Sketchbook: !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

!Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

Hi hope everyone is doing well. Welcome to my humble Sketchbook. I hope you will take the time to peruse and leave me a crit or two. If not thanks for looking and hope you return when I posts updates. I'm by no means anywhere near professional but I love art. The human form has mainly been my focus. So please crit away.

These are some of my artwork from Photoshop. I'll be posting more pics as I get more scanned. Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking. I apologize if the pics are too big. I have been experimenting on the sizes of them but I still can't get it figured out yet

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

... here are some autoart....

Last edited by darkchild; November 8th, 2011 at 12:59 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Darkchild,

Welcome to the forums.

I really like the elf with the bow and arrow. Nice job. Did you ink the drawings before using photoshop? If you do, I think they will come out much cleaner. I really like them though. You may want to do some studies on landscapes as well (not that I am that good). The mountains in particular, but they do have a nice feel of being further away which I like. Otherwise, nice stuff.

Yeah, as far as the size, you may want to crop them a little bit, though the top one seems a little too small. Keep working on it. I will keep checking out your stuff.

Later,

Keep posting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comment Masayasu. I'm still experimenting on what works for me. Here's some more recent art....

(top) This was my version of Link for a friend of mine's son.

(top)I know, I know.... too much artwork dedicated to cars. I'm attracted to cars. Love the way they look and sound. But I'm as soon as I get some more sketches scanned in I'll have some more pencil art coming....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And a dark child rises from the ashes and it brought a dark seed with it because it used photoshop Filters Just joking but i think the filters are just destroiing art (exception is maybe Photomanipulation but you don`t do that right ?)

Hmmm the cars are nice but they look a bit pixelated and somehow puzzled together.

The pic with the female Archer is my favourite

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, here are some earlier stuff before I really got into Photoshop. Let me know if the quality is bad. I'll redo them.

Some of these have been inspired by models in magazines. I try to put my own twist to them.

The Angel in the Springs was a very early sketch done several years ago.

Enjoy. Let me know what your thoughts are.

Last edited by darkchild; May 28th, 2005 at 04:36 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Looks good

I am liking the pencil sketches, and not because they are of females... they look very good. Good luck with your Photoshop skills, I am looking forward to seeing what else you have in store.

QTF IMI.... It's a MI thing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Darkchild.

I would say start doing the pencil sketches again. They look good. Keep posting buddy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks ulvdemon for the kind words. I'll be posting some more stuff soon, just check back (or subscribe).

Masayasu: No problem I'll be posting up more pencil art soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No more Photoshop please show us pencilsketches - looks good also because its women

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, no more photoshop. Don't worry more pencils to come...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, your pencil sketches are very cool. Gotta agree with Fellah, post up more babes.
    Some of your pencils are hard to read. In PS if you go to image : adjustments : auto levels.. you'll be able to make the images darker. You can also then take it into brightness / contrast and make it nice.
    Cheers,
    T.

p.s. MORE BABES !!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

More Pencil Sketches

Ok... more pencil sketches you want more you shall receive. These are all older pieces. I'm working on another pencil sketch right now. I'll be posting here soon again. I hope you like these. I have made them darker in Photoshop. I don't really like the way they came out (the originals of course looked better) but it will be easier to see on your screen. Later

(top) This was too big to scan. I just snapped a photo of it.

As always let me know what you think.

Last edited by darkchild; May 28th, 2005 at 04:37 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi man.
    Nice update with the pencilssketches
    Often scanning messes them up - happens to me also - good idea to give them a touchup in PS. The originals allways look better, scaninng and jpg will always kill them a bit, but some practice and you can get pretty close. With the first one i would remove the black shadow in the corner - takes the eyes away from the girl.
    The drawings look fine dude. I like them. The thick black outline works well on them - maybe because of the light shading you use. You got the anatomy down pretty solid on these (the second girl has too small feet, which makes her head seem very big, but its small time stuff). You have a good understanding of making the female form sexy - and that is good
    My advice would be to work more on the faces - draw a 100 of them or so and use tons of refs. Strukture, lightning etc. Yours seem a bit underworked at the moment. Something you just want to get over with. The mouth, eyes and nose dosnt follow the same lines - the libs seem a bit pasted on - use more light and shadow to melt it into the rest of the face.
    Long comment it looks good and you got the talent. But like all of us, just draw draw draw

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fellah: Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to keep my proportions correct now. Those were older pieces. Let me know what you think of the following.

Alright, here are two sketches fresh off the page. Just finished them tonite. I tried to get the brightness and contrast adjusted for better viewing. As always let me know your thoughts. Your feedback is appreciated and will help improve my abilities. Later...

I love any sketches with heavy darks and contrasting lights. ...of course I couldn't resist but to sketch the pattern shown on the 2nd piece. I found the outfit on the net and had to put my own spin on it.

Alright thats it for now. I'll be posting soon again if everyone wants to see more. I'll be trying to get back into sketching daily like I use to in school instead of paying attention. Later

Last edited by darkchild; May 28th, 2005 at 04:38 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this threads gettin a lil trashy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HI man.
    Those are looking really nice. Great light on the first and the body on the second is very sweet. The pattern on the outfit is very well done! I like slight hint of a fleshtone too. One crit(sorry ) mind the head strukture a tad more. One the first one her nose is a bit too long and the libs are kinda pointy.
    The second one has (to me) a too big head, a bit long neck and a slightly flat nose - maybe use some of the fleshtones from the neck on her face to make it more roundshapen. The ear looks slighty small, even tho is behind the rest.
    The eyes looks nice. And again the use of skintoned shading is nicely done dude! This is just me being a nerd and giving some of the same advice i got. Just so tell me stfu if you get sick of me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey dude.
    really like the last drawing; the pattern on it is very intricately detailed and shows off her form well...all except for the right part of her torso. you didn't follow the contour of her chest and it makes her one breast seem flat. yeah, its a hard thing in shading/styling, but it makes the picture look that much more believeable (sp?). good stuff you got here. only other crit is that your faces usually look kinda flat. work on bringing out the forms of the faces more. aight dude, g'luck drawing!

-A

more than (but i'm getting there)

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos
    Boston Sketchgroup <= Info in post 570
    Monday Nighters: Jushra|Vorp|PartialArtist

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fellah: Thanks for the crit. No I'm not sick of you. I appreciate all constructive crits. I'll be posting more in the next few days, and I'll be working on the faces and lips.

Purb36: Yeah your right I need to get more into those faces. No problem I'll work on that next.

Jesus Food: If you don't like this thread, you can f- off.

Well thats it for now. I'm already working on another piece, you feedback will go into the next piece. Later

!darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Darkchild i'm gonna have to agree with everyone else your sketches are awesome i see you love your women and there's nothing wrong with that. I really enjoy the contrast with the lights and darks man way to go keep up the good work man. And the pattern on the second from the last one with the pose is awesome great job keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with the rest. Pencils are much stronger than the digital stuff. As far as the posting of mostly chick pics, I can't get enough. Even though the intellectual part of me tries to expand the realm of subject matter...

As a crit, some of the silouette line weights on the last few are overly heavy. Was there a reason for that?

Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ashrumm: Thank you for the kind words. And yes I do love the women. But if any of you are getting bored of looking at this stuff let me know, I'll start posting other stuff.

hylandr2: Thanks for the great comment. Always appreciated. I used a darker line for the outline of the few pieces because I thought I would do something different. I was trying to draw your eyes towards the shape of the figure.

Thanks to all who commented. Ok here are 2 new sketches done. I hope you will take a peek and leave me a comment. I'll try to get away from the pinup stuff and start getting some more "concept art" on this site. I just enjoy drawing like this too much. But I gotta expand. If I can dig up some of my earlier works (like when I was in high school) I'll put some up.

I'm not happy with the first one, but I posted it to see if everyone thought my way of sketching faces has improved. Fellah if you see this let me know how the lips are. ...same with the 2nd, I tried to render the face slightly differently than the earlier sketches. I hope I'm improving. I'll be sketching again. Later

Last edited by darkchild; May 28th, 2005 at 04:40 AM.
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man your getting much much better, your last two sketches are really good top to bottom. You have a really nice graceful technique with your shading and I like it. And from reading Fellah said, the lips look really good, great improvement on these.

Keep up the good work man, I'm really liking your sketches. Next I would try drawing women from different regions of the world, like asian, to european, etc, that would be a cool challenge to develope a mental library for different faces.

Keep up the good work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Darkchild,
    These last two are really nice. I have a comment on the lips of the second one. I learned this myself from drawing lots and lots of only lips. I actually scupted a pair out of my gummi eraser...

As the head turns, the side of the lips turning away from you get smaller and smaller until the corner of the mouthis out of view and all that is left is the curve of the lips. For the top lip, draw an upper case M. Now keep the feet of the M in place but slide the top to the left or right. Draw up a couple of pages of studies of them and it will become simple.

