Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey man, you are getting much better at drawing from the mind. Damn the phote refs!!! Any way, I really like this one. One thing to mention though, from working on the maidens rendering I'm doing (which is killing me by the way) I am realizing how important it is to get the light source correct. For example, in this pic the light is coming from the upper right, yet the girl's right horn is totally in shadow, even though there is nothing the cast the shadow. Additionally, the shadow cast on the face of the dude in the back appears to run straight down, even though the lighting on his helmet is from the upper right.

I like how your stuff is progressing. Good job man.

Later.
    Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

The Bare Witchblade Project

Hey all!!

hylandr2: Thats right damn those photo refs. They just get me to draw way too lazy and with no imagination. Now onto the crits that you have given me. I did this piece with the intention of putting a bit more detail into it. But I wanted to step away from realism a bit and get into more fantasy comic art. Thats why the rendering is done that way. Normally you wouldn't able to see have the details on the armor because of where I chose to place the light. I wanted the dude in the background to look ominous with dark shadows on the face. But again I know it doesn't quite match up to the lighting, but it was intentional. Thanks for the kind words... I hope to hear from you on the next piece. Great work on the Maidens piece from you.

Ok more non photo ref sketches. I know the neck is a bit long, didn't notice it until after scanning. I'll fix that later. So I got lazy and wanted to do my own take on a few well established comic characters... for tonight I will start with this one. I've always like this character design. Very dark in a way yet innocent. But because this comic was aimed at every age level they couldn't sketch her in the true way she was meant to be done. All her pics had the armor strategically placed. But not here and not in my SB!! I didn't take too long on this, maybe 60min. I wanted to sketch a raw Sara Pezzini(aka Witchblade). I hope you all like. Let me know what errors I did. This was also done in a comic style rendering. Don't worry I'll get back to the realism stuff later.

!Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

Ok til next time.. I'm working on another comic character now.. Later!
    !darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    That's really cool bud. I really dig the stuff goin' up her arm.

Her body still looks real though, to me. Wow.. weird to say haha. If you're goin for "fantasy/comic" stuff try giving her a massive ribcage and tiny stomach or a big 'ol ghetto booty. YEAH!

Great shading as always.
    Cobi

"If you're nose deep in sh*t, keep your mouth closed."-Henry Fonda

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Site

Thanks

Come on baby raid my tomb.... oh yeah thats the stuff:)

Back again...

Cobi: Hey thanks for checking out my stuff again. Yeah I actually put a normal body on her. I loved the comic but it was pretty short run. Actually on page 1, the drawing of Vida Guerra, thats an example of a ghetto-booty. Thanks for the kind words on the shading. I'm getting a bit lazier with the rendering. But My next piece will be better

Well here's a girl that needs no intro... You all know who she is. Well this is my take on the character. Feel free to crit the sketch. I know I did plenty of errors on this. I literally rushed through this one. I have another great idea for a sketch. See you all later...

...here ya go hylandr2 another gratuitous gun pic....
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Hey DC, just so you know, I'm not firearm obsessed, I just drew one for my sketch book and thought your was good as well. I'm not an NRA member or anything...LOL. I see you went with the Image chicks here. Lara looks good. There is some anatomy issues here. I think her eyes are a little too far up on her head....just a tad. Also, her forearms are a little long. The elbow to wrist should be about one head height and the should to elbow should be a bit longer than head height. The mid-drift is a bit dark considering your light source. It is as dark as her leg, even though her leg is in full shadow. Good body positioning for the character. I like it.

Got any Aspen pics in that pad?

Thanks
    you finished the nekkid girl there has got to be a way this page will load quicker /cough.

oh wait.. i see more nekkid people now i was talking about the tat girl

Thanks

...any likeness portrayed herein are purely coincidental...

Whats up all!

hylandr2: Yeah dude, I got real lazy with the lara pic. I don't know why. I suddenly wanted to finish her and move on. I'm sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like you were gun obsessed. Actually I love the way firearms look as a piece of art. No Aspen in the SB.... yet. But good suggestion. I'll find a way to work her in.

keroppie: Hey there. You probably need DSL or something. Maybe a full blown T1 would get this site to load faster. Yep no end to the nekkid ladies in here. But tastefully done.... Keep on checking periodically.

Alright this next one is special. I have been given permission to sketch and post this. This is a portrait of Cobi. I'm sure some of you know her, she's a member of the forum and goes by the username of...uh... Cobi. Anyways crits always welcome. I'm sure she looks more beautiful in real life. The pic was very small so I filled in the details as best I could. Alright til next time....

Here is the ref photo I used. This was enlarged a bit.

...and here is my version....
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Hey that's me!

I'm almost done with my little project. Sketched it out today but been busy packing / doing laundry for a trip! I leave Friday.

Love the shading as always!
    Cobi

"If you're nose deep in sh*t, keep your mouth closed."-Henry Fonda

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Site

Thanks

Must...control Fist of...DEATH!!

Hey all!! Happy 4th to everyone!! Time to light some stuff on fire (while still being safe).

Cobi: I'm glad you like the sketch. I hope you have a fun trip. Checkout Hylandr's SB he did a good take on your portrait.

Ok I know I haven't posted for a while. I've been commisioned to redo a menu for a smoothie shop. Been busy. I guess that would be my first freelance project. I have been watching a lot of movies lately also. Among them are good ol' choppy sock films (insert Bruce Lee's yell here). I have always been a fan of martial arts. In fact I practiced 7 years of kickboxing myself. I've also been messing around with PS. I might post some pics of me weilding a lightsaber. I know it's been done to death, but it's still fun.

Well here are two sketches that I've done. Nothing special. The second was a really rough sketch. Thought I draw something a bit different for a change. I'll be posting my usual stuff soon. Later.

!Darkchild! - Back for a limited time !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

Here ya go. I'll be posting soon again. Already rendering another pinup (aka another nekkid lady)
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Hey man, I like the action poses on the chinese chicks. Good body positioning. One thing is that I think you would see more ass on the front girl. Her left buttocks looks a bit small.

I saw your crit on the Cobi pic. I agree, the nose was crooked. I fixed. On yours, it looks good. My one thoughts was that her jaw line looks a little more rounded than it should be making her face look a bit heavy than it appears in her pics. The jaw bone is actually relatively straight, unless fat deposits round the area. Take another look and you'll see what I'm taking about. What type of pencils do you use, because often you get a sepia look rather than a strict black\white\gray look?

Thanks

...Let's get it on.... OOOOOOH Girl...

What up everyone!!

hylandr2: Hey dude! Thanks for hittin up my SB again. About that jawline on Cobi, yeah I saw that. I bowed the jaw out just a tad too much. I've got a long ways to perfecting my art skills. Good catch on that. I think you did a great job on her portrait as well.

Ok well I'm back to my old habits again. Another pinup. Thought I try a slightly different pose. The angle of the head gave me some slight problems but nothing like some hair to cover up the mistakes Actually she has a lot of hair. This was sketched with a photo ref. I changed the face and hair a bit. I started to sketch another babe in the background but I got another idea for and dropped this one. I may go back and pencil the rest of her. Anyways let me know what you think. Later!

...ah yes back to the women.....
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Yo...its funny that you mentioned the problem with the head rotation as I was just studying that last night. "Abra" suggested to me to pickup a book and study it. It is "Dynamic Anatomy by Burne Hogarth". It is really good. I picked it up on ebay.half.com for $1.95. I suggest looking at picking it up. I has awesome musculature studies and proportional charts and stuff. Get it man. I'm tearing through it.

Thanks
    Hey all...

hylandr2: Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into the book So when are you gonna get another sketch up? Keep them coming...

Nothing special... Just a couple of sketches....

Photo ref on this one. I was trying to capture a closeup rather than a whole body like I'm usually sketching. Not too much rendering on this piece.

No ref on this one. Just a fun quick sketch. Still got a ways to go on my wings. I haven't done a dark rendering in a while. Well as always leave me your comments... Later!
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Hey man great to see all your girls again. I have missed a lot of them sorry about that. Its lame to be busy sometimes. You are getting good crits here, thats cool. I see a lot of progress man! Maybe have some more variations in your lines, make some of them really fat, dark and soft, soft, soft and some of them almost invisible (like the albue of the girl whit the tatoo over her butt). Give a good feeling of highlight and adds some mystery to the girl. You are doing it a bit with the winged girl and it looks really nice. Nice highlight on the shoulder and i dig the outline under her breast. Doing outlines like that shows that you are the one calling the shots and not the drawing(made sence?)I almost cant crit the winged girl ( i really dig the mood of it), but maybe the dark breast could need a bit softning up - it has a very straight line under it, one breast is relaxing and the other is jumping,(if i had breast i would make them jump all day hehe). Keep it up!

Thanks
    And where have you been for 5 days. LOL. I have some studies I'll be putting up shortly.

Anyway, good job on the first girl. Not much to crit on that one. I like the winged girl, but again, the lighting is an issue. The light source appears to be overhead. The arm is throwing me off. I think you need a little more lighting hitting the top of the right breast and the right arm appears to be lit from the front. Picture your cyliner when lit from above. Otherwise, it is good so far. I'd like to see where you go with it.

Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast