Sketchbook: Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th** - Page 24

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hot Damn!... Hot Damn!... This is a sketchbook that's just ALIVE!... Great depth in characters!!!!.... You should work for Dreamworks or Pixar!... *eyes can't leave screen*

LONG LIVE YOKO KANNO!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    what setherial said.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, it seems to me that I haven't been here for about a 100 years, well at least I can conclude that from the massive improvement, that's goin on here!! Really awesome stuff, especially the animals are gettin better and better. You're doin a great job, keep on rocking!

-----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice new post...I especially like the one of the angry tiger guy. Good expressions!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep, lots of rolling hills and it does look wonderful in spring (of which you have one to two weeks before summer shows up early) with all the green and bluegrass. Fall is pretty spectacular too if you can get there in time to see all the trees in their colors (again roughly a one to two week time frame). Glad you enjoyed it. I figure if you go again, go to Lexington to see the horse park there for the different breeds and all the horse farms.

I'll stop now before I go into full tourguide mode.

Nice update like the others said. I like the comparison/contrast you have going on the final page. It looks as if you are trying to simplify for animation.

The wolves look good with those long legs. Their snout just does't seem long enough to go with the cartoon look you've got going. But the expressions are great as always.

I'm tired of scrolling back up to look at things, so I'll leave at that. Overall a good strong update from you, even if you say you had a rough spot of drawing there. Nice selection of roughs to your usual "roughs."

My List of Works
    Self-Portraits
    Sketchbook 01

My Wife's, Teigrob, Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice style! I like your work ethic, you seem to update quite often. something I need to work on! chug!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice. It reminds me of Disney animation. I used to love them movies so much, they really influenced my drawing at the time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bumskee - thanks dude. Now where's yours, eh? I hear tell you're in the midst of moving, but that's NO excuse! hehe, j/k. cheers dude, hope everything's going well.

sveta - I wasn't THAT down. hehe, the gun was for Chow - Space Heroine. Space Heroines need space ray guns. nah, I was feeling crummy because I didn't want to draw, and what I did draw was crummy. There you have it...but life is good. I have a 16.5 lbs cat in my lap sitting like a baby, and I have a semi-good update.

Oregano - thanks dude, I'm amazed you like my stuff - sometimes I can't stand how clean it all is, and how cartoony. Why can't I scribble dangit!!?! But I appreciate it. Hope you like this week's Chow...

TBUI, Setherial, and Carnifex - thanks dudes.

seba_boi - I prefer traditional animation myself...if only Disney would reopen their 2D studios...

Gloominati - thanks dude, it's hard to see my own improvement sometimes, but it's good to know I am. Somewhat anyway...

Quinster - thanks - I like him too...he's just been in a nasty fight.

Kentucky - I'll keep that in mind. I've always wanted to see the Eastern side of the states in Fall when all those deciduous trees go brilliant. yeah, wolves...I always have trouble with them and their snouts. More practice, I guess.

voodoochile - draw, draw, draw.

Orozc0 - 'At the time'? I take it they don't anymore? Me, I can't get away from it...don't think I want to anymore...

Well, Venus captured my imagination. I started thinking how I could do it different...so I did what Christian guys think of their wives. Hardly prudish.

Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Teigrob
    Well, Venus captured my imagination. I started thinking how I could do it different...so I did what Christian guys think of their wives. Hardly prudish.
    Ha Ha! LOL. That's great. Very nice venus update. I actually like the do-rag she's wearing in the sketch.

Please stop by my new Anatomy Sketchbook and critique the hell out of it.

"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."- Mario Andretti

My Blog (Cartoony stuff)

My Illustration Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    veeery nice*saved*
    great line variety

Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I will say your Venus has grabbed my attention. I can't stop looking at her.

My List of Works
    Self-Portraits
    Sketchbook 01

Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Tei, nice take on the Chow, it's looking very elegant. Love the lines and very solid drawing. But we expect that from you, hehe. Awsome! look forward to seeing in colour! cheers, Min

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    VERY nice. Guy on the bottom of your head sketches, his lower body looks a bit off. His waist seems a little too boxy, not much form to it. It could just be his stance. Your drawing of the woman with the baby is very well done. And for the final copy, was that done with some kinda of "special" pen? Real nice lines. I like it...it makes me think that you're thinking about kids Does Ms. Teigrob want a baby? AWWWWWW

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    uau! nice drawings...
    I've been having a look at some of your first ones and they are awsome too!
    the zebra is the best...
    I'm not as half as good as you, so I admire your work/...=]
    I was wondering if you draw ladybugs...'cause I was lookinh for one to do a tatoo of it and I didn't find anything nice yet, so... that's basicaly it!!
    continue improving...
    =]~
    bye

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    crazy3dman - hehe, glad you like.

Carnifex - thanks!

Kentucky - that IS a compliment. Good to know I can grab people's attention. Always ego-boosting

bumskee - yah, too bad I didn't get to colour...ran out of time and it was too scary a prospect.

Quinster - Anyone ever tell you you're a cheeky little teenager? As a matter of fact, one day I WOULD like to have kids. No, no special pen. Just a pigment liner, 03. I just go over my lines and vary the weight.

jokes21 - thanks. And no, I've never done ladybugs...was never one much for bugs, mostly animals. But I'll give 'em a shot.

Work is BOR-RING at the moment...which means lots of time to draw!

Practice with hands and arms. No ref

And a true shocker - colour! *gasp* I'm dipping my toes into it. Deciding I like doing dribs and drabs here and there to ordinary sketches. From here, who knows where it'll go? One thing's for sure though...I'm bringing my prismacolours to work! That dinky little packet of 12 they gave me sucks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, its been a long time, that painting of the woman with the big hat on the last page is so cool, your really making improvement with your painting, as soon as you get that down you’ll be unstoppable!

| Myspace | FLICKR The hype is real.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, lovely Teigrob ! When I open your book, the first thing to download were those charming well dressed little gigglers. I saw them and feel charmed right away, such a pleasant images, thanks a lot. I love it when you are bored. I know it's not you, probably your niece or other relative inspired you, but I end up thinking it's a little lovely Teigrob, unhappy that she got paints to Christmas, not her beloved pencils. And giggling from a successful trading them with neighbour's girl for a new furry . So, I see it as you, dear Teigron, and it suits the image of you in my mind too. Frowning, smiling, jumping, mostly smiling, charming. In case if you're wondering about jumping, look at your drawings .

The whole update is lighthearted and sweet.
    I'm smitten with you drawing hands without ref, it'd beautiful. Such a grace. I love the sitting with back to us nude, it's lovely. All the figures are, actually, I enjoyed them tremendously.
    Now a bit of spoilers. I'm not so fond of your Chow, Venus. And the reason is the style, as it was with the Battle angel. I think proportions of the body to head are not right and lines are too thick for me. I'm sorry. Thought I better tell this, the more information the better. But people love your Venus, so don't' pay any attention to me. I'm just wondering, because in any other cases you draw very light airy images. Your Venus was a bit too heavy to me. Hope you are not upset.

About colors, I personallyy think you shouldn't use those bright combinations. I think the more natural look would be better, because this is one of the main features of your art, natural feeling, grace, unpretentiousness, in my opinion.
    Sveta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    are those coloured pencils? i dig the shading with colours on the scarf very much!

Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your pictures seriously always bring a smile to my face... I love your style...

great job with the color, too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice update. The color does add a nice touch to your sketches. I feel you should continue exploring them some more. The expressions are as always, top notch. Your hands sans reference are looking good. The only crit is we're not seeing enough from you. Perhaps all that will change after your wedding bells?

My List of Works
    Self-Portraits
    Sketchbook 01

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just wanted to post here to say how much I LOVE your drawings, Teigrob! They're so expressive and just beautiful to look at. I hope you make a name for yourself in the animating profession, because you have some amazing talent. I would love to see Pinstripe in a full-length, animated movie on the big screen!

Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things. ~Woody Allen

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

can anyone send me

hi im new here i was woundering if someone can send me drawing to my email address tiger_30@msn.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your such a good drawer! i want to draw like you wen I grow up. Have you ever tried drawing Girraffes? they r so cool and i'd love to see some! i really admire you and i have looked through every single page here. bye!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by minoskram
    your such a good drawer!
    that's not true,she can't hold more clothes than you.

Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Teigrob- There is just something about your drawings that keep me coming back to look. I'm not sure how to describe it. There's just a purity to them that's captivating. It's definitely a nice break from all the horror and creatures and monsters and gore you get on the rest of this site.(not that there's anything wrong with all that) So much personality in your characters. I'm reading the Narnia books to my daughtersand I love the drawing of Lucy Pevensie you did a while back. It would be cool to see you do more Narnia.

My Blog (Cartoony stuff)

My Illustration Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey-

this last post was pretty sweet. Love the toon expression you've gotten out of the little girls. Also, I have to admit envy of your low angle jaw-line drawings. I always always always always have trouble drawing a view of a tooned/comic character from below. I dunno what it is, but that below shot of a jawline drives me nuts! Rock and roll!

-MP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tagheuer - that it has! Good to see you. Ah, painting...well, I don't enjoy it as much as just drawing, so I'm afraid I'll be awhile mastering that...but I'll keep plugging away!

sve - hello! Thank you for your kind comments. And I don't mind your opinions on my Chow and colour. Colour was never my strong suit - I always love using a hammer (so to speak) where a fly swatter will do - and inking...well, I enjoy inking, but it does tend to change the style considerably. Not always to the good either, I'll agree, since it magnifies errors. Oh well.

Carnifex - yep! Those are coloured pencils. Not too great ones either, on that page...and no, hehe, I don't hold more clothes than anyone else.

glikster - thanks!

Kentucky - one can always hope. I know, I know...I've been slacking, seriously. Hopefully that WILL change - keep an eye out!

Xuphia - thank you! Alas, Pinstripe is not be seen on the big screen anytime soon...I'm looking into Youtube though, see if I can't post a pencil test of him.

pinktigereyes86 - you can click and drag any image you like, you know. They're not locked. Just all the usual curtesies apply.

Minoskram - wow! That must've taken awhile. Actually, I have drawn giraffes in the past, but not recently. I'll see about doing some more for you.

crazy3dman - thanks! More Narnia eh? hmm, sure, I'll look into that. Lucy was based pretty much on the movie Lucy (from memory) but it'd be fun to tackle the others.

Majinpunisher - heh, don't let me fool you, that angle drives me nuts too! That's why I keep practicing it. Keep at it, and practice, practice, practice from anatomy books.

Well, I should warn you all that I won't be posting for awhile (of course, I haven't been posting for awhile ANYway, but hey..) due to, as Kentucky intimated, wedding bells. So! A post before I disappear for a week or two, and then I'll be back!

As promised, ladybugs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet update! Congrats on the wedding. Have fun!

My Blog (Cartoony stuff)

My Illustration Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    practicepracticepractice indeed. I'll have to try and work up some of those angles, specifically. I've been super lazy recently.

You on the other hand are cranking out some sweet sketches. What's going on in these? They for anything in particular? Love the toon expressions again. Can't wait for the next round.

-MP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so much life. so much expression.
    *happy*

Sketchbook

Always think about:

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4