Art: Pond
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Pond

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Pond

I did this all tonight...to me, its a big step up. In my work. C & C welcome.

Thanks

Justin.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know why nobody answered. It's nice piece, nice atmosphere. The only two things that I don't like is that the island in the center looks square, artificial, and your folliage is a bit chunky. Maybe by using a smaller brush you could have something lighter. I really dig the purplish mist.

Concept Art
    Comic Art
    Illustration
    Artist for hire

Portfolio
    Blog

Repossessed: a Graphic Novel in the making
    REPOSSESSED

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks man, yeah, lots of people at other forums have been saying, the same thing about the island, and it has also been bothering me, i think im gonna have to fix it, thanks!

Anyone else have anything to say? Or do you all like it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

good landscape

Man you have drawn a such realistic landscape!
    im interested, in how you do such work.
    I have only one critique and that is the brushpiont.
    I think you should use smaler brush pionts to create more datialed pictures.

If your Religion doesn't change your life, you better change your Religion...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A few comments on your piece. I like the atmosphere you've created, very dark and it is a very nice piece. I have to criticisms. On the island, black_fish said that it is very square, I'll agree with that, and that helps it to look less organic. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but seeing that all the trees are reflected in the water, I'm assuming that the island is also depicted as being reflected. I think here you run into a problem because there's no real definition as to where the island ends and the reflection begins. I'm not suggesting you throw in some giant highlight or something to delineate, I think just a little bit of an indication would be helpful. Secondly. The mist from the background affects that tree on the right and appears to be in front of it. That just seems a little odd to me, it's probably nitpicking on my part. It just seems to me that the mist doesn't really affect any foreground areas anywhere else, so I guess it stands out as sitting a little funny.

Just stuff to consider. Great piece though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    rockdraw:

At this, time, i couldnt really tell you in words how i do this, but, its pretty much, really simple, normal digital painting, maybe read up on some digital painting tutorials, i did a while back, and after it just kinda merges into your own painting style. And, as for the smaller brushes for details, yea, i should do that. To tell you the truth, when this wasn't as rendered, and just sloppy brush strokes everywhere it sorta looked better, as it has alot more shape to it. and detail... etc.

caulisxcaput:

As for the island being square, yeah, alot of people have been saying this on other forums. This definetely needs to be fixed, i think maybe my problem with this as well, as maybe i should of gave myself a bigger canvas to work on.

You said: Now correct me if I'm wrong, but seeing that all the trees are reflected in the water, I'm assuming that the island is also depicted as being reflected.

I dont know what you mean by this, can you explain more? And, as for the misting hitting the tree in the foreground, yeah, i wasn't sure myself if i should have made the mist, come forward that far, maybe i will change that, and make the tree solid.

Thanks for your comments!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.