Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Ivan's sketchbook

Thanks
    yup, i second what ashrumm and pheep said before. bumskees "digital painting" thread is really cool. i already did my apple there. ("an apple a day...") it's real fun, but i decided to stick with the traditional for a while...
    maybe it would be good to start doing black and white stuff first? getting the feel for the digital and mainly working on values instead of worrying about the colors... but that's just a suggestion... what kind of tablet do you have?
    keep it up! cheers,
    stine
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Edit: I forgot to look at your 2nd page.. woops. I'm diggin the creature concepts! Take a shot at rendering one of those babies and see how that comes out. Your 3d model is pretty cool too! Go ivan!

Thanks
    Ivan's sketchbook an update

Yes ashrumm I am using Photoshop CS2 ad I am using wacom graphire 4 tablet (one of the cheapest wacoms )
    Skeiff, I am happy that you like my 3D model, I will post tomorrow one that is more cool than this one

Thanks
    Hey Ivan, whats going on I was wondering if you had checked out the photoshop thread here at conceptart i've just started reading it myself and have learned alot just by reading the first few posts. It will probably help you tons. Keep this one going i'm curious to see how you finsih this one.

Thanks
    Sup Ivan. Keep experimenting with different brushes and explore the different tools in photshop you'll soon find youre groove. Try other programs like Painter, I asume you got a copy of Painter Classic with your tablet, I did with my saphire somethin or rather. Look foreward to seeing your progress, laters.
    SKETCHBOOK

Jeff Jones was advised "No piece of art is ever a failure, because you never come away with less than you started with. ''

Thanks
    I am pretty unhappy with all my drawings these days but anyway I will post them, maybe you could give me some advices.

Ivan's sketchbook

A drawing of my sister when she was reading a book (there is not much resemblance). It was done quite fast because she did not stopped to move.

Ivan's sketchbook

Drawing of a toy sword.

Ivan's sketchbook

Drawing of a monkey toy.

Thanks
    i really like your drawing of the monkey toy. very fluent and lively. your sister's portrait has perspective issues, because you measured it like a frontal view. there's a lot more foreshortening involved than is indicated by your drawing. it's a very difficult perspective (especially when you're drawing from life)... what about that 3d model you "promised"? very cool you work in so many different media!

Thanks
    Oops I forgot about it. I am posting it now
    Ivan's sketchbook

I participated in an online 3D contest with it. Unfortunately I did not win the contest, anyway I think it is not bad. Do you think it is good enough for the finally finished section?

Thanks
    oh, very cool! dunno about finally finished though. what about the 3d section here? i really like the texture, but it could use a little color, i think. at least distinguishing the claws from the skin. pretty good! did you use blender to create it?

Thanks
    Hey Ivan i see you're into 3d modeling as well what software are you using, its an interesting creature. I think you need more variation on the body. The texture is way too consistent over the model other than that you've got yourself a pretty good model. Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Kool looking model looks slimey. About your drawing, just keep up the cartoony stuff. The exageration in cartoon drawing will help with drawing figures and stuff from life but draw from life to help your cartoons and vice versa.
    SKETCHBOOK

Jeff Jones was advised "No piece of art is ever a failure, because you never come away with less than you started with. ''

Thanks

Thanks
    Hey Ivan hows it going man i really like this recent update i think our sketchgroup is making major headway we're really learning from eachother and many others on this forum great job. I really like the plant man you've captureed the contours with nice confident line. I also really like how you are drawing almost everything you can find. Great job your shading isn't reading well with the pig way too consistent around the feet. Try doing many more sketches like the plant. The important thing is understanding the form first like you did witht he plant don't worry about shading right now. I'm actually trying to get away from rendering. Later dude

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast