New Albums

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: New Albums

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

New Albums

I figured there's no reason to open a new thread for every good band there is, and "list favourite bands" gets old after a while. So here's another one. What coming albums do you look forward to? Which (relatively) new albums did you get, and love/hate?
    I got the new Queens Of The Stone Age album yesterday and so far it's, well, ok. Doesn't exactly disappoint, but it feels like more of the same. So, I don't wanna brag, what's new? I heard there's a new System Of A Down album out, although that left me pretty unimpressed. Then there's a new Audioslave album coming ... well, with summer and festivals on their way, i guess there's more.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the idea of good music threads, but it seems that they always get completely swamped with giant lists of band names, and it's hard to use simply a list as a means to discover new music. So with that, here are a few new CD's that I bought that are pretty decent, tried to keep this as short as possible, so as not so bombard the post with a huge ass list of names. Im the kind of person that likes CDs you can put on and play through the entire album, and it's all good. Here are a few of those.

Mogwai - Happy songs for Happy People

one of the better CDs ive picked up in a long time. Mostly insturmental. Ambient, but very full of energy

The Appleseed Cast - Mars Vitae

A solid emo rock band. Similar to Trail of Dead in a lot of ways. A good range of styles within their context, and not the formula driven type of music structure so much.

And you Will Know us by the Trail of Dead - Source Tags and Codes

Not that recent of an album, but very solid. the track "How Near, How Far" is one of the best songs I have heard all year.

Sunny Day Real Estate - The Rising Tide

A lot of good mellow tracks on this one. Probably my favorite album by this band.

Centaur - In Streams

HUM frontman Matt Talbot's band. Very reminiscient of the early droning riffage of Hum's Electra 2000 album (which I think is far and away their best)

not all of these are new perse, but ones I have been listening to primarily lately

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NIN - With Teeth

I've heard two of the tracks on this album and it sounds like it'll be great, though it's got a more maintstream feel to it I think it'll be great none the less.

Franz Ferdinand (July)

Pretty good rock band and I like most of there stuff.

The Darkness (Summer)

They're amazing in concert and there songs are just as amazing on an album, it's a shame they didn't get that far in North America (Canada).

Gorillaz - Demon Days (may 23rd)

I saw the new video, it's visually amazing and they have a great new sound though I wish they would start showing themselves rather than the cartoony characters they've made for themselves.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nu: Tone - Brave Nu World
    Influx UK - 2 MILLION AND RISING
    DJ Marky - Bingo Sessions vol.2

I got Amy Winehouse's album and I listen to it everyday on my way to work, and drawing, Definitely love it.

Nu:Tones album is gonna be off the chain!!

Last edited by gruve24; May 3rd, 2005 at 09:52 PM.
    blog

Quote Originally Posted by Vhan juju
    I don't know what happend to guys like you gruve24, but whatever it is, it sure has a way of destroying hearts...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm looking forward to the new Coldplay album...will be interesting.

And of course, new Dream Theater album. The cover looks lame as hell...but it's Dream Theater so it will probably be pretty good anyway. I want them to make more of a pop album than metal, though, but if the song titles ("The Root of All Evil"? hahahaha!) are any indication, this is more Train of Thought stuff.

I'd also like to hear the new Audioslave album, but I don't really have any expectations.

Other than that...my favorite new albums so far this year:

Moneybrother - To Die Alone
    The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
    Porcupine Tree - Deadwing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just bought the new album by the Eels... "Blinking Lights and Other Revelations." Good stuff. I usually don't like it when bands do a double album, but this one is worthwhile.

Hey oracrest... I like that Rising tide album as well. I just wish some of those goofy lyrics weren't in there though. "She's in my head... like TELLLeviSSSSSSION!!!!" Haha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    recent purchases
    Queens of the Stone Age : Lullabies To Paralyze
    If you liked their first album, this is a good follow up.

Z Trip : Shifting Gears
    To be honest I had never heard his work before this. The big sell on this was seeing that he did some work with Lyrics Born and Chester Bennington. I ended up falling in love with this album and would consider this one of my lucky guesses at the store. For anyone that likes break beats or hip hop, I highly recommend picking this up.

Gorillaz : Demon Days (if you're wondering how I have this, it's a promo copy)
    Very VERY different sound than their last album. The 2 released tracks (Feel Good Inc. and Dirty Harry) are great tracks, the rest of the album sounds nothing like these 2 tracks. Overall I'd say that it's touch and go for me. I really like their first album, this one has its moments. Hopefully they'll be releasing a DVD like they did with Celebrity Takedown.

albums I have a few tracks off of and will be purchasing day of release.
    Weezer : Make Believe
    NIN : With Teeth (tomorrow)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I understand that Beautiful Creatures has already released the new album in Japan, though it's still on it's way to a release here in the 'States. If you aren't into good time, rockin' for the hell of it music, then I don't know if I can reccommend them, but they kick ass live, and always come out to have some drinks with fans after a show. You might remember Joe from his other band... (dinosaur alert!) Bang Tango.

Dave

Tommy Thumbscrew,
    Dave McGowan Design

"I like hot dogs," he said with relish.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking forward to the new WEEZER album! Will be out soon.
    The single, "Beverly Hills" rocks!

Oh yeah, gonna check out NIN's WITH TEETH. Love Trent

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NIN's With Teeth is.. well.. different. I'm not used to Nails sounding this way, it's going to take some getting used to. I've only listened to it once but it's going to be getting more rotation in my play list this week. As opposed to the popular opinion amongst my friends I liked The Fragile, With Teeth is a bit hit and miss. It isn't really anything like their old stuff, or The Fragile. Next week, it's all about Weezer baby! On a side note, I'm really psyched because Appleseed the movie is coming out on DVD next week
    -Mike V

Last edited by Undertow; May 4th, 2005 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was going to buy "With Teeth" two days ago, but decided to spend the money on pencils and paper. I guess i'll still pick it up. When i was at the record store, i found out the Blood Brothers had released a new album at the beginning of this year.
    I need to spend money on music magazines again. I had no idea Weezer and The Eels had new albums out! I'll definitely check out the new Eels album. But first i'll buy the Blood Brothers record. If you're not familiar with them, they sound like Refused on speed. The singers are crazy, screeching at the top of their voices. It's hysterical.
    Is that a new Franz Ferdinand record coming out, Chris? I like maybe half of their songs. I love hearing it in clubs. That, Interpol, Modest Mouse ... good music for drinking beer and hanging around.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Chяis
    Franz Ferdinand (July)

Pretty good rock band and I like most of there stuff.

The Darkness (Summer)

They're amazing in concert and there songs are just as amazing on an album, it's a shame they didn't get that far in North America (Canada).

Gorillaz - Demon Days (may 23rd)

I saw the new video, it's visually amazing and they have a great new sound though I wish they would start showing themselves rather than the cartoony characters they've made for themselves.
    Definitly the Gorillaz and The Darkness. Didnt know Franz Ferdinand is coming out with another one. I mean didnt they just come out with one

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking forward to the new System of a Down album coming in a couple of weeks, The best album to come out in the last couple of months has to be The Mars Volta:Frances the Mute......

http://www.artboycat.com

Do you need a Web Designer? Contact me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Comeback Kid - Wake the Dead

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Porcupine Tree-Deadwing came out in March, great band

Nine Inch Nails-With Teeth, Im a fairly new fan of them so I dont know much about their other stuff but I like this cd along with The Downward Spiral which I just got.

Audioslave-Out of Exile, I like the single but Im not too sure how the album is going to turn out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by nor
    Comeback Kid - Wake the Dead
    for real man, this band is great. makes me wanna throw stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm sorry to break your hearts guys, but the new Weezer album makes me wanna hurl. The lyrics are THE WORST, like they hired someone's 9-year old son to come up with cliche sayings for them to fill their album with. The Beverly Hills song is by far the best, which is REALLY sad. Even the sound is lame. It's not even a copy off their old stuff, but simply them finding what sucked about all their bad songs and piecing those parts into a whole song. Seriously, where happened to songs like "only in Dreams" and "Say it ain't so"? Now we have choruses like "you really freak me out" and "we're best friends," not to mention the epic masterpiece "we're all on drugs," with the unforgettable phrase "drinkin' chugs." CHUGS!

Okay Weezer, the joke's over. You can let us hear the REAL album now, not this pathetic crap I listened to last Sunday. Truly the WORST album I've heard in a LONG time...and this coming from a die-hard blue album fan. Now I listen to a now defunct band called Ozma that, IMHO, picked up where Weezer left off and added their own flair. Check it out guys!

Last edited by theincredibleandy; May 6th, 2005 at 12:45 AM.
    Andrew Murray
    Concept Artist, Tencent Boston
    www.theincredibleandy.com

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.