drawing problem

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: drawing problem

Thanks

drawing problem

Hi all,

i don't know where i should i post it. ,

but i am posting it here.

i have soem problem. I am very new to it.

i am creating many lines while drawing... & this are very dark line. so can i use 6H pencil instated of 2B ??? for drawing or I have to prctice with 2B pencil , with law presher??

thank you

dave

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    i'd suggest using tools you feel comfortable with.

if you want to learn drawing AND have to master a tool whose behaviour is strange to you, you have two problems to solve at the same time. one does not need to make it unnecesarily difficult.
    drawing basics you can learn with next to every tool suitable for making lines - choose one whose behaviour you know well - that it doesn't distract you from the actual drawing process.

for training line quality, i found drawing with a ballpoint pen interesting. i assume you wrote a lot with ballpoint pens in your life, so you know what they handle like.

Thanks
    thank you...

so everthing is up to me... ok..

i think i just have to work hard for line quality.. i have to concentrate not to draw too many lines..

dave

Thanks

Tips

have a full range of pencils from the B to the H is what's going to be best for doing any kind of art project. So your pencils with the H are actually going to be harder than your pencils with the B which are actually softer. So it gives you easier techniques for shading and allows you more room variables in order to draw anything that you want. So if you have your full range of pencils, so you know H1s are actually going to be harder and they make a harder line, it's harder to make a darker line with them. So when you try to smudge them for shading, it's going to be more difficult, but you'll get a good line with those. But then if you go to the opposite end of the spectrum, use a B pencil anywhere up to 8B, you're going to get a really soft pencil that makes a really dark line and it's really easy to shade. Another tip when you're using pencils to draw it's easier if you hold your pencil farther down. Most people when you right you hold it up close to the top, when you're doing art hold your pencil about halfway down and you get a better stroke and you can draw circles better and when you're drawing circles, draw with your full arm not just your hand because you get a full circle often a perfect circle.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.