Page 27 of 87 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 77 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I love the phone call. Well - that's not accurate. I think it shows tremendous emotion. I hate it because I feel so bad for her - but that actually speaks highly for the art itself. You really have an amazing ability to convey a tale.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    yep those faces are dope.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Now I can't help but feel you got a call bringing bad news I'm sorry Ms.Teigrob (if that really happened of course).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    Hope you are ok Tei, those expressions are just too real...

Thanks
    auto_matt - thanks, they were pretty intense.

mentler!!! I'm honored sir! Thank you!

Patch - Thank you.

Carnifex -

Quinster - yes it did. Drawing has an amazing ability to talk about something without really talking about it, you know?

bumskee - I am fine - although you may doubt me when you see today's...honestly though, this has been very theraputic. The last picture is pretty indicative of my present state of mind. Thanks for caring, guys.

Working it out over the course of the day. I'll just say, I'm glad I'm a Christian, because I don't know how I'd cope otherwise. And before anyone asks, no, noone died. There are other things...just as painful to deal with. It'll all work out in the end, of this I have no doubt.

Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**

Thanks
    funny coincidence,just today i did a werewolf...
    i guess it's a matter of heart?

Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teigrob
    Quinster - yes it did. Drawing has an amazing ability to talk about something without really talking about it, you know?Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**
    Wow...um. Anyway, yeah you got a point there. Have you noticed what I've been drawing? Good articulation of emotions. Man. Sorry that you're feeling down for wahtevr reason though

Thanks
    Hey keep posting work...its looking good. You have some nice experssions going in youre faces which I definately struggle with. What is youre main goal? 2D animation? Hope all goes well!

Thanks
    Carnifex - Yep.

Quinster - It's okay. Really - Thank God He's in charge!

Cateaic - Definitely 2D. It's my first love, drawing wise. Mmmmmm....animation....

Sorry to freak everyone out, had to vent somehow, and drawing is a pretty safe outlet. It's back to cutesy today: I started a new job wednesday (yay!) and I was informed (on my first day, no less!) that my cubicle was distressingly bare and I HAD to DO something about it...NOW! Well, I'm not very good at the NOW part, but I have my nefarious plans... Here are the first four munchkins. They'll be cropped, blown up to fit on standard paper, coloured, printed and cut out. Thereafter, they shall be pinned to my walls! It'll take a lot of critters, but it's a good creative exercise. hehehe...that and a comic strip involving the dragon that turns into a sheep...

Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    phew... awwww cute.. friggen awsome Tei.. Love the top left and bottom right.. hmmm... these are damn good.. take a photo of you desk when you put them on the wall.

Thanks
    haaahaaa you should make a pic of that last one (bottom right) eating stitch(that disney one). he soo looks like he could do it

Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    I like the animals! Very nice stuff! Do you have any creations of your own? Like comics or animations, etc.? It'd be interesting to see some of your finished products. Many of these aren't really rendered but I'd love to see some more finished work! Keep it up!

Thanks
    "Next, exploration time! See? I think comics seriously underestimate what they can do with real people. They shouldn't be so concerned with accurate representation, but more with accurate character representation"

great quote ..even though im going for fine arts i think character and gesture are more important than accurateness..
    teigrob..i love your characters and especially their emotions..i will study your sketches hehe..so dont ever kill this thread....i just got me a book on expressions and another for references..i do also study from the masters..if you wanna improve your humans and anatomy go for the masters..maybe look at rubens and the manerists and renaissance which are geared towards idealization. instead of realism... I just discovered Eugene Delacroix..and his animlas are great too!! i also have the barcsay and im studying the book as well..copying masters helps you understand how to use anatomy for your own purpose...nice improvements..ohh you oughta try Peruvian seafood..hehe..we have good ways of preparing oysters
    now i'll go back to sketch a few animal skeletons..my animals stink hehe...

Page 27 of 87 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 77 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3