Ever tried shading with the side of the pencil? If not then you might want to try it. Keep up the dedication =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks for stoppin in guys

Ashrumm: Thanks for the crit, yeah I'm really studying the anatomy a lot and I will be moving to other regions of the body, to other areas of the body I'm not really comfortable with. I feel like a machine right now constantly drawing and trying to better understand the human anatomy . Yeah I will work more with volume in the near future. I also agree that its a good not to get caught up doing the same techinques over and over. thanks for the advice.

Dan1989: Thanks for the crit, yeah right now I'm working solely with mechanical pencils. I'm going to head to the Hobby Lobby and pick up some conte crayon to better get volume rather than cross hatching all the time. I really love hatching, as you can tell from the work above, but I really can't forget about value and lighting either. I'll definitly mix it up here with some sketches or studies to come, thanks for the advice. Thanks for stopping by, I'll be sure to check out your stuff also.

I'm also going to work with more gesture to draw dynamic poses more loosely
    more to come, thanks for posting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

can't get enough of the anatomy

I'm am back with a few more sketches of the anatomy, again with no references, trying to train my mind to understand the way the body flows, I'm definitly going to be a little more fluid with my next dynamic studies of the body, using my gesture to capture the form first.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

more anatomy to come

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is a sketch I just finished wipping up, more to come soon. Please feel free to critique my stuff, its the only way I'll get better.

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there, long time no talk to. Your sketches are progressing nicely. I can't crit you stuff too much. I'm no pro myself. But on the last sketch.... The profile of the face looks too long. It's like the eyes are set too far back. I know because if I do the same thing. Thats why I tend not to show off much of my work with profiles. But it's a great piece. Good job on the hair. Keep posting. Later

!darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice studies and its good to see you do them. I always say I'll do studies and I never do it haha. I think drawing from life helps too.

]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Mo sketches

Darkchild: I agree with you on the profile, it is a bit long, I tend to not push the forhead back until the drawing is far to gone to change it. This is how we learn, thanks for the crit and for stopping by.

ann: Yeah I've been doing a lot of studies lately, or at least trying to, yeah drawing from life is probably the best way to capture form and pretty much anything to grasp the conceptual idea. Thanks for stopping in

Ok now for some updating, its been a little while, trying to find a time to upload stuff. Started a new job for the summer, doing an ok job of time management, between reading, drawing, entertainment, etc. Once I get use to the routine, I'll be ok. Now for the posting. What I'm really trying to focus on is form and not so much the detai in these really gestural sketches. Let me know what you think. There will be more variety in my drawings to come, just really focusing on form, might be the most exciting thing to view, but I really need it.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone thought I'd post a some more studies I've been working on. I just can't get enough of the anatomy lately.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these are nice. im loving the portrait drawings! keep the pieces comin!

my only crit is that the figures can use a little more gesture. some bones would be nice as well~ helps mucho!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry guys its been awhile sense I've posted, Started a new summer job and I burned my drawing index finger pretty bad so it was a pain for me to do anything, but all is well now and I'm back to the drawing board.

Hey Kevin, thanks for your crit, yeah, thats my next step in understanding the anatomy, knowing where the bones are, or at least implementing them into my work would really help also.

These next pieces are themed boy soldiers during the second world war as hitler youth. I really worked on putting feeling and emotion into the eyes of these young warriors robbed of their childhood at the expense of a madman. I really have a lot of ideas along this theme, so more to come. Crits are welcomed, and thanks again for viewing. These are 2 of the 5 characters I'm creating, the others will be here shortly.

+more work+  s  8/22

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

the leader of the squad

Here is another one of the characters of the squad I'm creating, two more portraits to go and I'll do a nice group pic.
    , I drew this one to be the leader of the squad, but we'll see how the other two turn out. When there all done I'll come up with names.
    crits are welcomed

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is another one of the boy soldiers, one more portrait to go and I'm on to the visual story and other things.

+more work+  s  8/22

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    After viewing your work your gestures are awesome I really like your portraits of the hitler youth although the last one looks like a older but your shading is really nice. I'd like to see more gestures. Great job keep up the good work man i really like what i'm seeing. One other thing your heads seem to be a bit too large you probably going to want to do some skull studies so you can get a more accurate reading of the skull. Keep on posting man your work has improved.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Welcome to the Asylum!!

I am terrified of normal people ~~~~ Brown shirts are very nice ~~~~ work on creating focal points +++ they probably should be the eyes """" direct your viewer there!

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.