Sketchbook: Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th** - Page 25

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Tei.. just wanted to say... I see that your doing terrific artwork as usual.. Keep the mojo high!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congratulations, lovely Teigrob , and my best wishes for you. Be your married life one happy journey. . Who is the lucky guy?

I'm trying to read your mood and no, can put my finger on exactly what's on your mind lately. Just some jumps, and hops, and childhood reminiscence, unless it is your client's reminiscence .
    Very lovely illustrations, the most appealing to me the girl tickled by the horse. Very nice and enjoyable drawing. All lady bugs too, the colored one has a very nice feeling of weight and volume, but all your drawings have this quality.
    I like this energetic little boy, looks like Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn because of the smoking pipe and suspenders (man, it's so strange to see his name in English letters, I used to Russian transcription, and it looks so different ). Lovely interpretation, btw, although it might be someone else.
    And the birds are wonderful. so smooth in the motion.
    So happy wedding to you, hope you will have a lot of fun .

Sveta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, those first two pages are outstanding, love the different expressions on the griffon. Him pushing his head against the grounds like a cat is fantastic (lower left image).

I love the expressions and body language of the girl in the second page, her stretching in the middle of the page is totally awesome. It's also nice to see how you did the clothes, with the lines of the arms and legs still visible.

great update (as usual

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

you helped me alot

I draw cartoony centaurs and animals and I gust couldnt get the legs on my horses right..I saw these and they look good now..I also draw anime style but I love to draw my animal char cartoony exspecially my wolves.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Tei hope you are doing well and best of luck to the new life. eeeeeeeeeeeeeee. hehe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    congratulations Teigrob. I sincerely wish you and your husband a great life together.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Teigrob

And this is my unfinished COW. It looks dull at this point, and lacking in detail, but all in all, it's the colours I wanted. Feel free to bash the painting at this point - the basic design though, is set (although if you see major issues, feel free to point them out too.).

Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**
    hey would you mind if i take a crack at finishing this for you? i love the colors and it would be great to have it finished...would be happy to do it!!! TYE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Teig-W
    I'd like to take a shot at color on your recent griffins too!!! pleeeeeeeezzze???
    talk to you later, TYE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you all for your kind wishes and comments. The wedding went wonderfully - not a single mis-step! How's that for wonderfulness? The honeymoon was lovely - we went to the Oregon Coast. 2 miles north of Depoe Bay, for anyone familiar with the area. When I get the pics, I'll post one so ya'll can see me, and the handsome hunk I was so lucky to meet and marry!

Some quick responses - sorry, it's a bit late...

majinpunisher - nope, all out of my head, struggling for a theme to orientate around.

sveta - I'll give you a hint: he frequents this forum, and has posted in my thread frequently. He tries to maintain objectivity...I mean, he wouldn't be taken credibly if people knew who he was. I'm sure some folks know, from school and whatnot. If they don't, they will when you see the pic!

Oceanblueduo - I'm glad I was able to help. Do practice from real horses, if you can, and study anatomy. Those will help you far more than I can. Cartoon flows from reality - neglect the latter, and the former will, unfortunately, suck...

Skrunchey - hey, go bananas! I don't mind in the slightest. Glad someone enjoys painting my doodles, 'cause I sure don't. Yeah, what am I going to do about my moniker? It doesn't exactly fit anymore...

awright, enough chatter...this is one of my dryads, as some of you may recall, painted by the exceptional Skrunchey!

Pure fun and games. I remain unrepentant.

Amazing..I actually draw humans now more than animals...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ahhhhh i missed the happyness. good work all around,particularly fond of the cat and dog on the last page. looks like one killer movie or something.
    now i'm just gonna sit here and wait until you reveal your lucky husband.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK. The guy is Kentucky. And not only because he is transplanted to Seattle recently (he had a different location phrase before), but I was not lazy to look what he wrote. He is very attentive to your posts and to what other people write to you, he likes round women forms , he knows more about you than we do and it shows, and rereading your exchange I can see now (oh well) you are close, it's like conspiracy talk between you too. How did he take that I didn't like your Venus ? Congratulations to your both and the best wishes .

Well. thanks for letting me play a little bit. I had fun!

My favorite in your new update are the last two pages and the colored dryad. In the last page I like the girl hopping on the stepping stones, the pose is nice and truthful and has lovely lightness, increased jumpiness, well most of your character have this, even the hose wife you drew for me (nice Teigrob) .

