Page 24 of 75 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 74 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey keep posting work...its looking good. You have some nice experssions going in youre faces which I definately struggle with. What is youre main goal? 2D animation? Hope all goes well!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Carnifex - Yep.

Quinster - It's okay. Really - Thank God He's in charge!

Cateaic - Definitely 2D. It's my first love, drawing wise. Mmmmmm....animation....

Sorry to freak everyone out, had to vent somehow, and drawing is a pretty safe outlet. It's back to cutesy today: I started a new job wednesday (yay!) and I was informed (on my first day, no less!) that my cubicle was distressingly bare and I HAD to DO something about it...NOW! Well, I'm not very good at the NOW part, but I have my nefarious plans... Here are the first four munchkins. They'll be cropped, blown up to fit on standard paper, coloured, printed and cut out. Thereafter, they shall be pinned to my walls! It'll take a lot of critters, but it's a good creative exercise. hehehe...that and a comic strip involving the dragon that turns into a sheep...

Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    phew... awwww cute.. friggen awsome Tei.. Love the top left and bottom right.. hmmm... these are damn good.. take a photo of you desk when you put them on the wall.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    haaahaaa you should make a pic of that last one (bottom right) eating stitch(that disney one). he soo looks like he could do it
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    I like the animals! Very nice stuff! Do you have any creations of your own? Like comics or animations, etc.? It'd be interesting to see some of your finished products. Many of these aren't really rendered but I'd love to see some more finished work! Keep it up!

Thanks
    "Next, exploration time! See? I think comics seriously underestimate what they can do with real people. They shouldn't be so concerned with accurate representation, but more with accurate character representation"

great quote ..even though im going for fine arts i think character and gesture are more important than accurateness..
    teigrob..i love your characters and especially their emotions..i will study your sketches hehe..so dont ever kill this thread....i just got me a book on expressions and another for references..i do also study from the masters..if you wanna improve your humans and anatomy go for the masters..maybe look at rubens and the manerists and renaissance which are geared towards idealization. instead of realism... I just discovered Eugene Delacroix..and his animlas are great too!! i also have the barcsay and im studying the book as well..copying masters helps you understand how to use anatomy for your own purpose...nice improvements..ohh you oughta try Peruvian seafood..hehe..we have good ways of preparing oysters
    now i'll go back to sketch a few animal skeletons..my animals stink hehe...

Thanks
    Nice update...so...damn...cutesy...

Thanks
    STARWAAAAAAARRRSSSSS!!!!!!!!111111one

phew.

really awesome work teigrob, loove your style. but now that you've done ninja teddies you need to do pirate teddies, and the do them battling each other TO THE DEATH.

ohoh i have another request...could you do han solo sayin "I shot first!".

Thanks
    Very nice work as usual! The thing that really cracks me up is you're doodling in church! Ha! I always thought it be a great place to sketch, everyone is so still and attentive! And I swear, I think I could pay attention! But convincing my girlfriend and the rest of my friends is another thing. Ha! I envy your gusto. That takes balls. God loves you and your ability. You're just honoring him through it, right? What better place than the house of worship! Welp, keep up the wonderfully fluid work. Thanks for the post on my thread as well. Much appreciated. I'll see what I can do per your request.

Thanks
    thanks for the reply in my book, now i'll leave you one.
    i like the emotions displayed through these characters, takes some skill to master that. i would, however, like to see some more line weight with these pieces. for example, make the underside/shadowed lines of a character thicker, in order to show that there is actually a light source. keep it up-

Thanks
    I apologize up front for the short replies - I'm rushed for time!

Bumskee - Thanks! Will do - it'll take awhile!

Carnifex - no, no! No eating of favorite Disney characters!

Zebzfree - You know I don't just go there to draw, right? Since you really can't draw people next to you, or behind you, you're pretty much stuck with the backs of heads! Visit my website, it's got some animation on it...and check out bumskee's digital painting thread, I've got some colour work in there!

the _allejo05 - yep, Master's copies are excellant...I should definitely do more of those. Peruvian, eh? I'll check it out!

Quinster - ya gotta problem with that, buddy?

waronmars - hehe, glad you like. Oh yeah, more Solo studies coming up - hopefully tonight! (I allready did the teddybear pirate...didn't have time to scan, sorry!)

Odds - I know - Having gone to school for this stuff, I really should do better. I'll practice that more often! Thanks!

Sorry - really hectic - more coming tonight, I promise (cross fingers!)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    haha i love that first pegasus. the elvis-haircut is the final touch (although i take a wild guess and say it's only the wind making it stand like that)
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks

The Hick Report

You have a lot of nice studies going on here. And it's great to see how much you're improving overtime, though you were very good to begin. I'll be sure to keep a close eye on this thread.

As for crits, I don't have any for now that others have not said before.

Good work and thank you for making me smile today.

Thanks
    Nice new stuff in here again! I know I am saying this each time I post something in here but I really really love these expressions you give your animals, this is so awsome. sorry can't say anything more about that, simply great!!!!!
    -----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Carnifex - your wild guess is correct - it is wind-blown...but I like the Elvis look too, now that you mention it!

Kentucky - Thank you! Good to know I'm improving - that was the main reason I started this thread. (Like your handle, btw - good state!) Glad I made you smile.

Gloominati - Thanks! Expressions are my favorite thing to do!

Okay, finally had a breather tonight to scan some pages and post! Yay!
    First up, a panther known only as Silence Falls (aka Alder Mahanaim) preening in front of the mirror! You know guys do it too.

Well, they're teddybears...and they're pirates...but not fighting to the death, I'm afraid. Too much work. Much more fun to get drunk!

Some girls for action pose practice (need to do more, obviously)

That's a Scottish Fold Pony there...very rare...sometimes mistaken for wooley pigs, but really, the two are not to be confused...

And a monkey. As I keep hearing, everybody loves monkeys. Well, some monkeys, at least. I'm partial to the small, black and white ones myself...

Page 24 of 75 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 74 ... LastLast