Art: My concept art...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My concept art...

Hey guys, it's been a looooong time since I have even poked my head around here... But I have been busy... I have been doing some concept art for a Half-Life 2 mod currently called Resident Evil: the Evil Begins, but we are changing it to a more original story and title, Infection. I am very satisfied with my drawings as are my fellower modders but I wanted some opinions from some fellow artists...

I did'nt pose this guy, don't know why... I started him by drawing a mans frame then a skeletal structure (quite exagerated for his right side) then the muscualar structure on the right. Then I did the skin, and smoothed things out.

I did this guy the same way but it is based on a very rough drawing done in MSPaint by another member of our mod.

I started this guy by just drawing some shapes and some usual bi-pedal features... Did a lot of layering and layer property changing to get the skin to look the way it does, I went back to the guy above and added that technique to them to make them more interesting.

A very overly muscular dog I did. I used an anotomy book for the skeletal structure since I havent drawn a dog since i was twelve... I then drew in the muscles and the skin.

And I used the skeletal structure layer from the one up top and used little to no muscle tone for the zombie version. To get the blood I used some blood splatter images from google and made brushs out of them, I use them for almost everything now...

Oh and after having a Wacom drawing tablet for 5 years I am finally used to it... Took a while... Now I am thinking about upgrading to an Intous 2. Do any of you guys use it?

Last edited by Soulrape; April 28th, 2005 at 10:41 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Because of some weird anatomy most of these ummmm zombies dont look like they could move around very well at all.

If i shoot the J then its "Good"

please hit up the SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well... Hmmm most zombies don't move around too well... But is there anything that it is like wrong with the anatomy.. Like do I have the protortion on the zombie correct? That what I really want to know. I tend to make legs too short and head too small...

Oh and I have problems drawing females... And tips, or tutorials you guys could recommend?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My anatomy blows, havn't got much practice yet... but nay way, here's the generic link most will give for anatomy, as well as the suggestion to get a book, along with the "There are not tips or tricks, just hard work!" quote. Have fun

www.saveloomis.org

Crappy stuff by me!
    Please check it out and drop advice, tell me what I'm doing wrong, and suggest things to learn!!!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...723#post428723

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i guess that on the concepts you had a filter with the lineart then under that layer you applied your coloring, im not a fan of this method, since you tend to replace shading with colors by crude desaturated dark lines. most of the monsters have monstrous anatomy ( nice word play eh? ).
    the deformed's hands needs a lot of work, you could pratice drawing hands more often.
    about the tablet, i dont suggest changing, its not like if magicly it would make your lines better

a sketchbook that commited is owned by me. you will not fulfill your destiny by clicking it, but...maybe that it'll help you avoid brain cancer. hmm hmm..

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.