Like the sitting girls, the poses are full of grace the constant features in your art too.
    The page before last one. I like the acrobat girl too much, very natural and lovely. And I like plumply woman on the top of the page, roundish forms, just like Kentucky prefers .
    Dryad is a huge pleasure to look, I love this flow of forms and lines. I wish you drew a new one, I bet it will be some interesting new things to see and compare.
    OK, see you, have a wonderful life, you two.
    Sveta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey congratulations!!!

i just love your characters! they are so full of life. i saw you're little comment about phil 2:3 that's great i'm in romans right now. and i've been saking for the boldness too. great to see that around here. it's good to see you dabbling in color too! anyways keep up the great work!!

my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, great update, thanks for the kudos...I've gotten a couple of good compliments on the other site I posted the pic to. Keep 'em coming and if you have anything specific that you want colored just make a note to me and I'll get right to it....give your man an M&M for me..lol...talk again soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congratulations! Wish you both the very best!

(and your update rawked as always )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Carnifex - your wish is my command. See below. The cat and dog were actually inspired by watching Disney's Robin Hood again..*sigh* I love animated animals!

Sveta... You are a wizard! You sly girl, did you ever consider a career as a detective? You'd beat all the guys cold. As you may have figured out - you are correct! Darn, our cover is blown.

pennington - Thanks! Heh, that was an interesting sermon, I tell you what. Hey, you want a challenge? Try memorizing Romans! It's a bear, but it really makes you focus a lot more on what you're reading.

Skrunchey - hehe, he didn't get the joke at first. Men. I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Fellah, Patch - thanks!

Here's the FUN update...hehe, boring wedding pics - don't worry, I limited myself to three - a couple sketch pages and animation!! Whee!

Alrighty - the happy couple!

My flower girl was so darn cute - and she did a wonderful job! I just had to share a pic.

I was in the mood to draw bears - actually, I wanted to ANIMATE bears, so I refreshed my memory first, then went off in an orgy of animating...sigh. I feel so much better. From ref

No ref, and the bottom littlest is the idea I launched the animation from.

Here's the link to the bit of animated fluff I was doing today. 3 seconds of bear...It's rough, and the timing needs to be fixed here and there, but I'm having a ball! I'm nowhere near done with it, but I thought I'd share a work in progress. It's not for anything, but it's the first time I've really animated in Flash using a tablet.

http://www.raja-animation.com/rachel..._animation.swf

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha that animation is one of the coolest things i've seen in awhile. Very cool to say the least.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^gotta agree there.
    and those wedding photos are overwhelming! you look so happy! it's incredible! now i really realize what happened. couldn't quite form it in my head,but now i see the full effect of it. i'm even more happy for you. that's awesome.
    and now,nosy me,gotta ask: how'd you get to know each other? don't tell me over ca.org? that'd be hilarious/odd/cool/fuckin rad,somehow.

Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Congrats again Tei! awsome!

Love the animation, the way the bear moves and all, seems so natural. hehe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice new posts. Drawings seem a bit "distracted" though like there wasn't a full emphisis on them, however, you were busy. Congratulations (by the way)! But back to your drawings, yeah, people are so good now. Keep up the anatomy studies, they're paying off!

P.S. would you comment something on my thread? I havn't had one in months!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, Sve, you are right. As for your not liking Venus that's ok. Something I learned in life and had reinforced in school is that even the best of friends are not going to agree on everything and that's doubly true where art is concerned.

Now, onto crits.

All in all, not much to crit on in terms of anatomy of your characters. It seems you have almost completely refined them to being as simple as you know how to make for animation.

Also, you have the knack for drawing children and their expressive body language and faces. Your adults on the other hand seems pretty static in comparison.

Now to push you just a little, why not try drawing adults for a bit? But why not do sports or "intense" situations to see if you can pull off that type of body language and expressions.

Your bear drawings are well executed and it didn't take long before they went from reference to being all you. As for your animation, like always, top notch. Just that little issue with the timing of the hand we talked about.

Keep up the good work and on a personaly level, I'm happy to see you animating again as I know that is one of your great loves.

My List of Works
    Self-Portraits
    Sketchbook 01

My Wife's, Teigrob, Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great looking bride and groom, congratulations. You make my heart warm with all this happiness on your faces. Now you need to keep the smiles on forever, I even challenge you to beat all the records if there are any, Guinness or what not and make the world wide record on the most longest smile, let's say tens years long. .

Very pleasant looking bears, Teigrob, and for me it's very informative how you divide figure in shapes.
    No ref bears are friendlier though, they looks like they don't eat meat, don't eat anything actually, just read poetry and smell roses, that enough for them to go through the day. The bears from ref are meat eaters. We will never be friends, I'm food for them. . Very confident control over your lines, Tei. And lightness is very nice.

And I love your animation, it's a huge fun to see. The expression of the Bear's face is wonderful, almost human. I love when it started to play with its fingers, very recognisable gesture, is it Internet addict too?
    If you have more , I would love to see. Very enjoyable.
    Sveta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good, pics (fuzzy on my computer) time for a new one... love the bear animation (how long did it take you to draw? and in how many drawings?) I could guess but that would take the fun out of asking... when I pull the pic's we took at the wedding off the camera I will email you copies... ok ok anyways love the update and will also send you more colored pics over the next week or so... later and keep on pencilin'

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK I have a request....I am painting a fairy type picture for a friend and am tired of seeing the usual fairy poses...blah blah blah...anyways my request is for dynamic, flying, humanoid poses..they don't have to be fleshed out, I am just looking for some inspiration........appreciate it....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Skeiff - thanks dude. I don't know about 'coolest', but I definitely had a lot of fun doing it. Check out the update!

Carnifex - thanks, and I'm glad those pics helped. heh, I don't mind telling you how we met. We met at animation school, in the pencil test lab. I thought he was cute, but a little too 'loose' for me, he thought I was cute but a bit of a snob. He became a Christian, and I proved not to be a snob. Pretty much it...two years, two months and two days after we started dating, the big event.

bumskee - thanks! I like the updated one more though - the second animal moves much more nicely to my mind.

Quinster - oh, I'm sorry dude! I've been checking in, but I should leave a comment.

Kentucky - Thanks. Fixed the hand, as you requested, and more action poses for the adults.

Sveta - your wish is my command. updates below.

Skrunchey - that first one? Ah, about 6 hours, more or less...I wasn't paying too much attention. As to how many drawings, that's even harder to pin down, because I did a lot of 'borrowing' from previous frames, so all I'd draw is the hand for a bit. That was 3 seconds though, so you can guess. Oh, and here are some fairy stuff for you. Don't know how dynamic they are, but I tried.

Some fun with ink.

fairies in motion.

Fun with the personage of Ruth, from the Book of Ruth...sweet story.

Annnnd - the animation update! hehehe

http://www.raja-animation.com/rachel...nimation_2.swf

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    YEah!!! .... sent e-mail too! talk soon...

oh yes..love the animation update.....

Last edited by Skrunchey; April 13th, 2006 at 11:57 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice.
    i like the ink doodles alot,they seem very fast and loose.
    the animation simply rocks! although you could probably put some different frames into the skunk walk cycle,it may get abit boring like this. oh,and you forgot to erase an old frame in the background towards the end.
    you've inspired me to go doodle and train my lineweight and security more.thanx.

Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow...just...wow.

Your artwork is awe-inspiring, consistently fluent and beautiful. I may have to practise some animals myself now, thanks to your terribly good, also cute, creatures.

And anyway, someone that attracts constant attention from Carnifex has to be amazingly wonderful in her artwork, in my opinion.

Thankyou for gracing the sketchbook forum with your presence.

-Wolfess.

P.s. I may now never leave this thread, I shall eat, sleep and breathe here. Apart from the odd moments when nature calls.

-sets up a tent-

I may not be as good as you at art, but I can stare at you 'til your head explodes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello. Teigrob. Thank you for the animation, I laughed, soo-o-o funny! Watched ten times already, when my daughter comes from shcoll, I'll show it to her too. Funny little story. The skunk is adorable, striding forward nonstoppable carrying its precious equipment higher than any other parts of its body. It should buy an insurance on it like Julia Roberts on her teeth . I like very many funny details in the animation. Like how the collar on the bear jumped up when he had moved, and how the skunk little paws not immediately separated from the floor, as they are sticky or something . Thanks, I enjoyed so much. Spirit is a very valuable virtue, more than muscles in your story .

I like your funny fairies, interesting that your lines became even more lighter and airier, and their speed even faster, when you drew this character, that's funny and touching.
    First page is giddy. Meaning it leaves impression of you being very lighthearted.
    Thanks, it was lovely update.
    Sveta

Last edited by sve; April 13th, 2006 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Simply wonderful. The first page horse drawings reminds me much of Spirit, I'm sure you've never heard that before. ;P Very nice motion. Man, I need to draw hardcore again. Thanks for the inspiration.

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4