Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

mid american blues

hey... all these people are starting to post where they're from and i feel a lack of mid-west US here... I'm in St Louis, MO, i know, bad place for an aspiring designer/animator... is there anyone on this forum out here?!?!!? i feel so lonely!!! oh well, i have my books, and my poetry to protect me...
    j/k.. i mean, i'm not lonely, but it would be cool to know there are others in the same boat. if there are, that is.
    Last edited by fletchgirl; March 11th, 2003 at 03:43 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    i am living here at the moment, my moment being 2 years so far, heh. what a coincidence, we both put that we live in 'misery'.

Thanks
    I'm in colorado. Boulder's a little bit better for artists (possibly..), but it's no like I'm on the coasts. :p poor us.

Thanks
    hahah!!!! that's what my roomate used to call it... Misery... So what're you doing out here?

Thanks
    I moved out here to work on a project for Sony Online. Hopefully it will be done....SOON

I noticed your site said you are freelance...what is keeping you here?

Thanks
    ah yes, the question that's on everyone's mind... why am i in st. louis. well, the short and long answer is: funds. if i don't get a job in L.A. (which is where I want to be...) i can't afford to live there. actually anywhere in CA. i actually like St. Louis a lot, :eek: being raised here... but... all my friends and a good lot of the places i want to work are there. i just deleted a really long sad song of woe :nopity: that went here... consider yourself saved. also, if i'm gonna be in L.A... i need to learn how to drive.

Thanks
    lol @ being able to drive, boy have you got that right.

well whenever you do decide to move out there you should look at moving in as a roommate. i know that seems odd for out here but its pretty customary out there- its really expensive to live alone.

Thanks
    i know it is, when i tell my friends they could be paying off a house for what they're paying a month for a one bedroom apt.... hahahah. i wish i were joking. yeah, i'm sure i could get a roomate there.. i'm under the distinct impression you're not to fond of my beloved hometown, Fisa... you have to at least like forest park, right? free zoo? free art museum? free science center? that's pretty nice, you have to admit.

Thanks
    i don't mean to sound negative...okay maybe a tad. i just grew up in a very different kind of area. i think the fact that i live and reside out in the lake st louis area could attribute to it. very true though- the park, central west end, washington district and the grand blvd area are all very nice.

Thanks
    ah... lake st. Louis. that is a bit different. haha. you sound like you're trying to appease. yes yes, very nice. your little town is fine. hmm, you're like half way to my grandparents house in the boonies. (ie, places with gravel roads.) that's where Sony Online is? I'm in West county, near creve coeur (i've lived here since fifth grade and i'm still not sure i can spell coeur correctly) i like it, at least it stopped snowing and moved on to the insane thunderstorm kind of weather. all in one week! woo hoo! that's the other thing. there's no weather in Los Angeles. i love thunderstorms. and i like having more than two seasons. where were you from before? of, course, my view of L.A. is twisted a bit cause i went to school in Valencia. moving from here to the somewhat desert (oak savannah) is a trip.

Thanks
    I live in California but I was bred in Ohio.

O high..O high O...round on the sides high in the middle.
    "The Jungle Creed
    says the strongest feed
    on any prey it can
    and I was branded beast
    at every feast
    before I ever became a man."

Thanks

sunny california

You guys are missing out!
    I just played some great ball down at Laguna Beach, 70 degrees, clear skies,
    women everywhere!
    Laguna beach is an artist colony right on the coast in southern california. Protectected by hills and a an amzing coastline....the closest thing California has to mediteranian living.

And work is just a 2 min drive!

Thanks
    Actually, it'll be around 70 tommorow here, too. Just cause it snowed last weekend means nothing. Once, when i was about 13, it snowed for a couple of days and the next day it was 70... so we had a snowball fight in T-shirts and jeans.
    There are women everywhere here too. who woulda thought. i know, cause i happen to be one. hahah.
    i've never been to laguna beach, although i love malibu and the santa monica mountains. that is beautiful. But we don't need fake grass in missouri, and grey squirrels and bunnys. and LIGHTNING BUGS!!! i very much felt a lack of lightning bugs in Southern California. and thunder storms. and tornado sirens.

Thanks
    So Lost, you're a buckeye?

Thanks
    aaaahhhh...lightning bugs......
    I used to catch them and put them in jars........and forget to punch holes in the lids.

...You think that would be an easy thing to remember.

I miss Snow also.....
    and real good thunderstorms....
    and tornadoes...
    and crawdaddys....

YEP. I am a buckeye. Being a buckeye I have always wondered what buckeyes are for.

They are a nut but you cant eat them. All they seem to be good for is creating more buckeyes. Kind of a useless cycle.
    "The Jungle Creed
    says the strongest feed
    on any prey it can
    and I was branded beast
    at every feast

Thanks
    i forgot to punch holes in the lid too! although, their survival was never a key issue with me... when i was real little, we used to rip off the light and stick it on our fingers... i never once thought about what was holding it on... i was a monster... we also used to torture daddy long legs...

you know you're from "around here" when you say lightning bug and crawdad (or daddy) instead of "firefly" or "crayfish"
    i was talking to my friends at school, and they'd never heard of lightning bugs... i HAD to call them fireflies. It boggles my mind that there are people who have never seen them. Of course, i didn't see the ocean till i was in seventh grade. even when i am in CA, everytime i hear the beginning of a siren, i think "omg! everybody to the basement!" And iced tea is not iced tea without being sweet. or at least made outside.
    lol about the buckeyes... they're alot like crabapples, huh...

Thanks
    Valerie,

I just checked your work out, I like the animal characters a lot.
    fireflies...
    I almost swallowed one bike riding in North Carolina.

Thanks
    lol... i'm sure i've swallowed a few. i wonder if your stomach glows?

Thanks!!!

Thanks
    if you ever move out here to the west coast ,Fletchgirl, I got some advice. Dont say Pop. Say Soda. Everybody knows what you mean but they love to make fun you......actually kinda traumatic.

Dnt think I have really gotten over it yet.....

"POP?!? what the hell is POP?"
    "you know..Pepsi...coke..."
    "OH! HAHA you mean SODA moron! HAHAHAHA POP!! HAHA
    We should POP you YOU!!! hahahah"
    'uh....fine..I wil just call it a carbonated beverage..okay!"
    ".......whats a carbonated beverage?"
    "The Jungle Creed
    says the strongest feed
    on any prey it can
    and I was branded beast
    at every feast

Thanks
    hahha.... there you have it wrong... i'm a soda person. i figured it out though... "POP" is North of the Mason-Dixon line... "Soda" is South.... this was a major discovery for me... course... when i tell most people... it's what's the mason dixon line?

Thanks
    If you like natural disasters, California has earthquakes you can enjoy.

Thanks
    In detroit, everyone always says "pop"...and i work in a restuarante and I'll give peopel a hard time if they say "Soda" in my state. but when I move out west I don't think I'll ever be able to shake the habit...also, do they play euchre in CA? or is that just a Michigan thing...and I'm sure I'll miss getting my damn car stuck in the snow drifts everymorning on the way to work, but at least I'm not paying $3 a gallon fer gas! only $1.69 in the motorcity
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body

Thanks
    I heard in the north east and texas, it's all "coke"anyway. "can i have a coke" "what kind?" "coke" "what kind?" i do enjoy the earthquakes, the small ones. i know last year, in valencia, we had three in a row, and there was one more the next day. those were just the ones we could feel. according to the web, there were over fifty that night. it was insane. Tornados aren't as bad as they sound. as long as they don't touch the ground on your house, you're okay. except the last big one we had... like.. 6 years ago, My friend was doing her home work and she he's this real loud BANG! so she goes out side and her garage, and every garage down her street had blown IN to there houses. like they imploded. :eek:

Thanks
    I know this is an old thread, but VAL!!! You were one of the ones who made fun of me for saying "pop". I refuse to convert. Hope you had a good time visiting CA. Penguins rule!!

Thanks

got any soda, Pop?

um actually i'm born and raised yank, and all i've ever known is Soda. except for that brief moment in time when i lived in michigan and i started to call it pop :mad:
    anyway southern folk are the ones mostly responsible for the whole pop thing. except here in oklahoma (which i have NO idea why i moved here, be leaving shortly to persure a career in New jersey or orlando) anyway they call every kind of soda coke. you want a coke? they hand you a dr.pepper.... geez.
    so but to the main topic... i guess you could say i'm representing the midwest!!! tornado alley...

Thanks
    wow, that's so confusing... i always thought i'd finally figured it out with the mason-dixon thing... hmm.... well, being from Missouri, St. Louis, too! i guess makes me half yank. maybe that's why my gramma calls it sody-pop.

Thanks
    Just stumbeled upon this post and wanted to say don't despair. You are not alone! LoL I'm Ryan and I'm an aspiring artist also living is St. Louis. I'm currently taking basic courses at Meremac and trying where to move on to next. I'll admit it does feel slightly hopeless here when it comes to an art career. But I hang out to every ounce of hope I have left. LoL Send me an email sometime. It is so awesome to talk to someone with similar intrests in the same area. Oh and I'm sure there's oh so much you could teach me from your CalArtz experiences.

Thanks
    man, you people are out there by King's Island. I used to live in beavercreek, OH, and had a season pass there one year. One day, I will return, and ride the King Cobra 30 times in the last hour before the park closes, again!

Thanks
    Hi,

lol, In Belgium we just call it a cola .

( i've heard of soda pop, but can anyone explain what it literaly means? )

Thanks
    ah the f###ing beast rocks!!!

I used to live in cincinnati... west side, and held the obligatory season pass to help fill my summer nights... jumping into the beast's line just before nine as to ride just after the park closes when the woods are dark!!

bonus if its raining..

So yeah Socal is different, but both places, have their good sides...

and work hard, you'll escape !

later
    Patrick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast