Sketchbook: !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time - Page 11
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: !Darkchild! - Back for a limited time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchild
    #9 COD still going strong!

Hey DC,
    I think I see a problem that is somewhat consistent in your face drawings. I did a little redraw of this girl's face. (Actually, I liquified it in PS.) You are missing the contour of the face in a 3/4 view that is caused by the cheek bone and the sunken in eye socket. Compare these two and let me know which one you think shows better contours.

Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hylandr2: I see where you are going with that change. To me it looks like her cheek bones are really pronounced. It looks good but it looks a bit weird to me. Maybe a more subtle curve would be better. Something in between what I sketched and your correction. Thanks for looking.

Sorry no sketches tonight. But as some of your may know I'm a bowler. Darkchild has been my bowling name for 6 years now. I did pretty well over the past Sunday at the alley. So heres a screen shot of my score:

Sorry for the huge pic, I had a 204 average after 9 games. Started with a 258 and ended with a 228.

!darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It does look like you are improving, keep going your anatomy studies as I don't think your figures are there yet. Also, your anatomy studies looked a bit off. So when you do your studies, try to be as accurate as possible. You have some nice designs going on. Keep on posting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congratulations on the bowling scores, not bad, you would be a worthy adversary

Strange coincidence that every man whose skull has been opened had a brain.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Smitherines: Thanks for stopping by. My anatomy has always been a bit off. Probably because I don't practice as much as I really should. I'll continue to post when I get some fresh ideas

IIlooney: Thanks for the congrats. I normally average about 180. I take it you're a bowler as well? What do you average?

Thanks to hylandr2 I'm on the 6th page. Thanks to everyone who continue to look at this humble sketchbook. Even though my art has slowed down (a lot) I'm glad you are all taking the time to still look and critique my work. I'm trying to get back on track with my art.

Right after I scanned this I noticed some inherent problems with the left arm. I should have rotated the hand a bit towards her face. The way it looks now is too flat and boring. I was too lazy to fix so I'll just move onto my next sketch See you all later!

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey,

looks like your improving, and im likin the last update. Maybe the left hand does looks weird, but o well ! And btw, thanks for the comment in my sb, and the answer to your question, im good thanks u?

Qxzi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Qxzi: Thanks for writing. I'm glad to see you're still going strong with your work.

For all you rear end fans. Nothing too elaborate. I like the angle and look on her face.

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey,

nice girl . Maybe the bum needs some shading to it. Following the form. Hows your cars doing? Im always interested

Qxzi

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Great Female drawing!, keep it up, and draw alot from
    reference! I havent look at your other page, but I can see some skills
    in here ! great work !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good stuff Darkchild, good stuff.

Your work makes me want to practice my drawing even more - I'm still working on drawing hair.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry I haven't posted anything in a long time. I've been too busy with visiting family and other personal events. My new car just got hit. So I'm going through the whole accident process again. But at least this time I don't need to get a new car. My art has suffered a bit due to lack of ideas. I'll be posting something new soon. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to look at my humble works.

Qxzi: Thanks for the comment. And yes the ass needs a bit more shading. I don't know what I was thinking when I was rendering this one. I hope all is well with you. But on a sadder note, someone hit my car by turning left from a right had lane about 4000$ worth of damage. Got hit on the rear quarter and the door on the passenger side. I'll be getting fixed after the car show at the end of this month. The car is still driveable.

Dile: Hi, thanks for the props. Feel free to check out the other pages when you have some time. Thanks

Darkshadowgrey: Thanks for writing again. Say wheres the link to your artwork? I'd be interested in seeing your progression. How's the 'Stang?

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude, youve improved a lot through your sb. Keep at it your on your way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Darkchild wrote: Darkshadowgrey: Thanks for writing again. Say wheres the link to your artwork? I'd be interested in seeing your progression. How's the 'Stang?[/QUOTE]

I'm not worthy yet bro to throw any of my work up on here. Man I do like looking at all of your work - it gets me drawing and that's why I follow this thread of yours. As for the stang, all new suspension going in next week.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Asgardian: Thanks for writing with the kind words. Unfortunately I haven't been keeping up with my art. But I'm still working at it. Please look again.

darkshadowgrey: Thanks for the compliment, but I think you should at least post your works and studies anyways because we all would like to see your progression. I for one would like to see your work. Hope you post some pics of your new suspension on Car Domain.

Well I saw this on a magazine cover and it inspired me to sketch this:

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, I haven't seen your sketch book for awhile (not alwasy sure its work-safe) but it looks like you are improving so much. I will have to check in more often. Keep it up dude.

Talk to ya later.

M

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey,

good little little update . Now you just have to shade it! Sorry about your car man! Damn to that guy you went into it, hope it gets fixed quickly! Keep me updated about it ! Im always interested

Qxzi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Masayasu: Thanks for writing. Yeah I know some of my stuff are a bit risque. Do check in once in a while.

Qxzi: The incident with my car sucks. Now I'm without it for about 8 days. Hopefully I can get it back by the end of this week. I'm tired of being left at the light Keep checking back. I know I don't update very much anymore. But as soon as I get some inspiration I'll get back on track.

Well not a great update, but I just saw this movie called The Tube. It's a Korean action flick. It's very well made and the action is off the hook. This movie looks like the Asian version of Speed but way way better. Anyways the following doodle was inspired from the movie. This was a scene early in the movie that I thought was a very cool shot. I already know that there are some depth problems with the sketch. I did this at my one of my jobs in between customers walking in.

Here's the other project I've been working on. I managed to stitch together my very own sketcbook/journal. It took about 3 days to complete between the sewing and the glue drying. I got some vinyl leather and covered it. I made this the simple ghetto way because the real way was just way too much work. I thought that it would be cool to sketch in something that I've made myself. I plan to make another one but bigger. The pages are parchment from Office Depot and the end sheets are Vellum from the Paper Zone. I also made a small pocket on the back cover very similar to the Moleskine notebooks.

Next to it is my new toy, a TMobile MDA phone and Nokia headset.
    If you look closely the Conceptart webpage is loaded.

Well let me know how I did or if you want more pics.

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks for visiting my book, thought Id return the favour. Loads of lovely ladies in this thread, Im a big fan of pin up art.

That The Tube inspired sketch looks great, you could do some (simple) backrounds more often to give an indication of space. Lines are superb, now fill your new sketchbook and post some more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    taxman: Thanks for hittin me up. I'm glad you like the pinup art because I don't plan to stop anytime soon. If you haven't been to Gilead's thread (which I find hard to believe because he posts everyday) he has excellent pinup art. My depiction of space needs a lot of work, please check back from time to time.

Well I got the inspiration to sketch a bit here's some works from this week.

A concept vehicle. Been playing Burnout:Revenge a bit too much lately.

Some more exercises in backgrounds

Name:  35a.jpg
Views: 978
Size:  26.4 KB

...and my usual pinup.

Last edited by darkchild; June 22nd, 2006 at 03:36 AM.
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Name:  36a.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  26.0 KB

Last edited by darkchild; June 22nd, 2006 at 03:16 AM.
    !darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Darkchild, the composition on #12 is very nice. You have a good usage of contrast in this one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

What?

This may make me sound stupid or something but what should i use to color my drawings like your doing? Photoshop?

"The headstrong may win many battles...
    But only the strong of heart will survive the war."

There is a tiger in the bathroom.

Back to the ol' sketchbook
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73485

Most recent sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=276220

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hylandr2: Thanks for the props. How's your art coming along. I haven't seen any new works from you for a while. I hope you haven't stopped. Not that I can really talk, I've stopped posting for a long while. Please visit often, I appreciate your input.

Ermac: Thanks for writing. Hey, wheres your sketchbook? I would love to see some of your works. I personally use Photoshop 7. But you can use whatever you feel comfortable. I use to use Prang colored pencils but I enjoy PS7 more. I hear a lot of artists on this forum uses Painter. I've never used it but judging from the posts around here the program looks great in terms of color and brush types. I use a WACOM laptop to color my pieces. You may look into a WACOM tablet for your computer. I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me more questions. I hope to see some of your work on here soon.

lucky #13....

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey nice pinups in here... You seem to be good with ye old 2 light setup rendering. Have youtried adjusting these in photoshop using the liquify tool, to touch up the anatomy proportions issues? That could do tons. Keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jmBoekestein
    Hey nice pinups in here... You seem to be good with ye old 2 light setup rendering. Have youtried adjusting these in photoshop using the liquify tool, to touch up the anatomy proportions issues? That could do tons. Keep it up.
    I personally wouldn't recommend this. Using PS liquify as a tool to learn where you went wrong is a great idea, but putting out a substandard drawing and then just arbitrarily liguifying it and then saying "Look at how good I did" won't teach you how to appropriately modify the next sketch to be correct.

As far as not posting, I have been doing life sketches and spending alot of time on the work from my OLD MASTERS painting class. Once I finish a few of my Herbert Draper repros, I will post them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    jmBoekestein: Thanks for visiting my SB. I appreciate your input. I may give it a try in PS. But for right now I'm trying to focus on getting the anatomy right from the start. Apparently I'm still in need of more practice. I was wondering if you could point out the problem areas in my sketches if you have a chance. Anyways, that woman on the pillar is just way too cool. I love the style and the fact that it's in greyscale ( I love greyscale art ) makes the piece stand out for me!

hylandr2: Thanks for looking. I agree with you on your point. Can't wait to see your paintings. I'm sure they will be very well done.

OK, so apparently Photobucket is deleting a bunch of my images for nudity. So if you happen to peruse through my SB and find "this image is in violation of terms" sign then that is the result. So because of that I will no longer be using Photobucket for my nude stuff. But I've never noticed that you can attach pics to your posts through conceptart. Thanks Mindflaw for pointing that out to me so here is my first attemp to use this feature.

Name:  38a.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  34.3 KB

yeah!! it works!!

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your sketchbook up till this point is very cohesive, which is nice. But I might recommend that as a future project, you maybe break down your subjects into smaller pieces. By which, I mean it might benefit you to do a page or two of hand studies and a few face studies, because when most of your drawings are of almost whole figures, things like faces, feet, and hands, can end up losing out.

I think that might help you out monumentally. And frankly all artists really should do that every so often. I probably should be doing that right now.

Keep up the good work.

-Justin.

Carver Kids(tripleawesome)

My Book

Jason's book

Scott's Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Forearms are way too long on the last one. It should not be more than the heighth of the head from the elbow to the wrist.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Capt. Sklar: Thanks for your input. I agree with you. I did a few studies a couple of pages back on arms, chest and back... but I got a bit bored and wanted to get back into my regular routine. Maybe if i supplement the studies in between my pinups. Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it.

Hylandr2: You are right of course. I did notice that after I got it scanned. I'm thinking I should step back and look at my work as I'm going along instead of rushing. Maybe I'll catch some of these errors and correct them before they make it onto this forum. Thanks.

Name:  39a.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  32.2 KB

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A study of shadow.

Name:  40a.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  27.1 KB

!darkchild!

darkchild's sketchbook

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3