Thanks

Voluntary human Extinction movement

http://www.vhemt.org/

ok ok ok... now, if you want to hear my true oppinion about this site. They do make some pretty good points, BUT i think "extinction" is the wrong word to use... Anyways, anyone whos religious in here please just swallow your ego/pride a bit and read this website. This is very interesting...

now, AFTER you read this website please let us hear your oppinion...

Also, after first reading the title of this website, they were claiming it's for the good of the world. Thats when i said to myself "see, selflessness just like everything else can go TO FAR". I thought they were those whacko animal activists who hate our own species and we SHOULD die out. These people from what I've read so far just think we should lighten the load on the human race for a bit. Some good arguments were about poverty and how theres to many of us to the point where we are destroying all the resources we need.
    Last edited by Wisdom_Cube; April 29th, 2005 at 02:18 PM.
    "One needs a certain humility to learn, arrogance never does good." Chiseledrocks.com article

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    If we had more people like this... well, we'd have less people like this.

Thanks
    hahahaha

the sites pretty funny. But every question you ever ask them they have already answered in there.
    Last edited by Wisdom_Cube; April 29th, 2005 at 02:59 PM.
    "One needs a certain humility to learn, arrogance never does good." Chiseledrocks.com article

Thanks
    overpopulation of the planet pretty much is the most glaring factor in a lot of the problems that the human race faces.

a long term(really long) plan to completely remove humans from existence is just silly though.
    it seems more like people that choose not to have kids looking for a nod from the public...as though not having kids was ever frowned upon by anyone other than an annoying mother in law.

of course I'm more of the persuasion that we should be fruitful and multiply...but only if we intend to make kickass fruits...and most people don't.

There are an infinite amount of reasons that one could come up with in order to support the movement...but ultimately it's ridiculous.

-Rob
    My Sketchbook
    Encouragement keeps me swimming , even in the undertow of disappointment.

Thanks
    Im sure everything will be fine in the future. I honestly dont think the world is TOO overpopulated or that it can be, really. Plus, technology is pushing through, for example no more dependency on fossil fuels for running vehicles might become a reality pretty close into the future. You never know, we could populate mars in the far far future... lol, probably. The only reason why i dont doubt the human race is because look at everything we've achieved so far that in the past others said we couldnt acheive.

Thanks
    hippies are gettin bored these days.

Thanks
    And, desperate.

Thanks
    "And who will take care of your pension, hmmm ?"

Thanks
    People like this irritate the living hell out of me.

That said, they can just go and extinct themselves out of existence.

~S (*really* working hard not to climb on my soap box....)

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    I saw this on a philosophy forum.... and did they ever spure some interesting arguments. However, its not that we have too many kids, its just we like sex too much =D

Thanks
    oregano man your welcome to do so i really dont think you can offend anyone on this subject no one seems to agree with it lol

Thanks
    I will never have kids. If i want a kid i will adopt. 40,000 kids dead per day is too many for me. Im not gonna be greedy and make it one more.

Thanks
    No need for an organized movement, we will eventually wipe ourselves off the face of the earth, involuntarily.
    DON'T CLICK THIS

Thanks
    The funny thing about your mention of religious dudes in the first post is that this problem with people in general that the site talks about is heavily supported by Chrisitianity, at least. However, I'll shut up about that now and paraphrase Crichton: What factors determine the "quality" of a biosphere? Oxygen was a poisonous gas back when there were only plants on Earth; and an overproduction of oxygen by the plants caused the neccesity for creatures to evolve which could breath oxygen. Who's to say that more creatures won't evolve that can survive in the "poisonous" environment that we are creating through pollution, and then they act as a balance, like we did with plants and oxygen? Who's to say that a life brought into the world, only to be taken from the world very soon after, was a wasted life? Don't we all die sometime?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    If I have to go extinct, I'm taking the rest of the planet with me.

Thanks
    Here you go * gives a soap box out to every person on the planet*... maybe we can all be constructive now... AHAHAHAHA *sigh*

Thanks
    So life is all about balance....have we cultivated a balance as a human race?
    [][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Thanks
    No. The same way that plants didn't when they produced too much oxygen.