Sketchbook: !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time - Page 9
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey good looking stuff dude. Though I don't care for that commander woman with 'er guts hangin' out ICK!
    The photos are cool. You should model yourself for combat poses and stuff. just take a bunch of shots of yourself swinging your lightsaber around. They'll make a great refference library. I do this all the time and then turn the figure into anything I need; a hero, a woman, robot, skeleton, goblin, statue, whatever. It's just the pose that I find hard to invent out of my mind. But that's just me.

Gilead Artist on Facebook and Twitter
    website
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cobi: Hey nice to hear from you again. Thanks for the praise. Yeah I'll be working on some more faces hopefully tonight. Congrats on your art show. Must be exciting Haven't been posting lately, I've been a bit busy (see below). Anyways keep checking back often.

Gilead: Thanks for the comment on the photos. I would love to do some more action pics and backgrounds. But I'm sure you all think I'm weird for taking photos of myself. But a great idea none the less. Hell I can't afford a real model

1997 Saturn SL2, the last run:
    I'm sorry no art post today. But I would like to take a moment to say goodbye to one of the best rides I've ever had. Dec 11, 2005 at about 12:15a I hit a patch of black ice going over a bridge. The rear end slid out and my counter steering didn't help. The car slammed into the concrete embankment. It slid for a second and proceeded to roll 2 full times. Glass shattered all over me during the rolling. I came to a sliding halt on the driver side doors. Strangely (and I thank whoever is looking out for me) I didn't have a scratch on me. The car of course is totalled. I've had this vehicle since 1996 and have been fixing it up for the last 4 years. I've been to 15 shows with it and came up with a trophy. She wasn't the fastest car on the road but damn fun to drive. She was young with only 89000+ miles on the meter before the crash. You can checkout all the modifications that were done to this car from link at the bottom. You don't normally see SL2's like this on the road. The main reason my life was spared was because I installed real bucket seats and 4 point harnesses. I never thought I would actually use them. It's funny last year a cop pulled me over and told me my seatbelts were illegal (because it didn't have the DOT sticker sown into them) and wanted me to change them out. Well I'm now glad that I didn't. It was the only thing holding me in place while I was upside down. It's funny I had always thought that I would wipe out from a street race, but i hit the black ice doing a normal 30-35mph. Go figure. I'm not going to post all the photos because this isn't the right place anyways, but I wanted everyone to know I may not be posting for a short time. Gotta get insurance taken care of, towing and looking for a replacement. Have a great day everyone and drive safe!

The complete photos plus all the crash pics: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/498201

Well here she is the last run of Seatown's best looking 1997 SL2

Combined EFX's Rated R:
    These were from the last show Hot Import Nights Seattle:

crash:

You will be missed

!darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sorry for your loss Dude.

Darkchild,

Im glad to hear you are okay and that the 4 points saved your butt. I was thinking of putting them in my Mustang GT those pictures just convinced me to put those in my pony.

Oh, I should mention I really enjoy your sketching skills. I was always a phantom viewer, but when I saw that you are a car show guy and you lost your baby I had to say something.

Darkshadowgrey

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Darkshadowgrey: Thanks for the sympathies. I appreciate it. Definitely put those harnesses in your ride. It really helped me, I didn't move an inch while the car rolled. Do you have a show car as well? If you've got some pics somewhere on a website let me know. Well I'm glad you decided to write something in my SB. Check back often, don't be a stranger. I'll be posting my new ride up on CarDomain soon. Thanks

Art posts today:

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like that last one a lot. Especially the hair, very nice.

Gilead Artist on Facebook and Twitter
    website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Darkchild I really liked those last two. I agree with Gilead the hair on both of them is amazing. What sketching pad are you using? I like the color of that too.

Oh, I do have a 2003 Mustang GT, which I converted to a Roush clone that I take to shows. Its on CarDomain.com and heres the link: www.cardomain.com/ride/2131162

As alway's nice work Dude.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gilead: Thanks I think that was some of the best hair I've done.

Darkshadowgrey: Thanks for the praise. I sketch on yellow parchment. I adjust the contrasts a bit to get the pencils to show better and it usually changes the paper to gold/yellow. I checked out your GT. Very sweet and clean.

Here's two from tonight:

Here's a pic of my new car. I hope I don't roll this one
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Coupe (2 door Impreza's are pretty rare)
    If anyone is interested in keeping up with the modifications to this show car goto:
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2204745

Last edited by darkchild; December 22nd, 2005 at 05:18 PM.
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, cool new ride. What is that a WRX?

The first girls nose looks really really flat. Also, the shadow on head neck muscle (I'll learn the names soon) is a bit too accentuated. Looks like she is on steroids.

The second, even though I realize that her hair is covering the left side of her face, it is coming across as though half her face is missing.

How much of that parchment to do you have left???

Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hylandr2: Thanks for looking. I'm sorry I didn't even think to type the name of my new ride. I went ahead and edited my last post. But thats a rare Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Coupe. As you may have noticed they don't make 2 door cars anymore only between 1989-2001. I did test drive a WRX and damn they are fast!! Too fast for me, look what I did to my slow ride I love the vented hoods on those cars. Anyways thanks for the crits. I swear that ref I used had a long slender nose. I'll have to go back and look at it again. Those neck muscles should belong to the She-Hulk (tm). And I got plenty parchment left, my friend gave me like 1000 sheets. So can't waste them right?

Just a little work besides women.

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Happy Holidays everyone!!

Ok she's a bit on the ugly side but this is art right?

Another concept:

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya, you have made a lot of progress in your sb ^^. I think you draw figures really well, and I love the way you draw clothes and hair.
    Your faces just need a little more practice, have a go at drawing skulls and heads all the way round and you'll make progress in no time.

O, and sorry to hear about the car. Was just a good thing it was only the car that got totalled.

If you always get up late, you'll never be on time --Broken Social Scene

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tullie: thanks for writing. I know I got a long ways for better looking faces. I've been dedicating some time to faces only now. I want to improve my facial structures by next summer. I been focusing on my bodies a bit too much. Yeah, it sucks about my ride. I've been working on it for the past 4 years to get it looking like that and it was gone in 60 seconds

Just a little face study for the night.

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well since there was an overwhelming response on my faces, here are some studies. First one is ref'd the second was from the mind.

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, that profile of the guy with the horns is awesome man - keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Darkshadowgrey: Thanks for the praise, he is a concept character for a project.

Ok I meant to post these up last friday but got lazy. The first is a no ref'd face study. Just some quick sketches of the same face in different views. Comments appreciated.

This is a sketch of a cold air intake system for my car. I wasn't going to post this but I said what the hell, it's a sketch afterall. I ripped out the old intake and drew this up with some measurements. Then I went to Home Depot and got the proper piping and fittings.

concept:

...and here is the finished product (still needs to be properly tested though):

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey DC,
    I am hoping that you are not going to take this the wrong way, but I think that it needs to be said. I have been noticing a trend in your post that is causing me a bit of distress. As I look back through your sketchbook, you were posting things that were rough, but imaginative. They displayed your style. You added details and created good compositions. You were paling with digital and other formats. It seems though that once you started sketching on the parchment, everything went backwards. Everything became a quick sketch. You seem to be lacking the focus that you had at the beginning. I don't mean to say that exercises are not helpful, they truly are. But an exercise for the sake of an exercise is a waste of time.

I would like to see you be more focused again. If it is anatomy you want to deal with, start with something and beat it to death. For example, it it is arm anatomy you want to start with, draw the skeleton, from every angle. Learn something from each drawing and apply it to the next. Then put the muscles on it and again do it from every angle, men and women. Then add the skin and again, all angles, all lighting types. And so on....

You have so much talent and I think you may feel stalled and it is coming across in the sketch book. If you think I am off base, let me know, but this is my opinion and how you could better yourself and you abilities.

Good luck man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude that's cool that you made your own CAI. Hope it works.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hylandr2: I don't take offense to it at all. I'm lacking a lot of detail because frankly I'm having less time to sketch. So I do all these quick sketches to keep up the practice. My hours recently got changed back to evenings. Now there is a manager there all the time, which means my sketching time goes down the drain. She's not there thurs or fri so I usually sketch then when the work had died down. Unfortunately the work is pretty steady because of all the rain we're having in Washington and Oregon. I dispatch techs when there is work. When it's raining, there is a lot of work because the cabling gets wet. We are going on almost 30 days of straight rain here with flood warnings in a lot of areas. This may sound like a lame excuse but it's the truth. But to make up for it look down.....

Darkshadowgrey: Thanks for the props. The CAI works well. The car's a tiny bit quieter (although not really). My top end has suffered a bit but I now have awesome low-end, off the line, all wheel drive torque! I don't really see spending 200+ for a Cobb CAI or Injen or any of those when I can fabricate my own out of ABS plastic.

Ok to apologize for the recent crap I've been posting here are some from 2006 sketchbook.

The following are just quickies to warm up the hand and brain again:

(as you all can see I love Ghost in the Shell)

The next 2 are a bit more serious:

(this was ref'd for the pose)

(just watched the movie Mr & Mrs Smith, influenced me to come up with this)

Ok I'll be sketching when I can from now on. At least until the rain stops and I can get some more free time!

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    To help you with your face drawings I think that you should do some really indepth studies of the features of the face. Look at the eyes, the eye lids aren't flat, they are fairly thick and this is really noticable from any side view.

The bottom of the nose isn't flat, look at how it joins to and eventualy forms the bottom lip. The bottom of the nose has many angles, then it meets the 'face'. Look at the curves at the side of this area just below the nose and of the bottom lip itself.

Keep in mind when draw the face that the bottom of the eyes/eye socket is around about the middle of the face/head. Lastly; really look at what happens to the lips when the face turns. Often both corners can be seen, these areas are really important. I hope that you can find the time to keep up the studies.

If you always get up late, you'll never be on time --Broken Social Scene

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey buddy, it's been awhile!!! I've been busy
    It looks like you have, too!!!! You just keep getting better and better!! That concept dude with the big muscles is killer. Your faces are getting better. I think Tullie has good advice, though you are progressing, they are still missing important depths. That being said from the Queen of 2D, I will end this!
    Keep up the great work hon, and no more rolling cars!!! I'm glad you're okay!

Cobi

"If you're nose deep in sh*t, keep your mouth closed."-Henry Fonda

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Back to old habits.....

Tullie: Hi, thanks for coming back and writing. Thanks for all the advice. I need it. I'm going to continue on with my studies. I think hylandr2 is right I need to get some of my creativity back. So I'm going to somehow combine the two. My faces obviously isn't my strong point. But I'll be working on them more. Please come back and give me some pointers if you have time. Thanks again.

Cobi: Nice to hear from you. You sound really busy. I'm glad that the show was a success. I hope all is well with you. I don't plan to roll this new car. It's not as fun as it looks on TV. Well now I can add this to the list of bad/stupid stuff that I've done. Seeya later.

Alright here's my attempt to get some of that old style creativity back from the early works in this SB. I'll still continue my studies but maybe I won't post as much of them. Well here goes...

Thanks to all that took the time to look

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright some new stuff... Here's a few warm-up sketches:

...and some more serious ones:

There's no manager tonight at work so hopefully when it dies down I can get some quality sketching time in. Thanks for looking

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    J Lo Booty!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cobi

"If you're nose deep in sh*t, keep your mouth closed."-Henry Fonda

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man that booty gets five stars in my book.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DC,
    Back to yourself I see. Good job. Face profile. Very nice. Do you attempt to have an asian look to your subjects or are they just coming out that way. Either way is fine, but keep in mind, on a profile, a causian or african decent would tend to have the eye sock set a bitdeeper set than one of asian decent. Just anote in case you are trying to indicate different ethnicities. The girl with the gun has her forearm a bit too long. I should be about 1 head heighth. The bridge of her nose is a bit askewed to the left, her right.

Nice booty. I think the crack is just slightly too high IMO.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cobi: I love me some JLo!!! Actually she has quite a big booty....

Darkshadowgrey: Thanks I'm glad you appreciate the booty. I'll be doing more pinups check back!

hylandr2: Thanks for sticking with me. I think my profiles tend to come out Asian looking. I don't why. I was sketching without refs so... maybe thats whats on my mind, asian chicks! That forearm is a bit too long isn't it... I'll be watching that. As for the crack being too high... come on look at that ass!!

Alright more pinups. Watchout Gilead I'm giving you a run for your money!!!

Thanks for looking!

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey,

Sorry i havnt been posting for a while, grrr, i always do it, i hope to change

Most importantly, i absolutely love Subaru Impreza, i really really want to get one when im older. Sorry about your other car, looked a beast, but how much money do you have?

Right, back to art.
    All these ladies your drawing, there getting better my each picture. Maybe you could do some anatomy on the body or arms, or even legs. This will improve your ladies loads!

I also love all these concepts, and your pencil work has improved loads from your first post. And also thanks for the comment in my sb. Greatful

Oh, one more thing, PLEASE dont crash your great great great new car, just remember, its a Subaru Impreza!

Qxzi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Qxzi: Thanks for writing. Thanks for the props. Yeah it's a shame about my car, but I'm very happy with my new one. I've been racing with it a bit too much. Sorry, can't resist. I'm glad you like the ladies, besides Gilead's page there will be no shortage here as well. Check back often. Thanks again.

Just one for the night. It was way too busy at work. But I managed to get this one finished.

As always helpful comments welcome. Thanks for looking

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You got some real progress. I've read you take pictures of yourself because you can't affort a real model, i'm in the smae situation but found a way. Search the internet for pages where you can view the portfolios of models, then if you like a pose or a face, you save the picture or print it. This way i've found about 80 pictures that are nice to practise stuff like poses and such. Keep working on it, you faces are getting better, but look good. I think in some of the drawings the forehead is to small, the forehead is almost as big as the part from the eyebrows to the chin. compare the forehead on the girl with the lolly with the nurse.

beware my avatar is cooler then my drawings
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...859#post588859

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its just getting better. I like your shadings as well.

I need to b work regularly, as you do. Keep it up!

Each one, teach one. P e a c e

VS

Check out My Sketchbook

Latin & Spanish Group

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3