Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

Thanks

Hi

I like them drawings but sometimes I think you work harder with them bodies then the heads. mmm bodies...
    I would like to se one were you losen up alittle maby doesent overwork them...
    Good job by the way!

Do you work with photo reference?
    Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Yo Dark, me again.
    Stuff is looking good, i see clear progress here man. Dont stop drawing these girsl yet please They are nice to look at. My advice is get them down solid, hehe then move to other stuff.
    I like the style you used on the two last with the shading and the thin lines, looks nice. The anatomy is getting closer and way better its cool to see - the faces still need some work but not much really. I think your problem might be the noses? I tried to fix one of them on your drawing, done with my mouse so its a bit crabby, just removed a line and some of the shadow really, small time(just tell me to remove it if you mind it)

!Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

make those noses go up in the sky when you point them down they seem a bit long. Her arms are a bit long too and the other girls hand is big dude big
    The lightning on both is very nice.

Thanks
    Sorry everyone. I'll try to respond quicker. I'm always working.

Darktwin: Thanks for the comment. I'll will get some more women up from different parts of the world. I'm working on one right now. As soon as I finish (and get some time away from work) I'll be posting.

hylandr2: Thanks for writing. I did notice a piece with nothing but lips on it. Great advice, I'm still evolving my technique, your comment will be put to great use. Thanks.

Masayasu: Hey, I know I draw too much of the same stuff all the time. But you know me. I love the female human body. I will start drawing some other stuff like I use to in high school. Remember the mechs and stuff?

Cobi: Thanks for the kind words. You are sooooo right, nothing more beautiful than the female body, which is why I keep coming back to it and try to get the shape perfect. The problem with PS is that I'm not any good at it. I try to shade and color but you have seen some of my previous work. When I color in the program it seems like it's too artificial. I love rendering cars on it. But if you want to see more, I'll see what I can do. And you're right, that is a 68' Camaro, unfortunately it's not mine Oh and the inverted nipple, I think she was born with it

B-Man: I try to give each part of the body the same treatment. But you're right, I do work on the bodies more. But I'm still learning, I'll get a decent sketch where all parts of the body are worked on equally. And to your comment of "loosen" up a bit? Are you referring to the poses, or my sketching? I work with photo references sometimes. But because I've been focused sketching the same stuff all the time it's been embedded into my mind. But I when I surf the net or browse a magazine I'll always look out for a great pose or great clothing (or lack of) that just stands out. I'll clip it or copy it for future sketching.

Fellah: Nice to hear from you again. I don't mind if you put your thoughts in, thats why I'm here in the first place. What doesn't kill me can only make me stronger right? Starting the curve higher does make the nose seem shorter. Also softens up here face some as well. Thanks for the tip.

OK, as always I'll be posting again soon. But my work schedule is killing me. To all that wrote me from the last post I'll be keeping your comments in my head while I sketch. I'll post some more women because the public demands it and get some more varied pieces up here. Thanks to everyone who took the time to look and comment. Please check back often.
    !darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks

Hello again.

Working with photo referense on layout and angels are great, and of course it gets mixed with your own style. What I ment with losen up i ment your sketching. You could maby try to clean up your lines and maby even skip some of the shading and concentrate on the contrast more. Less grey

I think you got great skills with bodies but about 70% of the feelings I get out of a character drawing is from the face and expression. So ceep on drawing and consentrate on t he overall picture, like you have been doing, and it will come with time!

I like your thread! so I'll be back...
    See you!
    Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    B-Man: I appreciate your comment. I'm starting to get the feel for expressions a tiny bit more. Back in the past my style has always been just straight line art, very little shading, partly because I didn't know how to render at all. But now I'm getting a bit better at it from studying real photos. I love contrasting light and dark. There has always been a real attraction about that, more of a mysterious feel to the character when I add high levels of dark areas. I don't know, I'm just rambling now. I will be putting your feedback to good use. Your comment was just in time. I'm working on another sketch (surprise, it's another woman!) I'll keep some cleaner lines this time.

Ok, I submit to you the following sketch. Feel free to analyze it, leave me some good constructive crits. As long as it's constructive don't be afraid to just tell me how it is (like Fellah). I'm open to ideas. Later

I had a decent night at work and decided to put part of my down time to this piece. I should have rendered the design on the dress better, but in between calls I had to do the best I could. I work too damn much not enough time to sketch.
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Looks good, but here are a couple of things. For her proportions her breasts are large, which is ok, but they are lacking volume. From the light source, you need a bit more shadow underneath. Right now, the bust portion of the dress looks like it is in the same plane as her waist area. Her right are is also getting lost in the lighting on the plant leaf. Even with the lighting you are trying to depict, there would be more value difference between her arm, which would be a lighter than the illuminated green leave. That's my take. The better artists here might tell me I'm wrong. Keep going. You are making my want to draw more women....
    Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Thanks

Well then...

I think this is good stuff and I agree with hylandr2 you should ceep on with the lighting maby look at some black and white pictures in underwear ads, they got great lighting.
    I think this face is your best, you didnt overdo it. The only thing with it is just what i would have done different, the yaw its kinda broad. I would have gone for a thinner jaw, but thats maby just me...
    Good jobb man Keep em coming!
    Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Hey bud! So I like this one, too!! The face is one of the best ones I've seen you do so far, killer!

I don't draw bodies or do stuff close to what you do, so I hope I'm not steppin on anyones toes when I want to give advice. hehe. The ONLY thing I noticed about your bod is the shoulders seem kinda small to me. Or maybe it's the muscle from the neck to the shoulder is too big? or the neck is too long? I think all 3. If one of them was changed it would bring it together just a tad bit more.

Anyways, I really like your women. Keep it up!! (HEHE!)
    Cobi

"If you're nose deep in sh*t, keep your mouth closed."-Henry Fonda

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Site

Thanks
    hylandr2: Thanks for the crit. Yeah, I was going to shade the area underneath here breast for more volume, but I thought well thats going to cover up the nice pattern I'm working on. Actually the original showed more shading. I think I didn't properly adjust the contrast and levels. Keep drawing your women. I'm still waiting for the Harley Quinn piece you've ben talking about.

B-Man: Good to hear from you. You're right the jaw is little broad. But while I was sketching this piece I tried a variety of different jaws on her. This one actually looked the best to me. Her overall anatomy was on the thicker side, she's not skin and bones, I just wanted to add some more roundness to her face to balance everything out.

Cobi: Alright back again to crit my work. When I was sketching her I had a slightly bigger head on those shoulders. After I fixed everything I noticed that the head was too big. She would have looked like a bobble-head. So I scaled it down a bit, but didn't think to move the head lower. But She has a nice sexy neck to me. I wouldn't mind..... wait, this is the wrong forum for that

Well, I'm back again. Here's a totally new sketch for you critics to destroy. I did use a photo reference for this. And I know I said I was going to get away from all this pinup work.... but this particular pic had such great rendering values I couldn't resist. The challenge was to make the bright spots bright and the darker areas more dark and everything in between. I cropped off all the dead space. I wanted to experiment with contrasting values in light. Ignore the background, I was just putting that in for last minute sketching. This sketch looks way better in person. I did my best to adjust this in PS. I have a computer with an XBrite screen so even light sketches show up easily. But I viewed my work on my other dell and I could hardly see anything. So this sketch is adjusted for viewing on all screens. As always let me know your thoughts, I will be taking them in my next piece. Later

!Darkchild! - Back for a limited time !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

!Darkchild! - Back for a limited time !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

Now I zoomed in on some key areas. I hope to show you some of the rendering up close. I tried to get as much detail in shading as I could. But once again adjusting the levels kind of messed it up. But I wanted to show you the patterns in here shorts and the hard shadow lines in the shoulders. Sorry her face has to be dark because of where the light is coming from.

.... enjoy.....
    Last edited by darkchild; May 28th, 2005 at 04:48 AM.
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    hehe hey man, im not planning on destroying it
    i have some crits tho sorry
    I really love the legs, feet, shoes and pants...damned sexy stuff the way you turned the left leg(bg leg)is very nicely done!
    But - hehe - the upperbody do have some flaws. It is way too long. Most pinupartist make the legs longer than real life to give them a sexy look, which you did well too, but never such a long upperbody or torso (bad english). She would need some really big stomachmuscles to hold that long torso in such a pose .And what is that strange hole she has in the stomach just before the breast? I would end the torso just about where you did the shoulder shading on back i think. MInd the difference of lenght on the arms a bit more too. The front arm is very long - well because you had to draw it all the way from the shoulder placed somewhere near the moon, hehe just kidding man and touching the knee. Take a look at how small it makes the other arm look. If the paper ended there, just draw the arm going out of it - its better to draw a good looking arm, where you cant see the entire arm, then force it into the drawing making it look a bit wrong. I often hit the end of the paper and try to make it look like it was entended Make some cropped stuff come from the oppersite side of the background, like a tree or something - would balance it off ( make any sence?)Her face is a tad too big and the ear - im always looking for the ears, lol, is too small. When i draw ears i make them follow the top of the eyebrow and the bottom of the nose - dunno if its the right way to do it, but it looks right. Also i make the lips end at the middle of the eyes on both sides. Following some lines i have made in my head makes it much easier for me. The wrist on the hand on the head is very thin.
    sorry for being such a nerd.
    The lighning and shading is sweet man! And those pants are killing me Them legs too...hmmm. really good. get past some small flaws we all do, and you are gonna make killer drawings!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    I really like the way you made the arms kinda "gummy".. mm.. gummy bears..

anywho, yeah, you've depicted the not-so-real-realistic chick!! I love it!

Don't stop with the pinups!! why oh why? I'd like to see you do some classic pinup girls.. like betty page era. there's something about their faces that I think you'd do extremely well.

So long my friend!
    Cobi

"If you're nose deep in sh*t, keep your mouth closed."-Henry Fonda

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Site

Thanks
    Hey DC, Fellah pretty much said it all. What I would do, as an excercise is put htis piece away for a week or so. Do some other stuff focusing on what Fellah said. Then, come back and rework this one (do you have a light box, I have a cheap way to build one if you don't). Rework it with following the excercises you did for the last week. You'll have a totally new perspective.
    Later
    Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Thanks
    Hey there Dc!

I really like your pencils, my favorite one must be this one

She really looks vampy in a way, and thats a great thing hehe

I can clearly se progress in your work, especially the facial area, need some work but it's definatly going the right way, looking forward to see more of your stuff dude!

Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast