Sketchbook: Farvus' Imaginarium - Page 30
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Farvus' Imaginarium

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 754 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Reika - Thanks! I tried gimp several times but it worked too slow for my computer. Maybe it's better for linux.
    AsaB - I'm architecture student but I used to do some perspective stuff even before university. Thanks for dropping by.
    lilnebo - Hehe. Thanks!

The renovations at home are almost over. I didn't have much chance to draw during that time. Too much digital stuff made me rusty when it comes too pencil and ink sketching but I have enough guts to post here my weaker side .

I try to draw from life when I have chance. Going out into right place usually takes much more time than actuallu drawing something so it needs lots of patience. Few pages from my pocket sketchbook.
    Name:  sk156.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  130.2 KB

Some crappy brushpen doodles. Mostly warmup stuff and trying out different things.
    Name:  sk157.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  186.2 KB

Last week was stressful but at the same time really cool things happened. Some small sketchgroup formed in my area and not only that but it's all really awesome artists. They posted some stuff on this forum. Check them out. It's ManiakS and daroz. I had great time talking with them and sharing experiences . Here are some sketches from our meeting. Robot and some weird monster.

Name:  sk158.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  100.7 KB
    Name:  sk159.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  87.1 KB

And some very recent stuff. I tried to continue doing some color studies from life with my watercolor pencils. Some are simple objects from my room and some are quick cityscapes.
    Name:  sk160.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  197.9 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I bought recently some really cool japanese brushpen. I tried it out and to be honest I never had so much pleasure from drawing. I don't even had to touch the paper. It's like moving the hand in the air and the lines appear on paper. Wonderful experience.

Name:  sk162.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  101.4 KB

Name:  sk163.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  106.9 KB

Name:  sk164.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  116.7 KB

Name:  sk165.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  121.0 KB

Name:  sk166.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  122.0 KB

Name:  sk167.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  126.4 KB

Hands are my weak spot and I decided to do something about it. Studying them requires tons of patience.

Name:  sk168.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  123.5 KB
    Name:  sk169.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  106.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great animals sketches! I want that japanese brushpen:>
    haha, i know what you mean with that patience I definately need some! I know that some day i would have to learn how to draw hands and i'm terribly scared just thinking about it! Anyway, great work

haha, dzięki temu forum nie tylko uczę się rysować, ale tez zmuszam się żeby po angielsku pisać
    pozdr.
    Monika

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those brush pen drawings are wonderful

Last edited by AndreasM; July 17th, 2008 at 07:26 PM.
    Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 645 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice brush works man!
    Thats the way to inspire us begginers tackle your weaknesses eh
    Well you'll be drawing amazing hands in no time with you keeping it up and doing studies.
    Thanks for comment on my sb will definatley start working bigger I think working bigger just kind of scares me lol but i'll push my self to it more
    Thanks peace
    and keep at it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    monna-giovanna - Hehe, thanks. Zarówno rysowanie jak i angielski wychodzą ci bardzo dobrze .
    n0fish - Thanks, man.
    lilnebo - Well. It\s always about finding weakness and facing it. Thnx.

Bunch of new anatomy studies. (ref from here) I decided to go back to basics of figure construction.

Name:  sk170.jpg
Views: 1094
Size:  134.3 KB

Name:  sk171.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  115.2 KB

Name:  sk172.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  103.7 KB

Name:  sk173.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  93.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, great reference man! Those mannequins look gorgeous, I am sorry that I have nothing to crit but honestly I lost my grip on your stuff months ago already. You're flying higher and higher.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man!
    Love your environments and pencils! Great lines!
    Keep em coming!

--(-)|dE--

portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man!
    i really like it when i see people your level kind of going back to basics and keeping with studies not just forgetting about them.
    Anywayz great studies up there really awesome
    Oh and how do you translate that reference page haha i can't read any of it....
    anywayz keep it up and waiting for you next update

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Farvus,

One short question, are you interessted to make a small job for my modding team?

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=131618

Please write me back.

Greetings
    MegaMaster, Team Leader

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ~Faust~ - Thanks!
    Hideyosh - Hey. Thanks! I love your sci-fi art .
    lilnebo - Thanks! I use website translator - http://www.worldlingo.com/en/website...ranslator.html
    CP Modding - Ok.

I think that's enough of anatomy for a while.

Name:  sk174.jpg
Views: 1006
Size:  88.1 KB

Name:  sk175.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  106.1 KB

Name:  sk176.jpg
Views: 1002
Size:  99.9 KB

My cat resting.

Name:  sk177.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  83.2 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awww your cat is so cute! the figures look good but maybe even go a little further and exaggerate their poses a little.

HP Farvus Onir YihyoungLi d-CepT
    --------------------------------
    www.emilysu.net
    Facebook me! Emily Su at UTexas at Dallas!!!
    emilysuart.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hp - Thanks! The poses were drawn from reference so I tried to stick to proportions.

Here's some enviro I painted for some modding group. I haven't tried so complicated scene for long time and it got really hard at the end. I'll do another one now.
    EDIT: Slightly increased color and value contrast beacause it was a bit too muddy.

Name:  concept06finish.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  226.1 KB

Last edited by Farvus; August 5th, 2008 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome enviro mate! How long have you been sitting at this? Just curious, I'm asking myself if I'd be able to pull off something like this, probably not ...

Yeah just one thing about it (Might be more personal taste, tough), the roofs of the buildings are all very flat and very defined. In fact, they form the biggest contrast in the picture, leading the eye straight away from the action rendering it to a really calm peace. Also, those roofs serve as pointers, composition-wise. The building on the right as well as the one on the left are ointing at the same spot in the picture which is basically empty. (The place here the lines are crossing). Maybe that would have been a good spot to put the helicopter in.
    But I'm just being a nut-picker, awesome job!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ~Faust~ - Thanks! Together with collecting reference I was painting it for about 5 days. As for the composition... I'm not sure. The roof edges might as well point the yellow building. I also think empty space can be good composition device that can give some rest for the eye.
    It's not classical illustration but more like environment design and have to be approach differently. I haven't found good balance though. Maybe I'll ask some pro how to do these kind of pics.

In my city there is once a year a Open-Air Theatres Festival called FETA. I was on few shows and there was really moody one from France - "Insomnia" by Materia Prima group. At the very beginning a pale woman on white horse emerged from the darkness. She looked like some ghost. I tried to paint her from my memory. Here's some quick speedpaint.

Few photos from "Insomnia" HERE and HERE (both are not mine)

Name:  sp470.jpg
Views: 2859
Size:  95.2 KB

Last edited by Farvus; October 5th, 2008 at 08:09 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Farvus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow you mus have gained some very good visualization-skills from pulling that off out of your memory! Very good job man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ~Faust~ - Thanks. I don't have that good visualisation skills. Only general mood was from memory. I looked only at some horse photo to render it's neck properly.

Today I reorganized some of images on my computer. I tried to categorized most of my recent images by subject (enviro, character, etc.) rather than by level of finish. This way I'll better keep track of my improvement.
    I also improved some of my brushes and removed not used ones.

Some quick test of my new brush set.

Name:  env21.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  134.7 KB

I also played a bit with Alchemy program for creating random shapes (check out the thread in lounge for more info). Some symmetrical shape inspired me to paint some weird fantasy architecture.

Name:  env22alch.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  94.9 KB
    Name:  env22.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  128.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heeeeyyyyyyy
    Sorry i haven't dropped by in some time
    Really awesome stuff
    And nice anatomy studies
    I really like your enviros their crazy awesome
    Oh my fav so far is the last picture how you turned that black and white into some amazing painting :o
    I'll be back later for more art!
    Cya and keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lilnebo - Thanks. I'm glad you like it.

I recently don't paint very intensely. It's hot in the afternoon and it kind of makes me a little bit more lazy. The good news is I have new better tablet - Wacom Intuos3 A5 Wide. It feels like drawing on a silk. It will take time till I get used to it but it's already a big relief. Drawing detail is not so tiring anymore.

I thought I'd write here something insteado of just putting images. I need to remind myself that my development is not only technical things in art. It's easy to get lost in all that rendering, colors or anatomy. There is also need to change myself as a person and change my approach to life. I often forget my resolutions and go back into routine though. More peaceful time gave me opportunity for some bigger reflection on everything. Right now I feel like I'm starting to become slightly different person.
    In my case most of my creativity comes from literature. Maybe going into all those fantasy worlds and aesthetic connected with them is great but while being kind of a dreamer, the life is abandoned and not taken care of. Of course those two things are not so much opposing. The whole thing is - I'm a bit solitary person by nature. When I analyse all my contacts with friends, there is always some small distrust or maybe somthing else that I can't really get my head around. No matter how enthusiastic I am when getting the first contact, other things easily pull me away from them. So I thought recently that maybe I should find more facination in down-to-earth life. This way I could stay in harmony with my nature and at the same time find some link to what's happening around me or in the world. More focus on people's life can also give me something that I can put into created fantasy. It's like killing two birds with one stone.
    Among other things that small part connected with my taste is changing. It might sound unclear to you but for me it's that inconspicuous link that was waiting for the right moment to connect many puzzles together. Just don't expect drastic change in my art. It's more about personality and general outlook on life. Phew.... Enough of this pseudo-philosophical babble .

Here's some art done with my new tablet. Enviro inspired a bit by Malczewski's paintings.

Name:  env23.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  129.5 KB

Name:  char18.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  88.9 KB

Last edited by Farvus; August 3rd, 2008 at 09:01 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i'm excited to see what kind of art you will have in changing your life

the painting with the woman on the horse is really moody. i'd love to see more stuff like that.

www.emilysu.net
    emilysuart.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, we all get older and iser, you should look forward to it!

Just keep reminded that you're not alone on this journey.

I wonder who you are referring to in that second picture? Not possibly you?!?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, I'm sorry I haven't stopped in too much lately I've said it numerous times but you've improved quite alot. Your paintings and drawings all have great mood to them, and you continue to improve with em. The recent environment has a really relaxing feel to it in my opinion; not sure how else to describe it but it really has a great atmosphere. The face is great too

Good to hear that you're looking to change your life and your art; above all you should be happy and comfortable in life. Also we have plenty of time to do studies and such, but the enjoyment we get from outside sources is what really makes our art ours, right? I'm just repeating things to you I'm sure, but either way I wish you the best of luck and I can't wait to see how things come out

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hp - Thanks!
    ~Faust~ - Hehe. Yeah. It's referring to me . Thanks for encouragement.
    Onir - There is no need to feel sorry. I sometimes don't put enough effort to post in people's sketchbooks beacause of lack of energy. Creating art is already big effort.
    Enjoyment from outside sources is essential to create anything unless you copy other artist. It's also something that makes art more exciting and interesting. Thanks for motivation.

Today I finished second concept for modding group. I watched a bit of "Black hawk down" movie to feel the right mood. There is three soldiers in typical marines clothes and one with more delta force look.

Name:  concept04finish.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  150.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, that's EXACTLY what I think that enviro concept-art should be! Great lighting and textures, simple yet extremely effective use of architecture and good prop-placement (Providing cover but not disturbing the path of action).

Not to speak of the quality of the render, hich is top-notch also

Fuck, you remind me that there's yet so much to learn but you also show me that being a master of your own genre IS possible. Very very nice, no crits on the last one, just awesome, this is definately a level-up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ya know, I completely agree with Faust; the design and layout of the setting, the way the characters are moving through the setting, and the lighting and texture of the setting are all working perfectly together. The light above the door amidst the dark around it and the way the people are in movement in that direction toward it let you know exactly what is happening. One of the biggest things for me about this as well is that it's BELIEVABLE. And for a game mod (which I can assume is a mod for an FPS?) that's one of the main elements that will draw the player in.

Top notch work man, great job And I'm not sure if I've said it before but you've got nice handwriting lol.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ~Faust~ - Thanks! This small assignment forced me to do more complicated stuff than usual and I just did what I could. There's still lots of things to learn. Especially in design and composition.
    Onir - Thanks, man. It was all about putting more time into planning stage. I sketched few thumbnails and made sure everything is completly readable even in black and white (I learned that from Syd Mead video). Later it was just putting layer of realism onto that. And my usual handwriting is looks much worse .

I feel like studying color from some old masters again. This time Jan Stanislawski landscape paintings. I was on one exhibition with his art few months ago and I loved it. The studies are not completely accurate. It's done on purpose. I try to keep it fun and when I get bored, I proceed to something new.

Name:  stanislawski01.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  142.7 KB
    Name:  stanislawski02.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  116.7 KB

I found few shots from animatrix "Beyond" that I didn't paint. Here they are.
    Name:  beyond04.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  95.6 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice mod concept

my crit is the painting of the river - the water doesn't look like a flat surface. i know the source painting doesn't quite look flat either but it looks kind of strange.

www.emilysu.net
    emilysuart.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 449 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful last pages, man, your productivity is inspiring I really like your enviros a whole lot, your perspective seems spot on, which makes the whole picture just work. Even with the most beautifully rendered pictures, if the perspective is a bit faulty, it all falls with it. And I don't think you have that problem, your work is reads very pleasantly to my eyes. Actually, your rendering is one of the better I've seen here, so this combined makes one great art.

I can't really see anything right now that seems off. Your latest batches have been great and you seem to be improved by the page. I hope you'll keep this pace up, your SB has been a great pleasure to browse through!

sketchbook / sketchblog / deviantart / facebook / twitter / e-mail

"assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - cicero

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    epic stuff in here, I love your enviros!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aggh your my hero
    you make me want to paint digitally! and very few people make me want to do that haha
    I love the amount of studies and work you do!
    The last couple of enviros are kick ass as usual
    And the last scenes are awesome, simple yet amazingly effective
    keep it up!

Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3