Thanks

Metal Gear Solid 4! E3 trailer!

woohoo! MGS4! the trailer aint what you think, but damn, its a feel good trailer.

and gets rid of some rumors and stuff you have been hearing about MGS4... in a awesomely creative and humorous way!

lessee...

Metal Gear Ac!d 2: http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/english/002.html

Metal Gear Solid 3: Substance: http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/english/003.html

and Metal Gear Solid 4: http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/english/004.html

with some new character work by Yoji Shinkawa!
    "Is there a way I can take my pants off?..." - Snake from MGS3: SE

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hahaha great trailer, very creative stuff. but i'm not always to hot on metal gear game.

Thanks
    Wicked, really great trailer. The Metal Gear games are a franchise that epitomise everything that is great about video games. Awesome design, inventive gameplay and level design and flawless attention to detail. I was a little dubious about metal gear 3 but those doubts were unfounded, what a fabulous game and great new direction. I will await 4 this time with the giddy anticipation it fully deserves, long live snake!!!!!

Thanks
    yaa long live snake !!!!!

i heard mgs4 titel is not made from the guy who invented mgs 1 2 3- - creative art director or whoever it is ?

*checking trailer*

oh.. i c.. its still mgs3 .. mgs3 subsistance ? meew ? end of that trailer is LOL O_O he gets screwed ..in the tank tracks ? hahahahaa ! that fps view is very cool but lame to play with poopy ps analogcontroler sticks - mouse rulz

*waiting for download mgs""4"" trail0rr*
    Last edited by -sideshowbob-; May 18th, 2005 at 07:55 AM.

Thanks
    On the MGS4 page, the second character from the end... is that Big Boss' corpse?!

ZOMBIE BIG BOSS?!

0kelvin
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -sideshowbob-
    yaa long live snake !!!!!

i heard mgs4 titel is not made from the guy who invented mgs 1 2 3- - creative art director or whoever it is ?

True...kinda. THe guy that made the all of the metal gear solid (s) so far is Hideo Kojima. It was announced that he wasn't going to do it, but as you will see in the trailer, it is announced that , once again he will direct the project. This is a good thing because obviously he is tremendously good at what he does. We need more talented people like him.
    Da Vinci was a concept artist
    11/30/03-11/30/05. Thanks CA, for all the great inspiration. When will I update? I dont know...
    ' DSB!

Thanks
    yeah, hes awesome... man, i wonder what Snake is going to look like on the PS3...

oh, god its burning inside me... i must know!

Thanks
    *bump*

here are some great closeups on the Yoji art!
    http://www.metalgearsolid.org/galler...d%204/Artwork/

Thanks
    I figure he will look much more detailed. He looked rendered on the PS2 to me.

Thanks
    yeah, this was the second best thing to see at E3 this year! (shadow of the collossus is just too damn cool!) Kojima's gotta be my favorite game designer.

They are planning to release the first two metal gear games along with the Metal Gear Subsistence game, and I have been waiting for them to do that forever. The old Metal Gear on the american NES was just a stripped out hollow version of the original game, and I can't wait to play the original.

MGS4 looked really cool. Interesting to see what they do with the whole "No place to hide" thing.

With Kojima being such an experimentor, it wouldn't surprise me if one of the next MG games to come down the line follows the story of young raiden, when he was the "White Devil" killing all sorts of people in a jungle and stuff.

I loved the take that he took with Big Boss. Gives you his perspective on the whole story, and doesn't make him out to be such the generic bad guy as he has been for the rest of the series. Looking so forward to MGS4. Might have to go back and play through the series again after seeing this trailer....

Thanks
    woah!!! check this out!!!

the Colored version of the art!!!!

http://img227.echo.cx/img227/6733/0014gc.jpg

Thanks
    meh. never been a fan of the MGS trailers. i think something is missing culturally.
    the games are also pretty re-hashed.
    but good for hideo for creting something at least different.

Thanks
    What's the deal with the corpse of Big Boss? What's wrong with Vamp's left hand? Why is Snake's sneaking suit two-tone? Is the person on the far right Dr. Hunter? WHO'S BABY IS RAIDEN HOLDING??? OMG I'M FREAKING OUT
    - Rockstar Ninja Artist Extraordinaire

Thanks
    well, here are some popular theories... potential spoilers ahead...

okay, yes that is Big Boss, but it is not his corpse. it is his spirit. with the help of The Sorrow(mgs3) he will aid Snake in his mission.

Snake appears to be wearing some sort of exo skeleton, much like gray fox's.
    possibly because he is aging.

the baby that Raiden is holding is not Olga's child. it is too young. it is beleived that Raiden is holding his own child.

as for Vamp, he appears to be gripping a throwing knives between each finger of his fist. either that, or he has knives for fingers now.

@1-thought - really? MGS trailers(the cinematic ones) are usually regarded as some of the best there is in the world of video game trailers.
    what do you mean about something missing culturally?
    i also do not beleive that the games are rehash. each one is a completely new leap from the last game.
    (not counting the original MG games) from MGS to MGS2, and from MGS2 to MGS3... there are very big differences in each... each plays almost like different games.
    i believe that Kojima is indeed a master of his craft, and it shows because each game outdoes the previous ones in almost every way possible...
    to me, a rehash would be something like Splinter Cell games. they are good (i have 1 and 3), but they really are pretty much the same... storywise and gameplay wise.
    perhaps it is the genre of stealth gaming that you are unfamiliar/uncomfortable with?
    the differences in stealth games can be very subtle when compared to a shooter or action/adventure game...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iAn
    well, here are some popular theories... potential spoilers ahead...

okay, yes that is Big Boss, but it is not his corpse. it is his spirit. with the help of The Sorrow(mgs3) he will aid Snake in his mission.

Snake appears to be wearing some sort of exo skeleton, much like gray fox's.
    possibly because he is aging.

the baby that Raiden is holding is not Olga's child. it is too young. it is beleived that Raiden is holding his own child.

as for Vamp, he appears to be gripping a throwing knives between each finger of his fist. either that, or he has knives for fingers now.

@1-thought - really? MGS trailers(the cinematic ones) are usually regarded as some of the best there is in the world of video game trailers.
    what do you mean about something missing culturally?
    i also do not beleive that the games are rehash. each one is a completely new leap from the last game.
    (not counting the original MG games) from MGS to MGS2, and from MGS2 to MGS3... there are very big differences in each... each plays almost like different games.
    i believe that Kojima is indeed a master of his craft, and it shows because each game outdoes the previous ones in almost every way possible...
    to me, a rehash would be something like Splinter Cell games. they are good (i have 1 and 3), but they really are pretty much the same... storywise and gameplay wise.
    perhaps it is the genre of stealth gaming that you are unfamiliar/uncomfortable with?
    the differences in stealth games can be very subtle when compared to a shooter or action/adventure game...
    The humor element is whats lacking. the GTA reference in MGS3, the musical chairs for 4. just seems so bizarre. I DO enjoy the CG, its fantastic, and the MGS3 movie almost made me want to play it.

As for MGS and MGS2, they are the same exact story. The end of MGS2 even states that 1 was a traning level for 2.

Im familiar w the games, the stealth genre, hell I even worked on MGS2.

Kojima is great, and the game design is different each time, the story interests me, but Im just not into them.

Thanks
    Just finished playing MGS2 again... Great game.

Thanks
    i love the metal gear series... nuff said.

well, i love all of them minus MGS:VR missions. that was a waste of 4 dollars, let me tell you.