Thanks

Getting a new compy!

I need help telling my parents what to get. The budget is general, they dont want to buy a 500 dollar piece of crap, but not some 2700 one either. What would be good and affordable for 3d modeling, music, photoshop, flash, all that fancy stuff that I do? And what choices and stuff do I have? Cause I want to get the best value.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Here's a thread about computer requirements for digital painting; most of it applies to 3d work as well (lots of ram, good processor, etc.). Make sure you get a good video card too. Ati cards have been better then nvidia recently, but search around on the internet for video card reviews. As for where to get the computer, all I know is don't do dell or compaq. I had a compaq and the hard drive utterly crapped out after 9 months, and the motherboard turned out to not being able to support xindows xp. They simply go for the cheapest components out there, no questions asked. Allthough this was before they were bought out by hp, so I don't really know how they are quality-wise nowadays.

Thanks
    Please tell me this is indicative of life getting better (you never replied to the other thread, man; it was making people nervous).

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.