Page 35 of 87 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 85 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    tei..COW is looooooking awsome, dryad looks much more interesting. eeee.. that elephant is wicked, the red stripe does add a very interesting look to it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    SCHWEEEEEET!!
    I like the in prog. sketches. If you ever want color added...N you trust me enough...I'd be happy to do color for you..I like doing the color part let me know...I will keep watching TYE

Thanks
    Man you are a monster, very very creative, i draw a lot but you make me realize that i could draw more. I guess i have to brush off the old sketchbooks and "fill them up" as my teacher used to say. You-are-creative, animateable characters are the hardest to come up with for me, that's the toughest thing to do..... from my drawing experience so far.

Thanks
    I really like the COW and the dryad (want see more done ugg).

Congratulations on your new job. Like noeltaylor says your style lends to an animatable feel so your new company is the lucky one. You go girl!

BTW: I was looking at your handy work... er HAND sketches... admiring them. Got any secrets or hints you'd like to share?
    Peace, Love and Harmony... I could never get them all into bed at the same time!

Thanks
    Carnifex - thanks! Well, I did post it as-is...mostly because I hardly ever do colour, and I was afraid I'd mess it up if I tried. Oh well...

Gloominati - you're going to have to wait a long time for those, dude! I'm an animator, not a painter!

sve - thanks! Yeah, I get that comment about my life drawings a lot...I don't know, I can't help it! I try and be realistic, and even when I'm super realistic (by my standards) I still get "Wow, that's so stylized..." *sigh* I can't win. Commercial dryads eh? hehe...well, who knows...

Kentucky - ogres?? I don't know about that! Yeah...maybe colour next time for the C.O.W. Yes, that was Hogarth!

Qxzi - Thank you! I gotta keep studying though - still loads to learn!

bumskee - hehe, thanks! So...when are you going to join the C.O.W, eh? Eh? hehehe...

Skrunchey - hm, now that's a thought! Do they allow collaboration with cows? I wouldn't mind at all!

noeltaylor - yes, draw more! Drawing is gooooood... That's why I like CA so much - I draw a ton more than I usually would!

L. Scott Knight - hehe, thanks! Hints? Erm...draw a lot? That's really the whole secret right there...study, and draw a lot. Hogarth actually has some good proportional guides in his "Drawing Dynamic Hands". Otherwise...yeah.

Finished ink on Ms. Dryad...I did a lot more overlapping! Ran out of room on the page though, that's why she stops where she does...

Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**

It took awhile, but I finally got tired of humans...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    Tei, is that "peer pressure"??
    Dryad is looking awsome, we are going to see this coloured right? the twist in the trunk is nicely done. oooooo
    I was wathcing anastacia(sp?) the other day, don't ask me why I was watching it but I was and usually I start whinging about the amount of singing they do. But this time around I was actually noticing all the gestures and smooth animation, body language and facials. Just reminded me of all your stuff, especially the animals.. :> love your stuff.

Thanks
    Wow, teig. Your lines! One day I will sketch like that.

Thanks

The Hick's Point of View

Nice update.

I especially like how you ink. It looks like it is either done with varying width pens. and great job on the rendering of shadows. I'm with Bumskee on seeing this one colored.

As for your humans, they remind me of Severus Snape sucking on a lemon. And the children look nice as well.

The wolf creature reminds me of Scar from The Lion King, most specifically from the top right one.

Nothing to really crit this time around.

Great job.

My List of Works
    Self-Portraits
    Sketchbook 01

My Wife's, Teigrob, Sketchbook

Thanks
    ok...i tend to skip around and maybe i missed it so...what does COW stand for? and how do i get in? ... if they do allow collaborations I would love to do color for you...i like to do color... you like to sketch.. it would work out pretty good... let me know and i will save you some space of my hard drive

Thanks
    bumskee - you bet your bottom dollar it's peer pressure! hehe! Anastacia! I love that movie! You know, at the time, it was hailed as one of the most realistic renditions of humans ever done by 2d animation. And thanks for the compliment!

That fat kid - (do you have a nickname I can call you? I feel terrible just writing that...) life drawings, eh? Well, it'll have to wait a week or so more...I go to my old school for those, and it's on break at the moment. Soon! (I just can't promise um, pleasing ladies.)

van - Thanks! Nothing to it really...

Kentucky - well, I can't promise any colours in the near future...not until I move. Severus Snape! Dang, I was going for a Vulcan...

Skrunchey - Well, we already pm'd about this, but for anyone else who's curious: C.O.W. stands for Creature of the Week, a competition in the Community Section. It's great fun, and really hard to win since all these mondo-great professionals compete, but still a fun exercise!

Lots and lots of random doodling. Hands are sans ref, to test myself.

And yet another dryad (sorry!) I'm enjoying myself with these, and I wanted to try something a little less svelte.

Now that I see it, I need to fix her posterior, it's too short...

Thanks
    The dryad is sweet - i love the form and twist. Nice hands.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    agree with fella. what do you use to ink with?
    btw if you need more inspiration for hands,check robulus sketchbook. you'll get blown away for sure.
    perhaps i'll update today aswell-you make me feel lazy. (although i'm working,just not scanning)
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Wonderful style!

Page 35 of 87 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 85 ... LastLast