Sketchbook: !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time - Page 32

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    YES!!!

::Insert "Buster Wolf" emoticon here::

It's as if you thought to yourself "Hmm... how can I get some more replies from Anid Maro in my sketchbook?" I'm a total sucker for 2D fighters, especially anything by SNK.

Great work on both the Street Fighter and Mai. The only critique I've got is that Mai's right forearm, the one in the air, looks too short and her bicep looks too long.

All of the practice you've done is really starting to shine lately. I suppose that eventually 16 pages of artwork has got to give some results, eh? Glancing through your first page, it's easy to see how you've improved by leaps and bounds from almost two years ago. Nice work.

-My work can be found at my local directory thread.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Envisor: Thanks for the continued patronage! I sketch on a 11x14 surface. The size is perfect. Large enough to do some great detail and small enough to be portable in a backpack. Working with a larger surface affords you the opportunity to show off some greater details, give it a try

Call0ps: Hey thanks for taking the time to look! I love those videogames as a kid and I still do. I was always in a rush to try out all the 2d fighters during that craze. I pumped so many quarters into those machines it's not even funny. I could have had a car if I saved all that money

Anid Maro: MUhahahahah!!! I know your weakness now... vengeance shall be mine Thats ok I've got a severe weakness for 2d fighters and 3d fighters as well. Love the art that some have portrayed and I thought I would have a go at it. Thanks for catching that arm. I see what you're talking about. I really hope the improvement is going the right direction. I appreciate confidence in my work. Thanks again!

Thanks to all who are hanging in there with me through all this comic stuff. I think someone requested more Batman. I did another Batman/Catwoman piece but a bit more intimate. Pencils this time. I didn't really get to the darker pencils but this is what I've come up with so far. If I get the time I'll go over this again with a 4b before I spray a finish on it.

Name:  2007-69.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  41.6 KB

!darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    hmm seems like I missed quite a bit ... that dog sketch is great and this one is great too though one boob looks bigger than the other

Sketchbook :: Blog

Trying is the first step towards failure.

Homer Simpson, The Simpsons

Thanks
    Your getting really good at drawing characters. Would like to see some originals soon. And maybe a creature or two, Ill be doing the same. This Batman And Cat woman piece..... Very intimate. Awwweeeee! Love is in the air in Gothom City I see. Keep it up.

Last edited by Envisor; March 15th, 2007 at 11:23 AM.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"- Albert Einstein

Eric wants to LEARN! Sketchbook

Thanks
    Nice job DC, the last 3 are awesome, especialy Chun Li's a$$.

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan

Thanks
    Hey DC, been a while since i have posted, nice to know you are still going with the comic stuff. It is looking good, my favorite lately is the Mai girl. Oh and the catwoman thing i knew that was black cat but for some reason when i was typing i put down catwoman.

"The headstrong may win many battles...
    But only the strong of heart will survive the war."

There is a tiger in the bathroom.

Back to the ol' sketchbook
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73485

Most recent sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=276220

Thanks
    Batman/Catwoman...nice!

Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Thanks
    I think maybe you should studdy anatomy more. I'm sure you already are studying some anatomy, but sometimes its god to get back to basics. And sometims your drawings tend to look a bit flat. maybe If you started adding more texture to them or maybe created a character of your own. I would realy like to se that. I'm kind of tierd of x-men and Batman. It's the only thing young comic artist draw.
    You read comics I take it. Did you ever pick up a number of Transmetropolitan or 100 bullets. I find them a hole lot more useful and inspiering than any X-Man comic. But maybe thats just me. I hope you dont think I'm a dick now. I did draw a lot of X-men and DangerGirls before I got tired of it. I like your skechbook and I hope to se somthing new and very Darkchild... ish.
    Cheers!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    OldNoobie: Yeah, you missed a couple. Thats ok as long as you still visit once in a while And that boob think, I think it's that odd angle. One arm is raised up causing one boob to be higher. But I think I tried to make it too round. But I was staying true to the original character. Oh well, I guess I'd better get back to studying boobs

Envisor: Thanks dude! I just got a sudden urge to draw that. It was a rushed piece because I wanted to get the idea on the page before I got bored or forgot. But as to my own characters I'll get some out for everyone. There has been a few requests so I'll do it!

n1va: Thanks!! I worked very hard on getting that ass too look right I'm not really happy about Ken and Ryu in the background though.

Ermac: Hey thanks for stopping by!! Yes I'm still doing the comic stuff but I'm going to move away from established characters to my own concepts soon. Hope you'll still come by and check my stuff out! I've always liked Mai as a character but this is the first time I've ever drawn her.

hylandr2: Thanks!! I got a quick inspiration and jumped on it

B-Man: Hey nice to hear from you again And no I don't think you're being a dick. I opened up this website because I wanted the opinions of other artists. I do listen to them because how can the voice of many be wrong? I do plan to get back into anatomy and figure drawings, just not at this time. I've gotten bored with the studies so I decided to take a little time off and get back into what I've always enjoyed doing. But more importantly I found that if I try and sketch without a ref I couldn't so I used that as an excuse to get back into comic art I read a lot of different comics ranging from X-Men (obviously) to Sin City and anime stuff as well. I love the art to all of them. I'm hoping to develop some style of art to call my own. As to developing concepts of my own, I'll get right on that!! Give me a week and I'll start posting my own stuff!!

Ok I hear what some are saying. I'll get right on ball with concepts of my own!! I do listen and appreciate all the comments in the thread. I don't know what I kind of concepts I'm going to come up with but bear with me as I trek through this stage as well. And yes, I'm going to be supplementing with some more figure and anatomy studies as well soon, but not right now. Alright here's a page of my own creations. Not very original, I know, but my own nonetheless. I got bored one night and didn't have an idea so I filled a sheet of paper up with nurses... naughty nures

Attached Images Attached Images  
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    KY Lube eh? Naught y nurses. My favorite kind of nurses. I really like how your first concept has turned out, hope to see more soon.

Grim Reaper is offline I stared into the void last night,best dream I ever had
    Thanks
    Nice one of batman hehe is catwoman holding on to something? I hope it's a sword This new comic book style- really cool. One question- do you spay your pics with something to preserve them? If so, what is it?

Thanks
    Envisor: Thanks! That nurses piece was more out of boredom. I'll get some actual better concepts out soon. I've got to post the rest of the work in line first. I haven't met a naughty nurse yet, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed

Grim Reaper: Thanks for the comments! Catwoman is actually holding onto her whip. It's coiled up in one hand. When I get time I spray Krylon Matte Finish on them. But only on the Bristol board. I'm afraid to spray it on regular paper. I haven't attempted it yet. I'll have to trial on a scrap paper. But the Bristol holds nicely because of it's thickness. There's a Gloss and a Matte finish. I didn't want the shine. Basically makes your pencils become permanent no more changes can occur. There is a Workable spray that offers a bit of more flexability. You can probably pick one of these sprays at a local all purpose drug store. Don't buy from an art store as they will charge you more for the same product. See photo below.

Here's the spray I use to keep the graphite from smearing on a finished piece:
    Name:  mattefinish.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  104.9 KB

Here's today piece. No introduction necessary. I thought it would make a nice patriotic drawing:
    Name:  2007-71.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  51.1 KB

Concepts coming soon! Be patient

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Ive been using Claybord fixative matte finish for mine. I need to get me a pencil carrying case like the one you showed there. Must be very useful, any other tools you use for your drawings?
    On your Supergirl piece. Ive got to say it gets harder and harder to see problems with your pieces. Especially in your comic style. I was also wondering if you use some ref for certain parts of the body, like the hair and the clothes. Or do you just spill these ideas onto paper as sketches and then decide to do a finished piece of one the figures.

Thanks
    nice supergirl sketch but watch the placement of the eye closest to the viewer, it is to far over and a bit too high. I have a tendency to do that too and usually don't notice until the end when it is too late.

Thanks
    Envisor: Yes the pencil case is very useful. I cut out the sections to make extra room since all I normally carry are pens and pencils. Aside from what I've pictured in the past I also carry Prismacolor Premier markers in 10% and 50% grey, tons of Sharpies, brush pens, fine tip rollerballs, .2 Microns and my lead holders... oh and of course my sharpener. To answer your question about the whether I use refs for my comic art, no I don't. That was the whole point of this exercise was to be able to draw anything without the use of refs. But what I do is practice the sketch in my SB (see below for examples). I'll draw multiple thumbnails or roughs. When I get it the one I like then I'll redraw on the good paper. When I hit a snag on a body part or position I'll go back to the SB and pratice it until it looks right. The Bristol surface is good but not entirely indestructible. I rather get it right on the first try then erase over and over. Thats where the handy SB comes in

OldNoobie: Thanks for that Good catch. I didn't even see that. It makes the face look a bit wide as well having the eye floating way off to the side. I obviously didn't practice this sketch enough.

