photoshop tablet problem
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: photoshop tablet problem

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

photoshop tablet problem

for some strange reason, in photoshop my tablet doesnt like drawing curves, it changes some curves to straight lines, but it only happens in photoshop, open canvas works fine, but in photoshop if i try to draw a circle this happens:

if i go fast when drawing a curve it makes the lines more straight, im sure you must know how frustrating that is >_<. Ive got a Trust wireless design and work tablet 400 incase you need to know. I would love some help on this, as its really annoying =\.

Thanks, Dave
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Post your system specs, I've seen this happen when the hardware can't keep up.

I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ive got, 1.7ghz celeron processor, 640 mb of ram and a ati radeon 9550 256mb ddr ram, =\ i dont see why the hardware cant keep up

Thanks, Dave

lwjacob Guest
    hey, did u already try reinstalling the program? sometimes that works

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That should be enough as long as resolution isn't too high. In the status bar at the bottom click the triangle and set it to show efficiency, does that drop real low when you your lines get all chunky? Also set it to show swap space, what are those numbers?

If they show bad performance open task manager and kill everything in sight and try again, could be your machine is diseased with all the little programs that like to lurk in the background.

I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This was in another thread. Is the brush setting "Smoothing" enabled?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yup, smoothing enabled, when i look at efficiency it says "100%" and when ive got it on scratch sizes it says "189.2M/457.2M"... ive tried different batteries in the pen, no difference, reinstalled my graphics driver, and my tablet, and photoshop, and direct x... im stuck on this... i dunno how it'd be my machine if im capable of running hl2 but not capable of running photoshop -_-"..... the other thing is, it was never always like this...

Thanks, Dave

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know if this is the problem, but:

TRUST WIRELESS DESIGN & WORK TABLET 400

No matter how advanced the mouse, it can't replace the accuracy of pen and paper. Graphics Tablets are designed to solve that. Trust's Wireless Design & Work Tablet 400 (50, inc. VAT) is aimed at those on a budget who want to benefit from the added versatility of a Tablet.

Trust has kept the design of the Work Tablet 400 to a minimum but we found it comfortable to use. However, we were less impressed with the mouse, which felt cheap and didn't include a scroll-wheel. The pen was bigger than the one found on the Wacom Tablet, with the right-click and doubleclick button too high to be really usable.

Trust supplies the device with some basic design applications, but we tested it using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Clipping images in Photoshop proved reliable and the pad's pressure sensitivity offered a fair degree of responsiveness. However, freehand drawing proved more problematic, as we found the cursor would sometimes skip ahead, or fail to register properly.

Anyone hoping to use the Work Tablet 400 for intricate work will be disappointed, and we wouldn't recommend it to graphics professionals. As a cheap Tablet that can perform basic graphics tasks, though, the Trust Wireless Design & Work Tablet 400 is a viable option.
    -from http://www.whatlaptop.co.uk/Yc_S269oWel2Yg.html

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well that sucks... i need to get a better one -_-.... i dont understand though, because my tablet works just fine in corel painter and open canvas... im broke too so it's gonna be a while before i can get a new one

Thanks, Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.