Thanks

CCAD peeps?! Going this year?

Anyone going to the Columbus College of Art and Design this coming year?
    Holler up here!

Last edited by Denart; May 1st, 2005 at 05:28 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    aw man you know i am
    "we are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit"
    -Aristotle

my OLD sketchs urban Exploration SITE!
    my BLOG

Thanks
    That's me, yo.

Thanks
    Looks like it's just us fellas. JAIR, which orientation are you going to?

Thanks
    moccomouse- i gunna try to go to the same one as denart! ...i think that is in august right before classes start! ....eh man what are you going in for

how bout you?

have any of you guys seen the campus yet???
    i was just there for an awards cerimony its a pretty big deal school i didn't even realize! ...i also saw the senior thesis show... REALLY NICE STUFF!!! (especially in illustration) i took some pictures i'll post em later!
    peace!
    "we are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit"
    -Aristotle

my BLOG

Thanks
    Oh thats right you better post some (i mean, a lot!) of photos from the senior thesis! hahaha Mostly the illustration students. Cool

thanks mang

Thanks
    JAIR - Well, according to the thing they sent me, if you go to one of the orientations in June, you get higher priority when it comes to course selection and etc. Also, it would be nice to tour the campus an get acclimated before schools starts, is what I'm thinking. But I'm not sure.

What did you think of the campus?

Thanks
    Yeah i'll be posting piX very soon maybe tomarrow!

but yea i love the school and the campus it reminded me of CIA...

CCAD has like 8 or 10 buildings 2 dorm halls and i dunno... But yeah i love the layout tons of trees (i love being under a tree and climbing them too!) it's right next to DOWNTOWN columbus so everything is right there... the atmosphere is very peacful almost park like... with the art museum next door you'll never run outta inspiration! ...but the dorms! ..i dunno 4guys share one bathroom kitchen and everything DANG! that'll be crazy and Smelly too... (thats why you make quick friends and move into a nice apartment!

pretty good artwork i know when i get in there, there will be alot of competition! At the top scholars award cerimony about 75% of the top scholars are goin in for Illustration so we'll see what kinda talent we got goin there!

--until next time!
    -peace
    -Aristotle

my BLOG

Thanks

Thanks
    I replied your email! oh well, it's resent via PM style

anyways, WOW! wicked shots. thanks for uploading them man

looks like a coro!
    CCAD peeps?! Going this year?

Thanks
    I was deciding between DAAP and CCAD and ended up choosing DAAP. I missed the major I wanted because I applied late and because my SAT and ACT scores were a smidgen too low. I am going to UC anyway and I am going to try to make DAAP in the winter. If I don't get in I may be joining you.

BTW, does anybody know Dexter Rothschild? I draw caricatures with him at PKI.

Thanks
    Wow JAIR, cool stuff, thanks for posting. The campus looks so green! (I live in a stupid desert, gonna have to get used to foliage I suppose)

I'm freakin' out! I'm going to college man, I'm going to college! It's finally starting to sink in.
    Last edited by Moccomouse; May 24th, 2005 at 04:07 AM.

Thanks
    yeh so i am definitly goin to the august orientation (even though that was my last choice) oh well so is anyone else goin in august as well...
    oh well...
    -Aristotle

my BLOG

Thanks
    I'm a CCAD grad, just popping in. Scheduling isn't really an issue for freshman, since you get put in a scheduling group and have your classes with pretty much the same people all year. With competition, I'll warn you that not all teachers there are created equal. If you can get a 2D class with McKissick, do it! He always calls the BS, and makes you look like an idiot in front of everyone if you're not pushing yourself. Also, Gregg Kumlien is an AWESOME painting teacher (or Anita Dawson). I liked Tam Peterson for Color Concept. You'll figure out who the good teachers are. You might be able to switch before the semester starts.

When I was a freshman I hated Columbus, but now I miss it. Check out Hound Dog's on High st, and when you want sweet art books hit up the Half-Price Books. For some reason they keep getting sweet art books and sell them hella cheap. (JoshuatheJames got the Dean Cornwell book for ten bucks, instead of 70 retail.) North Market in the short North has good food from different countries. For movies, there's AMC Lennox for most stuff (we saw Ghost in the Shell 2 there, so it's a good selection) and for indy films there are 2 Drexel theaters (we saw Triplets of Bellville there). The Anime Palace used to be open to the public, but now it's membership-based. Those bastards...

Also, I'm sorry in advance that the museum's not up to par. They got 2 Norman rockwells, some George Bellows, and some random stuff here and there, but not enough. For a good museum, make a trip to Cleveland. (Do it early before the homework really kicks in.)

thanks for the pics, JAIR. I was wondering what the art looked like this year. I swear it was better when my class was there, but I'm sure it comes and goes.

Blind Willie-I know Dex. I graduated '03 and worked at Cedar Point and Sea World Florida, so I'm down with Kaman's. I heard he's a lead or supervisor or something at PKI. I went to put-in Bay last year, and I thought it was hilarious that the PKI people all made "seven nation army" shirts. That, and they all seemed like they were surfers from California. Cool guys though.

Good luck with CCAD guys. Work your asses off, and expect all-nighters. If they don't happen, you're probably not working hard enough.
    Andrew Murray
    Concept Artist, Tencent Boston
    www.theincredibleandy.com