Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

Question X-Box 360 vs PS3

Which are you rooting for?

Personally I'm going for PS3... i hope it crushes the X-Box 360 just like it did
    with the dreamcast! MUAHAHAHAHA

-Abra

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I'm sure I'll be getting both anyway (and revolution), so I don't care really. I just want some good games.

Anyway, this thread should probably be in the games forum, right?

Thanks
    Xbox 360 here.

No chance of it getting crushed. Dreamcast was an entirely different situation considering they were coming off of another failed system (saturn).

Plus Im sure one of my friends will own the PS3 so I will still get to play the games.

-toasty

Thanks
    360 will own PS3. The dynasty of sony has passed, just like nintendos. Make way for chang3...
    From the valley of death I escaped...

Thanks
    You guys haven't seen the PS3 yet, and Microsoft is putting all it's money in XBox PR right now. I think if both have approximately the same processing power (which is, different technology aside, pretty likely, since the sun don't spin faster for Sony), PS3 will be the better console. It doesn't have such a stupid name (yet) and hopefully they save their PR money to put it in good exclusive games. When Microsoft is off the market, the good XBox games are made for PS and i win.

Thanks
    I'm not buying either until the price drops like it always does.

Chances are I'll go for the PS3. Based on the evidence of the last ten years the Sony box will have a better selection of quality titles across all the genres, even if the MS box has a slight graphical edge again it's all about the games.

Thanks
    It almost always never matters which machine fanboys root for. The company with the right games and right marketing strategy will win the fight of the consoles.

Micro$oft had plonked in so much money to level the playing field in 4 short years what Sony achieved with the Playstation over the decade. Sony has the vast user base that it had build up.....it will be another interesting Next Generation Console battle right up to 2010.

Edit: The PS2 never crushed the DC. Sega was on its way out by the time they released the DC, the battle was won and lost in the PS1 vs Saturn fight.

ME? I'm a PC gamer.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darth massacre
    It almost always never matters which machine fanboys root for. The company with the right games and right marketing strategy will win the fight of the consoles.

Micro$oft had plonked in so much money to level the playing field in 4 short years what Sony achieved with the Playstation over the decade. Sony has the vast user base that it had build up.....it will be another interesting Next Generation Console battle right up to 2010.

Edit: The PS2 never crushed the DC. Sega was on its way out by the time they released the DC, the battle was won and lost in the PS1 vs Saturn fight.
    You are right that the fanboys no longer really matter. They will still be talked to and have stuff made for them just because they are the most loyal fanbase... and probably the easiest to lose forever if you goof but the console rises and falls on the whim of the general gamer now.

Microsoft is no more M$ than Sony is $ony. Both like money. Both have lots of it and both are sinking large sums of money into their consoles.

You are semi right about your edit. Sega as a console contender was on the way out before the DC... but PS2 did have a hand in its defeat by the merest suggestion that the PS2 was going to come out soon. Its kind of funny because Sony tried a similar thing again this time hinting that the PS3 was could be out in 2005 instead of the 2006 expected release. I don't think it really had much effect though... Xbox has entrenched itself. More power to it. I like the xbox. I have one and I really enjoy the games on it.

-toasty

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    I'll be getting a PS3. Sony has always been about catering to the needs of 3rd party developers and will of course be backwards compatable with already huge game library of the PS2, so the transition will be more comfortable. I found it strange how Microsoft dodged the backwards compatibility issue at E-3. Or they at least failed to specifically mention it, when it is a big issue with gamers nowadays.

As for Nintendo, I don't care how creative they are with finding new ways to make mario collect coins and jump on heads. I don't care if I'm controlling him with brain-waves. If the Revolution doesn't have the wide variety of quality games to back it up, they won't be seeing a cent from me. I've been a Nintendo customer since the NES and ever since the N64, I've been sick of watching all the great 3'rd party games go to other systems.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Exo
    I'll be getting a PS3. Sony has always been about catering to the needs of 3rd party developers and will of course be backwards compatable with already huge game library of the PS2, so the transition will be more comfortable. I found it strange how Microsoft dodged the backwards compatibility issue at E-3. Or they at least failed to specifically mention it, when it is a big issue with gamers nowadays.
    Not to keep harping on... but I see a lot of this re-use of PS2 versus Xbox I tactics. IE: "3rd part developers only on PS2 because of support"
    This was obviously a good arguement for the PS2 when the Xbox was new and had yet to prove its worth.

So what 3rd party developers are PS2 exlusive that are worth a damn?
    You: Square
    I raise you Bioware.

And before you say Rockstar (with GTA)... they actually wanted to be on the xbox so much that they found a loophole in their agreement with Sony and released them for it anyway.

Also. Considering we don't know a thing about the PS3 right now... you can hardly complain about not knowing about one feature on the xbox.

-toasty

Thanks
    The reason I am rooting for the PS3 is technology. All this talk about a blue ray, and cell processing
    makes me hope that we will be getting something incredible instead of just an upgrade w/ graphics.
    This probably isn't true, and the PC will continue to be better than everything w/ it's constant upgrades.
    But still... here's hoping

-Abra

Thanks

Mgs4 News N Stuffs

AH! i knew someone was gonna make a thread like this soon. HEY DID YOU KNOW THEY ARE UNVEILING METAL GEAR SOLID 4 TONIGHT (5/16/05) AT SONYS PRE-E3 CONFERENCE. ITS TRUE.

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/de...bsectionid=1585

I'm personally waiting until they unveil all the systems (except xbox 360, cuz uh. they showed that already). Personally, i'm a Sony guy, but i dont want to make biases until I see the full specs and what games are coming out. But come on people,....Who DOESNT want another MGS?!?!
    Da Vinci was a concept artist
    11/30/03-11/30/05. Thanks CA, for all the great inspiration. When will I update? I dont know...
    ' DSB!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by obid619
    Who DOESNT want another MGS?!?!
    Me. Im generally bored by the game.
    Splinter Cell is so much more an entertaining stealth game.

Or the original Thief for that matter.

-toasty

Thanks
    Sony if anything is market savy, they will not be owned like Sega was. but this is also all just conjecture, considering Sony hasen't unveild there specs yet. But if I were to speculate, I believe Sony will lose more ground to Microsoft early on, because of the earlier date set for the 360s release. But Sony will largely make it up in the end due to the extra time in production the PS3 will recieve. I believe they will out-spec microsoft if for nothing else, then to say they have the more powerfull system, the way microsoft did them. Still, Sony has made some odd choices in the past, with there low memory set-up and so forth. Its hard to argue there success. Personally, I will be looking at their online selection, and how they are handleing that aspect of gaming. In my ophinon, online gaming for the PS2 sucks compared to the xbox. I spent about an hour trying to find a decent lag free room to play socom 2 with a friend the other day. Even getting on the same team is needlessly hard. Then I go and play Halo 2 for a few hours, and eveything falls into place. I also resent putting an extra two hundred dollars (hard drive, network adapter and 4 port controller hub) into the machine to do the same thing my 150 dollar xbox did, right out of the box. And with the exception of the network adapter, I hardly use any of these extras. I will be much more careful with my gaming purchases in the future. Im rooting for the xbox.

The More I think about it the more Im convinced. The future is online gaming, whoever handles that the best will be the champ. Whoever has the best online games, and can dish out the best online experience. If nintendo ops to sit out another 4-5 years without taking that into consideration, they will be making gameboys and thats about it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Kitten
    I think if both have approximately the same processing power (which is, different technology aside, pretty likely, since the sun don't spin faster for Sony), PS3 will be the better console

actually, initial reports have suggested that the ps3 is significantly more powerful than the 360. in EGM a couple of months ago, one of their industry insider contacts who has apparently seen both techs said "the next playstation is way way more powerful than xbox 2. it's insanely powerful".

so, take that as you will... but considering microsoft is rushing the 360 out this year, only 4 years after the launch of the xbox, and sony's console is not out until next year, 6 years after the ps2, and has been in development for quite a long time, i'm thinking that quote will prove to be fairly accurate.

i'm sure initial games will look similar... but give developers a couple of years to really get to know the hardware and i suspect you'll begin to notice the difference. i'm willing to bet the difference will be somewhat similar to the difference between the current xbox and ps2, which is quite significant really. the ps2 is really showing it's age, while the xbox could go for another couple of years easy without looking too outdated.

none of this really matters though, as all 3 consoles will have pretty amazing visuals. lets just hope for some great games.

Thanks
    yap yap yap, the fact of the matter is these debates will be settled 3 or 5 years down the road. Unless you know how many millions will buy a system and continue to buy games throughout the run, it doesn't matter how many geeks say "OMG (system) will pwn everyone when it comes out because of (reason)."

everything is up in the air for at least 2-3 more years.
    I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1

Thanks
    If I'm getting one of them it has to be silent (my xbox sounds almost as much as my computer. I hate noisy machines!), and it needs something like Xbox Media Center.
    And there's no WLAN in the xbox 360? What's up with that? They've got wireless controllers but no wireless network connection? Cables are evil.

Thanks
    Well, the Revolution will have wireless internet.

But then again, this is Xbox vs Ps.

This thread really should of been X-Box360 Vs PS3 Vs Revolution.

That's just my view.

Thanks

Thanks

Lightbulb

specs are up at gamespot.com

-Abra

Thanks
    Both machines look similar (hardware) on first glance. I doubt there will be any superiority for either if you put them to the hardware test. It boils down to the games, not the hardware.

The much touted "cell" processor is looking mighty normal as the CPU market is going these days. Not quite the breakthrough it felt like when they advertised it back in 2003.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    I just never could stand the Xbox's coffee table sized controller. I'm going for playstation3 enless Xbox puts out a nicer controller. I'm currious to see what's up with Nintendo's new one.
    My Sketchbook
    ^keep me going by visiting my sketchbook^

Thanks
    I knew I recognized that font on the PS3 from somewhere...

X-Box 360 vs PS3

Thanks
    Neo Geo rules!

Meh, until we software who honestly cares who's more powerful, blah blah...
    I'll prolly buy both... I have a gut feeling this will be nintendos last "hurrah"
    *fingers crossed*

-tiny
    Being stubborn towards humanity since 1982

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpose
    I just never could stand the Xbox's coffee table sized controller. I'm going for playstation3 enless Xbox puts out a nicer controller. I'm currious to see what's up with Nintendo's new one.
    Ahahahahahah!

X-Box 360 vs PS3

Thats the PS3 controller.

Plus are you talking about the brick controller for the xbox or the S?
    The S was great.

Other things of note:
    Xbox 360 is backwards compatible.
    And Final Fantasy will be coming to the 360.

-toasty

Thanks
    maybe you can stack the ps3 on the xbox360 since one of them is concave and the other is convex or whatever.... what's up with all this curvy shit anyway? the ps3 definitely looks way better....
    Last edited by benzo; May 17th, 2005 at 01:15 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaster
    And Final Fantasy will be coming to the 360.

-toasty
    note: final fantasy XI. you know... the MMORPG? the game that is only FF in name. that means nothing.

oh, and the ps3 is backwards compatible as well, all the way back to the ps1.

i'll be buying all 3 next gen consoles though, so none of this really matters to me.

Thanks
    WOOOOOT *waves for teh banana ps3 gamepad*

damn ugly that thing is O_O boomerang yeehhaaaa

iam for ps3 ! xbox smells bah

but i think the console with better games will stay alive

AND the industry really goes hard into this because they dont wanna see their babys DIE ..especially microsoft

they dont even convert*port other cool console games for pc.. they want us to buy a console to play it >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Brumfield
    i'll be buying all 3 next gen consoles though, so none of this really matters to me.
    wow dude ill borrow me ur ps3 when u play xbox

ps3 is bettah because the boomerang banana controler
    xbox gets apple like controllers xD

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaster
    Ahahahahahah!

X-Box 360 vs PS3

Thats the PS3 controller.

-toasty
    I see they are trying to cater to the female gamers, I wonder if you receive a copy of Rez with that banana.
    /fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

Thanks
    I'm not fond of the design of the PS3 or it's controller... especially the controller. The handle might be comfortable, but I really hate (and always have) the split d-pads, and the location of the analogs. I find them unbearable after the S and Gamecube controllers. I like the Xbox 360 pad more. Black and white buttons exchanged for dual triggers looks like it will be much more efficient, and I dunno... I just really like the feel of the current controller S.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.