Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey Darkchild! Your ladies are fabulous! I like this one the most: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...pringstemp.jpg You did a great job on the background in my opinion. I have to agree with fellah on the last post, the arm looks very weird and the torso, too. Also, she could use some bigger butt! But the shading is fantastic!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

...And now for something completely different....

Fellah: Good to hear from you. Yeah thats the first thing I noticed after I got the pic onto the forum. I said "damn that arm looks like a midget's". I'll definitely have to work on the body some more. But I'll have to find that pic and post it so everybody can compare. I glad you liked that rendering and the hot pants. But as you know more will come.

Cobi: Thanks for stopping by. Yeah I love not so realistic chicks. Probably why I'm still single. But honestly she looked like this in the photo. I saw the rendering possibilities and couldn't resist. I will look up some classic pin ups and give it a go sometime. Thanks for the comment.

hylandr2: Hey there, thanks for the comment. Yeah I'm moving on. This will be in my sketch book for later revision. I'm slowly picking up some more helpful tips from everyone.

Faust: Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you like the women because I'm still sketching them. Please check back often. Let me know any crits you might have.

Alright... moving on. Here is my next submission for to you all. I'm still reeling from the last sketch I posted. Everyone had great comments and crits. Well for this next piece I decided to reopen an avenue of my sketching fetish that hasn't seen the light of day for a long time. I am a huge fan of Masamune Shirow's work. Love the mechs and the sexy women that fit into them. Another of my fav's is Sorayama. His ultra realistic pieces are just awesome. Now I don't do anything close to them but I do enjoy machinery and women. So I decided to combine the two elements together. I know it's been done, but I got some great stuff in my head that I will be happy to sketch if you all like this. If not I'm sure you will tell me.....

Ok here goes...

!Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

...here is the whole sketch. The first thing that jumps out at me is that her head is too big and her hands are on the small side. The way the panels are open on the arms also give the illusion of being too thin. But thats my own crit. Give me yours.

!Darkchild! - Back for a limited time !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

This is an enlarged cutout of the head and wires. I put a little time in sketching the details.

Here is the shoulder section with the panel of the arm is exposed to show the circuitry.

Thats it for now. Crit the hell out of it. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that. I will get some of these other images out of my head later.

Last edited by darkchild; June 1st, 2005 at 03:55 AM.
    !darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Hi DC! Nice update you have there My crits: Good job on her arms and hand. Especially like the deatils you put in the tech-stuff! What bothers me are 3 regions:

- the shoulder, to be more precise, the deltoid-muscle is too big and wrong in appearance. It looks like she's a football-player or something

- the face is somewhat off. Remember that in profile, faces tend to form a curve than a block like this. The eyes are too much in the upper region, they belong in the middle of the face. That makes her head generally too long. Her overal facial structure somewhat bothers me when I look more carefully

- the lower half of the torso is too thin even for an anorectic person. You might want to draw in some ribs, too The boobs are very nice, good flow but the spine takes an unnatural direction. It looks like she's broken her back.

Sorry for criticizing so much!

Thanks
    Faust: Hey there. Thanks for coming back. Looks like you're the only one so far to crit the last piece. Yeah, I already knew what you were gonna say. I still have not mastered much in the ways of sketching a profile. But always learning. And the spine thing.... she's a mechanoid, she's allowed to bend in unatural positions Don't worry about criticizing too much. Thats why I'm posting here, I want to better myself on sketching. Hope to hear back from you on the next big piece. Later

Ok, well not many returned to crit on the last piece. I'm in the process of another pinup type sketch. But in the meantime I thought I would do something different and throw a few of unfinished stuff from my sketchbook. These are just small rough sketches that adorn the corners and random parts of my book. I chose a few that I liked and posted. Crits welcome, but these are just 5 minute sketches. I'll be posting soon again. Later

I liked this because it was so clean. Not much shading. Great pose. Its just so out of the ordinary for me to draw like this.

I like both these. The first has a bit of action in it and the second was a concept sketch for a bigger version, but I never found the time to redo this one. I have scanned it in pretty big for you all to look at. Anyways back to my sketching. Enjoy these for now...

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Good thing drawing in ways you are not used to - getting out of the comfort zone is a good learning experience. Keep fighting dude!
    I dig the shooting scene man! And the smoking gun is nicely drawn too!
    Draw draw draw

Thanks
    Fellah: Thanks for the post. I've been checking up on your stuff. You have got some wild creativity going on. I've been trying to sketch smaller stuff. It's easier and I can turn them into larger drawings later. That girl with the smoking gun is only about 3inches tall on the paper.

Ok, here we go again. I hope some will return to crit the last few pieces. Again I have been "doodling" in my sketchbook. Most of the following sketches are between 2 to 4 inches in height. Just small drawings which I might eventually turn into more detailed stuff. But I thought you all might enjoy seeing this for a change as opposed to my pinups. I did sneak one pinup into this. I'm sure you can tell which one.

I like the one with the tattoo. Simple and clean. I've done a bunch of variations of that character in the past.

The first sketch looks like she's doing a breast exam (or for the more dirty minded, pinching her own nipple). The second was inspired by all the anime I've watched where the women are wearing impossibly short skirts that always flip up by the wind.

Ok... I'm sorry this piece turned out horrible from PS. I tried different variations in contrasts and levels. I finally had to settle for this. The problem is that the rendering is really light. The actual pic looks way better. But I will submit this for your crits. I did this with a photo reference. Now this is what I call a ghetto-booty....

Alright come and crit the hell out of these. I need those pointers and opinions. Otherwise I will never get to be a great artists like most of you. The first four were 5 minutes each. The last was about an hour. Til next time.

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    *drool* I love your pencil sketches
    Your line work is great but i think you should work on the colouring.
    Becareful with the photoshop effects, i know it's easy to get carried away with, but they are not something to use frequently.
    And lastly, are you using your layers? I'm seeing alot of the gaps inbetween the lines and colour stuff going on.

Thanks
    Good work on the last drawing man!
    Not a lot to crit on that one - grrrrr - very nicely drawn body and arm - the arm is really good! The face is a big step up - it looks a bit flat still and yet it dosnt...? Nice!

Thanks
    Ok back again...

HunterKiiller: Hey thanks for checking out my humble sketches. I'm glad you like the women. Been drawing them for years. Just now getting better at them. Yeah my coloring sucks. I use filters only because I'm lazy and I blow through a drawing quick. I don't normally use layers on PS. But then again I haven't colored too many pics yet. I may post some PS work in here later. I'm having too much fun doing the pencils. Check back often. I'll have some new stuff up.

Fellah: ...you serious?... you mean I actually did a good job on my sketch. Awesome!! Beers all around (the good kind, not the watered down crap). You don't know what this means to me. Now there's too much pressure to deliver good sketches Thanks again!

Alright, well here's some more work. I got a little carried away this time trying my luck with some sort of background. I decided to experiment with the pencils a little more. I hope I did a good job of adjusting the levels on these. The first came out kinda light. Well without further delay on to the stuff....

Ok, I got a little more creative. I was messing around with the eraser. The other was a photo reference with some interesting shadows. I love shadows!! Had to break out the pencil and sketchbook for this one.

...and you know my day wouldn't be complete without one pinup sketch. The purpose of this was to experiment with water rendering. I hope I did a good job convincing everyone that there's an ocean behind her (what!!!?? there's an ocean??).

Well there you have it until next time. Come one come all, let me know how I did. Thanks for dropping by.

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Nice stuff, you just getting better, and i see that you start to experiment some with backgrounds and other things, the bio stuff is nice, i really like the tattooed girl alot, you got it real nicelly done there, you still need to work more on the faces, but you're getting there, work work work, thats all thats needed =)

keep it up!

Thanks

Big Juggs!

Hey bud, good stuff!! I've neglected your thread but had a lot to see!

Can't tell you enough how much I love the shading. I try and try but...eh, no use.

Keep up the awesome stuff and I WILL be back sooner than later!

Cobi

"If you're nose deep in sh*t, keep your mouth closed."-Henry Fonda

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Site

Thanks
    Hey Darkchild, thanks for checking out my sketchbook. You've got some nice stuff here. My favorite is the one with the grl leaning back in the chair. You did a great job on the body. My only advice for you is to work on the faces. Some of them look a little weird. Try looking at your pictures in a mirror everyonce in awhile, You'll be able to see your mistakes. I have the same problem.

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."
    Scott Adams

Welch's New Sketchbook

Thanks
    Nice stuff! Still doing girls I see, thank you for that
    The girl in the shair is good but somethings wrong with her knees they look to thin and also some strange line on her belly and im not refering to the one from between the boobs and down, that one is great, but the one below it is strange... I would have skipped it. I sopose its a line round the bellybutton?
    And also when I think of it, her hand on the shair. The fingers look to fat.
    sorry for having so many coments...
    work on anatomy studies, draw hands, draw legs and dont stop even though it's sometimes boring.

I like your stuff, keep posting!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2