[tablets] graphire vs intuos... which do you use

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

[tablets] graphire vs intuos... which do you use

Hey guys, I have a little question and hope someone on here can answer.

I'm looking to purchase a wacom tablet and I'm not sure whether to go with the Graphire of Intuos.

I am studying industrial design going into 3rd year- so I would use it to draw out product concepts and the like...
    however I also do freelance web and graphic design and I also like to sketch concept art here and there just for fun.

Which tablets do you use, and which would you recommend.

thanks-

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had graphire for over two years and finally got myself a intuos at the beginning of this year. Sadly, I can't tell the difference between the two. I don't feel the pressure sensitivity difference, nor the tilting. Although others claim there's a significant difference... so I dunno, could be just me.
    Either way, it all comes down to your budget. If you can afford intuos, it doesn't hurt to get one. Especially it comes with a slightly better version of painter than graphire's bundle. Also it has two extra special pen tip (not that I use them anyway. too much hassle switch the nips). I feel the intuos mouse is harder to use, it's very heavy. But it's not a big deal.

If you have enough table space, I suggest get the 6x8 size. If you cannot afford a 6x8 intuos, it might be better with a 6x8 graphire instead. 4x5 is pretty small, especially when you like to draw long lines.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've heard the rule of thumb with tablets is buy the biggest one you can get away with if youre gonna hook it up to a desktop.

i get a discount on them anyway, i just wasnt sure which one to go with. so considering the price isnt going to make a huge difference for me, I'll take your advice and go with the intuos3 6x8

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

intuos 3, woot!

I have the intuos 3 6x8 and it is amazing!!! The pen is great and the mouse is as well, it is a little heavier though but it still works well. I'm acutally using my wacom tablet right now! I say if u have the money go with the intuos 3 6 x8 or bigger, if u don't then it doesn't really matter. intuos 3 does come with some better deals and added on merchandise.

-NS

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.