Sketchbook: Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th** - Page 35

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1120

Thread: Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    long time no updates

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahahaha.
    HPOotP (did I guess?)
    Very interesting and clean syle. It reminds me of the way in wich my big brother draw.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very cool and inspiring stuff!!!
    Thanks for sharing your animal love!

All the best.

My Sketchbook [ACTUALLY UPDATED!]

I have 800 posts

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I. Love. Your. Works. *drools*

My personal opinions/comments:
    - Not enough. Need more. How DARE you get me hooked and then leave me hanging dry!! Why you little...!! Ahem... Eh... Oops?
    - I don't know how you do it, but even when you have little mistakes like an ear misaligned just a tad or whatever, I don't even notice it until someone points it out. Your stuff is just too good to care about the little details, the whole is awesome.
    - You obviously are really good at animals, humanoids and nature landscapes, but one thing I noticed is there don't seem to be much things like other types of landscapes, buildings, interiors and items in general. Other then the necessary clothes/harness/saddle/weapon, objects are very rarely seen. Not that I really mind since it's plain to see you were BORN to draw living things. Just a passing thought... (Please don't skip all the good stuff in favor of only inanimate stuff )
    -I would love to see a colored version of the little medusa girl (your forum avatar).

I hope you don't mind I actually saved a lot of your images to keep as a reference, especially your skeletal and muscular drawings. You make a very good point that knowing the underlying structure helps figure out and learn how the skin, fur and clothes will flow. Now I really want to give that a try but am having trouble finding good references.

Human skeletons and muscle structure are easy to find on the internet, but I'm having trouble locating animal stuff. So far all I have found either shows all the bones in a pile or the image is very blurry or overexposed, making it hard to see all the right details. Are there any sources on the internet you would be willing to share? Pretty please? Pretty pretty please with a cherry on top?
    I guess I really should start with humans but I so wanna do animals... It's all your fault! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

*returns to stalker mode*
    Lycaryth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gosh...it's been awhile. Guess I should get my lazy rear in gear and post already, eh?

killermachine - thanks for the poke. I need that occasionally when I think nobody would mind if I dropped off entirely. And yes, I'm sure it'd look amazing colored. But I'm not that good. Nor do I have that much patience. Sorry.

Skrunchey - Is it? Well, it's true I don't normally do that sort of thing...but it was kind of fun.

Mr. Perfect - thank you. Now if only I could force myself to do more compositions...

lennon - Right on the button! Brownie points! And really? Does he have anything online I could look at?

chuck18mp - Well, I do love animals...they're so much easier to draw than humans.

Lycaryth - Wow, um, thanks! I draw as much as I'm able these days. Which isn't a whole lot anymore...and the reason there's not a whole of buildings, interiors, objects et al is twofold: one, I suck at it. Two, I have very little to no interest in doing it. I suppose if I had the interest, reason number one would vanish in time. Oh well. And coloring my avatar...well, that's an interesting thought. I might just! Now for animal bone and musculature reference...you're right about the quality of internet resources. They suck. So, you'll just have to bite the bullet and buy this book, at least: Animal Anatomy for the Artist. It's my animal bible. Granted, it only covers the horse, cow, lion and dog in exhaustive detail, but those are pretty good to start with. You want to know what the musculature of horse looks like when he's spread-eagled on his back (never mind horses can't physically do that?)? Check! Details on a dog's paw or horse's hoof? Check! Excellent book, I can't recommend it enough.

Okay, to posting...

I WAS interested in the all-forum topic of Deep, and I did a brief illustration before running out of steam and time. Mostly time, which then turned into a lack of steam.

Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**

Some more of my favorite characters to draw...sorry to bore you, but there you have it. I especially like practicing the changes of time on them...going from young to old.

Some more body type study, facial expressions and having fun with hand design.

Okay, see the brief cartoon illustrated in the bottom right? That's a true story. Grossed me out no END. In case it's hard to read the speech balloons... "Mmm! Tastes like chicken!" "Eeww! Get that...that...what IS that? OUT of your mouth!" "Is that...a SPIDER??" *giggle shriek* "EEEEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!!" Yes, my dear darling daughter found the desiccated carcass of a who knows how long dead GIANT SPIDER and proceeded to stuff it in her MOUTH. I, blissfully ignorant of whatever it was that was protruding out of her mouth, dutifully pulled it and dug it out. Whereupon I discovered to my horror the truth and proceeded to wash my hands with much shuddering. I didn't get all of it, btw. I know she swallowed some of it.

More character fun.

This is for a children's book that SOMEDAY I will finish. At least I'm a little bit closer...I've sketched out ideas for all the illustrations, and now can start refining a bit more. Omgawa, you still interested in painting?

Rest of the illustration ideas.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Teig! That's a hysterical story about the spider (only because I have kids, so I know ... gak). My eldest has eaten a couple of ladybugs in his time, and still will eat just about anything that crawls given half the chance, though he's avoided spiders to the best of my knowledge. (He's 10, btw ... ) all because it's "intersting ... "

*sigh*

Wonderful sketchwork, as always. Your characters a simply a joy to view. I keep hoping you'll swing back by the CHOW and hang around with us again - Really miss having you there!

