Page 32 of 102 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Heya. I'm really liking your rendering. It really defines the form, especially in 50. In the gratuitous ass shot there's something wrong with the lighting , unless theres a spotlight shinning right at the ass =p. As for the faces, focus on the perspective and placement of the features, and I think there will be a great improvement. Have a nice day.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    klys: Thanks for coming back. That gratuitous ass shot was just for fun. I wasn't focusing on anything except the (ass!!) fun of sketching I'll be watching the anatomy issues closely in my future sketches. Thanks for checking on me.

#53 another G.A.S. (gratuitous ass shot):
    Attachment 12529

Well, just call me Tinto Brass!
    Hopefully I can figure out how to make the thumbnail larger.
    !darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Its always nice to see another nekkid lady.
    Nice work.
    Values are getting a lot more solid looking

Keep pushing your comfort zone - do what you think will be hard for you, and if you learn something from it, it will be worth it, no matter what the first few finished products look like.

Get on board the anatomy train!

You don't need no ticket,
    just get on board...

keep rocking
    "It is like a finger pointing to the moon; do not concentrate on the finger of you will miss all that heavenly glory."
    - Bruce Lee

My Funky Sketchbook
    check it out

Thanks
    Love what I am seeing from you, I will withhold crits until my lazy ass posts more, lol.

Thanks
    Btw, #52 is awesome, the halo effect around the ribcage area really pops and defines it, nice work

Thanks
    Nallen: Hey there, thanks for looking at my update. Thanks to you and everyone else I've been experimenting in darker values. I must say I really enjoy it. The hard part for me is visualizing the amount of dark and light and then getting them blended to create shadow. Then there's the tone of the paper to take in account. But like I said it's been really fun experimenting. My anatomy could always use more work. Thank you for keeping up with me

gilgamesh36: Thank you for visiting my humble SB. I would really like to see you post more work. The initial post is great! Especially the owl, love the pencils on that one. I hope you have more work that looks like that. Thanks for the comment on #52, as you can see I love value and contrast, and tend to use it in all my pieces. Please check back, I'll be checking your SB for updates

#54, ref'd:
    Attachment 13008
    I was really trying to bring out the wet surface of her skin.
    The face is a bit off I just noticed..*grumble*
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend

#55 ref. Was trying to capture the oiled skin:

More tomorrow!

*edit* ok now I see how this attachment tool works. If you upload your image(s) and don't attach them into the post then the larger image is shown, if you do the thumbnails show...
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Hey, thanks for stopping by my sketchbook and commenting!

You have a really good sketchbook going -- it shows well your great improvement over time. Plus, your shading's coming along very nicely! Oh, and I really like the virtual girl drawing (and the warrior one below it)... You should keep working on facial proportions -- I think you're almost there!

Keep up the good work! =)

Thanks
    irina: Thank you for taking the time to visit. I certainly enjoyed looking through your work so far. Just make sure to keep posting! I appreciate the comments you have given me. As to my proportion, keep checking I'm always on a mission to improve what I do.

I want to apologize, I was going to post but I forgot that I was working at both my jobs on Monday. So I ended up working from 9a-1130p. I came home and crashed!! Anywas I hope to get some good crits on this next piece. I spent a good hour on it trying to get the values correct. Thanks to all who have visited, even if no comment was left. Appreciate everyone's support, and I credit my progress to all who have gave me helpful critiques

*edit* Just ordered 2 Conceptart.org t-shirts! I'm late, I know....

#56 ref, again trying to work with more values than line:
    Last edited by darkchild; August 22nd, 2006 at 03:02 PM.
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    boobs! love em', naked people rock. great bowling score too, stud. no real crits, just keep on practicing- you'll be a rockstar in no time

Thanks
    Oh wow, it had been a while since I visited, you're working faster then I am right now! I guess I'm stuck on more detailed things these days. I love the last few you've done, when you work from ref there is a definite improvement especially in the full body shots. The angel laying down makes me want to grab the tablet and color again, you already know something is not right with the face though.

On your first gratuitous ass shot with the devil gil the hand are incorrect, more precisely the thumbs are not placed correctly. However the image is very classic looking.

#56 great job in the upper part of the pic, I especially like how you handled the arm she has raised up. Lower things are not as good though but not enough of the image is there for me to tell what's wrong exactly. The curve of her body doesn't seem right.

#55 is one of your best drawings here, it looks wet, you succeeded.

#54 love the reflections on the arm, something still not right with the face though. I guess more practice is needed. I find what works with female faces is using as little lines as possible and the darker values only on the lips, eyes and bottom of nose, the rest should be light borders and suggestions of curves. Anyways, that's what works for me at least, maybe I shouldn't be giving advice tho cause my faces get torn to crap too sometimes. I run into issues because I use too few curves.

Thanks for the advice on how to make the immages simply appear in the post and not as thumbnails. I think they're going to fix this soon, attaching used to work fine until the last couple of days when everything switched to thumbnails. I don't like the thumbnails right now either.

Thanks
    sith: Thanks for props. Well there are no shortages of naked people in here.... well mainly women. I'm still going strong with the drawing, please check back on my progress. Thanks again

n1va: Thanks for coming back. Still working away on my faces. I can do an ok job when the face is the only subject in my work, but when I combine it with the body somehow it fails. I'm still working on it and hopefully get it right one of these tries. Thanks for the suggestion on female faces, I'm going to give it try very soon. Keep drawing!

#57 ref'd, got lazy and didn't really finish:
    Attachment 14668

Also this one was purely for fun, no focus on anatomy or features
    Attachment 14670

Thanks for looking everyone! I'm patiently waiting for my Conceptart.org t-shirts, I'll post a pic of me wearing it.
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Hey hon!! It's been awhile since I've stopped by. You're rapidly improving, and it's well deserved seeing as how you're working very hard for it!! I really like 79a.jpg and 82a.jpg. Great great stuff. Keep it up!! You're an inspiration to us all to get off our butts and get to work! (I'm gonna do that NOW!)
    Cobi

"If you're nose deep in sh*t, keep your mouth closed."-Henry Fonda

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Site

Thanks
    Cobi: Hey nice to see you back in my SB. It's been a while. Thanks for the props. I have indeed been getting myself to be more observant and study values and faces. I hope it pays off. Still a long ways to go. I really hope you will continue to do your wonderful works and post. Please visit

Well one more for the night. I was called into my other job tomorrow morning so it looks like another long ass day for me going between two jobs.. I won't post again until Friday morning. Anyways I hope you'll like this next study. I decided to try a more neutral lighting instead of the 1 point stuff I usually do.

Attachment 14881

See you all later.
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    hey dark, i'm back online, and the first thing i see is that you are still a busy man ,i don't have any comments on your body's they're great (sexy to)
    but i think your faces can improve, why don't you try to make some portrets??? (i know i'm no expert but it might help )
    best of luck and keep posting

Page 32 of 102 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 ... LastLast