Sketchbook: Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th** - Page 10
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Zoo!**Mucha**May 26th**

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Aww

Omg Those Are Cute, More!!!!

Cigarettes killed my father, and raped my mother.
    -----
    Name: Amber
    Birthday: October 5th
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Piggles!

*GASP* Guinea pigs! Ooooh... they're so adorable! And they look so pig-like (I've owned at least nine throughout my life, I would know. =P). I like those two that are looking at each other. Looks like they're having a deep, meaningful conversation about crazy fur-styles. XD That one in the hand is so life-like and perfect! It looks like I could just reach through the screen and pet it. The one being held incorrectly amuses me. It's face just says what must be going through their minds when they're held that way. XD

Dang, now I wanna draw some piggles, too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Tei,

Cute bunch.. it amazes me everytime I look in here.

Yeah.. disney is gone.. well at least those in Sydney Disney studio are trying to be positive about it I think. Hopefully it all works out for them, great talent as a bunch I am sure..

yeah a simple wash in PS, like what you did with your Roo but spend like 2~5 mins on the page. I think it would look nice with it.

you know I love your work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bleedingmetal - Will do! Well, after a couple days...I'm going to be gone for a bit, that's why I'm posting again tonight.

Kat_Warrior - hehe, glad you like! They're all from photo ref off the web. Well, except the one in the bottom corner.

bumskee - Thanks! Sure, I'll try that when I get back. Sounds fun!

Okay, one last page before I disappear for a couple days...more guinea pigs (awww...) and uh - well, I think she speaks for herself. Cheers!

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha that one crawling into his t-shirt is perfect!
    like that aqua-woman too. though i'm not sure if her breast aren't too high up.
    the page with guinea pigs makes me wanna squeeze something small "until all the air is out"(unaccurate quote from addams family 2).

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, I love ur drawings, they are so cute and i can see loads of creativity. !Nice
    salut, fló

Greetz from Austria,
    Flo
    My long Journey that just needs some practice. Critics are welcome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...cause mermaids don't wear tops...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your animals have so much feeling to them, very amazing work on capturing their emotions. They all just bring a smile to my face; so much personality I love it, they’re all so adorable! So…You mean you don’t work for Disney!?!?!?!? Dear god when I looked at your stuff I swear you did, you’ll go far with your talent for sure!
    Good job working with working on your PS paintings too, bumskee’s a great teacher! Wonderful job on the kangaroo, it’s beautiful seeing one of your pics in color

Keep it up and I’m looking forward to seeing more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, that mermaid is beauthiful...

Was just looking at your anatomy drawings. Those are great.. How long have you beeen working on the human anatomy?
    Nice anyway. keep 'em pigs coming

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Carnifex - Probably, though you got to remember she's a mermaid: she lives in the water. Bouancy. And don't go squeezing any poor little guinea pigs!!

FLO - thanks! Nice to see you here!

Quinster - well, of course not. Why would they? Don't you know your mythological history? Mermaids seduced sailors out of their boats and drowned them. They weren't very nice. Nope, not nice at all...

t e m p i s t ~ wow, thank you! Your stuff is freakin' amazing! And no, I don't work for Disney - not likely to, given that they're closing down all their 2D studios, the bums. Never mind - I'm working on setting up my own, actually...going to be fun! The kangaroo...ah, he's hopefully the first of many, many coloured pics. Hey, look forward to seeing you in that thread - when are you getting your tablet? Soon, right? Then you can intimidate us all and make us determined to be better!

Pencilator - thanks! Um, how long...well, it's kind of off and on. I did some studying in school, but not nearly as indepth as I'm doing now. Back then, I just wanted the general idea. Now, I want to know what bone and which muscle is doing what when they're in a certain position. Frustrating as all get out, but certainly educating!

More anatomy...this time studying the leg. I'll get into the muscles soon...I'm working on making my humans as expressive as the animals. Problem is, I'm not as comfortable with human anatomy as I am with animal, so I get hesitant, or do stiff poses. If I'd studied humans as much as I did horses, no doubt I would be way better. Oh well...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice ..loving the anatomy studies..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i love all of the variety in your sketchbook! i love the guinea pig thats "flying." looks like he hoped off of something or something like that. its cute! keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tei, that girl is beautiful..we should colour her, awsome design, she's such a babe!

Nice studies,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the_allejo05 - thanks!

Kittywolf13 - hehe, thanks! I try not to do the same thing all the time - gets boring for everyone that way...

bumskee - *gulp* okay...I'll take a stab at her tomorrow.

Some attempts at expressive humans. Well, kids. I find kids a heck of a lot easier to think up fun poses than adults. Usually cause adults are too dignified...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was searching for photo refs and found the one that I think you used for the top right one. I did some that I hope to get off my bum and upload tonight. And eee! More piggles! That guinea pig down the shirt looked pretty accurate. XD I've been in similar situations. Yeesh, is there any animal you can't draw?!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kat_Warrior - I'm sure I'll run into one eventually. There are animals that give me fits (elephants for one, cows another) because their body types are so different from what I'm used to. I'm a firm believer in "If I can see it, I can draw it!" Well, maybe except perspective...

Reference page of sloths. Platypuses coming soon!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the character sheet of the kids. Your cartoons are the best. Lots of life. Its got a soul.

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, just stopping by to see whqt youve been up to and like always great work and progression.... I love the hamster!! its genius!!!! and your human figs are getting real good real fast... Keep that drive at full throttle!!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quinster - thanks! I know the realistic stuff isn't that exciting...it's all from ref, just to give me an idea what the critter looks like, than explore from there!

vigostar - thanks, I intend to! More sloths today...but more anatomy coming up soon!

As I studied the sloth, their paws reminded me of gangsta rap stars. I went from there...pants and all!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, I'll have to admit that I've been lurking on this thread as so many have stated that it brings a smile to my face. I love your style and how you keep pushing yourself.

As for the rapping gangsta sloths.... I'm not sure what my first reaction was. I think it was like "No she didn't," followed up by laughing. Especially with the platypus in the front showing the child-parent reactions to baggy pants.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "yo yo yo" hahah that's sweeeeeeet Tei!. You are so good with animals.. so much life and character. I know I been saying this way too much but I am just amazed at the your level. Brilliant!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn bumskee stole my line Always good stuff!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Titmouse - thanks dude. I don't know what came over me...every time I see lowriding pants I just have this overwhelming urge to pants the guy...

bumskee - thanks! Years of practice, that's all I can say.

Fellah - Thanks dude. We'll just have to tackle dudes and gals together, eh?

Couple more posts before I sign off for the day...more anatomy! Yay, so exciting!

and more kids. The boy flying into the swimming hole was a challenge, to say the least! What are his shoulder blades supposed to be doing in that position anyway? Anybody know? I need to practice more...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the cartoons. Is that guy skinny dipping?

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    yoyoyoyo wazzzuuuuup! weekends prevent me from doing anything with conceptart,so i apologize for lack of response.
    aaanyways i think i have no crits. i love them boys teasing the girl,the rapper sloths and all of those action scenes with the children.i just love em. on a sidenote i saw baby mice yesterday,not thicker or longer than my small finger. made my day and reminded me of you.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good crap you made sloths cute. Sloths. I love those "Yo" sloths. XD Your sense of humor is awesome - especially how it reflects in your art. The sloth and the girl are adorable. ^_^ Your stuff really does motivate me, even though it hasn't been showing much in my sketchbook.

How about this - Puffins! I was awful tempted to suggest Kinkajous, too. ;P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow... i jsut saw the kid poking his cheeks. wonderfull.

you're great. question... do you lay down guidelines and then darken the goodstuff later or... does it just come out like that?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quinster - hehe, NO!! He's got shorts on!

Carnifex - aww...baby mice!! That's so cuute!! (Okay, I'm a total girl, but so what!) And they reminded you of me?? Gosh...

artkitty - hey, welcome back to CA! Thanks...anatomy studies should never stop...they just get delayed.

Kat_Warrior - hehe, anything's possible! I could probably make a warthog cute if I tried...but then again, it's all ready be done. Puffins, eh? Sure...what are kinkajous?

MisterJC - thanks! Well, I do lay down VERY light guidelines. For the head, just an oval with the cross lines so I know where the eyes go and the direction of the nose. Then, for the body it's either a gesture line for the whole body pose, or straight lines to indicate where I'm putting the arms, legs etc. Otherwise...that's usually it. That sort of confidence just comes with practice. I used to be really sketchy - lines all over the place - but the years of drawing...hehe, it does help!

Today, I'd like to take the opportunity to editorialize briefly on why I dislike comics representing real people. Specifically, Star Wars, but any other you can think of, my beef probably applies...Namely, why are they so stiff?? There's hardly any expression at all! Personally, I think they're so determined to draw the person (e.g. Harrison Ford) realistically that they lose all sense of character. So, I decided to see if I could do any better. Probably not but the attempt is worth it...

First, my page of refs...I started with Chewie, cause he's more animal than human...hehe, I so need to get out of my comfort zone...

Next, exploration time! See? I think comics seriously underestimate what they can do with real people. They shouldn't be so concerned with accurate representation, but more with accurate character representation. Admittedly, I don't think Chewie would ever grin like that...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thats pretty good. te-he wookies....

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6