Page 5 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

Thanks
    Hey everyone...

Gridur: Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I'm glad you like what you see. Yeah my faces are still sucking. I'm on a daily quest to perfect my faces. I'm slowly getting the lips down from the fakey collegen injected look. Although I love me some Angelina Jolie lips. Anyways stop by often. I'm gonna fill this thread up with as much stuff as the bandwith will allow. Your input is always appreciated.

Cobi: Hey there. Thanks for the comment and praise. I'm still working on perfecting my rendering. I'm experimenting with different techniques. Hopefully one of these years I'll come up with something that I will like. Don't worry abou neglecting my thread. You'll just have to look through all the crap I'm posting. I see that you're still busy with work of your own. I'll be stopping by periodically to crit you stuff.

Welch99: I enjoyed looking through your SB. Thanks for coming by. I think that girl leaning on a chair was one of the best renderings I've done. You're right though the fingers were a bit stubby on the other hand. Hell it looked like someone else's fingers. Thanks for the praise and crits. I'll be working hard at my faces. Check back often.

B-Man: Back again. I'm glad, I need some more crits on my work. I looking to improve with everyones's help. I'm glad you like the women. I love the female human body. I went back to the photo for the girl in the chair and found that the extra line is the shadow of the bellybutton. I just translated it incorrectly onto paper. I'll have to be more observative in my next reference sketches. Don't worry about 'too many crits', I need it to improve. I take all of them seriously. I have been drawing for a long time (off and on for about 20 years) and I'm just now starting to improve a little. Pretty bad, eh? Well I'll hope you check back frequently.

Back again... with 2 sketches no less. I hope everyone's previous comments and suggestions went into my work. Remember to let me know what you think.

!Darkchild! - Back for a limited time !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

Ok... the first is a 10min sketch. It's an idea I was just playing around with. Nothing serious. You can tell the rendering is not even close to some of the other stuff. I noticed that the way the perspective was, it made the right arm seem too long. Plus the hair was too poofy. She looks like a bobble head. But I thought it would be a nice change for me to break free from my pinup hardbody big boobs for a bit and throw some other stuff at ya and see what you think. The second was a slightly more serious sketch. I know that my wings suck, I'll do some more studies on them. The body is a tad short on the girl. This was not a great sketch so no background, hence the negative space. Alright if you're still reading this I can't believe you're still awake. I tend to ramble on. Anyways crit the hell out of this. I'll be interested in hearing what everyone has to say. I'll be hitting the sketchbook again. Will be bringing more freshmeat for you to tear into. Later
    !darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Starting to get solid dude Getting the female form down good.
    Still some slight problems with anatomy hehe The girl sitting on the beach has nice legs and torso, but her arms are a bit off. The upperarm is much longer than her underarm(bad english) and her hands is really tiny. If you see where the frontarm is bending and look at the other is hasnt got the same length. Feet slighty small too. The overall form is nicely done tho.
    The girl in the chair(i want your magazines )has a strong quality, but take a look at the hands. One hand has fat fingers, the other has tiny slim short fingers. Fronthandfingers needs to be a bit longer.
    The girl with the gun has the same difference with the hands and fingers. One hand fat the other slim. The trigger finger is very long and thin and the others are small and fat Theres difference in the length of the arms again. The head is too big.
    Ahh im happy - i got to crit you again
    Keep it up man - it looking good.

Thanks

Bathing Beauty

Alright....

Fellah: Hey there.... thanks for coming back and giving me a kick in the ass. You know the funny thing was I saw those errors and yet I still scanned them in and posted. What the hell was I thinking? I should have correct it first. Anyways I hope that this next piece should make up for some of the crap here. I can always count on you to stick it to me

Ok for all those who didn't crit me on the last piece(or pieces), shame on you.... I need all the help I can get. Well I only have one sketch for tonight. I hope you like this. Again I was not happy with the previous attempt at rendering water so I researched some photos and came up with this. I'm not happy with it but I thought the view on this was so nice I'll post it anyways. If anyone has suggestions for rendering water don't hesitate to let me know. I hope to do some more water pieces to get some practice. The scan came out horrible as always....

Well here goes.....

!Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

Ok I'll crit my own work first... I tried to capture the reflective light from the water against her arms and belly. The water nearest was calmer than the stuff out towards the looming cliff. Off to the left (your left) I tried my first wave but I don't even think a surfer would even get a work out on it. Her hair is a little messed up. The only thing I forgot to put in (now that I'm writing this) is some droplets of water coming off her breasts. Her left breast also could do with some more rendering. Also the lighting is completely off. I couldn't decide where I wanted the light to come from so I stuck the sun behind the cliffs but you notice there is a significant amount of light on her face. To me it doesn't look right, sh** I hate noticing errors after the fact..... Well there you have it my 2 cents. Give me your thoughts everyone. I'll be back here sketching away. Later.
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Hey man good work. Chicks cars&mecha, pretty solid combination if you ask me

I really like that last one, it somehow feels more natural than the others. The mechanical chick is also cool, keep it up!

Thanks
    U been busy

Thanks
    Well, everyone, including me, seems to like sexy ladies with guns, but I think you should focus more on conveying form and accurate anatomy than stylizing everything. Look at at this way, if these women were all featureless and devoid of costumes and surroundings, could you still pull it off and make them interesting visually? I'm not saying to quit doing what you're doing, just vary your habits a little more =P Good job!

Thanks
    Been on vacation dude. You've been busy. I have been posting to this board long enough to know that constructive critisism pushes you harder than compliments. Hopefully This will will be enough of both. WHere to begin. Backwards forward...

Girl in water. Nice composition. Nicely done on the reflected light source. Her left should looks slightly too small as well as her ear looks slightly small.

Girl with gun. Her fingers look like that have no bones and the nose really really wide. The gun detail is really nice. Draw more guns.

Girl with wings. Wing texture seems good. From where light source is, too much of wing protruding from back is lit.

Girls in webs. Back girls left arm is curved. Her right leg also appears to be missing. Anatomy seems good on front girl. Study the planes of the face a little more. Sometimes you are missing some shading which is making the faces look flat.

Girl on chair. Dude, after I hosed off, I notices the left fingers are thicker than the right ones. The right one seem short for some reason. Her head is tipped back, but something is wrong. If her head is tilted to her left, the jaw seems to protrude to me.

Lifeguard. Looks really solid. Anatomy is good. Body position is good.

Bad girl, her shoes are on the wrong feet???

Tattoo girl...look good. Nice detail in tats.

Disrobing girl. All seems fine accept for that left hand. It looks wonky. Plus, is it supposed to look like she is squeezing her own nipple?

I hope this gives you something to consider and work on. You have good stuff and definitely talent. I do suggest trying some of the illustration activities. It makes you try stuff out of your comfort zone.
    Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Thanks

A view with a room......hmmmm

Back again....

IceMoon: Thanks for the comment. Keep checking back. I have been known to revolve around those three aspects of art(mainly women). I'm glad you liked what you saw.

Keroppie: I'm glad you had a chance to check this out. I hope you were ok with the nudity. Yeah I've been busy. With all these great artists leaving me vital crits I have to keep pumping out the sketches to improve. Check back often.

Dan1989: Hey thanks for checking out my humble sketches. Yeah you're right. I haven't done any studies for years now. I use to sketch bodies all over the place, but I have long since lost those sketches In fact I didn't know what to do with the sketches after I placed a body on the paper. Now I'm trying to get some poses and tighter pencil work on them, possibly even a background. But thanks for the comment I'll keep it in mind when I sketch. Maybe I'll get back into my studies of anatomy again, and if I do you will be seeing it on this forum.

hylandr2: On vacation???? No wonder you haven't commented for so long. Well I'm glad you're back. Your just the kick in the ass that I needed. Now this is what I'm talking about. Hardcore crits. Yeah now that you mentioned it I noticed that the shoulder is too small on the girl coming out of the water. I agree with all that you wrote. Oh that disrobing girl.... that was a 5 min sketch. I didn't intend for her to be pincing her nipple. Actually that sketch was unfinished. I was originaly going to place a big tattoo over her breast, but after sketching I couldn't decide on what to tat here up with. So I left it. And you're right (along with fellah) I gotta get outa my comfort zone once in a while. But not just yet.....

Ok.... one for the road... This was a quickie sketch. Pretty simple. Keep everything dark and place a hard line for a shadow. Not much originallity I know. But I had the idea in my head for a little while. I'm working on some other stuff now. Sorry somewhat badly cropped. So here is the fresh meat for you all to tear into. I call it "A view with a room"......

Ok... My crits first: bad bad, I just noticed that there should be more shading on the breast because it's closer to the fabric of the top. I've placed a very odd cut out in the rendering on her right hip. I've must have been sleep-sketching again... Well I kept the details on her face simple only because I knew this sketch would be dark (and I'm a lazy-ass). Also should have shown the curtains all the way down to the bottom of the sketch. Well there you have it. Please let me know what errors I didn't catch. Til next time.... I'll be sketching away.... Later
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Nice composition. A couple things I see. Dude, her boobs are glowing??? With the light source behind her, her torso should be dark. If the sheer type fabric is a lighter color, you should see more of the fold details. Also, it appears that she is sitting under the window, by there is no indication that there is anything underneath her. There should be some slith value change in my opinion. Keep em coming!

Thanks

Pulp Fiction meets Hooters!

Dude... I'm lovin' it...

You're great

I love the water backgrounds you've done. Can you teach me how to draw in pencil? hehe!
    Cobi

"If you're nose deep in sh*t, keep your mouth closed."-Henry Fonda

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Site

Thanks

...The Darkchild Strikes Back....

Hey all.... F***ing awesome!! I'm already on page 2!!! Yeah, Bring it on!!!!

hylandr2: What... you've never seen glowing boobs before?? Yeah I know, I put that into my own crit under the sketch. I didn't spend too much time doing that one. I just tend to hurry through sometimes, especially if I got another idea in my head to draw. Which you will see below.

Cobi: That is a very nice praise. I would teach you if I thought I was any good at it. Most of my sketches consist of heavy rendering. I'm trying a few different techniques now. Trying to mix in the best stuff to get the desired effect. If you like I will post some progressive sketches.

Ok, I suddenly got this great idea to do a Star Wars conceptual art. This as raw as I get. I've included some pre-conceptual art as well. The drawing was very light and I had to do a bit more in PS to get it to show up properly. I hope you all like this. This piece would be my Jedi Babe. But as always crits crits crits.

!Darkchild! - Back for a limited time !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

All the above is preconceptual art. This is what my mind is thinking before I head for the final concept. Pretty raw stuff. All sketched with a 6h pencil. Barely registers on the scanner. I don't normally post this stuff up but I thought you all would be interested in seeing it. If not let me know....

I know this is a bit odd for me to be doing. Since most the women in my sketches are a bit underdressed. But I hoped to do something a tad different. This time there was no photo reference, just my mind working (what a scary thought). I tried to put a bit of background into this piece.

My crits: I tried to capture the light coming off the lightsaber. Wasn't too successfull. My scanner is too small to get the entire page, sorry... I know real Jedi's don't wear heels, but hey, this is my fantasy The hand holding the lightsaber could have been done better. A bit more rendering on the face also.

Well let me know your thoughts. Keep coming back everyone. I'll be posting more stuff up.
    Last edited by darkchild; June 13th, 2005 at 04:46 AM.
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Looks like you have a solid conceptual process mapped here. The flow of the cape seems very fluid and natural to me. No crits here. Maybe the more experienced could toss some your way, but none from me today.

Thanks

...Ninjas are cool.....

Whats up everyone? Back again with a fresh one off the ol' SB. But first....

hylandr2: Yo man... whats up? Thanks for coming back and commenting. NO CRIT??? Damn, I did that good of a job this time. Awesome... another round of beers!! But hey I'm sure you have something to say about the next...

What happened to everyone? Am I just sketching too fast? My crits are getting few and far between. Ok well this is what I have, I've always been a huge fan of the X-Men. Lots of favorite characters there. I started to really get into it when Jim Lee was the main penciler. But I was very dissappointed when the movie came out and was missing a few key characters... especially Psylocke. I'm mean WTF? She would be awesome jumping around kicking ass and psi-blading those into submission. So this is my tribute to her character. I wanted to draw my own version of her, but I decided to stay true to her original costume (I hope this was it, because it's my favorite to see her in). I was going to put a huge dragon tattoo going up the side of her leg and wrapping up her waist and ending at her left shoulder. But I may do that as a variant to this sketch. Ok enough ramblin'...

Ok before I begin to crit her. I sketched her from memory. No photo reference again for this pic. You could aways tell which sketches are from photos and which are not. I gotta get better (with your help of course) to the point that when I sketch you all don't know if it's from a photo or not.

Here she is. MMMMMMM....... Ok wel my crits first: I just noticed that I forgot to place the shadow for her hand holding the sword. I know the light is long and projected. In fact if I didn't want to show off the wood flooring I was gonna crop most of it off. But I decided to scan the entire thing. The next crit is that I wanted keep dark shadows behind her but without killing lots of the details. But the leg seems to blend into the rendering. I guess I can't have it both ways. I didn't want to show a face this time to give a feeling of her waiting for something to happen(if that sentence made any sense). The katana is on the short side. The sash around her waist could've been slightly darker towards her back. It looked darker on the original. Her right foot is not quite right. In fact now that I look at it... it's horrible. That looks like a giant retarded jelly bean stuck to her ass.... Oh man.....

Alright let me have it people.. CRITS please.... I'll be back here hacking out some more stuff. Later...
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Page 5 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast