Page 1 of 102 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    Thanks

!Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

Hi hope everyone is doing well. Welcome to my humble Sketchbook. I hope you will take the time to peruse and leave me a crit or two. If not thanks for looking and hope you return when I posts updates. I'm by no means anywhere near professional but I love art. The human form has mainly been my focus. So please crit away.

These are some of my artwork from Photoshop. I'll be posting more pics as I get more scanned. Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking. I apologize if the pics are too big. I have been experimenting on the sizes of them but I still can't get it figured out yet

[IMG]!Darkchild! - Back for a limited time[/IMG] [IMG]!Darkchild! - Back for a limited time[/IMG]

... here are some autoart....

Last edited by darkchild; November 8th, 2011 at 01:59 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hello Darkchild,

Welcome to the forums.

I really like the elf with the bow and arrow. Nice job. Did you ink the drawings before using photoshop? If you do, I think they will come out much cleaner. I really like them though. You may want to do some studies on landscapes as well (not that I am that good). The mountains in particular, but they do have a nice feel of being further away which I like. Otherwise, nice stuff.

Yeah, as far as the size, you may want to crop them a little bit, though the top one seems a little too small. Keep working on it. I will keep checking out your stuff.

Later,

Keep posting.

Thanks
    Thanks for the comment Masayasu. I'm still experimenting on what works for me. Here's some more recent art....

(top) This was my version of Link for a friend of mine's son.

(top)I know, I know.... too much artwork dedicated to cars. I'm attracted to cars. Love the way they look and sound. But I'm as soon as I get some more sketches scanned in I'll have some more pencil art coming....

Thanks
    And a dark child rises from the ashes and it brought a dark seed with it because it used photoshop Filters Just joking but i think the filters are just destroiing art (exception is maybe Photomanipulation but you don`t do that right ?)

Hmmm the cars are nice but they look a bit pixelated and somehow puzzled together.

The pic with the female Archer is my favourite
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    Ok, here are some earlier stuff before I really got into Photoshop. Let me know if the quality is bad. I'll redo them.

Some of these have been inspired by models in magazines. I try to put my own twist to them.

The Angel in the Springs was a very early sketch done several years ago.

!Darkchild! - Back for a limited time !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

Enjoy. Let me know what your thoughts are.
    Last edited by darkchild; May 28th, 2005 at 04:36 AM.

Thanks

Looks good

I am liking the pencil sketches, and not because they are of females... they look very good. Good luck with your Photoshop skills, I am looking forward to seeing what else you have in store.
    QTF IMI.... It's a MI thing!

Thanks
    Hey Darkchild.

I would say start doing the pencil sketches again. They look good. Keep posting buddy.

Thanks
    Thanks ulvdemon for the kind words. I'll be posting some more stuff soon, just check back (or subscribe).

Masayasu: No problem I'll be posting up more pencil art soon.

Thanks
    No more Photoshop please show us pencilsketches - looks good also because its women

Thanks
    Ok, no more photoshop. Don't worry more pencils to come...

Thanks
    Hey man, your pencil sketches are very cool. Gotta agree with Fellah, post up more babes.
    Some of your pencils are hard to read. In PS if you go to image : adjustments : auto levels.. you'll be able to make the images darker. You can also then take it into brightness / contrast and make it nice.
    Cheers,
    T.

p.s. MORE BABES !!

Thanks

More Pencil Sketches

Ok... more pencil sketches you want more you shall receive. These are all older pieces. I'm working on another pencil sketch right now. I'll be posting here soon again. I hope you like these. I have made them darker in Photoshop. I don't really like the way they came out (the originals of course looked better) but it will be easier to see on your screen. Later

(top) This was too big to scan. I just snapped a photo of it.

As always let me know what you think.
    Last edited by darkchild; May 28th, 2005 at 04:37 AM.

Thanks
    Hi man.
    Nice update with the pencilssketches
    Often scanning messes them up - happens to me also - good idea to give them a touchup in PS. The originals allways look better, scaninng and jpg will always kill them a bit, but some practice and you can get pretty close. With the first one i would remove the black shadow in the corner - takes the eyes away from the girl.
    The drawings look fine dude. I like them. The thick black outline works well on them - maybe because of the light shading you use. You got the anatomy down pretty solid on these (the second girl has too small feet, which makes her head seem very big, but its small time stuff). You have a good understanding of making the female form sexy - and that is good
    My advice would be to work more on the faces - draw a 100 of them or so and use tons of refs. Strukture, lightning etc. Yours seem a bit underworked at the moment. Something you just want to get over with. The mouth, eyes and nose dosnt follow the same lines - the libs seem a bit pasted on - use more light and shadow to melt it into the rest of the face.
    Long comment it looks good and you got the talent. But like all of us, just draw draw draw

Thanks
    Fellah: Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to keep my proportions correct now. Those were older pieces. Let me know what you think of the following.

Alright, here are two sketches fresh off the page. Just finished them tonite. I tried to get the brightness and contrast adjusted for better viewing. As always let me know your thoughts. Your feedback is appreciated and will help improve my abilities. Later...

I love any sketches with heavy darks and contrasting lights. ...of course I couldn't resist but to sketch the pattern shown on the 2nd piece. I found the outfit on the net and had to put my own spin on it.

Alright thats it for now. I'll be posting soon again if everyone wants to see more. I'll be trying to get back into sketching daily like I use to in school instead of paying attention. Later
    Last edited by darkchild; May 28th, 2005 at 04:38 AM.

Thanks
    this threads gettin a lil trashy

Page 1 of 102 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast