Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks

Who are you guys anyway?

I saw a similar thread on the evil boards (eatpoo) and thought this might be fun. Don't know if there is such a thread here already, but really? I don't care.

Name: John. (That's all.)

Nation: Germany. Go David Hasselhoff!

Sex: Male. Really. I didn't think my Username would generate that much confusion. Should have chosen XXXMetalBloodWarriorXXX instead. Really, guys! Kittens are way cool! I'll probably ask to have it changed sometimes, but i like my avatar right now.

Drawing since: Uhm, really ever. But i've only been messing around first, cause i never got anything right. My parents are from the "artists are just especially talented" school and i had to find out i could actually get better first. Art instruction in School didn't exactly help. So, seriously since maybe two years, getting more serious the more i did it. Right now i'm, like, this serious:

Where are you in life: Stopped studying philosophy so i can start studying Illustration this winter. I've got a job. I don't earn a lot of money. I like rock music and parties.

Contribute now! Join the movement! Support your forum! Post your credit card numbers! (Can't blame a guy for trying, right?)
    Last edited by John; May 8th, 2005 at 10:48 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    4123 2799 8100 7672, exp: 02/06

wait

Thanks
    name: chad yeatman

live in delaware

do art

Thanks
    Mark Harchar

I'm from Pennsylvania.

I'm 31

I'm a computer system engineer. Art is a hobby, but I'd really like to be as good as others on this forum.

I'm working on it...
    Last edited by MarkHarchar; May 10th, 2005 at 01:27 PM.
    Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Thanks
    Name: Patrick

Sex: M

Drawing Since: I started watching ninja turles and robotech.

Where I am in life: My art training has been stopped due to problems. Waiting for the time to resume my studies...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Name: Noel D. Hill

Sex: Male...and single. Come on ladies, don't be shy.

Drawing Since: Since I was about three. I drew as mostly as an outlet for my obsession with dinosaurs...I'm still obsessed with dinosaurs even though I do occasionally draw other stuff.

Where I am in life: I'm a full-time fine arts student at the University of Southern Maine. Definitely not the best art program but I guess what you get out of school is proportional to what you put in. I'm looking to do freelance concept design work and illustration. Perhaps in another life in some distant future, I'll even create that graphic novel that's always been in the back of my mind.

Thanks
    Name: Martin

Nation (citizenship): USA
    Nation (residence): Germany

Sex: Male.

Drawing since: Since I was 3 maybe, but it only got "serious" about 1-2 years ago.

Where are you in life: Studying medicine and doing some contract art on the side.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks

Lightbulb

Name: Paul

Nation: United Kingdom

Sex: Male

Drawing since: Like I said in that other thread, been randomly scribbling when I was bored since a pretty early age, but only got serious about it a couple of years ago. Currently slacking in that respect.

Where I am in life: A pretty good point, I reckon. Just completed 2nd year of studying a Computer Arts degree (the course isn't all that great, but it's the BA degree I'm after) - one more year and I should have all the credentials I need to escape from the UK and get a nice game-art job over in the USA or Canada.
    Also doing freelance contract game art work on the side, building up my portfolio and resume.
    Currently got my sights set on a character/environment artist job at Rockstar Vancouver, seems like a really good place to be. Also got a few other companies in mind that I'd like to apply to, I'll be sending out applications next summer, I think.
    Also going to visit Tully over in Canada next week! Fun!

Er, rambling over. Good topic, Ancient Kitten
    Last edited by MoP; May 8th, 2005 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks
    Name: Kemp Remilliard

Profession: Badass

Thanks
    Name: Joel Hustak

Nation: Ca na da

Drawing since: as young as i can remember. drawing seriously since i found this site which is about a year ago.

Where are you in life: hopefully about to graduate from highsschool. i also discovered i need to draw way more!! also i need to find a job so i can start saving for the next workshop!!

Thanks
    Name: Eric Poulton

Nation: Canada

Drawing since: before I can remember. I've got drawings and sketches going back through pretty much my whole life. There was never really one point where it went from childhood doodlings into something more serious. I just started and never stopped (although I definitely slowed down from time to time).

Where are you in life: I'm temporarily back working for a board game company that owes me thousands of dollars in back-pay, and is once again late with my paycheck. All because I don't like leaving things unfinished, and I feel sorry for the other employees. I am such a tool.

Where do you want to be in life: The video game industry. Despite all the crap that goes along with working in games, there's nowhere I'd rather be working right now.

0kelvin
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Name: Matt Levan
    Nation: sadly, US (california)
    Drawing: since I was young, but never started drawing seriously until about 7 months ago.

