Female sketches before adding clothing to them

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

well, these are the some "base" sketches of women before any type of costumes are added to them. I would like some feedback....thanx

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wa i don't know you draw !
    the two last sketches are good
    it's for comics strip??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb

Pretty good overall.

I'd say the strongest piece here is the top left sketch, it has a good sense of balance, nice twist to the torso, pretty good proportions and cool expression.

The sketch in the top right doesn't seem as balanced, it looks to me like her centre of gravity is behind her feet, which means she would be falling backwards. I'm also not sure what's going on with her feet there - it looks like she's wearing shoes, but they ain't no kind of shoes I ever saw! They really don't look like natural feet, and if you did intend them to be shoes, I'd suggest re-drawing them using some reference, and also tilting the whole torso forward so she doesn't look so unbalanced.

Bottom left sketch is good, although her top right shoulder (our left) and breast area seems wrong - the line going from the breast to the shoulder is implying there's no mass there at all, where there should be - as a result her shoulders are looking too small. It looks like you're trying to force perspective there by making the shoulders so narrow, but the head is still large, which is giving a strange impression.

Bottom right drawing is ok, I like the torso and the face, but those hands are at very odd angles, they don't look natural at all. The hand on her hip looks really flat because you haven't drawn in any other fingers, so there's no way to judge depth. The feet in this sketch are also pretty odd, they're very small and fairly formless.

On the whole, they turned out pretty well, I just think some work is needed on some of the poses and anatomy. I'd work that out before you start doing costumes (although the top left sketch is ready for clothing, I think) ... should be interesting to see what you come up with!

Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow thanx for the imput...
    I just want to clarify the shoes thing... their going to be weird looking shoes...just a crazy idea...

The others stuff, well I'll fix all that I can...thanx again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb

Oh, fair enough. I suspected they might be a new crazy shoe design... but I can't say they look too comfortable... heheh

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.