Digital Cameras

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Digital Cameras

Thanks

Digital Cameras

Well, I was thinking about looking into digital cameras, mostly for taking pics of larger pieces and random stuff, but I don't know a whole lot about them. I was hoping that I could get some advice for those of you out there who own one (or two, or three, whatever) on what kind to buy, or maybe just what the most important things to look for in a digital camera (number of pixels, etc etc...)
    Any help or comments at all are appreciated.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    some advice:

Megapixels aren't everything. If you buy an off-brand camera with lots of megapixels, it will probably not compare to a major brand camera, even when compared to lower resolution cameras. There's a basic optics quality that I've never seen measured properly, but the result is that my old kodak dc4800 with 3.1 sloppy grainy megapixels could never compare to my friend's Nikon 2.5 megapixel camera.

Right now nikon and canon digital slr's are pretty good buys. I have a canon digital rebel (6 megapixel) and as far as I can tell it'll do freakin' anything I want it to do. Nikon has an excellent reputation, so one of those would be a good buy. It'd run you about $600, but it's worth it IMO. If you can't afford that, I'd say just stick with a major brand no matter what. Also, I bought both of mine from ebay, for what it's worth.

So there you go. I'm sure there are other threads on this BTW. Look on the net and see what everyone else is using. Good luck!

Andrew Murray
    Concept Artist, Tencent Boston
    www.theincredibleandy.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.