Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Doa

Sup yall!!

fellah: Hey dude, glad to see you back in my SB again. Yeah being busy sucks. I know how that feels. Yeah my lines are not varied. I usually let the lighting do all the talking. In the case of the angel girl. I wanted a mysterious mood. That sketch is pretty small. I was just doodling and that came out. You know I didn't even do that sharp line under the breast on purpose. I got some new stuff in the works. I hope you come back often. Later!

hylandr2: Sorry dude, I've been hella sick. In fact I still am while I'm writing this. I don't know what I was thinking with the lighting on the angel girl. Maybe multiple lighting was there. I just wanted a cool looking ominously lit sketch. Well I hope the next one will make up for it.

Ok, I am still coughing up a lung here, but I managed to cough up a decent sketch. This is Lei Fang. Those of you not familiar with this character she is one of the female fighters from Dead or Alive video game. One of the most awesome fighting games ever made. My scanner wasn't long enough so I took two passes and stitched them back together. I did my best to retouch this in PS. OK let me know what you're feeling. I'm going to hork some stuff out of my throat. I'll be back with another sketch

!darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow some really nice ideas in here, I like a lot of your works. Just work on your technique, grab some anatomybooks and learn. I swear this will give your works a really great bunch of improvement!
    Keep on drawing!

-----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, I hope you don't mind the touch uo here that I did for explanation purposes. Even when you have multiple or reflected light sources, they need to be consistent. This last drawing is really nice, but the lighting in a couple areas is throwing it off a bit. For example. Here right arm appears to be light from her left, but her right legs is lit from the right. Darken up the leg and show the reflected light on the arm and it gives a better lighting schema. It fits in with the way you rendered the lower leg more consistently. Take a look at the example and compare to the original and let me know what you think.

Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Bud,

Haven't been here for awhile. Nice to see your new drawings. Hope everything else is going well. Not much to say really. Just wanted to check in. Take er easy.

M.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hitting newstands soon!!

What up everyone?!

Gloominati: Hey thanks for hittin up my SB. Yeah I definitely need to study up on my anatomy. Most of what I do is either from the mind or a victoria's secret catalog. Check back often I'll be posting again. Later!

hylandr2: Hey dude, I don't mind. You have valid crits. Your right, I didn't even notice the rendering errors. Uhhh, I was sick, yeah thats it Hmmm.... maybe I was thinking that the dress might have casted a bit more shadow than intended. I'll have to work on it. Thanks for visiting my page. Later!

Masayasu: Hey man, it's great to see you here again. I hope everything is well with you. Schools probably killing you. I scoped out your new sketches earlier. Great stuff, keep them coming. I'll continue to post more stuff here. Later!

Alright I decided to mess around in PS again. Nothing fantastic I just got this idea to do the next piece. Let me know what you think. Before anyone says anything, I know she's got no neck. I was lazy so I just ran with it

Here ya go:

Last edited by darkchild; July 20th, 2005 at 03:20 AM.
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The magazine cover is a hoot. I like the angel, the shading makes it very strong and sculptural. It'd be one cool gravestone.

Gilead Artist on Facebook and Twitter
    website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehe, very nice mag cover!!!!

Cobi

"If you're nose deep in sh*t, keep your mouth closed."-Henry Fonda

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, I've been looking around for a hand scanner at my office for an hour. Please tell me that the bar code says something cool...LOL

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all!!

Gilead: Hey nice to see you post in my thread. I'm glad you like the angel. I sketch a lot of angels. I don't normally post them because my wings suck. You're right that would make a cool tombstone. The magazine cover was a fun idea I had in my head for a while now. Just finally got around to doing it.

Cobi: Hey there! Thanks for the comment. I thought you might get a kick out of it. It almost didn't even matter that I sketched a bad pose. Everyone liked the cover.

hylandr2: Hey, sorry to dissappoint. That barcode probably doesn't say anything. I just made it up to give the cover a more realistic look to it. Everyday I would see magazine covers with BS all over it. I decided to do my own and put on the cover the real truth. Thanks for the comment.

Ok, on a serious note. I love sketching angels. I did this one as a follow up to the other smaller sketch. Nothing special, just wanted to play with shadows a bit. The rendering is probably not correct. But I just wanted to have some fun. I'm working on another sketch now.... be posting soon!

(insert angelic music here)

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Bone Zone

Perky little update <><> seriously, the lighting is pretty interesting <><> the real reason I posted this feedback however is to correct something you said.....

"The rendering is probably not correct." >>>>>>> there is no correct way to do any of this >>>>>>> we look for the different way not the correct way <><><><> the whole concept of correct goes against the grain of creating art ()()()()()() if you are looking to make something come to life <><> put the life in it <><>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey DC,
    I feel like a gargoyle lying in wait for the next post in this thread, ready to swoop down and give my gollum's worth of two cents-ness. I really, really like this last angel sketch. It has a certain etherial/primal feel to it. I'd actually love to see it inked or colored in photoshop, so that the contrast is really drastic. You also keep beating on your ability to draw wings. From the two sets that you have drawn here, I don't see any major issues, of course your lighting may have helped hide what you consider errors. How bout drawing a bunch of wings, study like. I'll do the same after I finish what I'm working on in a day or two. We can compare notes.
    Later man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Back again!!

mentler: Hey, thanks for the comment. I agree. The individual artis needs to breathe life into the piece. Maybe what I meant was the rendering was not correct in my own eyes. I'm glad you scoped out my work.

hylandr2: I'm glad you like the last piece. I've always loved sketching wings. I never really got great at it. I do an occasional angel here and there. I'm really into gothic type art. Nice and dark stuff like HR Giger's work and Luis Royo. I will be posting more like this. I have several in the works.

Ok, I have a special treat for everyone. I was cleaning out my basement and came across some larger sketches done by me dating all the way back to 1996. I have decided to throw some in along with my current pieces so everyone can see the progression of my style. I was heavily influenced by anime back then. But I never got the hang of the style and eventually stuck with realistic models instead. So sit back and enjoy the "Blast from the Past" section of my postings. I have uploaded more than 20 sketches today. As I "unearth" more I will post them up. I'll throw in a couple each time.

Blast from the Past

I told you all I loved sketching angels. I think these are both from 99. I was coloring with pencils before I discovered PS. I don't really do that anymore as you all can see. I have since fell in love with greyscale art. I may still hit up that avenue later.

Alright this one is a current sketch. Nothing special just wanted mess around with contrast again. And it was an excuse to sketch a fancy firearm. Let me know what you all think. I will be posting more frequently now that I have stuff to post. Seeya!!!

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

..Red Bull now with wings!!!

Hey all!

Alright no replies this time around... *sniff*

Well here goes.. Welcome back to another installment of the Blast from the Past... Nothing special. Just another couple of sketches done. I think the first sketch was done in 96 and the second probably 98 or so. As you can see from the 2nd one I was influenced by anime then. I was also intrigued by architecture. Sorry for the quality of the photos. These are both 14x17 sized paper.

.. and this is a current sketch. Sorry another angel. I found a pic this pose and the lighting was so cool I had to sketch it. Well as always let me know what you all think. Later!

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey bud.. just checkin in on ya.. I like the updates.. but I don't see much of a difference from the ones you did in 96 to the ones you're doing now (except the anime one). I think your faces need some help.. you have the bodies and lighting down, though. Give them character/facial expressions, realistic looking eyes.blahblahblah.

keep postin!!

Cobi

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whats up y'all!!

Cobi: Hey thanks for hittin up my SB again. The main difference between my art back then and now is the shading. I think I sketch about the same. Most of the time I sketch full bodies. I tend not to put too much details in the face. I'm all about shadows and stuff. But I just bought a new sketchbook, I'll start sketching some new stuff soon. I wanted to fill my old sketchbook with nothing but female anatomy. I might not do the same with this new book. I think people might be getting bored of my pinups. I hope to see an update in your SB soon!!