All the best,
    ~Shane

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey..i know the importance of nudging so i do to ppl once in a while i like how your usual pattern of drawing is now more relationship oriented.its an iiteresting change.
    that spider story was really funny (i used to bite of corners of my walls when i was young btw.to stop me, my parents had to put red chilli powder over the corners that were still dere )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Teigrob View Post
    Oomgawa, you still interested in painting?
    You know it! I was picking raspberries today and wondering how you guys are getting along, if you are ever in the area, you know where to find me! Check out the rabbit in motion, blurred shots. I saw your rabbit drawing above and thought I'd send it. 20 six week old heritage chicks, 6 baby rex rabbits, talking goats. . . you guys really should come out to the petting zoo.

Spidey is doing double duty counseling, seems everyone wants more quality time with me! All the rabbits are trained to be held like babies, and four of the chickens peck at my feet until I pick them up. I am in animal heaven!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oregano - Thanks. I no doubt will...probably when you have a badger ranger or something like that. I am sure my darling girl will be eating ladybugs too...right now it's mostly carpet fibers. The spiders must have vacated the premises.

killermachine - I didn't even notice I'd done that! Huh. Maybe I should try dousing my girl's crib with red chili powder...she chews on it enough to earn the nickname 'Beaver'.

Oomgawa - I LOVE the pic of the little chick confessing all to Spidey! That's hysterical! We should indeed come out for a visit. When's a good time for you?

Some more exploration for the children's book...I'm liking where it's going.

Uncle Joe (who's all of 13 or so in the story) and Mom

Teeth exploration and Robber, the majestic, the proud...the graceless wonder. I've been trying to do an animation of him leaping onto a table, but Flash is driving me crazy. I'm going to try ToonBoom next...what I really object to about Flash is how sloppy my lines look. It's just not a pencil! Maybe I'd have better luck with Photoshop, but I'm not entirely sure how I'd animate in that program...

Some more little Teigrob antics...I think eating that spider (or part of it anyway) gave her spider powers. She's now trying to climb everything. She succeeded in climbing the toolbox (with anxious parental units on either side, waiting for the inevitable fall). She just keeps growing and growing...*sigh* I try to reflect that in my drawings, so in years to come it's going to be interesting watching the 'growth' of my cartoon daughter...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehehe... you can try it if u want but i can tell you it wasnt a happy experience

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Spidey has shoveled in the garden and greets visitors as they walk in the door, although my adult sons like to mess with the hello jestures Kinda of like the gnome that went around the world, I am photo documenting his adventures. I don't teach mondays or tuesdays, but any weekend is fine, too. The baby bunnies are getting big fast so sooner than later. pm me. BTW, I am staying at someone's house until they get better, so I am in and out. I love the character drawings for our book! When the garden is retired this Fall, I can devote a lot more time to the environments and color.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    killermachine - Yeah...now, how do I dust MYSELF with chili powder so the next time she chomps on my shoulder, she learns it's a bad idea?

Oomgawa - I pm'd you! You never pm'd back! We're going to the Lynden Fair this weekend, so she'll get to see some critters...maybe even get a cowlick. (bleah) Just let us know what weekend is good for you and we'll come out.

So, diddling around with the first page of the children's book...the context is the boy Charlie has just woken up and he really, really wants to go see the gigantic tractor that's plowing the new field. I can't decide if it'd be better to be on the outside looking at his little face pressed up against the glass with the tractor reflected in the window, or to be on the inside with him basically silhouetted against the window with the tractor in the distance...thoughts? The next two image sequences are for two different contests...the kitten hunting for G-workshop's (for some reason I can't write out the name...it keeps disappearing!) 'Hunter' topic for this month; and the little boy destructing an X-Box for Sketch Theatre's 'Gearhead' topic. I probably won't do either, I was just having fun.

More character exploration...I never tire of that.

Okay...hot woman, snooty woman, gear head...and yet another true story from Teigrob Jr. (Is that even the correct term?) This story I decided fit in perfectly with the 'Hunter' topic and I'm currently doing a fully inked comic page of it...a winged ant somehow found it's way into our apartment and, naturally, my daughter thought it was a marvelous thing to play with...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wonderful character stuff as always. The expressions are great.

A couple posts back you mentioned trying to animate with Photoshop. I'm a couple versions behind. Does it still come with Image Ready? You can use that to animate. You can draw one frame then turn the opacity of that layer down, create a new layer and draw the next frame and so on. Then you can set it up so each layer plays as a frame. Does that make sense?

I'm sure something like ToonBoom is a much better choice, but you can do it with Image Ready if you want.

Last edited by crazy3dman; August 15th, 2008 at 01:06 AM.
    Please stop by my new Anatomy Sketchbook and critique the hell out of it.

