Sketchbook: Cyanide's sketchbook

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Cyanide's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cyanide's sketchbook

First of all, to understand why my art isn't that good, you have to understand that I've had absolutely no formal training (unless you count elementry school art classes). Everything I know I learned from experience or reading books, and since I've only been drawing as a hobby for about a year, that doesn't amount to much. I'm here to try to learn some new things, so if you know something that it seems I do not know, then please share.

These are some sketches I've done while trying to learn to draw reptilian forms. I've focused mainly on the head thus far, since it always seems to take me the longest to learn to draw.

Cyanide's sketchbook
    Cyanide's sketchbook
    Cyanide's sketchbook

Give me your comments and crits please.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great to see you are trying to grow! I am in the same boat, only getting training in a couple school classes in elementary, and then one water color class in college (was in over my head! but was fun).

But it is great fun to learn and improve.

It looks like you are getting the contours down.

If ya like we could check in on each other's sketch book to prod each other to continue on. You can check mine out if ya like. It would be good to have someone in the same boat instead of these super human professionals! (Not that I mind them either, but a man can only take so much humility!)

And since this is a new sketchbook try putting a link to it in your signature so that people can find it easily when they see you post!

Keep posting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the welcome Mentler.

Quote Originally Posted by tttia
    Great to see you are trying to grow! I am in the same boat, only getting training in a couple school classes in elementary, and then one water color class in college (was in over my head! but was fun).

But it is great fun to learn and improve.
    I thought about taking some college art classes but I would definately be in over my head.

It looks like you are getting the contours down.

If ya like we could check in on each other's sketch book to prod each other to continue on. You can check mine out if ya like. It would be good to have someone in the same boat instead of these super human professionals! (Not that I mind them either, but a man can only take so much humility!)

And since this is a new sketchbook try putting a link to it in your signature so that people can find it easily when they see you post!

Keep posting!
    Yeah, I should put a link in my signature. I will check on your sketchbook from time to time, I know what you mean about the humility you get after being torn to shreds by one of the pros that roam this forum. Of course, if the advice is useful I don't care who it comes from.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've moved on to studying the human forms again. While I can draw a body fairly well, I still have trouble with the details so I'm going to be trying to work out those problems in the next few months. I decided to start with hands, because out of all the parts of the body I have problems with, they are the worst. In trying to do some concepts for a mod I'm working on, I realized that I simply can not draw hands without reference. So here is my first study. I wasn't really trying to get the bone forms just right. Rather I'm just trying to get the proportions right. Which one do you think is best as far as proportions go? Or are they all crap?

Cyanide's sketchbook

These were derived from what's shown in the Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist, since that was the best guide to the hand's proportions I could find. For whatever reason I was completely unable to find a decent tutorial on drawing hands without reference. If anybody knows of one, I would greatly appriciate if you could point me to it.

Check out My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just dumping some concepts.

Cyanide's sketchbook
    Cyanide's sketchbook
    Cyanide's sketchbook
    Cyanide's sketchbook
    Cyanide's sketchbook
    Cyanide's sketchbook
    Cyanide's sketchbook

Check out My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man-I like that stuff-the last hand one looks great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Happy Halloween

Cyanide's sketchbook
    Cyanide's sketchbook

Check out My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was playing with black and white today. I kind of like the style that came out of it.
    Cyanide's sketchbook

Cyanide's sketchbook

Cyanide's sketchbook

Cyanide's sketchbook

Check out My Sketchbook

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.