Sorry it's been so long. I've been busy. I just finished showing my car at Hot Import Nights. Didn't win anything though. And I just started my new shift at work, midnight to 8am. What a crappy shift (I was forced by senority to work it). But on the bright side it's usually pretty slow. I can get in some quality sketching time in. I just bought a new sketchbook and will be filling up again. I may move away from my current sketching style a bit. I don't know yet. It all depends on what my mood is. I've filled up my last book, I will be posting the last of the sketches here before posting the new.

Blast from the past:

Ok this is pretty funny, the darkchild piece was done under heavy alcohol comsuption. I'm really a great speller but I managed to botch up my user name. I was a huge fan of Frank Miller hence the similar style. The other is from my favorite past time of mecha. I love mechanical stuff (not as much as I love my women) I was heavily influenced by Robotech and all sorts of anime mecha. I love detail on machines.

Current:

Sorry another wing piece. This was done from a photo ref. I like it despite the cropping. I had to stitch this one as well, too large for my scanner. Well there you go. I will be a posting again in the next few days. It's been hard to sleep in the daytime, mostly because it's summer and friggin sunny. I feel like a zombie sleeping in the basement with boarded up windows. Til next time. Later!!!

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, this last piece is quite nice. You seemed to have cropped the legs at a good location, below the knee, so it seems good to me. I like the extra time you spend and add some additional texture to the "feathers" on the wings. Not sure what the chinese text means, but it seems to fit. nice work. It may also look good inked, if you felt like it.
    Later

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great pose on this last one!!! I agree with Hylandr, nice cropping.. I really like the shading/lighting as well. I'll have more stuff soon... my printer died (has a memory card slot which i use to txfr my pics to the computer), so when it's fixed, I'll have a bunch of stuff to post. Keep up the great work!!! congrats on the new sb.. that's always exciting.. (I got a new 18x24 one!!).

take care
    cobi.

Cobi

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What up!

hylandr2: Thanks for the comment. I didn't mean to crop the leg at the ankle though. I ran out of paper. The reason there's so much space left is that I stitched the pic back on PS. It looks kind of awkward. I'm glad you like the feathers. The chinese text to the upper right means "under the heavens". Literal translation. The text to the bottom left consist of my name and the date. Later!

Cobi: Nice to hear from you. The photo on this was an awesome combination of lighting and shadow. I'll be getting some new stuff up from my new sketchbook soon. I love starting on a new one. I can also put the old one in my collection. You got another new SB? Wow I hope you'll be sharing your work with us. I can't wait to see what else you come up with. Sorry to hear about your printer.

Alright I'm posting one of the last sketches in my old book. I'm already well into my new book. I decided to take everyones advice and sketch a more detailed face. So this is a portrait of no one I know. No photo refs were used in this. The shadings a little weak but the purpose was for practice. I hope you all will leave me some constructive crits on how I can make my faces look better or more realistic. Til next time!

But first.... Blast from the Past:

I remember I was so happy when I finished the first piece. It was one of the first times I have ever colored a drawing of that size. Her eyes are too far apart. But I do like the overall pose. The position of the gun and the grenades are my favorite. The chinese text says "beautiful woman in a dream" or something like that. Don't ask me why I chose those words. I actually redid this one later. I'll post it up another time. This was inspired by Masamune Shirow's work. I love Ghost in the Shell anime. The other piece was inspired by Frank Miller of Sin City's fame. I tend to lean towards his work. Dark and gritty. Love his art style. That was done with a sharpie. Didn't take long either. I used a fat tip.

Current:

Here's the portrait girl. Let me know what I can do to improve. I usually sketch full bodies so details on the face gets pushed aside. I should just start sketching headless women

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

the last sketch... no not really!

Alright I'm posting the last sketch from my old sketchbook. Not much just a quickie (huh huh...quickie). I've been busy with my new PS stuff. I hope the next post of PS works will be a bit better than my first post. But don't worry I'll still continue to do the pencils.

Blast from the Past...

The first sketch is from 96 I think. The second was never finished. But the only reason I like it was the view of the gun being reloaded. It was the best job I had done with that odd angle.

Current:

Ok here it is the last sketch from the old book. I'll be back soon with something from the new book. Later!

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, I was thinking about your last piece last night and I realized that the one thing that popped out at me was not the perfect heart shaped butt, but was actually the toes. You did a really good job at defining the toes in this one. Her upper lip looks a bit small though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all!

hylandr2: Hey man, thanks for the kind words. Funny that you mention the toes. I spent a bit of time to get them to look correct. I checked the lips again. They are a bit small. But for a side profile they seem ok to me.

Well I'm back. This is a new piece from the new sketchbook. I know it's not a female but I thought it looked cool for a change. This was a very simple sketch done in PS. Nothing too fancy no special effects here. Inspired by my old black and white work and of course Frank Miller.

Blast from the Past:

Another two from my old collection. The first was a photo ref of a model. I added the color and the background via colored pencils. This was a one of the few good pieces of that time for me. I was really happy for the way this turned out. The other is a mech sketch. It's ok. I never got around to inking this one.

Current:

Alright this is my attempt at PS again. I haven't really used the program since joining CA. As you can see I was busy doing pencils. I need to get back into learning the tricks. This piece didn't take too much time as you can see. The chinese text reads "assasin" or "hitman". For anyone who reads chinese I did the second character incorrectly. The dash near the bottom of the character was suppose to be a "hook" not separate. I'll change it later. Well leave me your thoughts. I'll be back soon. Later!!

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm back baby!
    -Bender, Futurama

Well I got another PS piece here. I'm steadily improving I hope. I've got 3 more pieces I'm working on right now. They all look a lot better than this. But I like the mood of this one. I wanted to keep everything dark. Again this is my tribute to Frank Miller's style. I just got a new PC Tablet WACOM enabled. The Toshiba Satellite S822. Centrino 1.6ghz, 14.1 screen, 512 RAM and a 60gb HDD. Plus WI-FI capabilities. Try surfing the web by touching the screen, it's cool as hell. I've been testing it out and will be posting the new work soon. For anyone who's interested. The tablet is awesome. All the functionality of a laptop with the a convenient swivel screen to turn it into a tablet. Sorry I got a little excited... onto the the stuff that maters....

Blast from the Past:

Here are two pics that was done in 99 I think. Colored with pencils.

Current:

This was done on my old Dell Laptop. I wanted to do another dark piece with a lightsaber. I hope you like it. About 60mins in PS7. I tried to clean it up as best I could. Some of the edges still need some refining. The lightsaber was the funnest effect to do. Anyways more to come. Let me know your thoughts. Any and all constructive comments welcomed! See you all next time!

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude, what up. Girls...hm. Not generally my topic of choice, but I can still give crits, being one myself... Overall, your rendering is very nice, but I notice you tend to stay pretty light. Even in the 'dark' pieces it's more towards gray than real dark. Elbows are still not quite there - the last piece, the elbow is nonexistant - where's the bone?? Hands and feet have a tendency to be too small...and your expressions are pretty much the same from piece to piece: how sexy can I look? Erm, well, maybe to guys that's sexy, but to me it gets boring pretty quick. I liked the sketch you did a while back, with the girl yelling or screaming while firing the gun. Very primal! I also liked the piece you did of the mechanic girl - pieces that show people doing something is more entertaining (to me, anyway...guys are different!) than static poses. Where's the girl painting, planting flowers, holding a child? hehe, all right, not terribly exciting for ya, but hopefully give you food for thought!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, just had to post and tell you how much improvement there is here. You've really come a long way since May. Especially your faces. Great work. Can't wait to see more.

I really like the design of that last one with the light saber. For something that graphic, it would be cool to see it done as vector art.

Please stop by my new Anatomy Sketchbook and critique the hell out of it.

"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."- Mario Andretti

My Blog (Cartoony stuff)

My Illustration Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What's up y'all!

Teigrob: Hey, thanks for the comment. Yeah, I got a long ways to go in my anatomy stuff. I sketch other stuff besides women. But it was the main theme for this SB. I think that the female anatomy is awesome. But I'm going to start mixing in other subjects as well. Stay tuned. As for the woman painting and holding the child.... I'll get back to you on that

crazy3dman: Thanks for coming back and for the kind words. I'm hoping that I've improved a bit since the first post. I hope I don't get worse As for the vector art, I'm not quite there yet. I'm having way too much fun just painting in PS..

Speaking of which this is the first decent painting done in PS7 without filters. This was done on my new PC tablet. Let me tell you, it's much easier to do this with a pen on the screen than a trackpad. I spent a long time on this. Probably a little too long. I'm still trying to get the hang of the different types of effects on PS. I hope you all will take a look and give me some good feedback on ways to improve or what doesn't really work. I'm by no means an expert at this program. Thanks for looking...

Blast from the past:

OK to 99 sketches of models. Both photo refs. The first is Sung Hi Lee and the second is Taylor Dane from her album cover. Both done with color pencils.

Current:

I will post soon again. Later!

Last edited by darkchild; August 16th, 2005 at 01:02 AM.
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

THrowing Bones

Nice rendering good work with the clothing and folds : you seem to have this breast thing going on that is o.k. if it had not been for Vargas I would not be an artist ha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey bud, I really like this one: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...rdaynetemp.jpg

Not only do I like the pose, but the face as well. The hair looks good, too. She's prettier than Taylor Dayne.

The only crit I have is the arm looks a bit funky (the one on her butt). Looks a bit too muscular or wobbly.

Keep postin!!

Cobi

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Back again!!

Mentler: Thank you for the kind words. I spent a lot of time doing the clothing. I wanted it to look as realistic as possible. The only other part that took the longest was the hair. And as for breast thing (mmmmmm... breast...) I tend to sketch too many nudes. But I've started on a new SB (in real life not a thread) and it will contain other stuff as well. My old SB had nothing but female anatomy sketches, thats why this thread is full of them. I won't discontinue to post them but I won't be posting as much. which leads me to this post....

Cobi: Nice to see your lovely avatart around here again! Thanks for hittin up the page again. About that Taylor Dayne pic (...tell it to my heart, tell me I'm the only one...) That arm is messed up. I noticed it after I colored it of course. But because it was colored pencils it was a pain to correct. The stuff doesn't erase very will, so I just left it as is. This was a very surprising photo of her that I have. Most of her photos don't look that great. Then again, maybe I just drew what I think she should look like

Ok this next post is completely off topic. Earlier (check the July 3rd post) I mentioned that I was doing a logo for a smoothie shop. Here are two samples that I submitted to the place. I hope they don't mind. I haven't heard from them since. I hope they like it. I'm not going to post the original logo because of ownership from the original artist. I heard they were kind of a prude. I won't even give any reason to complain. But these are my creations for the company. The first was the template to be mirrored and colored. I found a bunch of diferrent fonts online, these two were my favorite. Take a look, leave me a crit.

Ok first the original pencils:

Now the colored with the variant fonts:

Alright I'll be back soon with some more stuff.... later!

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see a lot of improvement throughout your work from the beginning to the end. You are getting tone down well. If I may advise, you should try increasing the contrast in your drawings by having the darkest portion of the drawing reach a dark black, as well as a the lighest reach white. I don't know if you are using various leads but if you aren't you should consider investing in some pencils like an HB, 2B, & 4B. I think it would make your work improve even more and make your drawings stand out much more. Nevertheless, it is some nice work, keep it up.

Strange coincidence that every man whose skull has been opened had a brain.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yo darkchild wuzzhattnin

figured i stop by to check your shit outtt. dude you can draw babes very well, they look quite babeish if you know what i mean. I really liek how you seem to have a good number of finished works. one problem i have is that I can never seem to finish stuff, its pretty bad. I need to borrow some of your motivation.

as for crits, i would say in general that you should practice your line work. the inked pieces are very nice but in the pencil area, try to let your pencil flow over the paper and try to vary the line weight some.

your diligence is very inspiring.

take it easy.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3