Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I'll see you tomorrow Joe ^__^ I'm bringing a toned sketchbook this time and some conte crayons, to mix things up a bit. wanna meet arouond 10:30-ish, out front?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    oooohh man, 10:30 hurts to think about. Well, actually, it's the getting up at 8:45 on my end to get out there by 10:30. Can we do 11:30, in front of the museum?

Thanks

Thanks
    haha, well, you can always show up at 10:30 and just doodle, and then come out and meet me at 11:30 or I could just meet you upstairs

either way, tommorrow it is!

anyone else, you know where you find us.

Thanks
    *groooooooooooooooooooooooan*

I have to be in NYC on the weekend of the 22. Would everyone be cool if I bumped the Salem trip to the 29th? We'll have to deal with more crowds for sure, but it's better than not going at all... Otherwise, we could save a Salem trip for the first weekend in November and do the museums, I just do'nt know what the weather would hold.

Speak up, guys! Joe could you forward this to the CGchat and Polycount boards?

-Steph

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by willow-whisp
    *groooooooooooooooooooooooan*

I have to be in NYC on the weekend of the 22. Would everyone be cool if I bumped the Salem trip to the 29th? We'll have to deal with more crowds for sure, but it's better than not going at all... Otherwise, we could save a Salem trip for the first weekend in November and do the museums, I just do'nt know what the weather would hold.

Speak up, guys! Joe could you forward this to the CGchat and Polycount boards?

-Steph
    Heh... I was just stopping in here to post that I won't be able to make the 22nd. I've got a medical procedure that friday and will need saturday and sunday to recover most likely.

BUT the 29th is chancey for me too, there's a pretty major deadline that weekend for us at work, and there's a good chance I'll still be recovering healthwise.

Thanks
    Hey guys, just wanna let you know I'm in the area as well. I would love to just get out in the city and sketch, I can only accomplish so much in a dorm room Does anyone know how we could find more people from all the surrounding colleges? I'll try facebook.There's gotta be others, there's over a quarter-million students here...

~ Stephen

Thanks
    I just got to Allston. Boston is collegiest college town I have ever seen. I am coming from Dallas and we managed to get a weekly sketch group meeting up and running - it wasn't too hard there are a lot of game companies in the area, and Paul (Bird) had so much pull, people would show just to say they had breathed his old used air. And Dallas has got, if nothing else, the hugest Half Price Bookstore ever, and they let us use the rec room.

Anyway - I am sad to be missing Sketchgroup and have some hopes of meeting the Boston area sketchers. Reply or message me - I am willing to come out to draw with the teensiest of groups.

Thanks
    dark and wetter, welcome to the area! We've got a semi-regular group going here and you guys are both welcome to join in!

We've had crowds ranging from 3 to 17 people... depending on what we do.
    Here's the skinny on the group:

-There's a draw-in-salem event going on NEXT weekend. Yeah, the witch-legend town salem.. they have a big halloween thing going on i think.. Read up a little above to willow's post and shoot her a PM for details and stuff.

-Lately we've been meeting at the Harvard Museum of Natural History to draw their awesome collection of... stuff. It's awesome, with a group or on your own... and free on sunday mornings.

-Every once and while I open up my apartment to modeldrawing sessions, but we can only really fit 10 or so people in there. Also, due to crazy schedule conflicts both on my end and on Jax-the-model's end, we won't be able to get the drawing sessions rocking again till early November.

-Also, I'm checking out the Armory Museum in Worchester sometime in the next couple of weeks. It's a bit out of the way, but might make a fun daytrip-carpooling event locale in the future

-one of these days we're actually going to MAKE it to the aquarium to draw too..

Hey wetter, you used to draw with the Dallas group? That's a pretty legendary group.. thebirds got quite the reputation. Dunno if you ever met Bobo, but he's up here now too, working at IL. I think he was one of the starting guys of that group. What brings you to this part of the country?

Thanks
    Wow, my subscriptions here aren't working at all... yet I STILL get reminded of every post to the "What do you look like?" thread...

ANYWAY. I might be screwed pretty hard on the 29th. Sorta. Really, I'll have to leave around 4:00 or so because I have a party in RI that I committed to like... months ago. Honest. I swear. But it's cool, I can show you guys around and just duck out early.

Also! My contract ended at the studio, so I have a couple months of free time ahead of me... or at least a couple of weeks before freelance picks up again. This means I'll be more likely to hit up the museum every Sunday, so if you've been going every week Joe, you will have company now.

Also! A lot of my co-workers want to draw Jax (especially after seeing her profile on myspace. Oy.) Still, they're all good people, would you be up to set a modelling date in a couple of weeks (depending how you feel, of course)?

And I hope all is well with your surgery dear, if there's anything I can do for you, let me know. I make a pretty mean chicken soup.

-Steph

Thanks
    Hey there steph, I want to try and get the jax-sessions going again in november.. she's had a lot of dance rehearsal stuff lately, and my own health junk has made october a bit of a pain.

It looks like she may NOT be moving to NY, so we may not be out a model! I'll talk to her later this week and see what she thinks about something in the first week or two of november.

Thanks
    you gotta give Noah credit for treking all the way up to Boston with the Philly Crew. He organizes these guys and head out all over the North East. Been to NYC a few times to join my group. One of these days we all have to organize ourselves and come meet him in Philly.

Thanks
    thats a good idea amishcommy!

how are things going over with the NYC group?

Thanks
    HEY! Everyone still around. Model drawing at my place on MONDAY, November 7th!

7:30 PM, 10 bucks. Jax is the model, like usual. 3 hours of mixed poses, like usual. The more the merrier!!

PM me with details if you're interested guys!!!!!

Thanks
    OH! I LIED!! I mean MONDAY NOVEMBER 14th! SAme bat channel and time though, just on November 14th.

email/PM me if you need details..

Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast