Art: Tiki Family in Quality Time 2

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tiki Family in Quality Time 2

Hey, Gang! I wanna say thank you again for being there for me. "There's nothing like a friend when good times aren't." I hold that quote to my heart. If ya haven't guessed yet, I am a sentimentalist. My hand feels great again, although not at 100%, but I am taking many frequent breaks, after that scare last Thursday and throughout the weekend.

I finished this up at the most important time to me. My dad (Sam), twin sister (Jennifer), and my lil bro (Kevin ) is coming to visit me tomorrow. I haven't seen my dad or sister in over 5 years. Last year my brother came down for my booksigning, but before that I hadn't seen him in 4 years and some change. I can't wait to see them. I love them all very much. All our busy schedules have kept us apart. It's not easy to visit each other because my lil bro lives in northern California, and my dad, sister, and mom live in New Mexico.

To catch ya up to date with this drawing. This is going to be published in "Zowie" magazine. It'll be for sale at the San Diego Comiccon. The theme is for it to deal with something tiki-ish. I'll be going back in and adding small tiki torches and tiki statues. When I uploaded the lineart not too long ago made a great suggestion for the mom's leg. I was having difficulty to make it seem like it was positioned correctly. Thank you for your suggestion. It was right in the mark. If you haven't been to his gallery, then it's a must see! http://manarama.deviantart.com/

On a final note, this is how I picture my own family some day. Nothing gets better than a bond like this.

Here is another piece that I did that revolves around a family related environment.

Hope ya'll digs!

Art: Sean "Cheeks" Galloway

Last edited by cheeks-74; April 23rd, 2005 at 08:07 PM.
    http://cheeks-74.deviantart.com/gallery/

it's not if you can't do it, but it's if you want to
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm happy for you man! Have a fun time!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love the contrasting angles you set up in the male and the sky.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks, you two!

http://cheeks-74.deviantart.com/gallery/

it's not if you can't do it, but it's if you want to

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fantastic as usual Cheeks! Your work is always an inspiration, looks simple at first glance, but has subtlty and depth beyond that of a quick cartoon.

Love it.

Cheers,
    jm

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    since dropping a comment is always better than not to...
    both are families pictures, i took the liberty to think that it is related to your family. ehh, im going off topic now, the tiki family looks unique, youre probably the only one having such a style ^^, it is pleasant to look at it. great fantastic four family scene ^^

a sketchbook that commited is owned by me. you will not fulfill your destiny by clicking it, but...maybe that it'll help you avoid brain cancer. hmm hmm..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cheeks Snowtiger here, its been a while since I have uploaded anything to the drawing board or here, actually this place is way out of my league, lol, but I know what you mean about family and lets not forget our extended family as well, they also are a inspiration as well. I too am a sentimentalist as well, which speaking of friends. In our choir one of the girls friends was very sick, so we would pray for her always at the end of practice, well this week we found out she is doing great and she is so grateful that people that do not even know her would care so much, so I definately understand the value of all friendships. As always it goes without saying how top notch your art always is, it can be a simple sketch and it blows me away, never stop drawing because you are truly an amazing inspiration.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

wicked. Complexity within simplicity. and love the your sense of rhythm.Awesome, awesome job man.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    you, my friend, have an awesome talent. i love the Gorillaz style, and dont blame you for taking it on as your own (not to say you havent developed it along the way). regardless i have been a great fan of your work since joining here at CA. thanks for being a source of inspiration. i only wish i had Illustrator at my disposal too.. oh well, Painter it is for now keep it up man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Most importantly about your two art pieces is that they give the sense of warmth and security within families. And by that standard you did great! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Sketchbook Representing Western Wisconsin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm starting to be a big fan of yours. Your style is a lot of fun to look at. I love seeing your covers at the comic shop.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.