Art: Dream Eater, nothin' sweeter!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Dream Eater, nothin' sweeter!

Here is my finished "Dream Eater" from this weeks "Creature Of the Week" challenge. It's actually my first finished piece of "concept art" so I thought I would post it here. Crits welcome.

Dream Eater, nothin' sweeter!

It's a insecty / lobster type thing that feeds on dreams and nightmares. A bit predictable I know, but I am here to learn and improve.

>>> My Sketchbook of Mystery<<<

"Originality oozing out of every pore... I don't know how...CA.org has made it this far without you...I...bow before the utter magnificence of your omnipotent concept and rendering skills and peerless singularity of thought." - Helzon (RIP dude)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

A great amalgam of disturbing features. I really like its appearance. It reminds me of a modernized take on the style of art used in the period of the Bayeux Tapestry. Like those illustrations in old manuals and bibles depicting various demons like Beelzebub, which your piece reminds me of. I remember an ink drawing showing a bloated figure made up of insect parts.

I like the posture of your Dream Eater. Its limbs and wings are all spread out, kind of like an animal trying to intimidate. At the same time, there's a sort of lethargic feeling that I'm getting from the posture and its "face". Kind of like it has just enough energy to rear back and puff up.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.