Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 65 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    love those humans.
    but what i meant is just the opposite of the mouse lady. namely a human with mouse attitude,so to speak. you know,to give a human facial characteristics that make us think of him as a fox or whatever else animal.

edit: f.ex.that guy from harry potter 3,who was the rat.
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I really like your work. Drawing cute animals is a much more marketable skill than drawing decapitated babies with robot arms. It also has a greater range of expression. That is to say, there's an extent to which we can all relate to the outraged horse wrestling with the puddle of disgusting ick. I feel the same way when I talk to my bank. By contrast I have nothing in common with three headed cybernetic mutants. So I have a good deal more admiration for what you do than a lot of other stuff here.

You asked about people being disturbed by anthropomorphizing. Cartoon animals are very comfortable. They're humanized enough to be relatable yet they retain those personalities of animals that we find endearing. "Furries" on the other hand, can be bothersome because they're more like human/animal hybrids.
    I couldn't sit through "a shark's tale" because they chopped off Will Smith's head and stuck it on a fish and expected me to think it was cute. It wasn't cute it was macabre. I looked at it and said "My God that's Will Smith's head! With a fish tail sticking out of it!" But that's just me.
    Gilead Artist on Facebook and Twitter
    website

Thanks
    you ever talk to Disney about a job? your stuff is top notch.

Thanks
    redpaint - Thanks dude - I'll take that under advisement Guys deserve to be drawn well too y'know!

Car2nist - lol, yeah I should change the title every now and then. Thanks!

alexx - Thanks!

the_allejo05 - high compliment indeed! I don't mind at all - this forum is for learning, isn't it?

Canifex - oooh, okay, I got you. sure! I'll try something like that. Should be a challenge.

Gilead - Thank you! I'm sure three headed cybernetic mutants are marketable in the gaming industry, right? So...would you classify what I've done 'macabre' or more like Disney's animated Robin Hood? Always one of my favorite movies. (I didn't like Sharktale either...too 'hip')

Blahm - At this point I'd have to move to Australia I think - that's where Disneytoon studio is. Nothing wrong with Australia! I'm working on it.

You know, I rarely look at the sketchbook forum so I just now noticed I have 4 stars! Thanks guys!

sigh. I think I need a break...a day or two...the creative juices are running very thin...sorry.

Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**

Thanks
    No I wouldn't call any of your stuff macabre at all. But the Furry type critters, like the girly at the bottom of your July 11th post, are pushing it in my view. That's getting to be less like an anthropomorphic animal and more like a girl with an animal's head. Which can still be great for Fantasy and mythological stuff, I don't dislike it, but it's moving out of the cute territory and into the groutesque.
    Groutesque can be wonderfull and in a strange way even sexy if done right, but it won't wind up on any Hallmark Christmas cards or Disney cartoons.
    Gilead Artist on Facebook and Twitter
    website

Thanks
    yeah, I really enjoy looking at your sketchbook, you drawings have a really great style, I can't remember anyone here at conceptart who has a similar one! Keep onn posting, so I will keep on visiting for sure!
    -----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Gilead - Grotesque! That's not good. Well, it's not intended to be 'cute' - the stories associated with her and others like her are definitely not 'cute'. I wouldn't intend for them to be anywhere near Disney-ish stuff. Thank you for sharing your opinion - I really appreciate it!

Gloominati - Thanks! Keep posting yourself - you're doing great!

Okay, I seem constitutionally unable to take a break. I did these last night waiting in line for Harry Potter 6. I am such a geek. Couple portraits from ref and a horse of course!

Some cartoony stuff...

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    hey Teigrob, love how you do your animals and nice horses.... and such lively drawings.. Do you draw anything dark? like Fellah's kinda of drawings.. Just curious..

The wolf, the front leg seems slightly too long, or is that just me. ~ hehe ok maybe I am being a bit picky. well, love your work post more! cheers,

Thanks
    wow wolves! cool page! make the next one with angry expressions. nothing creepier than a real angry dog/wolf face. i absolutely love the whispering girl from the page before that. and that backview of the one with the wolf.
    Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    Nice update!
    I like the expressions in your faces, they look really great.
    It fascinates me that for example the wolves look so loose as if you can just bash them out of your pencil. You know what you're doin, man! great!
    -----------------------

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloominati
    You know what you're doin, man! great!
    woman.
    Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    oh, sorry for that.......
    -----------------------

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    The wolves are looking great. It's a very small thing, but the front legs seem to be a bit too smooth. It was pointed out that they seem a bit long, but when a wolf has its front leg straightened, it's pretty much just like that. I'm thinking though, that a little splotch of fur could break up the uniformity so it doesn't appear too tube'ish.

Also, I know animals get so much of the attention here, but your humans, they're fantastic!

Great stuff!

-Craig

Thanks
    bumskee - thanks! Well, not really - not like Fellah's. 'I try and I try - there's just no respect!' hehe, jk. I love the Emperor's New Groove - such a zany movie! Anyway, wolves' legs are pretty long, but I might have over exaggerated. Thanks for stopping by!

Carnifex - I take it I found a critter you particularily like? Glad to oblige! And thanks for the correction...but I honestly don't mind!

Gloominati - hehe, I don't mind. I call everyone 'dude' anyway. Probably shouldn't...

Craig - Thanks! They need more work tho' - so I like to pop them in evey now and then. You're right about the wolf - I have a tendacy to draw things too smooth. Why can't I render like Fellah? :cries:

Okay Carnifex - snarling wolves! And some humor...sorry, I just couldn't help it...

If it's too faint, the wolf is whimpering: "Can I stop now? My lips are hurting!"

Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 65 ... LastLast