And definitely don't stop drawing the women...

Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awsome pictures buddy. I know you like to do your own creative spin on the face, but it would be cool to see you do something from life. I have recently started this process myself. Nice improvement. Keep drawing.

If you want some good references go to www.saveloomis.com. Great e-books. Also, check out John Singer Sargent's portrait drawings from doverbooks. Great stuff.

Take it easy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, I found myself getting tingly!!

jk

There's nothing more beautiful than a woman's body and you make them look soooooooo good.

Hey, one of them gals has an inverted nipple!!!! hehehe

Keep drawing!! Can't wait to see more! Hey, why don't you try one of those girls in PS? I liked your PS pics, the colors were nice!

Ciao

Cobi

"If you're nose deep in sh*t, keep your mouth closed."-Henry Fonda

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ee!

And by the way, the Camaro w/ blower ROCKS MY SOCKS!!! yeah, um, judging the sloped hood what is that a 68? grrr!!!!

My 85 K5 blazer & 70 nova sound like grizzly bears, uh huh. *squirt!*

Cobi

"If you're nose deep in sh*t, keep your mouth closed."-Henry Fonda

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hi

I like them drawings but sometimes I think you work harder with them bodies then the heads. mmm bodies...
    I would like to se one were you losen up alittle maby doesent overwork them...
    Good job by the way!

Do you work with photo reference?

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo Dark, me again.
    Stuff is looking good, i see clear progress here man. Dont stop drawing these girsl yet please They are nice to look at. My advice is get them down solid, hehe then move to other stuff.
    I like the style you used on the two last with the shading and the thin lines, looks nice. The anatomy is getting closer and way better its cool to see - the faces still need some work but not much really. I think your problem might be the noses? I tried to fix one of them on your drawing, done with my mouse so its a bit crabby, just removed a line and some of the shadow really, small time(just tell me to remove it if you mind it)

make those noses go up in the sky when you point them down they seem a bit long. Her arms are a bit long too and the other girls hand is big dude big
    The lightning on both is very nice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry everyone. I'll try to respond quicker. I'm always working.

Darktwin: Thanks for the comment. I'll will get some more women up from different parts of the world. I'm working on one right now. As soon as I finish (and get some time away from work) I'll be posting.

hylandr2: Thanks for writing. I did notice a piece with nothing but lips on it. Great advice, I'm still evolving my technique, your comment will be put to great use. Thanks.

Masayasu: Hey, I know I draw too much of the same stuff all the time. But you know me. I love the female human body. I will start drawing some other stuff like I use to in high school. Remember the mechs and stuff?

Cobi: Thanks for the kind words. You are sooooo right, nothing more beautiful than the female body, which is why I keep coming back to it and try to get the shape perfect. The problem with PS is that I'm not any good at it. I try to shade and color but you have seen some of my previous work. When I color in the program it seems like it's too artificial. I love rendering cars on it. But if you want to see more, I'll see what I can do. And you're right, that is a 68' Camaro, unfortunately it's not mine Oh and the inverted nipple, I think she was born with it

B-Man: I try to give each part of the body the same treatment. But you're right, I do work on the bodies more. But I'm still learning, I'll get a decent sketch where all parts of the body are worked on equally. And to your comment of "loosen" up a bit? Are you referring to the poses, or my sketching? I work with photo references sometimes. But because I've been focused sketching the same stuff all the time it's been embedded into my mind. But I when I surf the net or browse a magazine I'll always look out for a great pose or great clothing (or lack of) that just stands out. I'll clip it or copy it for future sketching.

Fellah: Nice to hear from you again. I don't mind if you put your thoughts in, thats why I'm here in the first place. What doesn't kill me can only make me stronger right? Starting the curve higher does make the nose seem shorter. Also softens up here face some as well. Thanks for the tip.

OK, as always I'll be posting again soon. But my work schedule is killing me. To all that wrote me from the last post I'll be keeping your comments in my head while I sketch. I'll post some more women because the public demands it and get some more varied pieces up here. Thanks to everyone who took the time to look and comment. Please check back often.

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hello again.

Working with photo referense on layout and angels are great, and of course it gets mixed with your own style. What I ment with losen up i ment your sketching. You could maby try to clean up your lines and maby even skip some of the shading and concentrate on the contrast more. Less grey

I think you got great skills with bodies but about 70% of the feelings I get out of a character drawing is from the face and expression. So ceep on drawing and consentrate on t he overall picture, like you have been doing, and it will come with time!

I like your thread! so I'll be back...
    See you!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3