Sketchbook: Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th** - Page 13

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ZebzFree - Thank you! huh! That's just what my roommate said. She took one look at that bear and said: "You could sell that!" Ri-i-ight...I'll think about it.

Carnifex - well, I don't know what they're called, but Hollywood sure likes them as pirate props. (Pirates of the Carribbean, Raiders of the Lost Ark...) imo, they are the cutest! Feet...yeah, I still remember this drawing I did a while ago: I looked at the amorphous blobs I'd stuck on the ends of this poor girl's legs and realized I SUCK at feet! So I started studying. Still am to this day, but I've improved a little! Thanks!

Kentucky - You would be correct. The fairy was a trifle off of Tinkerbell (just not the hair).

Hand study today. Drew them on the bus on the way to work. Wish I had a mirror...grrrr...stupid hands...

Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**

*Edit* I don't know how I got ahead of you guys, but I'm sorry! *Edit*

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yea, I know you're going for more than just drawing. But I'll admit it would just be a nice time to sketch. People just don't believe you can do more than one thing at once like that. At least, me, as a boy, can't do things like that as easily. Boys can't multitask... most of us anyhow.

Nice update! What more can I say? Fluid? Great line quality. Lots of movement. I love the drunk bear. I'd love to have that on a t-shirt. Great work! Just keep the updates comin'!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nice update, love the various expressions once more.
    also i like the way you draw your feet. i can NEVER draw feet to look somewhat natural.
    by the small black and white ones,do you mean skull monkeys? or lemurs? thoser are the coolest.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Hick Report

Guys don't preen. Peacocks do that. Guys....spruce. Yeah, that's it. Anyway, he looks nice. And the style fits with some of your other drawings. I take that he also is related to this "world" you are creating?

For the fairy, did you reference Disney's Tinkerbell or Moulin Rouge's (the remake) Green Fairy?

Your Leia cartooning (?) is coming along nicely. Even without the buns she's becoming more Carrie Fisher.

My first impression of the Scottish Fold Pony was an English Sheep Dog with a rat tail. Guess impressions can be wrong.

I really enjoy the rough sketching of Silence Falls doing...something. Don't know what it is, but I like the thought going into making him move.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Hick Report

Hands are looking good. I especially like your thinking of bone placement in the top left.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Tei.... you know I love your work.. expressions, just brilliant.. it's like I look at your sketchbook and go "damn...I better do this too!!" hehe.. your studies are hot.. Love the little "proud" girl.. beautiful feel to it..

I got the "atlas of animal anatomy" look into them soooon. Also I think CA had another hick up again.. weird...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kentucky - thanks! I need to practice them more though...lots more....

bumskee - Well dude, you're inspiring too, so there! Isn't that book wonderful?? *sigh* Of course, it really only goes into four animals, but still!! The detail!! The fabulous detail...why aren't there more books like that for birds and elephants and such?

Doodles...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    such nice gestures Tei,.. I don't think I can ever emphasize that enough. The lady's frustration reads really well.. nicely done. I haven't really had the chance to look at the book or study it yet.. but hopefully soon.. hehe, you must be busy with your new work.. hope it's all going good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ohhh i love those little gesture doodles. i'm most fond of the one with her and the child. ingenious!

Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your character work is fun. It has a lot of movement.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Hick Report

Once again, you're sketches bring a small chuckle and smile. I've had that kind of frustration before when trying to open the jar of pickles.

I also like the fact that the style is completely yours, yet it feels very "manga-ish." Sort of like Osamu Tezuka's style (Astro Boy). Mostly I believe this comes from the first drawing where she is looking down and the way her chin is shaped.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah, gotta love your sketches. Great expressions here and good character. Never do you cease to astound

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Time is slip-sliding away on me - sorry! I still try to draw a page a day, but I run out of time to post. Anyway!

bumskee - thanks dude - it was a fun experiment, both in character exploration and style (I hardly ever do, um, 'well endowed' people...) Work is busy - which is great, monetarily-wise, but not so great posting-wise!

Carnifex - Thanks! I had in mind all those stereotypical granmamas who love to pinch your cheek!

van - Thank you!

Kentucky - always happy to make others happy! Astro boy, eh? I should watch that sometime...

Quinster - Thanks!

I'm sure you've all heard by now what happened with Hurricane Katrina. My heartfelt prayers go to all those who have lost their homes in this disaster. New Orleans, you will be built anew, and better than ever!

Picture of America

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Hick's Point of View

Hmmmm..... Once again you've confounded me on what to crit. All the work you've done is good. Even that...that...lemur-panda-rabbit-thing.

I have to say that the last two are my favorites so far (on the page) for different reasons. First, the women are beautifully drawn and alluring (course being male might make them that way for me). And the children saying the "Pledge of Alligence" makes me smile.

I would say that the children bear a very strong resemblence to Calvin and Hobbes with Lilo and Stitch.

Since people make requests for drawings, I'd like to see you do a Viking teddy bear ripping the stuffing out of another teddy bear.

Anyway, good work as usual.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehe, hey Tei.. you seem a lot busy, it's a good thing right? love the "picture of America" very disney... the chick with the hat in the middle is awsome..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright update there. Those little kids seemed kinda...dunno. Although, I like the asian kid .The other one with the chicks was pretty "swell", however, that cowgirl probably shoulda had a bigger bust

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the last two pages of posts (which are new since the last time I was here) are great! You have gotten a lot better at representing existing characters (leia and han).

I love the jar opening and the guy preening. They both cracked me up.

Adventure Dog: my work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehe havent been here for much too long! Nice new stuff goin on here! These handstudies are really great! And as always there are some badass expressions goin on here

-----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    interesting stuff.
    remember that the more time you put into a piece, the more you realize you have some things wrong that you'd want to fix. try sketching something one day , and keep drawing until you think it's DONE. then, wait a few days and don't look at it or scan it. after that take the sketch out and just look at it. you'll see so many things wrong with it and you'll punch yourself in the head for thinking it was "done". fix all the errors and THEN scan and submit it. i need to work on this, as well. keep it up-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kentucky - well, you're right about the influences for the kids - I've been on a Calvin and Hobbes kick for a while, and Lilo and Stitch is one of my fav Disney movies! One stuffing-ripping Viking teddy bear coming soon!

bumskee - hehe, thought you'd like that...guys, they're so easy to please! I am pretty busy...this weekend though, I have no excuse. It's Labour Day weekend and I'm being lazy!

Quinster - A bigger bust eh? I thought that was pretty big to begin with! I don't go for the unnatural stuff, you know!

squirpy - thank you! I've been working at that off and on.

Gloominati - thank you! Could always use more though.

odds - hey, thanks dude! I appreciate the suggestion. Being as I'm an animator by trade, education and inclination, I do tend to sketch more than I do finished drawings. I see what you're saying though, and I should do more of that. Thanks!

Sorry folks, I've been just plain lazy lately, and today's stuff isn't really what I'd call 'up to snuff'. However, I think you should post the bad with the good - you learn more that way! So pile it on, and please give suggestions for improvement (thanks odds!).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello there cutie!

This isn't such a bad update, just STOP being LAZY!

I'm a boy, and I'm pleased

hugs!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahahah.. guys are easy to please..just throw some hot chick with big boobs and we all get excited.. it's too early in the morning to be cracking up..

suggestion? hmm I think you already know where you are going and you are the master of animals so..can't really comment on that. You do have a very stylised drawing, is it me? or we don't get to see much of the "finished" pieces? I would love to see some realistic kinda drawings, I know you are good with them, think I have seen some of your life drawing stuff. Or as I said before some really dark kinda drawings Fellah would do.. just a thought.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Hick's Point of View

Viking teddy bear ripping the stuffing outta another. Gotta like that. Thank you. Just a minor crit on it, the "shirt" of the outfit doesn't look right. I looked around a bit to try and find a reference for you, don't know if this link would help or not.

And the eskimo bear should be dragging a baby seal just to keep with the theme.

The monkey looks nice. The one looking at the snake reminds a bit of Abbu from Disney's Aladdin.

The women look nice and (dare I say it) sexy. The only crit I really have is arm lengths seem just a little off on the left. But overall it still conveys well. And the exploration of different types of women is nice to see.

My List of Works
    Self-Portraits
    Sketchbook 01

My Wife's, Teigrob, Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pencilator - I will, I will! I promise! Here, two more pages!

bumskee - I rarely, if EVER do 'finished' stuff. I am trying to do one now though (see below). I get bored with realistic rendering (takes too lo-o-o-ong!!!) which is really no excuse. I prefer to jump from sketch to sketch, almost like animating without the camera. *sigh* I'll try to do better!

Kentucky - yeah, I was fishing around with the clothing on that bear. Normally I do my research, but again...I was LAZY!! Thanks for the link, and the crits!

A little bit of Luke Skywalker, and some rescue dogs after I saw that pic by Phuzion on his sb thread and thought 'hey, I could do something similar! But different!'

Now, trying to find the right image to convey what I want. This will hopefully end up finished (don't hold your breaths out there folks, I'm notoriously bad at finishing things!). So any thoughts on how to better convey the idea would be appreciated. My current favorite is the dog leaning over the girl, although his position needs to shift a bit more so you can see the 'rescue harness', and his muzzle is OFF! Too far down, looks like his muzzle is melting...bleah.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All dogs do not go to heaven. Nice sketches as usual. I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of more variety as well. It'd be cool to see you work some other ways as well. The toon stuff is great but I want to see what happens when you broaden yer horizons! Lets GO!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i am really glad to see that you have a lot of your work posted, a link in your posts would be awesome...direct access to your site makes it easier for those who don't have the address. i too, am greatly inspired by the work you've done...i'm hoping to see a lot more of your recent works.. K.I.T. (keep in touch)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. Nice. Very nice. Great updates...I love looking at your characters and I just can't resist leaving you the same message over and over again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice pics. i'm alittle sick currently so i can't critique. bear with me. (hint)

Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff again! I love these dogs . One crit : try to work more on the luke skywalker stuff. I didn'trecognize him till I read your comment. Take a closer look, mate
    I'm looking forward to the next update

-----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Hick's Point of View

Nice work again.

I agree with your crit on the muzzle and noticed that the third one of Luke makes him seem a little crosseyed. Could be the sizes of the iris or the smudges on my glasses.

Look forward to seeing more.

My List of Works
    Self-Portraits
    Sketchbook 01

My Wife's, Teigrob, Sketchbook

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3