Page 13 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**

Thanks
    Thats pretty sweet there Ms.Teigrob! I like that part where the eagle sweeps down to get the buffalo Might I ask why you like animals so much? Nothing wrong with it, I'm just interested in why your interested I like suits because I love to dress up, so that would be why draw the stuff I do. What about ya'll self?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Dunno - always have loved animals. Grew up on a farm where my mum boarded horses, so that's definitely part of it. LOVE cats - as you'll see below - in all their wackiness. Humans now...never interacted with them as much as animals. Did you ever read "Redwall"? One of my favorite series growing up - all about mice and squirrels.

Wanted to do an 'animated' sequence today. Hope you enjoy!

Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    Cute.. love the last post.. made me smile.. the first falling into water is awsome. hehehe.. now I feel like running out and looking for a cat to throw into a puddle. It's raining so..hmm..

I am just amazed at your animal drawing, i draw them all like a kangaroo. awsome stuff, damn you are good!!

cheers,

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 753 Posts
    I love those sketches of girl and her cat. Great expressions (and I like cats ).

Thanks
    Your cartoons get better and better! I really like your work Your last one was very good, once again great characterization, it was kinda hard to see though (lines are light). Hey, you think you could draw a guy in a suit like I do? I wanna see how your conception is compared to mine. Maybe do one of that piano player you liked so much?

Thanks
    bumskee - Thanks! But please don't go tossing innocent kitties into pools of water on MY account! Not so innocent kitties though....go right ahead. Thanks for posting!

Farvus - Thanks - it was my version of Storm (the X-Man, for those of you who don't avidedly follow comics) as a child in Cairo. Supposedly Marvel was going to send me a script to see how I handled it, but they never did. Oh well - I still like the design! (Thanks for posting too!)

Quinster - Sure! I'll tackle it tonight. Beware - my males are not NEARLY so good as my females! Be good practice though.

Speaking of practice...I wanted to actually tackle colour!!! Run for the hills!! Oh well - I figured that I had sufficiently established my reputation as a sketch artist that it should survive the beating my colour attempt will no doubt engender. Anyway - here's the pencil sketch:

And BAM!! here's the colour! Bear in mind (no pun intended! ) that it was a really quick scribble. That was what I intended - nothing really refined - just concentrating on form, lighting (such as it is) and, of course, colour. For those of you who are curious, I just used one brush size, hard edge, at 50% opacity more or less. And...five colours, I think. I know the background sucks - please ignore it. Please give crits, comments, anything - I want to nail colour one of these days!

Thanks
    That don't look too bad, except I don't like the purple, it should have been more of a rich brown. I never do color, I did for that picture I drew for my freind's Quincenera but beyond that not much. I'll ask if she can scan and send me that pic soz I can post it I went off somewhere esle there...anyways, work on the coloring a tad, I'm sure it'll come out great after a couple tries By the way, was that colored in a pen or on photoshop?

Thanks
    Ah - see? I knew that colour piece would scare people off! All except for Quinster - thanks dude! I did try that bear again, this time more 'subdued' and natural looking...and you know what? I think I LIKE pyschodelic colour! Definitely need more practice though...I think, however, that any future colour attempts will go in the Sketches and Works in Progress section. No sense offending everyone's eyes here.

Here's your male in a suit, Quinster. And a few other males...hehe.

I need to do more compositions, with multiple people, cause this did not turn out well. sigh.

Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th** ...a-a-and it's also not coming up here. Sorry folks, hope you don't mind clicking on the link - if not, that's okay, 'cause you're not missing much!

It did, however, inspire this page, which is moderately better, I suppose. REALLY loose (thanks a lot art_addict...look what you did! All my tightness is gone! )

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 152 Posts
    love the style, so much expression.. Now I want a tiger!!!.. looks pretty cute. I love how you capture that moment.. awsome.

Thanks
    You do not dissapoint! Very nice work yet again! I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't hire you for animation. Oh yeah, thanks for the guy in the suit Except it looks like he has a pilgrim hat on. I know its supposed to be a top hat but you don't really wear top hats unless you're in a tuxedo. See, there is a difference in Tuxedos and Suits: (however that difference is alot less difined now adays since tuxedos just look like nicer suits, which makes me sad ) suits are more like daily dress up thingys, buisiness, church oufit, etc. Tuxedos are like really dressy; evening-wear or wedding attire, that sorta thing. A top hat on a suit looks weird. A fedora or a derby would suffice. Sorry for the lesson on men's wear. I'm such a freak, I can't even afford suits let alone wear them that often I said Ms.Teigrob alot in my last post on my thread..woha. Ok, imma stop now.

Thanks
    bumskee - Thanks! I do need to work on group dynamics more often though - should see more soon!

Quinster - Whoa! I had no idea. Sorry - I'll remember that next time. (Mostly I did the top hat 'cause it's easier - frankly, fedoras give me fits.)

All right, to make up for not posting yesterday, I did three pages. Hope no one minds.

Decided I haven't been doing nearly enough in the boy department. Always do girls. Wonder why? Kidding! So, I did Tom Sawyer. Well, kinda. Some boy like him anyway. I never really liked his face, that's why it keeps changing.

Some more of him and a friend, although a trifle more modern...and some horses. I like horses. Relatively easy, compared to boys...

And a redo on a pair of twins I came up with a long time ago. Skylark (the girl) and Falcon. I made them younger and not quite so weird. Oh, and they're orphans.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teigrob
    Some more of him and a friend, although a trifle more modern...and some horses. I like horses. Relatively easy, compared to boys...
    Hehe, yeah, draw what you're best at I suppose. Really nice concepts though. The boys look pretty good, but whatever sex we are we seem to draw our own better, so don't worry about it for now, just practice. Have you ever done a ballerina? They always have such rigid poses. Try a ballerina in one of those poses, except make it a fat boy, always comical (I'm not so skinny myself by the way).

Thanks
    Jeez, long time no post (for me, anyway. three days? Aack!)

A fat boy ballarina? Hmm...well, that's not such a weird concept. After all, in high school one of the big burly football jocks became a cheerleader. I think he liked being with all the girls...

Tired of doing humans, I did squirrels instead. Lots of squirrels. Squirrels hanging onto peanuts for dear life! Squirrels getting bottle fed! Squirrels getting angry! Squirrels - well, you get the picture.

Page of reference. Amazing - even found a squirrel skeleton online. I didn't realize how different their anatomy is from a cat. Their shoulder blades actually lie across their back just like ours!

More ref, and some from imagination.

A squirrel having a bad day...

Various action poses. The fun stuff!

Page 13 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 ... LastLast