Page 32 of 118 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 ... LastLast

Thread: !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

Thanks
    Oh yeah, nice mechs DC, do you do any 3D? Modeling robots and mechanical things is the easiest way to jumpstart yourself into 3D
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Sup dc,

great updates mate, 'specially the mechs. Think you should pay more attention to the structure of the face, like those mechs. Simplify things in temrs of 3-dimensional shapes before getting too deep into the rendering!

Sketchbook doodles are nice and loose, keep that up mate!
    ciao

- d.

Thanks
    Hello there. Thanks for the advice you left in my sb. Always in need of those. Be veeeery careful with your placement... Sometimes the eyes you draw seem to wander a bit. You've improved a lot and that's the most important thing. Will have to keep my eyes on your work frequently in the future. Will be seeing you.

Thanks
    Nice development you've got going on here. I particularly like that recent doodle you did on the two boxers, I should do something like that too.

I really like comic art as well. Any particular artist that you take influence from?

Thanks
    Finally!! I was trying to access my thread and it wouldn't let me. Had to restart and it worked. Anyways...:

n1va: Whats up! I've done 3D in AutoCAD before but nothing with any other programs. I don't know the first thing to 3D though. Thanks for checking in with me. Your work looks like it's coming along great. I'm liking all the new life sketches you have. Keep it up

demented: Thanks for visiting I do those SB doodles while I'm at work. Keeps me awake for those slow times. I'm glad you like the mechs, I was really into them from middle to highschool. I should start doing some doodles of mechs again in my SB. Yeah, thats what I'll do tonight. Thanks for dropping by with the comments, I'll take your suggestions into account with new studies.

Placeboast: Thanks for coming in My faces are coming along slowly. Not just my eyes but I gotta work on the whole face itself. I'm still not pleased with my results yet. I'll get it one of these days Thanks for checking up on me. Keep up with your awesome studies as well. I see you have greatly improved from when I last visited!

JERI: Thanks for writing When I was in highschool I was heavily into Jim Lee, Marc Silvestri, Jae Lee (especially 'cause he had a very unique style that artists at that time didn't have), and Campbell (Gen 13 fame). Campbell sucked at anatomy when the first Gen 13 comic came out imho. But there was a drastic improvement to his style of women later. Jim Lee was awesome, he just draws well. Especially when he did the first few issues of Deathblow. But now I don't even read comic books anymore. Not that I don't like them, just that I don't have time. Thanks for dropping by

#39 heres another no ref:
    Attachment 8299

I was trying to stylize this a tiny bit with the little knowledge that I've gained in the last few weeks from my face studies.

....and another doodle page from my SB. This is what I look like after the ball leaves my hand
    Attachment 8300

Well more tomorrow!
    !darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Hello Darkchild seems you are a new artist when drawing faces lately, like #37 looks about your best face with no ref, looks pretty much real. I also like shadows and everything on #35, but nothing beats the boxer sketches. I dont know i just really like martial arts all that stuff, but still women are always good. Seems like we both had the same problem of not being able to get on our sketchbooks early. I started a new sketchbook because i couldn't get on my you should check it out some time.
    "The headstrong may win many battles...
    But only the strong of heart will survive the war."

There is a tiger in the bathroom.

Back to the ol' sketchbook
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73485

Most recent sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=276220

Thanks
    Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook. You've got some awesome stuff here, I love the studies on the parchment paper. You've improved a lot since your first page too. I don't really have anything else to say, you seem to be on the right track from what I can tell!

Thanks
    Ermac: Thanks for visiting. I took a look at your new SB. Love the new sketch you placed up. Very well done. Thanks for the props on my faces, I've been working hard on improving them somehow. If you like the boxer sketches I can do more. I always loved martial arts movies, Jet Li, Donnie Yen and Jackie Chan to name a few. I'm fluent in Cantonese so watching them is a lot easier See you around.

linranae: Thanks for looking through my SB. Appreciate the comment and visit anytime. I will continue to work on my studies.

Ok one more for the weekend. Everyone have a great weekend!

#40 no ref:
    Attachment 8492

..and Ermac if you're looking these are for you:
    Attachment 8493Attachment 8494
    Attachment 8495
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Hope everyone had a great weekend. I was forced to work over the weekend... effing low seniority. So no bowling for me Well between work and the gunman in Downtown Seattle I managed to get a several sketches done. I'll be posting them up soon.

#41 no ref again... horrible face though, nose is too long.
    Attachment 9217

I sketched this over the weekend with a ref,
    Attachment 9218

Alright more for tomorrow.
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Wow, noticable improvement. The F1 pic is very cool, and #35 is probably my favorite drawing of the human form by you. Love the yellow paper.

Thanks
    Herro, Darkchild nice girls as always, the car pretty much looks real, and thx for posting more martial arts stuff. I seen the sketches of the martial arts and it reminded me of a movie i think you should watch, its called Ong Bak Tai warrior, the stunts are all real and the fighting is great. I liked it a lot, they say hes the next jackie chan, but still hasnt come over to america yet.
    ok...bye bye now
    "The headstrong may win many battles...
    But only the strong of heart will survive the war."

There is a tiger in the bathroom.

Back to the ol' sketchbook
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73485

Most recent sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=276220

Thanks
    39 and 40 are nice and the race car is super cool. Nice use of the toned paper.
    Gilead Artist on Facebook and Twitter
    website

Thanks
    Nice shading and tonal work you are doing. Question: What kind of paper is that mid-tone brown you are working on and what medium are you using?
    ...a perpetual plan for discovery days,where everyone can take part in "purposeless play".
    My Sketch 'em up book!!
    My Blog/portfolio site- purposelessplay.com/blog

Page 32 of 118 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 ... LastLast