Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

!Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

Hi hope everyone is doing well. Welcome to my humble Sketchbook. I hope you will take the time to peruse and leave me a crit or two. If not thanks for looking and hope you return when I posts updates. I'm by no means anywhere near professional but I love art. The human form has mainly been my focus. So please crit away.

These are some of my artwork from Photoshop. I'll be posting more pics as I get more scanned. Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking. I apologize if the pics are too big. I have been experimenting on the sizes of them but I still can't get it figured out yet

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

... here are some autoart....

Last edited by darkchild; November 8th, 2011 at 12:59 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Darkchild,

Welcome to the forums.

I really like the elf with the bow and arrow. Nice job. Did you ink the drawings before using photoshop? If you do, I think they will come out much cleaner. I really like them though. You may want to do some studies on landscapes as well (not that I am that good). The mountains in particular, but they do have a nice feel of being further away which I like. Otherwise, nice stuff.

Yeah, as far as the size, you may want to crop them a little bit, though the top one seems a little too small. Keep working on it. I will keep checking out your stuff.

Later,

Keep posting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comment Masayasu. I'm still experimenting on what works for me. Here's some more recent art....

(top) This was my version of Link for a friend of mine's son.

(top)I know, I know.... too much artwork dedicated to cars. I'm attracted to cars. Love the way they look and sound. But I'm as soon as I get some more sketches scanned in I'll have some more pencil art coming....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And a dark child rises from the ashes and it brought a dark seed with it because it used photoshop Filters Just joking but i think the filters are just destroiing art (exception is maybe Photomanipulation but you don`t do that right ?)

Hmmm the cars are nice but they look a bit pixelated and somehow puzzled together.

The pic with the female Archer is my favourite

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, here are some earlier stuff before I really got into Photoshop. Let me know if the quality is bad. I'll redo them.

Some of these have been inspired by models in magazines. I try to put my own twist to them.

The Angel in the Springs was a very early sketch done several years ago.

Enjoy. Let me know what your thoughts are.

Last edited by darkchild; May 28th, 2005 at 04:36 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Looks good

I am liking the pencil sketches, and not because they are of females... they look very good. Good luck with your Photoshop skills, I am looking forward to seeing what else you have in store.

QTF IMI.... It's a MI thing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Faust: Hey there. Thanks for coming back. Looks like you're the only one so far to crit the last piece. Yeah, I already knew what you were gonna say. I still have not mastered much in the ways of sketching a profile. But always learning. And the spine thing.... she's a mechanoid, she's allowed to bend in unatural positions Don't worry about criticizing too much. Thats why I'm posting here, I want to better myself on sketching. Hope to hear back from you on the next big piece. Later

Ok, well not many returned to crit on the last piece. I'm in the process of another pinup type sketch. But in the meantime I thought I would do something different and throw a few of unfinished stuff from my sketchbook. These are just small rough sketches that adorn the corners and random parts of my book. I chose a few that I liked and posted. Crits welcome, but these are just 5 minute sketches. I'll be posting soon again. Later

I liked this because it was so clean. Not much shading. Great pose. Its just so out of the ordinary for me to draw like this.

I like both these. The first has a bit of action in it and the second was a concept sketch for a bigger version, but I never found the time to redo this one. I have scanned it in pretty big for you all to look at. Anyways back to my sketching. Enjoy these for now...

!darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good thing drawing in ways you are not used to - getting out of the comfort zone is a good learning experience. Keep fighting dude!
    I dig the shooting scene man! And the smoking gun is nicely drawn too!
    Draw draw draw

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fellah: Thanks for the post. I've been checking up on your stuff. You have got some wild creativity going on. I've been trying to sketch smaller stuff. It's easier and I can turn them into larger drawings later. That girl with the smoking gun is only about 3inches tall on the paper.

Ok, here we go again. I hope some will return to crit the last few pieces. Again I have been "doodling" in my sketchbook. Most of the following sketches are between 2 to 4 inches in height. Just small drawings which I might eventually turn into more detailed stuff. But I thought you all might enjoy seeing this for a change as opposed to my pinups. I did sneak one pinup into this. I'm sure you can tell which one.

I like the one with the tattoo. Simple and clean. I've done a bunch of variations of that character in the past.

The first sketch looks like she's doing a breast exam (or for the more dirty minded, pinching her own nipple). The second was inspired by all the anime I've watched where the women are wearing impossibly short skirts that always flip up by the wind.

Ok... I'm sorry this piece turned out horrible from PS. I tried different variations in contrasts and levels. I finally had to settle for this. The problem is that the rendering is really light. The actual pic looks way better. But I will submit this for your crits. I did this with a photo reference. Now this is what I call a ghetto-booty....

Alright come and crit the hell out of these. I need those pointers and opinions. Otherwise I will never get to be a great artists like most of you. The first four were 5 minutes each. The last was about an hour. Til next time.

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

HunterKiller_ is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    *drool* I love your pencil sketches
    Your line work is great but i think you should work on the colouring.
    Becareful with the photoshop effects, i know it's easy to get carried away with, but they are not something to use frequently.
    And lastly, are you using your layers? I'm seeing alot of the gaps inbetween the lines and colour stuff going on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good work on the last drawing man!
    Not a lot to crit on that one - grrrrr - very nicely drawn body and arm - the arm is really good! The face is a big step up - it looks a bit flat still and yet it dosnt...? Nice!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok back again...

HunterKiiller: Hey thanks for checking out my humble sketches. I'm glad you like the women. Been drawing them for years. Just now getting better at them. Yeah my coloring sucks. I use filters only because I'm lazy and I blow through a drawing quick. I don't normally use layers on PS. But then again I haven't colored too many pics yet. I may post some PS work in here later. I'm having too much fun doing the pencils. Check back often. I'll have some new stuff up.

Fellah: ...you serious?... you mean I actually did a good job on my sketch. Awesome!! Beers all around (the good kind, not the watered down crap). You don't know what this means to me. Now there's too much pressure to deliver good sketches Thanks again!

Alright, well here's some more work. I got a little carried away this time trying my luck with some sort of background. I decided to experiment with the pencils a little more. I hope I did a good job of adjusting the levels on these. The first came out kinda light. Well without further delay on to the stuff....

Ok, I got a little more creative. I was messing around with the eraser. The other was a photo reference with some interesting shadows. I love shadows!! Had to break out the pencil and sketchbook for this one.

...and you know my day wouldn't be complete without one pinup sketch. The purpose of this was to experiment with water rendering. I hope I did a good job convincing everyone that there's an ocean behind her (what!!!?? there's an ocean??).

Well there you have it until next time. Come one come all, let me know how I did. Thanks for dropping by.

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff, you just getting better, and i see that you start to experiment some with backgrounds and other things, the bio stuff is nice, i really like the tattooed girl alot, you got it real nicelly done there, you still need to work more on the faces, but you're getting there, work work work, thats all thats needed =)

keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some really nice sketchin of women on here, keep it comin

GAGart[

Trifles go to make perfection, And perfection is no trifle.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53357

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey those dress designs are lokkin' pretty cool. Maybe you have a future in fashion design. Could happen.

Gilead Artist on Facebook and Twitter
    website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "You don't know what I had to do to get to where I am! The lies I've told, the lives I've ruined.... wait thats not helping me."
    -Ratchet (Greg Kinear, Robots)

Gibsini: Thanks for the props. Yeah I love my women!

Gilead: Thanks for stopping by. It's nice have your comments in my SB. I was never really good at fashion. But designing these characters has been a blast so far. Now if I can only get the women to wear my clothing line...

Here's my next assignment for the Chronicles of Dust. The human inhabitants of the world. They are suppose to be poor with ragged handmade clothing.

Last edited by darkchild; October 7th, 2005 at 05:35 AM.
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Back off! Back off! He's got his own dreams that won't come true.
    -Fender (Robin Williams, Robots)

More Concepts of character, Kain. These are very rough sketches:

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi dude - my turn to make dinner so ill be short hehe; looks good with those concepts! Keep up the hard work my friend!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i can definitely see that you have improved, your lines are much clearer, your painting have alot of depth than before, and your figures are much more better. But they all seem to be women/men, how about some landscapes or cars for example?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cars ... i like cars. nice work on the cars man. and i like the fact that yer showing us how u do stuff. thanx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey cool stuff. you got some good lines and a good imagination, but your porportions are a little off. i think you should draw more from life and pictures.

Anthony Camilo
    "Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" – Confucius

Sketch Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice knight firgures here( or whatever ). They have good shading but in the last post you posted, the second picture looks like he/she has got a too big of a but for her body...

Keep on Postin!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, your sketches are progressing nicely. You are starting to utilize darker values better than you have in the past. I am really impressed with the first grunt sketch. You are coming into your own here.

Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DC, I am going to comment on the design of "the commander" rather than the art itself. I am not sure of the history of this character and whether it is a creation of yours or of someone else. In any event, the have a humanoid character with such obvious vulnerabilities in the torso seems ill conceived. The spine and spinal column of a person is actually pretty well protected by the vertebrae as well as the fact that it is slightly recessed into the body, have those two muscles along the lumbar area to help shield it. Having it wide open with no protection is not a good idea for any purpose that I can think of.

Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hylandr2: Hey dude! Yeah the design is the request of the producer of the project. I totally agree with you on the vunerablilities of the character. But he wanted to have the midsection as either a spine or something dead and fleshy. You can see from the initial sketches of the commander that the direction was completely different from what I thought he wanted. To see the other concepts link yourself to the tgfx's website on the bottom of my postings.

Qxzi: Thanks for the props. Sketching those rides were fun. I'll have to do it again. Maybe get some other different cars up in here!!

Sorry, more from the COD project. Same character until it's finalized.

I new concept for the commander:

New concepts of the grunt:

Alright leave me your thoughts. I'll be back tomorrow with some more stuff.

Last edited by darkchild; October 24th, 2005 at 04:37 AM.
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wooooooohoooo!!!! nice work here darkchild, i love those cars !!! your improving so keep on postin !!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some cool stuff in here! Some of your images you anatomy and propotion seem to be lacking! So i dont pin point it to tired

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hm. I think it's nice, but you must work on details ;] But good works, keep it up, and upload more. Greetingz.

-- Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still. --
    -- My New Not So Sick but Yet Sick Sketchbook is here! --

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow the new character designs have a drastic improvment
    great stuff, keep em comming

Last edited by BAKI; October 25th, 2005 at 05:46 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man!

Nice to see that you've been active, cant say that for myself though, but i'll try to get better hehe.
    Anyway, nice to see some clean concept pieces, and some of the girls got wicked nice linework, if i was one of them colorist dudes i would take a shoot at one of them, but now we all know that im all bout b&w shading stuff hehe...
    The bodies are looking awesome, and you are progressing nicelly, both on female and male studies, them armors are wicked to!

keep up the great work man and i'll continue watching!

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3