"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."- Mario Andretti

My Blog (Cartoony stuff)

My Illustration Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    crazy3dman - Thanks for the info! Apparently, it no longer comes under that name, but in the layers palette there's an animation option, so I'll have to investigate that further.

In the meantime...another Teigrob Jr. adventure for your entertainment. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the world's greatest comic artist, but I had a lot of fun doing this. So I'll be inking her other adventures. Someday, I'll print them all in a book and share them with her and her siblings when they're older for THEIR entertainment (and embarrassment, no doubt!)

Just in case anyone's wondering...yes, this really happened. GROSS.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    eeeeww for sure..what did u do after this??need another page on that..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    killermachine - heh, there wasn't much more to tell. I scooped her up, cleaned her off and gave her her sippy cup to wash it down...what else can you do?

The chasing the winged ant episode inked:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    tehehe wonderful expressions. did you really catch it with your toes?

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED TO UPDATES COMING TO MY EMAIL AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

So you guys have been on my mind quite a bit lately, as we went on Vaca. and went to the Redwood forest we had a great trip!! AND I have TONS of photos... been working upto 60 hrs/week so been crazy busy... will try to catch y ou on the chat sooN!

love your little Teig stories... kids will be kids, just hope she doesn't find a liking for slugs like my little sister did... eeeeeeeeeewe

hoping this will get updates to my email! I have missed so much of your fine fine work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Carnifex - thanks! And no. That was using, um, artistic license to illustrate my disgust with the winged menace.

Skrunchey - I can't help you with the email alerts. Sorry. Take it up with one of the admins. And that IS gross. I certainly hope she doesn't get a taste for slugs either!

I originally wasn't interested in CHOW 124, then I started thinking about it...the mix of Jamaican and Japanese intrigued me. So I got an idea for an illustration and got excited...I even researched guns! How funky is that? Not that I have anything against guns, you understand. I just usually avoid drawing them like the plague because they're...well, they're not animals or humans.

I even did the alien copilot. My first attempts were pathetic: I wanted big doofus. What I was drawing was fat slob. Eck.

I tried valiently...I even worked on it on the church retreat! But alas, time was against me and I failed to finish in time. But then Oregano was kind enough to start up a new thread on CHOW for latecomers like me! That's where you'll find my final illustration.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Teigrob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Teig

Actually, that thread was Daestwen's suggestion! I just pulled her copy and Posh's art together and posted it!

Great work as always - love the little narratives - Looking forward to seeing your finished smuggler!

All the best,
    ~Oreg.

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to S.C. Watson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    YEAH!! I GOT AN UPDATE!! I am so excited about the "better late than NEVER" chow revisited/revised thread! thanX for posting the link!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It looks like yours is going to be a fun and lively take on the Smuggler. I look forward to it.

"It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who
    sketchbook :: my dA gallery :: my art blog :: old sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oregano - Well, thank THEM for me then! It's a great idea. Hope you liked the smuggler...

Skrunchey - you're welcome! And thanks. I tried briefly to figure out how people do the greyscale first and then color...but it's not going very well. Help?

Asatira - Thanks! Hope you like.

Here goes with the attachments...yech. I hate how they all clump together. Is there anyway to insert text in amongst the images? Probably not...well, anyway...First set is sketchbook pages. Next 8 images are trading cards! I just learned about artist trading cards on Thursday, and I thought it was a pretty cool idea...even cooler once I started doing them! They're so quick and easy to do, since they're so small (2.5" x 3.5") This first batch I'm sending off to Chaosrocks to trade with other artists who also mail theirs to her...except #1. I'm keeping that one. I'll be hard put to separate with any of them but...I get cool original art back, so I can't complain. The final two pics are from my daughter's first birthday. Yours truly decorated the cake. My first attempt...not too bad, I have to say. It's kinda fun painting in frosting. Though I had a TON of leftover frosting...

Attached Images Attached Images                              

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    what medium are you using on the game cards, and ya its a great idea too, where could I get more info about trading them ?
    -=jedi=-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, there's a lot of variety there in the trading cards. As to inserting the images into the text, when you do an advanced post and have the pictures uploaded, look for a paperclip in the toolbar (it's in the top row, between the smiley face and the undo/redo arrows). If you click the arrow, a drop down will appear and you can click to insert individual pics or "insert all." You can then move them around or insert as you go along.

"It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who
    sketchbook :: my dA gallery :: my art blog :: old sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loving your style. Wish I had a birthday cake like that one.

P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great update..im in love with the mermaid and no2 trading card

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the update! I agree with the others... MORE INFO ON THE TRADING CARD THING! It was a lot of fun visiting with you guys... Teigrob Jr. is definately getting big. Look forward to seeing you again hopefully sooner rather than later!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK I totally get the Art card thing, I started doing this about 9 years ago on my own... quick storyboards, ideas for bigger projects, etc. even thought about trading them, but got funny looks from the few peeps that I asked LOL... anyways I would like dibs on your #2. I will get cracking on the 11 plus one to send you myself for trades please please please!
    I know what I will be doing on my work lunches from now on Chat soon!

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3