Page 35 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
    Thanks

The Hick's Point of View

Welcome back and nice update.

Overall, nothing to really say. The last page definately looks like you were trying to explore something with horses. I'm not sure what. Maybe as Sve stated, logo design.

Also, I like the cheetah studies.

My List of Works
    Self-Portraits
    Sketchbook 01

My Wife's, Teigrob, Sketchbook

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    yay you're back! dig everything,but esp. the different personas on the last page, and that horse with exaggerated anatomy. reminds me of something but can't put my finger on it. perhaps "the last unicorn"?
    reminds me,try to give weight to your characters. somehow they all seem to weight pretty little,so i wanna see you do something like the bull from last unicorn,all heavy and slow. you figure.
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts

Always wanted to use those emoticons

welcome back Tei, we missed ya! hope it's going all good over there. Awsome drawings as usual! love the cheetah.

Thanks
    Yay! Welcome back!

I gotta say, those cheetas are awesome! Even without their spots, I could tell what they are right away. And something else I've noticed - you make faes extremely expressive without cluttering up the head. All the features are there and they add to it as opposed to consuming it. Man, do I hope that made sense...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teigrob
    Setherial - Thank you - though you should go to the source - copies of copies get convoluted!
    Agreed, though I would like to master your cartoon style !

Thanks
    IT LOOKS very Interesting about these drawings~ very likes, specially zebra's expression of face~ want see more~
    concept&drawing&military

Thanks
    sve....you can be the most perplexing guy! Thanks! Lord Palpatine is drilling a hole for a medal on his jacket...? okay... new stories...um, well, my new place is on a literal ridge. Since I don't have a car, every morning I haul myself step by painful step up the ridge...hehe, there's a reason Seattle is called San Francisco of the north, you know!

Andrew - the move went fine, no problems...had to do a bit of squishing because I didn't get the size truck I wanted, but since I have little to no furniture, it was all good. Most of my belongings are still in boxes awaiting bookcases..lots of bookcases...

gibsini - thank you! Need to do more studies...

Kentucky - I have no idea what I was doing with the weird horse. It was a doodle! The others, well...every now and then I return to bang my head against horses and riders. I never seem to get the proportional relationships down...grrr...

Carnifex - thanks dude! Ah, I know, it's hard to show weight with nothing to interact with (backgrounds Teigrob, backgrounds!!) and I have a tendacy to draw amazingly fit whatevers. But, I did try my hand at something heavy! Let me know what you think!

Bumskee - hehe, aren't they fun? Thanks - I like cheetahs, they're so cute!

Kat_Warrior - I believe so - you're saying I get the essentials of the face...enough to capture the features/personality without being too busy. Thanks - I always thought they were too plain...

Setherial - oh that...well...um... You got me! I just draw... I guess, the only advice I can offer is to really master form and line. A lot of my lines look 'easy', I've been told, but it's really just confidence, and that takes practice. You can't lay a line down quickly and easily until you KNOW form...I hope that makes sense.

george&guo - Thanks, I'll do my best!

I promise - next time I disappear for a week, I'll let ya'll know! (hint: in the middle of March, I will be gone...)

Okay, this is a commission for Jimmi - hope you like it dude!

Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**

This week's C.O.W. is 'Artic Carnivore', so I had some fun. Probably won't enter though - I don't have enough time to paint it, and I'm afraid of the result if I did...

Thanks
    I'm telling you, Teigrob, your drawings would be awesome in some commercial projects. I can see those sitting back to a viewer cats on clothing, furniture, dishes, fabric, wallpaper, logos, jewelry, cups....
    They are wonderful. Do them in colors, do them in colors, do them in colors.
    Beautiful update all the way. Cheetahs are actually looked not cartoonish, but closer to an abstract art ( lines and spots are getting to be more ambiguous, dig you more in this direction viewer will be able to read themin two different ways
    Sveta Dudetta
    P.S. Glad you're back. Your absence was very obvious. So it's not a first necessity to have a car in Seattle? In Dallas you will not survive for long without it. How is the weather ? Did you see Bill Gates alive ?
    Last edited by sve; October 13th, 2005 at 01:26 AM.

Thanks
    Your drawings still make me smile... thanks for sharing.
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    the comission is sweet and you did well on the heavy character too. i especially like the one where it's snowing. if i were you i wouldn't be afraid to enter. just paint up that one and you should be amongst the honourable mentions in no time. if not even up for some votes. don't stress yourself.
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks

The Hick's Perspective

Great job on the commission. Looks like something you'd see in a children's book.

I also like the the stylized cheetahs, especially the one that is jumping. It has a very nice line of action and perspective.

As for the carnivore, it looks fierce and huge compared to Zar. The only issue I have with it, is that the upper shoulder area seems a little small compared to the lower leg (this is the top-left one). After looking at it longer, I can't decide if I'm correct or if it's the way the "fur" is making the shoulder look small.

Otherwise, I agree that it has wonderful feeling of weight and you should do as Carnifex suggests and enter it. It can definately hold its own against the others.

My List of Works
    Self-Portraits
    Sketchbook 01

My Wife's, Teigrob, Sketchbook

Thanks
    Dude, I love the COW! (And what does that stand for anyway? Creature of War?) He certainly looks threatening. Not like something I'd hunt down regardless of how hungry I was. I like the expressive cheetas, too. They're cute. ^_^

Thanks
    Nice cheetahs, they're one of my favorite animals.

Thanks
    nice update really dig the artic carnivore, keep postin
    GAGart[

Trifles go to make perfection, And perfection is no trifle.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53357

Thanks
    sve - I'm working on the colouring...see link below! No, you don't need a car in Seattle: I've lived here for 6 years, and never had a car. Bus, bike and mah own two feet work fine...of course, your travel time is about double, but hey! It's far cheaper. No, I haven't seen Bill Gates alive...haven't seen him dead either, so I'm assuming he's still puttering around here somewhere... Weather is great, it's raining... Now I'm pulling your leg. I'll tell you a little secret: we Washingtonians spread the rumor that it rains here all the time to scare away everyone else. We LOVE it here, and would prefer to keep everyone else from figuring out how beautiful it is. But don't tell anyone else...

vigostar - you're welcome! I enjoy it!

Carnifex - well, I did start on it, if you click on the link, but I won't post this time...didn't have enough time. Maybe next week.

Kentucky - thanks! Yeah, I should've made that area more clear - it's the bulk of his neck in front of his shoulder that makes it look too weak.

Andrew - I have entered before (and will again, hopefully) but I ain't got no chance against some of those digital painting powerhouses...still, it's fun to just try out the concept.

Kat_Warrior - hehe, thanks! I like cheetahs too. C.O.W. stands for "Creature of the Week". It's a great contest (except when they do "*expletive deleted* Eater" type stuff.) Must they use crass language? Oh well...

Madplanet - thanks!

Gibsini - Thank you - you got some fine stuff yourself!

I decided to try and revamp my characters, make them less human, but not necessarily more animal. I don't think I succeeded, but here's my process: experiment, go back to original animal, and experiment some more.

Further experimental fun: if he's supposed to be a squirrel, why not make his ankles as flexible as a squirrel's?

And here's the link for my C.O.W. painting w.i.p.

Page 35 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast