Art: pre viz. for short film

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

pre viz. for short film

pre viz. for short film

Hi everyone,

this is a concept for a short film ill be filming in two or three weeks. by short i mean really short, it will just be a 20 second shot, arcing around some bushes looking in on the central character. about ten seconds into the shot hairy creatures will rise out of the water in the foreground to approach the central figure. the central figure will whip and slap his tentacles against the murky water and red lights will glow from beneath the recesses of the skull. the camera will by then have become obscured behind some silhouetted bushes, leaving the outcome of the altercation unknown.

were going to try to get as much of the shot in camera as possible, but there will be a significant amount of compositing work afterwards. the high concept was panic, i am graduating in another quarter and need something that will just blow people away. im hoping this will be it. the main idea was to come up with a very intriguing engrossing image to explore for 15 to 30 seconds. let me know what you guys think.

Ali

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff man. post your movie here when you are done, I'd be interested to see what you come up with...one crit, there is an abstract shape that looks like it could be the characters leg being cut off at the bottom. It really hurts your image, even if it is his leg, maybe darken it. the viewers eye goes right to the skull guy, and then naturally follows what may or may not be his form (that leg) right off the page, and that is not good. It gives it an amateurish quality that the rest of the piece doesn't deserve. Anyway, I do this kind of stuff (pre-viz and movies) so I am always really into other people's work that see the piece not ending as a static image, but going on to bigger things that are under their control, such as the fact you say you are making a movie.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey dude, you have set the atmosphere very strongly. i feel soaked just looking at the picture. however, the figures do not read well. i would seperate the shapes more to create some clear silhouettes. also, the posture of the skull dude looks a bit off.

good luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.