For Envisor:

See in the lower corner where Supergirl was roughed in. Thats where I got the idea. You'll notice I changed her position when I got to the final stages.
    Name:  roughs22.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  31.5 KB

Here are some other roughs as well:

Aayla Secura from Star Wars:
    Name:  roughs23.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  29.7 KB
    Name:  roughs24.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  31.1 KB

Some Jill Valentine from Resident Evil. This one is an experiment with mixed media. Something I've been meaning to try, final piece to be posted next week:
    Name:  roughs25.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  27.0 KB

And here are some original concepts from me that you'll see later next week. I love noir style comics. So I made these to be somewhat dark (or will be):
    Name:  roughs26.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  27.3 KB
    Name:  roughs27.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  26.9 KB
    Name:  roughs28.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  37.7 KB

Have a nice weekend everyone!!

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Hey, you have some nice stuff in here. Good figurative work, but i feel like the contrast could be pushed a little more. maybe try inking them. I've been using "copic" brand markers, they are really good for inking, u should try to pick some up at the art store, they're expensive but so worth it. anyway, keep it up man, u have some good stuff in it.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Nice stylized comic book-esque images and composition. You remind me of my friends stuff...www.northchavis.com

anyway, keep it up.

-Stormcrow

Concepts and Cartography by Jared Blando

My professional Website:
    www.theredepic.com

Conceptual stream here on Conceptart:
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=240160

Sketchbook here on Conceptart:
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...64#post3437064

Thanks
    ArtZealot: Hey thanks for tip! I've been doing a bit of research about those Copic markers and they seem to be top quality. I'll be looking into them. As for my contrasts I'm slowly (very slowly) working up the courage to use darker pencils. I've inked a couple of pieces. I'm not that great at inking, so it may take a while for me to get the technique down.

Stormcrow135: Hey thanks for looking at my work. Appreciate the comments! I took a look at that link, your friend does great work! Very interesting style. Hope to hear from you again!

Here's to another Monday....

I don't have anything great to show off today. I did this piece a week or so ago. I moved on and didn't finish it but I'll post it here anyways. I had a ton of problems placing that left hand of his and making it look right. Any suggestion(s) would be greatly appreciated. I haven't forgotten about drawing up some of my own concepts, I'll be posting those up shortly.

Name:  2007-72.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  49.6 KB

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    My only suggestion is to not make his peck look like a dinner plate...

Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Thanks
    hylandr2: What up! Yeah, that pec does look too round doesn't it..? I think in all the years I've been neglecting male anatomy it's starting to catch up to me. Thats alright, I'm hanging up the traditional comic art to make way for my own creations. Just a few more to post.

Here's another unfinished idea. I've been a bit busy these past 2 weeks. I'm also drying out for ideas as well. Sad....

Anyways back to the unfinished piece. Suppose to be Aayla Secura from Star Wars. I rendered her and suddenly got an idea (at that point in time) for another sketch. I dropped this one like a hot potato and didn't look back. I may revisit in the future.

Name:  2007-73.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  52.4 KB

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Sorry its been awhile dude. My cousins kids are up here for the week and its really hard to get the chance to post any. Thx for the posts with the SB pages. I usually use the same technique when drawing my characters, but it seems you put more effort into getting it right. The Jedi is truning out cool, too bad it might be a while before you get back to it. But again, beautiful rendering and cant wait for more, and dont worry about coming by my SB everyday. Its a pleasure when you can because you are one of few that actually crit my work.

Thanks
    Nice ones!
    But I'm having proplem reading your roughs they are dark and wery soft.
    I'm glad you are drawing some of your own characters. Start putting some color on em! Would be really nice.
    DO IT, Do it!
    Cheers!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Envisor: Thanks for looking Thats ok, just visit this SB when you have time. I like to keep up on your progress as you go. I don't know about my "more effort" but I thank you for that. I have noticed that you've been laying down a better line. Keep on going with your studies!

B-Man: Thanks!! My roughs are very light and very fast. I just play with ideas in the SB and then sort it out at a later time. I'm going to take ArtZealots advice and find some good markers. I haven't been able to locate a shop in my town that carries Copic markers but I want to try them. I did a bit of research online and they seem to be a great product. Have you had any experience with them? I may start to lay some quick markers down if I can find some good markers to use

They following piece is the mixed media I've been screwing around with. I used Jill Valentine from Resident Evil for this experiment. Basically inks for outlines and major dark spots and then a 4b pencil for the rest of the rendering. I sprayed this with a finish so it wouldn't smear. I thought it yielded some pretty good results. Let me know if this is something I should keep on experimenting with. Or should I keep to one media when I draw?

Name:  2007-74.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  66.1 KB

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Here's my attempt at a Noir type setting. I wanted to create a dark mood in which the subject is reflecting on his thoughts. Too bad I didn't have a story or I would've added some word bubbles. I'll have some more concepts starting tomorrow hopefully. I'm getting some drawer's block so I may slow down for the next week or so.

Name:  2007-75.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  64.1 KB

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Grim Reaper is offline I stared into the void last night,best dream I ever had
    Thanks
    I really like that comic noir, I hope there is more coming! You have a very 'tidy' and 'clean' style of drawing which proves confidence and shows you know exactly what you want to achieve... Jill Valentine's picture is a great example. Looking at it I see exactly what I'm suppsosed to see. It's a good thing I believe. My drawings are sometimes all over the place and very chaotic...
    Also I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your own stuff, naybe some character concepts?
    Keep it up mate!

Thanks
    seems like i've missed a hell of a lot since i last wandered through here, your comic book drawings are just getting better and better! you've got your rendering style down nicely too. an as for your impreza, damn tasty dude! was that a huge great trophy i spotted by the side of it?

"Put Away those Fiery Biscuits!"

Thanks
    Grim Reaper: Thanks for the vote of confidence I appreciate that. My favs with this style Frank Miller and Tim Sale (when he worked on Death Blow). I have a long ways to go, but that last noir piece was meant to be just that, simple but conveys the mood (hopefully). Jill Valentine was suppose to be a trial on mixed media. I think it turned out pretty good to warrant another run. I may chose my next piece to trial this again. Character concepts on the way... actually there are some preliminary concepts below.

cherryworx: Hey there! Nice to see you back Yeah, I think the last time you wrote in here was when I was on my figure/anatomy studies kick. Yeah, I've wandered away and got back to comic style illustrations. I'm trying to bring over what I've learned from my studies. And, yes, thats my show car/ daily driver. Unfortunately that trophy was from my last car. I haven't won anything with this one yet. But still many, many more shows to come Thanks for your comments, hope you'll come back and visit soon!!

Alright, well I promised concepts so here are some preliminary stuff. The first two are warmups, going back to basics as B-Man suggested. Then after a bit of messing around I got an idea for a character and setting so I started to rough in a pose and then accessories. I'll have some more next Monday. Also I got a new SB. This is 100% recycled fibers so it has a nice brownish color. Perfect for using a white pencil on!! Too bad that art store I went to didn't have any larger sizes. I'm now use to 11x14.. heck even a 9x12 would've been nice.

Some warm ups before I strain something
    Name:  roughs29.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  44.9 KB

Warm ups, but started to get an idea for a concept character.
    Name:  roughs30.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  50.1 KB

Started to rough in some more ideas for poses
    Name:  roughs31.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  47.7 KB

Accessories details.. Yes, she is going to be another gun toting babe!!
    Name:  roughs32.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  46.4 KB

Have a great weekend everyone!! I'll be back on Monday to post more!

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    ooh likin that sketch book! i think a trip to the art store is in order when i get paid! i intend to be a regular visitor now that i've settled in my new job an i got a regular supply of that life giving internet.

"Put Away those Fiery Biscuits!"

Thanks
    Hey dude. Nice sketches once again. Cant wait to see the finished gun toting babe. The noir piece turned out great and you got the setting and mood quite right for it. Would like to see more.

Thanks
    that looks like a sketchbook I would like nice preliminary sketches too

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3