[Sketches from a lurker] (Nudity-life drawings)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: [Sketches from a lurker] (Nudity-life drawings)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

[Sketches from a lurker] (Nudity-life drawings)

I have lurked here for a long time, with the only reason for not posting my work being no scanner. Well, I still don't have a scanner, put decided to take pictures using my Digital Camera of some of my traditional works. These incluse Pencil, Charcoal, and Ink/Ink Wash. Most of these are some of my favorites(not neccesarily best) from Life Drawing classes I've taken at Junior College, as well as a couple of drawings done for myself.

I apologize for bad quality and alignment of the pictures.

First, Life-Drawing-

Old Man

Old Man's Face

Sleeping Girl-she actually fell asleep while posing-

These I had a bit more fun with, Life-Drawing-

Old Man huddled

The Hand...of the Old Man

These are some personal work-

Dragon

Leaper

Angel

The last two dragons are the oldest pieces, while the Angel is the newest(birthday present for my mother). I know these aren't the best, but I'm looking for some critiques to help me figure out how to best improve. I've done a good bit of anatomy practice, my entire Life Drawing class was focused on the old man in my above drawings, because he was the only model we had, except for one day when we had the female model. I have also done drawings of some of Hogarth's anatomy pictures.

So what do you all think? Be as blunt and brutal as need be, because I never got any critiques in my classes(everyones too afraid to make someone mad).

+he/\lien])ragon
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

stoph is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    youre drawing from life, you have a posed model in front of you.. and yet im seeing a lot of little slip-ups (anatomical mostly) that really shouldnt be there. the figures look stylised and hardly natural. whilst its a start, i believe you have a bit more work to do to make these pieces worthwhile. the biggest gripe for me is the lack of definition. clean up your linework, its so sketchy in places (the old man's hand inparticular) that you can hardly work out what its supposed to be..

dont be discouraged though, keep it up. a bit of practice will do you the world of good

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanx

Thank you for the critique. I 100% agree though that I need work on anatomy. This class(where the life drawings are from) was really my first time drawing bodies from life. I have always had problems with drawing people, faces especially. Looking over my work and the actual models, I think that the ones of the female are the most accurate, but not my best work in terms of form and actual definition. I plan on taking more classes that will give me good time working with models, and hopefully I can get my skills up to par.

Although, with the old mans hand I wasn't really aiming for cleanliness, more of just trying out something new, and I'm sure the inclusion of 2 more drawings within doesn't help with identifying what it is.

I have a bunch of new sketchpads, so I guess I'll set myself a goal of filling them all in with life drawings and anatomy work.

+he/\lien])ragon

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.