Thanks
    Name: Konstantin

Nation: Germany

Drawing since:

I actually started drawing at the age of 2 or 3.. basically some big heads with strokes that were supposed to be arms and legs and stuff.. uhm.. then there was a BIIIG break, i used to do little scribbles in school all the time but they were more like to survive in the jungle of what they call school without destroying my imaginative mind.. or whatever.

Got serious when i joined this page in July 2004. Have been drawing every day since then. My plans are to become involved in a (at least somewhat) artistical job when i finish school. Either become a professional fine artist or doing some illustration work, concept designing, anything.

Where I am at in life:

I am still attempting the Gymnasium (I dunno if it's called College or High School :/ ) and am very bored and fed up with most of the stuff i have to feed my brain with.
    Although I do draw quite a lot every day, some days more, some days less, I always worry about doing too less.

When I am finished with school I hope to attend some good place to refine and define my art skills, maybe someplace in Germany, I would love going to Italy, French, Canada, New Zealand or Australia, though; if I only had that much money.

Right now I am going through quite a "down" phase with my life, due to me not finding a girl friend, worrying about what my life will be like and all sorts of philosophical stuff.
    I am into quite a lot of stuff. Have been playing piano for 5 years, then quit. Playing the cello for 10 years now and occasionally playing the drums with some friends.. I have been into literature a year ago or so, also started to write my own novel.. and now I am very interested in philosophy and the sorts (platon, sokrates, david humes; scepticism, nihilism, "erkenntnistheorie" and so on)..

what else.. yeah, i guess i have been playing way too much video games the last weeks, ate too much candy and have been lazy and not doing much sports.. that's pretty much me right now.

btw i dont actually think anyone will read this stuff so .. anyways, good thread, saw this on eatpoo as well.

Thanks
    pavel sokov, i just turned 15, i draw and sculpt and play videogames.
    im a jolly rancher in socks and with poo in my mouth.

Thanks
    Name: Samuel Preston Hall II (yea, that's right --- "the 2")
    - I decided a long time ago not to get too creative with my nickname, and instead focus my creativity on more important things .... plus someone once tried to think of cool nicknames for me and all my buddies, and just told me that "Sammy" was a nickname and stoped there.

- I find that life gets better and better the older I get, maybe I'm just optomistic.... but 'youth' was corraled purgatory.....

Nation: USA
    - Not as dramatically political as you would think... Just bored people that spend way too much time at their work-place, and can't settle down for a evening with their children.

Sex: Male.
    - Yet I'm very feminine ... some girls find it grose, others are attracted by it..... It's not suprising for me to be confused for a female at least twice a day ..... no matter how short I cut my hair, or how grizzly I grow my stubble out It's probobly the way I cary myself.... And I've never been called 'Sir' once at a fast-food drive-thru....

Drawing since: As long as I can remember ... I think I used a pencil to bust through the placenta...

Where are you in life: Got out of School a year ago and started finding my career ... been concepting for a next-gen game for about 8 months now.
    Just got a new appartment over the weekend, and moved in .... Time to join up with my buddies (whom are now scattered over the USA) and start creating that 'game-development' company we've always wanted..

Thanks
    Name : Ben

Sex : Lemme check... yep still male

Nationality/Ethinicity : Born and bred Canadian, my roots are mostly Brit and Scot...

Art : doodling since a wee lad I suppose, decided I wanted an art career early high school

Where I am in life : Finished with highschool in Feb.. enjoyed unemployment for a couple weeks then got a shitty customer service job for Sprint PCS. Got the hell of out there and landed a slightly better job at a thift department store... so my time is taken up by that and working on my art work ethic.... I plan on attending art school Sept 2006, looking towards Sheridan.

Smile

Name: Brittain Scott (name has nothing to do with Europe)

Nation: Dare I say California, USA

Sex: Male....mut breed. Nice mix of the salad from Egyptian, Japanese, Irish, Sweedish, etc. In other words confused

Been Drawing since...hmmm, I think, Kidergarten. First Pic I can remember was a portrait of a friend. It didn't look a thing like him. Then I continued my passion of drawing dragons, to knights and damsels, to dinosaurs, to whales, to wild cats, to Ninja Turtles, to X-men, to Spiderman, to magic card, to werewolves, to Dragon Ball Z, to portraits again, then to landscapes, then to everything that surrounded me and so on.

Where am I in life: Well, I am a year away from graduating college, and have finished the animation requirements for my school. I decided that animation is not the thing for me after a few years of dedication, and I am now considering concept art and portrait painting, among fine arts. Seems like most job opportunities I find are either in animation or portrait painting. So, we will see which way the wind blows. My last year of schooling will be based entirely on visual developement for entertainment arts and may change my direction in career path according to my talents. Inbetween all the chaos, I play darts to relieve stress, and sail school boats around the lake. that's me in a nut shell
    Last edited by britt; May 9th, 2005 at 04:27 AM.

