Rosy Clouds - Strange Dwellings

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon Rosy Clouds - Strange Dwellings

Here is an environment concept I'm working on. I'm teetering between the feeling, I'm close to done and I have lots more to do on it. Crits and Comments very welcome. Thanks.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    it has a good feeling of depth, almost as if im about to fall into the chasm. im trusting youve drawn this with guides (lines all converging on a vanishing point)? if so the perspective should be spot on. however, the upper walkway on the left building seems to be on an inward sloping angle, as in if it were slippery and wet the chances of falling into the abyss below would become a common occurrance

to rectify this, i suggest that you either show that it is bending in the middle as is the walkway below, or add a sharper corner that jutts out further at the very end to re-emphasise the angle. also, raise the edge up a little around the bottom left corner, it slopes a lot there too. id like to see more texture on the right cliff face as there is on the left, sorta looks outta place.

is there supposed to be a sun/s or moon/s in this? the sky gets darker on its way up, id like to see a setting sun, or remnants of one at least, and then maybe add a few hundred pixels to the canvas so as to blend it into a deep blue. then you could have a solar system. itd give more purpose to the guy standing on the walkway for being out there in the first place; hes just furniture otherwise

well done and keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Everything is kinda calm colors, and bland. add some red or rich blue or purpole into the skye, something to spice it up to give it more personality. add some contrast in the grays in the building. make it closer to white and black, to make it more metallic. If you do put in a sun or moon or whatever then make the bottoms of the clouds light up. The lowest walkway is crooked. If it is supposed to be crooked maybe do something to show that better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is an interesting painting, I was looking at the top half and thinking: eh, another drawing with fancy cloud? Then i scroll down and saw the bottom half and I felt I almost fall into that gap.
    Beside of what's said so far, may i suggest to light up the color at the end of the buildings? Just so it'd seem they are blending into the far mist, with a lighter shading and outline, and give the painting more depth.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    'stoph, Joking Clown, look: Thank you for the input. I'll post an update soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Taking the comments from above into account I worked on the painting some more.
    I actually didn't use any guides in this. Simply freehand drawing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey the update looks better man, gj.

I think you could work on the clouds a bit more, sharpen them up a bit, and add some contrast to them.

the floor that you fixed before hand looks a little better, but its still not convincing me all that well.. it looks very distorted, and my brain automatically identifies it as fake. Just make sure its following your perspective lines to the vanishing point, and u should be good.

nice wip... keep puttin in the effort.

I don't pray because I don't want God to know where I'm at.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.