Sketchbook: Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th** - Page 9
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bleedingmetal - cute cows?!? You realize what an oxymoron that is, right? Oh all right...*sigh* cute cows...what next?

Jollyboy - not at all, long as they're for educational purposes only. So, when are you putting up your SB eh? Eh??

bumskee - I'm no 'god' with animals, just drawn them all my life. I meant I knew diddlysquat about human anatomy. Animals...well, I could stand to study them more indepth. Funny thing anatomy - you study something once and you think "Yay! I got it!" A few years down the line and you start to realize how much you've forgotten already and how much you're inventing.... bad bad bad!

Fellah - thanks!

More back/arm studies - trying to figure out which muscles and bones do what on the back when you move the arm around. It's hard!! All those bunchy muscles...WHAT ARE THEY??? argh...most drawing books tell you diddly too - grr. But I think I'm slowly figuring it out...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i gotta say looking at your stuff is really fun

"Don't look into car headlights and freeze, because you'll either get run over or shot!'"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    good studies.... I mean.... it's brilliant.. knowing how hard it is to make such studies from experience.. Envy your patience and dedication.. Nice studies..post a bigger version so I can copy yours. hehehe.. ... and you are right about finding resources..especailly for the back.. I wish there was like a series of frames of how muscles move as the arms do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love that animator style you've got.

You do such a great job of making the drawings expressive. I love that dragon turning into a sheep.

Adventure Dog: my work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dashi - thanks! It's a lotta fun drawing them.

bumskee - no kidding! But I keep delving into the book I got (Anatomy for the Artist! Excellant book! Highly reccommend it to any and all struggling artists!) and I'm starting to figure things out. And no copying me on anatomy!! It'd be like 'Multiplicity' where the clones start cloning themselves. Not a pretty picture...

squirpy - thanks! expressions are fun...

I'm sure everyone by now is looking at yet more anatomy and crying "Where's the beef?" I'll tell you where it is...next page down! I can't help it, I'm so into figuring out the musculature it's freaky. Never been this interested before...oh well, all beneficial! The first two tiny torsos were done without ref - I wanted to see how much I had absorbed. Not enough!

And here's the beef! My favourite is the highland cow with all the shaggy hair...hehe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Highland cows are hilarious. Always.

Adventure Dog: my work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

cows

hey I think cows are cute and I think those cow drawings were really good and cute err the only thing I can think of right now are mooses, I think they are cute too lol

Cigarettes killed my father, and raped my mother.
    -----
    Name: Amber
    Birthday: October 5th

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, like your posts. You're really getting into the anatomy thing arn't you? Speaking of that my friend let me borrow her book on how to draw the anatomy which was really nice of her. Thanks for the squirrels in the bar. I'll be off until summer school is over, right now I'm on my cousin's neighbors laptop I'll post more...my dad just needed an excuse to keep me and my bro off...hes hadan issue with it for years grrrrr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    squirpy - couldn't agree with you more.

bleedingmetal - I should've known! lol, all right - moose coming up soon!

Quinster - hey dude! His 'issue' with it might be directly related to how much time ya'll spend on the 'puter... But I'm just guessin'. Anatomy is a good thing to get into - devour that book!

'Roos and frogs this time...I like messin' with creatures - as you'll see!

more anatomy...sorry!

More 'roos, altered a bit more - The one with the big ruff is a...uh..hey bumskee! What do you call a male kangaroo over there anyway? Stallions? I wanted to make him look kinda like a male pidgeon in full 'impress the ladies' mode.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...... ....... let's colour one of your work... that modified ROO looks too good to pass. Has Koala nose.. did you know koalas stink heaps? it's all the leaves they eat.. they smell heaps... :<

Love the arm study..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow seems that I haven't been here for quite a long time. Great stuff as always, this studies are really impressing, well I should do more of them....

Well concerning this incident with "sheeps" : C'mon dude! I' m a 16 years old guy from germany, what do you expect from me!?
    but the strangest thing about your language is the plural of mouse............mouses.....i just don't get it......( just to make it clear this was a joke )

Last edited by Gloominati; July 25th, 2005 at 07:52 AM.
    -----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

moose

I am excited about the moose drawings hehe

-----

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HA!!! I can post! I wanted to yesterday...*sniff* but anyway...

bumskee - haha, really? I had no idea! Over here we think koalas are the cutest things EVER and they stink?!? rotfl! Nice painting on my roo by the way - looks nice!

Gloominati - hehe, I WAS giving you a break! I was teaching you proper english! Thanks - I need to do more of them until I'm comfortable with what all those muscles do...

bleedingmetal - coming right up!

Random doodles from sunday...

And some moose! I'll do more with these later today.

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    only crit this time is that you put the last moose's eye up too high (something else bugging me aswell but can't put my finger on it). love the birdy woman (what was it again? harpy?) nice lover scene aswell.
    btw check my sketchbook again. i'm just updating it.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Mooses!

haha I love them!! especailly the one at the top left corner =D Should I be deemed the person to come up with ideas of things for you to draw?

-----

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so many different animals.. nice... Love the lazy cat sleeping on the branch.. now everytime I come here I look for things we can colour. hehehe.. good going with the moose.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Carnifex - s'possible...it is a cow (female moose) and their head structure is a little different from the bull. Checked it out!

bleedingmetal - I am always open to suggestions, since sometimes I draw a blank (pun intended).

bumskee - oh no...more animals? What about the fruit? I haven't even tried garlic yet, and you did such a wonderful job...

More moose sans ref...the ballarina moose is all my roommates fault! Blame it on her! She wanted to see one, so there you go. All these moose make me want to see "Brother Bear" again...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

heh

Heh more fun for me then =) How good are you at drawing stuff like buildings etc...?

-----

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aw man, I'm sorry to have come to the end of this thread. I was loving your art! Your cartoon animals are awesome! I was really inspired to try and do some cartoony animals myself. So... let's see if I can get some done! I'd also love to see your works (like Pinstripe) in a cartoon!

If you're up for a suggestion... how about cartoony guinea pigs?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bleedingmetal - erm, how do I feel about buildings and such...I usually run away screaming. Yeah...not my favorite things to do. Then again, I said the same thing about colour and looky here! We'll see.

Kat_Warrior - Thank you! You can see at least two of my characters in an animated short I'm working on. Just click here. Apologies in advance - they take awhile to download. Guinea pigs, eh? All righty, coming up soon!

Finally, I did something in colour worth posting here. Bumskee's Digital Painting in PS thread is AWESOME!!! Thanks so much dude...Of course, this could be a fluke and it'll take me twenty more tries before I turn out something similar, but I wanted to share this with ya'll.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great thread. Love your animation sketches
    Just had to subscribe to your thread.

Hugs!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha the ballarina moose made me laugh!!! Oh boy(girl) that is just too sick...hehe. I dig your winged creatures as always! And nice to see some color too! Nice choise with the purple!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ballerina!!! heheh..it is funny.. you are so good with animals and expressions. the ROO did turn out quite well, and nice colour choice too. Soon everything will be coloured, that will be something. Oh and we'll keep doing still life stuff, having a go at your line drawing is a very fun exercise too. I think I am learning heaps too..

Nice animation... I am still waiting for downloads on the other.. but got to see the "bee" one.. I have an idea!!!!!! I am going to nag you to teach me something or two about animation later... .. ok I will go back to my skeleton drawings. loved the animations.. top stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and quite a zoo it is!
    the animals are great, man!!
    with a little study, soon the people will be as good!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pencilator - Thanks for dropping by! I look forward to seeing what new twisty monsters you come up with...

Fellah - Thanks! Hey, don't blame me...all my roommate's fault... 'Sides, haven't you seen what goes into children's books these days? Ballarina mooses are nothin'!

bumskee - haha, oh no...here I said (in my own thread no less!) quite emphatically that I didn't do colour...and now look! I'm doomed... Animation huh? That's not something I can teach this way, sorry...I had to take two years of schooling for that! You're lucky...Disneytoon Studio is somewhere in Australia...

Icey - yeah, no kidding...I think more than a little study - starting today!

Some fun with humans...I realized how little I draw people actually holding something, so I need to practice that more...and more anatomy too, including hands!!! garr...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice update as always dude! Well youre absolutely right there is a damn Zoo goin on here! GREAT!! Well, maybe we could make a wishlist of animals you should draw. My suggestion would be platypuses or.....wait....sloths yeah sloths would be great! Think about it, dude

-----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Teigrob, I heard that disney studio is closing down in Australia, 170 people will be sacked.. so I have heard. no I was only kidding about animation, haha.. You should put a wash over your sketchs. great gestures as always.. Oh and life drawing on the website was great, I assume ther are yours right?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Big WOW! I really like how you make cute cool. Seriously, most cutesi stuff ends up cheezy but your stuff it really great. I just got through all five pages here and I'm really diggin' your creativity with they mythical beasts. I'm going to go check out your web site now.

C-ya.

Peace, Love and Harmony... I could never get them all into bed at the same time!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My suggestion would be platypuses or.....wait....sloths yeah sloths would be great! Think about it, dude
    I'd have to agree !

-----

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gloominati - hehe, thought about it. Sure, why not? Either one would be interesting to explore. Keep a look out!

bumskee - yeah, it's official...I saw it the newsletter that AWN puts out. I don't get it...they were just hiring earlier this year!! I'm so bummed... Yeah, those life drawings are mine. Haven't been in awhile, I need to. Getting rusty...A wash, eh? In ps? Or with watercolour? I try to avoid watercolour...every time I try it, it ends up horrid.

L. Scott Knight - Thanks! My cute stuff is cool, huh? That's nifty...never thought that!

bleedingmetal - it's a conspiracy! hehe, sure.

Guinea pigs, as promised. Been a bit busy lately, so I didn't have a chance to really explore fun possibilities after the research. I will though...and the platypuses, and the sloths...oh my...

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6