Thanks
    weee lets tag along...

Name: Troy Galluzzi
    Nationality: Both spanish and american
    Sex: M
    Drawing since: Forever but only recently as a career possibility.

Where are you in life: Tired and catatonic, fighting constant crisis in my head.
    Starting up a business venture to make lots of $$$ and fixing a shitty GPA primarily caused by lack of discipline.
    DON'T CLICK THIS

Thanks
    Name: Daniel

Drawing: I began drawing when I was young, took a huge step forward when I learned about value one day in a high school art class. I mostly have ignored art and drawing, taking it for granted because I wanted to be a baseball superstar. No longer playing baseball (quit my college team a year ago) and focusing on art, chasing the dream to be an illustrator. I don't know many artists personally and don't have many artists friends, so artistic progression feels like its coming along slowly.

Why concept art: I remember coming across the jobs section in Acclaim's website when I was younger and noticing that they had art positions available (of course this was when Acclaim was still in business and located in Austin). I was amazed that you could actually draw video game characters and stuff for a living. I decided that if for some crazy reason I didn't make it as a baseball player (I was sure the only thing that would stop me would be something like losing one of my arms), I was going to become a "video game artist".

The Future: Moving to New York in the fall; girlfriend is going to Pratt for graduate school, hopefully I will get into SVA to take some classes. Any NY artists in da house?

Thanks
    Name: Thomas Falzone

Drawing Since: forever I suppose

Where I am in life: Mechanic by day and artist by night I live in Arkanas so theres not much to do. So I keep myself entertained by trying to better my artistic skills. I love this place
    My Sketchbook
    ^keep me going by visiting my sketchbook^

Thanks
    Name: Aled Garlick

Drawing since I started drawing....

Thanks
    [QUOTE=patdzon]

Drawing Since: I started watching ninja turles and robotech.
    QUOTE]

Yeeees Robotech! My goal is create a Robotech game that is actually good. One that will blow everyone away even if they don't know Robotech.

Name? Ian Mack. Short name is iMack for when one of my friends wrote me a prank e-mail from Apple saying that my name violated their copyright. Otherside is from a song from Red Hot Chili Peppers...great video to the song.

Age? 23 - I enjoy the increasing responsibility. I broke away from my circle of friends and activities 8 months ago and it has been good for me. I needed something to stimulate me. Have never been part of an "artistic" circle of friends though and this bothers me.

Sex? Male - Tall, Thin, and Liquid. I've been compared to Spike from Cowbow Bebop. When I play hackey sack, people tell me I look russian, like a martial artist, or a guy from riverdance.

Where? Canada, currently living on a resort hotel destination in Alberta and saving money to go to school for animation.

Why? I have goals and this is the only way I can see myself spending my life. Working as an artist, using my skills to travel as far and as wide as possible while making a name for myself as a hard-working, intelligent individual who is capable of creating great games and movies. I have way to many projects and am trying to concentrate on teaching myself watercolours painting, and doing tattoos to sell when I get to a city for school. I plan to learn animation, and progress through the industry, making contacts around the world as I relentlessly work on my own artistic abilities until I am so good that i can retire to a nice cottage in the middle of the mountains and work through commissions. Perhaps write a book.

When? Since I was a kid. - It was an escape to a world richer than this one. I could never write essays worth a D although when I write stories, the images turn into words as fast as I can type and even I don't know where the story will lead. Art class I found out after H.S. was a load of bunk and now I'm trying to play catch-up as far as life drawing goes.
    [][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Thanks
    Name: Kylie Langton

Nation: Australia , Queensland

Sex: female

Drawing since: 3years and up. started off drawing people walking dogs, and my little ponies and horses. continued from there, though 90% of my drawings were horses..

Where are you in life: at the point where the worst things have happened, so things will get better. (as a saying goes, things have to get worse before they get better) working as a short order cook, and doing art now and then in spare time, practising to become mostly an Equine portrait artist but also beable to create more creative types of pictures in the process.

Thanks
    Name: Rob Slanina
    Drawing since: since I could hold a pencil.
    Drawing properly since: 2001
    Current Life Situation: making pizzas at my bud's restaurant. Doing random freelance art. Writing screenplays. Studying spirituality. Having a great time doing it all.
    Goals: resolve all my commitments, then just do awesome stuff for the rest of my life, haha

-Rob
    My Sketchbook
    Encouragement keeps me swimming , even in the undertow of disappointment.

Thanks
    name: lauren short

genda' : male

just kind of noodled onto lined paper throughout my gradeschool life

started to draw correctly around a year or so ago (spring 2004 or so)

where i am in life: currently i go with the flow, life is great, really complex at times but great. i like a lot of different forms of art. i play games too much, but they end up becoming my inspiration, them and music. i love photography and am conflicted as to what to pursue as a career b/c i also love illustration, but i guess we all find our niche somewhere so no worries

Thanks
    Name: SJ Bennighof

Place in Life: Heading to Baylor, a Christian University (yeah, I know) to study art (yeah, I KNOW, I get faculty tuition remission) for a year before I can scrape the cash and the skillz to head off to SCAD. I'm on the verge of seriously relaunching my webcomic, The Paragon Project, and frankly, I'm going to do whatever it takes to make it as a professional webcomicker. I want what Kurtz, Gabe, Tycho, Buckley, and all the rest of them have. The Paragon Project is my artistic thesis; it is as much a part of me as my ability to draw is. All of my efforts here, all of my artistic efforts period are focused on making The Paragon Project the very best it can be. I'm laying it all on the table at a young age. So yeah, that's me.

Thanks
    Name: Luis Felipe Peredo Noguez

Sex: male

Drawing since: I got around figureing out what a pencil
    was for, but I had not to many influences in the crappy forgoten town
    were I lived most of my childhood, so I cant say I had any mayor influces
    while growing, the idea of learning anatomy or perspective never
    crossed my mind in high school, and in my university most my
    teachers did not knew crap of a lot of things I have been learing
    for the past three years here at CA, my first contact with some quality
    art was Steven Stahlberg, I saw his work at ICE.org I was amazed so
    I decided to become an member of that art group, that took me a year
    and I learned a lot of usefull tricks about how to draw digitaly, but still
    I did not knew all that much about perspective or anatomy I used to work
    more by instinct; and some good day I found CA and saw the amazing sketch
    book of lung_bug I decided to find way to learn to draw as good as him
    even if that tooked all my life, about at that time I started my sketchbook
    and my serious studing from Loomis, Horgarth and any other source that
    could teach me how to draw better.

Where I am in life: well I finished up my unversity and currently Im
    trying to educate my self in all the things I did not learned there,
    I am doing my social services and if all goes rigth I might get my
    degree at the end of this year, right now, Im finding myself and
    figuring out what I want to do with my art and with my life, I would love
    to go to study to Watts Atelier or at the California Art Center but I
    dont think I will ever have the money for it, so Im tryng to
    learn as much as I can from my own, I plan on going to Prage to
    the workshop and hopefully some good will come from that.

Peace; keep drawing!
    Last edited by maxetormer; May 9th, 2005 at 05:06 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Name: Toby
    Nation: Austria
    Sex: Yes please! (Male)
    Drawing since: Forever and ever. Started seriously though since the workshop. Previously slacking around rather.
    Where are you in life: Forced to take civilian service after high school. Preparing for getting into university. Single and unhappy about it. Currently slacking in art again. No time and interesting subjects to draw. Planning to go freelance illustrator/concept artist/whatever after studying. Perhaps being lucky and getting a job before studying even.
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks

Arrow

Name: Fionnuala Kelly
    Nation: Australia
    Sex: Female
    Drawing since: Erm. Scribbling since I was a little kid tall enough to slide down the stairwell rails! I remember I used to draw TMNT characters a lot, whihc upset my parents for some reason...
    Where are you in life: First year in uni, doing Design (Vis Communication), hoping to branch out into digital media and illustration. This 'graphic design' stuff is not my cup of tea right now I hope one day I can be good enough to call myself an illustrator or concept artist, but for now I'll just keep practicing. I do have a very bad problem with procrastination, so right now it's what I need to change most about myself.
    Finn | my sketchbook thread | tumblr | Bēhance | gorillaartfare | whiskey, gin, and pints of beer

Thanks
    Nice idea, ancient kitten,

Name: Thorsten Piepenbrink
    Nation: Germany, Castrop-Rauxel (even most germans don´t know where this is located ...)
    Sex: check beard, check pants ... yep, male

Drawing since: as usual since I´ve been a kid. I´ve been most active when I was 15 - 21 working towards a Graphic-Design school. After this reclined drawing for doing Reenactment and a lot of other funthings. Started 2 years ago again, when I discovered this site.

Where are you in life: Art Director in an advertisment agency. Doing from time to time historical illustrations and planning to get more into this field, esp. working for historical publications and museums. Therefor I try to get better in all drawing techniques I can get myself to practise. Unfortunately due to my job my time for this is quite limited (that I tend to spend with reenactment and gaming, too).
    <Insert witty remark here>

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast