Sketchbook: Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th** - Page 15

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Inspiration comes from the oddest things, I swear: ivy up a tree trunk? Okay! More branches...well, she's still in the process of turning into a tree, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! Yes, I'm going to colour her! We'll see how far I get...maybe I'll post it in your Digital Paint thread, eh? Been awhile! Finished ink:

Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    that's a good excuse. she does look a bit too friendly, but guess that's your specialty.. I wonder what Fellah would draw that as if he was given the same topic.. that would be interesting.. heh..

it's looking good, love the long hair.. oo oh yeah that digital thread, hehe it's kinda died down. and your animal thread too.. we'll probably pick up where we left off down the track, I am sure of it.. *I think*

I better stop spamming.. meh look forward to the *finished* coloured piece. btw great way to kick off page 8.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nice pic. i like how it all seems so "swooshie". the way the arms turn into branches is very nicely depicted also. keep going.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Hick's Point of View

Very nice. I enjoy how you countered the hips being thrust out with the hair falling the other way. It makes her look svelt and massive (like a tree trunk) at the same time.

I look forward to seeing it painted.

I'll be at more life drawings in the near future now that life has settled into a sembalance of routine. And yeah, tree forts, ground forts / castles, trebuchet for nerf balls, etc. would be great to see.

My List of Works
    Self-Portraits
    Sketchbook 01

My Wife's, Teigrob, Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bumskee - Thanks! Well, Digital Paint hasn't died actually - people are still posting you know! Are dryads supposed to be nasty? Hmm...a Fellah dryad...that would be interesting! Good feminine practice for him!

Carnifex - hehe, thanks! I like swooshie.

Kentucky - okay - we'll see about the tree forts. Trebuchets?? I ain't no weapons designer!

Eye practice today. Top half Hogarth, bottom half me exploring.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hogarth... I am not a big an of his eyes.. looks really sleepy.. hehe I actually prefer your experiments..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice eye studies. i especially like the one with closed eyes and the many folds.

Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Hick's Point of View

I agree with Carnifex, very nice studies indeed.

And weapon design is easy for children. Does or can it be used to beat upon brothers or sisters? Then parent's P.O.V. will it serious maim or hurt the child? If the answer is yes for the first and no for the second, it's a good weapon design.

My List of Works
    Self-Portraits
    Sketchbook 01

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet stuff Tei, beautiful line work! A Fellah dryad coming soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very KOOl!! i went through a phase of drawing hundreds of these when i was in high school...ahh if only i could find my old sketchbooks...oh well inspiration to start a new one

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That fat kid - aw, why that name? Thank you for your kind comments. I really don't feel worthy of it, but thank you! And I most certainly intend to keep drawing! Stop?? Why on earth would I do that?

bumskee - I actually like Hogarth - mainly because he is so stylized, it's easy to see the form. Naturally I wouldn't draw like that all the time, but it's good study!

Carnifex - thanks! Always fun with faces!

Kentucky - ah. I'll keep that in mind.

Fellah - yay! Can't wait to see it! And thank you - more often than not I feel like a colouring book artist compared to everyone else.

Skrunchey - yeah, you and me both. I still have my old sketchbooks around...lined paper, yuck. Back when I felt 'looser' drawing on lined than blank. Whatever!

More face study - top row from the bus. Unfortunately, my bus is VERY scarcely populated early in the mornings, so not a lot of opportunities for drawing...unless I want to be glared at...some Hogarth, and more experimentation...yuck...I need to study more!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 753 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Faces have this advantage that they don't take too much space on the piece of paper
    Good job with last ones. Hope to see more experiments.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Hick's Point of View

Nice studies.

Think I'll try doing eyes now and see how that goes.

Anyway, nothing really to crit beyond the bottom right face seems like the eyes are too big for the face or the face is too elongated from the eyes to the cheeks.

Like the rendering you've got going there.

My List of Works
    Self-Portraits
    Sketchbook 01

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just a quick note about the dryad-
    I like her design and the composition but it lacks some organic variations that would help a lot. For examples the finger-branches have a nice organic shape but no overlaps. The ivy leaves have some overlaps but each leaf is the same angle and direction- they don't follow the form or the natural growth patterns of real ivy. The flowers have nice variation but feel generic in shape and structure. Even something stylized or cartoony needs a basis in reality to connect with the viewer. Just a little more research on the floral elements could take a design like this to the next level - my 2 cents.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i really like the baby head.. very nice indeed!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh yeah,that's clearly hogarth style. though you're giving it a more controlled look.
    ehm,and you noticed that the left eye of that last person is quite lopsided,right?

Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That fat kid - well, more often than not they don't know why you're staring at them - they just think you're being rude. oh well! And thanks!

Farvus - oh, you will...I suck at them so much, I HAVE to keep practicing!

Kentucky - yes...that face is messed up. Her nose is too long, her eye is wonky (thanks Carnifex, I saw that), and her mouth and chin are squished together. Yuck. I need to practice more...

artkitty - thanks for the 2cents! You're right of course - it's perfect staging for animation, but for a still...well...and yes, the ivy is flat - I will disagree with you though, on the growth pattern up the trunk. I have seen ivy doing just that, which is what made me think of this in the first place. I should have made it more 'bushy' at the bottom though...thanks again! I appreciate it!

vigostar - more hogarth, actually! He does a whole series on the aging of the head - very cool! I have a hard time with baby proportions, so you'll probably see more...

Carnifex - yes I did! I'm practicing, I'm practicing! Humans don't come as naturally to me as animals, you know!

I saw this week's COW, and I couldn't resist! Here are some EXTREMELY loose sketches...

Hand sketches, bus people...

Another dryad - whatcha think, artkitty? - w.i.p.

An-n-n-d my C.O.W.! I haven't submitted it yet - I'd be first! I'm purposefully leaving it mostly black and white - unless ya'll can convince me that colour would be oh-so much more desirable... Nah... Also, so ya'll can tell me if I screwed up majorly somewhere and should fix it.

Concept: "For all your siege-machine building needs! Look no further than model XXLPachyQ9: he slashes, he trims, and he neatly loads the heavy logs onto the waiting wagon pulled conveniently behind him (wagon not included) for your expendable battlefodder to pull into place! From the celebrated black labs of those finest purveyors of magical creatures: Mssrs Bimswanger & Tiddlepunk. All rights reserved."

And close up of the 'expendable battlefodder'

Whatcha think? Should I post 'as-is'? My first cow...it's so exciting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i would indeed suggest you add colours. most people like it better,and tbh i also think it's currently alittle boring. i suggest warm greys and cool yellows for the bg.
    i'm in love with the dryad pic. most of all with the thumbnail,because the pose is even abit better there. it seems less human than the semi-finished one,which i like better.

Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah nice stuff again, great! I really love these tree-girls , they look great! Some color wouldn't be bad. Yeah some paintings would be really interessting! Keep on rocking. dude!

-----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Teigrob. Looked at your book with a great interest. Your anatomy studies (bones ,muscles , knee studies) are something. I will be back to look at them again. Your nudes looked so unique, I didn't see anything like your nudes before.
    Like tree's girls a lot, in my opinion it might have a commercial success. It's very decorative, I can see plates, trays, dishes or tapestry made on a base of your drawings.
    My favorites in animation personages - very feminine Pakistani girl and the moose
    Regards, Sveta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Hick's Point of View

Again, you do very nice work. I'm especially enjoying watching you explore different areas and trying to stretch your wings.

The exploration of the C.O.W. is nice to see how your mind works. Seems like you had an idea and decided to run with it. I like the inking. Reminds me of some of Franzetta's work. Also the color helps sets off the black, but seems somewhat muted by the white. Perhaps Carnifex's suggestion of setting the background with warm gray of say 10% or 20%. Maybe in marker and use it as a brush in Photoshop. It also looks like you took a feather from Fellah and use horns to make the men evil.

The dryad is looking really good. Soft, sexy, and scratchy (Sorry, I couldn't resist as barky didn't really go). I know she's not finished, but I'm curious to how the shadows on her form will fall since you've already shaded the underside of her foilage.

The hand studies look like Hogarth's?

I look forward to seeing more explorations of myth and creatures.

My List of Works
    Self-Portraits
    Sketchbook 01

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like your pencil drawings best, your shading is very good too. I especially like your eye studies in the middle of this page. Great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tei..COW is looooooking awsome, dryad looks much more interesting. eeee.. that elephant is wicked, the red stripe does add a very interesting look to it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SCHWEEEEEET!!
    I like the in prog. sketches. If you ever want color added...N you trust me enough...I'd be happy to do color for you..I like doing the color part let me know...I will keep watching TYE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man you are a monster, very very creative, i draw a lot but you make me realize that i could draw more. I guess i have to brush off the old sketchbooks and "fill them up" as my teacher used to say. You-are-creative, animateable characters are the hardest to come up with for me, that's the toughest thing to do..... from my drawing experience so far.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the COW and the dryad (want see more done ugg).

Congratulations on your new job. Like noeltaylor says your style lends to an animatable feel so your new company is the lucky one. You go girl!

BTW: I was looking at your handy work... er HAND sketches... admiring them. Got any secrets or hints you'd like to share?

Peace, Love and Harmony... I could never get them all into bed at the same time!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Carnifex - thanks! Well, I did post it as-is...mostly because I hardly ever do colour, and I was afraid I'd mess it up if I tried. Oh well...

Gloominati - you're going to have to wait a long time for those, dude! I'm an animator, not a painter!

sve - thanks! Yeah, I get that comment about my life drawings a lot...I don't know, I can't help it! I try and be realistic, and even when I'm super realistic (by my standards) I still get "Wow, that's so stylized..." *sigh* I can't win. Commercial dryads eh? hehe...well, who knows...

Kentucky - ogres?? I don't know about that! Yeah...maybe colour next time for the C.O.W. Yes, that was Hogarth!

Qxzi - Thank you! I gotta keep studying though - still loads to learn!

bumskee - hehe, thanks! So...when are you going to join the C.O.W, eh? Eh? hehehe...

Skrunchey - hm, now that's a thought! Do they allow collaboration with cows? I wouldn't mind at all!

noeltaylor - yes, draw more! Drawing is gooooood... That's why I like CA so much - I draw a ton more than I usually would!

L. Scott Knight - hehe, thanks! Hints? Erm...draw a lot? That's really the whole secret right there...study, and draw a lot. Hogarth actually has some good proportional guides in his "Drawing Dynamic Hands". Otherwise...yeah.

Finished ink on Ms. Dryad...I did a lot more overlapping! Ran out of room on the page though, that's why she stops where she does...

It took awhile, but I finally got tired of humans...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tei, is that "peer pressure"??
    Dryad is looking awsome, we are going to see this coloured right? the twist in the trunk is nicely done. oooooo
    I was wathcing anastacia(sp?) the other day, don't ask me why I was watching it but I was and usually I start whinging about the amount of singing they do. But this time around I was actually noticing all the gestures and smooth animation, body language and facials. Just reminded me of all your stuff, especially the animals.. :> love your stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, teig. Your lines! One day I will sketch like that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Hick's Point of View

Nice update.

I especially like how you ink. It looks like it is either done with varying width pens. and great job on the rendering of shadows. I'm with Bumskee on seeing this one colored.

As for your humans, they remind me of Severus Snape sucking on a lemon. And the children look nice as well.

The wolf creature reminds me of Scar from The Lion King, most specifically from the top right one.

Nothing to really crit this time around.

Great job.

My List of Works
    Self-Portraits
    Sketchbook 01

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3