Feng Zhu interview (from march 16th 2005)

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Post Feng Zhu interview (from march 16th 2005)

Interview link

I especially like how it is stressed that the designing part should absolutely NOT look like « Blade Runner », “Aliens”, and so on. Creating something original without relying on already exploited to death looks and movies ? What a novel idea !...
    And this is would make an interesting quote : "The people who make the most comments are the ones who haven’t done anything" -Zhu

I was suprised to read artists wanting to submit their portfolio have to sign away their rights (page 2) ? Or did I mistunderstood something ? I understand the legal protection blanket but it's the first time I hear something like that.

Anyways, happy reading.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Lightbulb

Thanks for the link, it was a good read.

"People sending us shoes painted white, saying they can make Stormtrooper shoes for us..."

Yeah, Star Wars fans are probably the most insane out of all fan groups

Thanks
    The cool thing about working at the Ranch is that I think George has the biggest library on the planet. He has a warehouse that archives every single book you can imagine. So what we do is write notes on what we want to see: “I want to look at Roman architecture.” And we send the note down to the library, and they find every single book we need—a stack of books, so we don’t have to go out and do our own research. We lay them out and we’ll have books all around us. It’s pretty cool.
    God that's cool!!

"Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    dont know if this was mentioned but on the left you can directly view the interview as a movie.. "revenge of the sith concept art" or something..

it's definitely worth the download time

Thanks
    Thanks for sharing. I'm a big fan of Feng's works.
    As for that sign away right part, I think most companies do that, if you check Marvel and DC comic's web site, they have something similar too. Its like Feng mentioned, it's to protect them in case they happen to use a concept similar to yours even though they never saw your portfolio. Although of course, it can be used in a evil way to.

Thanks
    That was posted like awhile ago.

If you go to CGtalk he(Feng) is taking questions, so if you have something you want to ask him you can on cgtalk right now. It only lasts like a week so better hurry.

joemadfan.com I run this site

nathensprings.net coming soon!

My Sketchbook updated 3/27/06

Thanks
    I was just going to mention cgtalk. Its great what they have come up with. Ask the artist themselves.

Thanks
    "After that, I actually worked with James Cameron for a while, but his project is really hush, so I can’t talk about it. You know Cameron; he doesn’t want anyone to talk about his stuff. I worked there for almost seven months—a very small team, just two other artists and me. It should be a pretty cool film, but I don’t know if it’ll get made. It’s huge."

...Battle Angel Alita?

...+1 exp

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.